View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Adrenochrome Thread

Summoner

Bluelighter
"DR. GONZO: "As Your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the small bottle in my shaving kit, you won't need much, just a tiny taste..
DUKE: "What is this shit?"
DR GONZO: "That stuff makes pure mescaline seem like.. Ginger beer man.. Adrenachrome.." DUKE: "Where'd you get this?"
DR GONZO: "Nevermind, its absolutly pure"
Erowid has some limited info, but I havent been able to find much info. Anyone ever tried this stuff?

According to Aldous Huxley, adrenchrome is a product obtained from the decomposition of adrenalin, and can produce many of the symptoms observed in mescaline intoxication.

Must there be a post on this stuff every 2 weeks?...do a search, the consensus agrees nobody has much idea what the hell the stuff is if it even exists...and it would probably be incredibly toxic anyways defeating the purpose of its rec. value anyways...not to be a dick, but use the search...

^^^^____
Not to be a dick but, every two weeks? Why don't YOU do a search in psychedelics and see what comes up? The only post I see is this one! Why don't you take you bad day out somewhere else!

on the contrary, it's been quite a good day, and in case you haven't been on bluelight, this topic is quite frequent regardless of what the search says...

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/adrenochrome/adrenochrome.shtml
Also I recall reading in a book about Humphrey Osmond's results of taking adrenocrome...As I remember it was long lasting (was still there the next day after he woke up from sleep). It's been at least 7 or 8 years since I read the passage so not much more is coming to mind. I remember him describing mild visual effects from a painting he was looking at. He also said it was not very powerful and does not really resemble mescaline intoxication at all. Sorry I can't make any more come to mind. I don't even remember what book I read it in.

That guy in the bood said its not very powerful? Shit, did U see the way duke wigged in Fear and Loathing?
I have never before seen a post on Adrenachrome, let alone a trip report. The shit looks like wow.

Originally posted by Aftermath:
Shit, did U see the way duke wigged in Fear and Loathing?

It must be true! I saw it on the TV!
-ikarus

Originally posted by XxXStevoXxX:
on the contrary, it's been quite a good day, and in case you haven't been on bluelight, this topic is quite frequent regardless of what the search says...
Quite frequent? In all my time on bluelight, I have never seen a post on adrenachrome in any forum. The searches turn up nothing. Maybe fear and loathing comes up quite a bit, but I only included those lines as a reference to adrenachrome. You need to chill...your flame was completely unwarranted and rude.

BlackJesus: Do you have a link for this guys work?
[ 09 February 2002: Message edited by: Summoner ]

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is NONfiction!.... true, the movie-people changed a few things from the book, and true, Hunter S. Thompson was seriously fucked out of his mind when he wrote the book, but it really happened...
also- he was on a lot of other drugs when he took the andrenacrome, which is probly why he was wiggin like that....
but yah, guys, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a TRUE story.....how and why would anyone make that up?....

In all my time on bluelight, I have never seen a post on adrenachrome in any forum. The searches turn up nothing.That's because it's adrenOchrome. Do another search.

aldous huxley is the shit, i've only read brave new world tho.
mgs, fear and loathing is non-fiction. altho, i guess that doesn't mean everything hunter said was necisarily true.....
disciple

Ok, let's suppose I've might have come across a vial of adrenaline. Would it be possible for me to allow this to decompose and be left with adrenachrome?

where the nut is Phree-X?
from what i know the book FALILV by hunter is a story that he himself went through. from what i heard he is in jail right now for rape and coke possession or something like that

Regardless of the truth about fear and loathing in las vegas that book is an exagerated version of a trip that HST did take. If you read 'The Great Shark Hunt' a collection of his political works he does make several comments about it. I'd recomend it. I've always found that HST's truthful and political work much more interesting to either of his novels (the rum diary and fear and loathing).
Also there are more stories of him being fucked up in those anyway, for example;
The is an account of a time that he is in Mexico and he is so fucked on acid that he is seeing round out of one eye and sqware out of the other!
Sorry this is a bit off topic.

Aftermath said:
where the nut is Phree-X?
from what i know the book FALILV by hunter is a story that he himself went through. from what i heard he is in jail right now for rape and coke possession or something like that
oh yeah? well i heard that he just got done building his own pyramid, and now he's off fighting nazis on the moon!!!!