Welcome To The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread
6-APB is a psychedelic stimulant with empathogenic qualities. It is closely related to MDA and has seen a surge in popularity in 2010 in part due to it's legal status. However it is an analogue of illegal compounds and is therefore subject to legal scrutiny in countries like the US. To remind all of you of Bluelight's rules it is not allowed to discuss vendors, sources and prices.
Since this is an analogue of MDA and is likely to exert similar action to the MDxx compounds, you should treat this like MDxx and avoid doing this too frequently. Here at Bluelight we often advise "the one month rule", taking a break of at least one month between uses, and this would fit well with 6-APB too.
No vendor talk please, seems to be common in these B&D threads, but it will not be tolerated. You have been warned.
--- From the previous thread ---
Following is a copy from a list in the 6-APB Temp Sticky Thread, it is quite old and you may have different ideas about these effects which were collected with preliminary bioassays with "benzo fury" products.
Hi there PD,
as you might know there is a massive amount of chatter involving the compound 6-APB (and also 6-APDB) being generated and it is consequentially difficult to get a sensible idea about where we are all standing with it.
That is why we mean to gather every piece of evidence and considerably valuable posts here, so that not every single person has to go data-mining through a lot of junk. Of course, we have to be selective so you can always still go through it if you have specific questions.
[starting here myself, mods kindly create your own post to work in, at some point we may merge and even reorganize into *evidence and *other valuable posts, perhaps otherwise constructed we'll see]
- could not find an ADD thread about it, am I blind?
- currently working in: The 6-APB thread v. Is full of dummies from back to front. Got to page 35 (half).
From: The 6-APB thread v. Is full of dummies
It seems mostly subjective experiences are posted here between (sometimes saddening) social chatting and many
have the same product which seems to be 6-APB, with corresponding effects reported that could fit the bill.
A marquis reaction at least one user did was also affirmative.
However analysis of this product is not expected to be readily forthcoming, also there is inconsistency in the mass of
the big pills / pellets and there might be a general spread in the material as well. This in part would account for the
variation in reactions, then again it might not mean anything at all. The following was distilled from the many posts:
(effects profile updated 30/11/11 with some changes based on more evidence from experiences etc. I suspect the conflicting reports are due to a lot of other chemicals being sold as 6-APB - Jesusgreen)
Note: highly variable and needing more datapoints
Onset: 45 (or less) -120 mins
Comeup + Plateau: 5-10 hours
Comedown: 4-6 hours
Residual Effects: ?
Possible effects described:
- Visual augmentation rather than distortion - visuals / distortion are possible though (probably at larger doses?) and likened to the visual effect higher doses of MDMA produce.
- Noted music appreciation, an effect reported remarkably often (from limited info)
- Long, drawn out i.e. dilated experience
- Empathogenic, mildly entactogenic
- Euphoria, though not noted by everyone - Seems to have more quality than superficial stimulants
- Rushing feelings or "waves", ranging from absent to strong
- Apparently not notably 'fiendish'
- Not everyone is appreciative of the enhancing effects
- Some find it comparable to MDMA, although significantly less 'hard'
- Others find it quite unlike MDMA or MDA
- Unreliable stimulant effects and euphoria
- It seems that compared to mdma: more side-effects for your euphoria and other expected positive effects
- Not feeling particularly toxic, but still somewhat dirty (consistent with other opinions)
- Most reports seem to indicate significant pupil dilation, however some people only notice slight dilation or none at all. Likely to be dose relevant.
- Generally not terribly stimulant-like side effect but still there! (high heartrate / bloodpressure), tightness in chest
- Dry mouth, seems to absord water from the body like chemically comparable substances
- Pronounced bruxism, jaw tension, grinding
- Warm extremeties / mild parasthesia or tingling, another user gets cold extremeties rather than warm, trouble regulating body temperature like MDMA produces? But due to stimulant effects more chance of overheating than hypothermia.
- Some jitteriness
- Wobbly walking / rubbery legs.
- Difficulty urinating
- Possible nausea / emesis (vomiting)
- Some experience headaches (possibly due to dehydration and/or overheating and/or harmful metabolites or even 6-APB toxicity)
- Insomnia, long duration even longer problems sleeping
- Crashing and washed out feeling hard to predict but definitely to be expected in higher or more frequent assays.
- Some experience diarrhoea the day or two after use.
I appreciated this description by Invert:
Invert said:anyway, I'm not massively out of it, yet, just slowly and pleasantly on an upward curve of MDMA-like pleasure and a degree of vaguely 'psychedelic' generic brightening and shifty waviness of vision. Feel sedate, subjectively, in a way that's familiar to me from methylone and mdma; i.e. not objectively sedated, but the pleasure feels sedate, as it were. Not so mild as to be doubtable, as far as I'm concerned, but not so strong as to be overwhelming.