• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-Methyl-MDA Thread

Tis but a shill/bot. All three posts are identical. Sure a mod will clear up the mess (and the posts referring to it) soon enough :)

I've read a sick trip report about this once, curious about what other people think of it. :)
Personally I think it's on the expensive side but on the other hand the doses are low, sometimes that doesn't totally add up ;)

Big & Dandified =D

Everyone please tone it down with the vendor discussion, no need to walk the edge with that. The well meant advice is much appreciated I'm sure but let us reserve this thread for actual talk about the stuff itself.

This is actually a new one on me, I think. Looks like the late, little-lamented shillbot post served at least one useful purpose with a timely bump :)

Will have to research a lil more but sounds good from first impressions. Then again, anything that involves MDA in some form tends to pique my interest =D

I heard that this is great chemical, I read very positive report *snip* The author of this report claimed he had +4 with this chemical(obviously, it is possible that he could be just tripping very hard).

It is a pity that its synthesis requires some hard-to-obtain precursors.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't discuss "that site" or similar sites on BL. Sourcery and stuff. Not allowed even though it's not an actual source itself. Also, totally off-topic.

/ex-mod pedantry

^ Well, "difficult synthesis" isn't totally offtopic, no? (I hope this doesn't count as synth discussion). It implies that, for example, fake 5-Methyl-MDA is possible to apper on the market. :| I hope to get some real 5-Me-MDA eventually.

this chemical makes me question weather or not the oxygens are nesesary in all chems at the positions they are in. say 4 or 3 substituted 2,5-methyl-pea's or such. imagine the 2cg counterpart of something like that. a ring with all those methyl groups jabbin around hah. doubt that would work though no electronegativity

Last edited:

No sourcery =D

NSFW:
n15wz5.jpg

Sorry, I'm quite done.

And yes ign5s I agree that does seem like it would not hydrogen bridge bond well... but what if we would retain the 4-oxygen of 5-methyl-MDA but not the 3 one, you would get 7-methyl-5-APDB (numbering is rearranged all of a sudden mind you)... or the other way around make a 4-desoxy version of MMDA (yielding 3-methoxy-6-APDB if I am not mistaken).

rcix5l.png
35d2bue.png

Just fantasizing of course, some of the weird effects I have read of 5-methyl-MDA combined with those of the AP(D)B's that could get very sketchy. OTOH it might be chockfull of win.

MMDA is known for its 'brain movie' effect, am I deluded or does it seem like 5-methyl-MDA might also have something hinting towards that potential?

Last edited:
MMDA is known for its 'brain movie' effect, am I deluded or does it seem like 5-methyl-MDA might also have something hinting towards that potential?

when magickalkat started talking about 5-Methyl-MDA's CEV's in comparison to MMDA, you notice real quick just how close 5-methyl-mda is to 3-methoxy-mda (mmda). the activity on the 2 position of MDA's phenyl group is what you're wanting to focus on right? nope you're not deluded, i picked up on that too :)

MMDA is not 3-methoxy-MDA, it is 3-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine or 5-methoxy-MDA. Confusing you might say, but notice that even though the "4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine" part abbreviates to MDA as well it is not the same since the numbering changes it. MDA is 3,4-MDA.

I would personally be pretty interested in MMDA-2 but it does not have a methoxy on the 2-position of MDA... on MDA itself its the 6-position though at the moment you attach it you have to re-number it making the 6 the 2 all of a sudden and making the 3,4 a 4,5 again.

yes, i apologize for confusion it was laziness on my behalf, mmda is 3-methoxy-4,5-mda. mmda-2 i've only read about from one person outside of Shulgin, they reported a positive experience. out of all the mdxx's i only have experience with mda/mdma/mdea but i really love the talk of these mda analogues :)

When I get some of this substance in I will report back with a full detailed dandy read.. I'm pretty hyped up about it.. I wonder if a few hundred past experiences with MDA/MDMA/MDE will tamper with this chemical.. I have lost the MDxx "magic" From what I understand though this is more hallucinogenic then empathic ... We shall see!

First time dosing 5-Methyl-MDA

I'll be writing a detailed trip report after since there isn't much data on the substance.

I'm starting at 15mg; will dose next weekend perhaps.

Anyone have experience with this substance?

You may have more luck with experienced users in the Psychedelic discussion. I have only witnessed friends on 5-methyl-MDA, so I can't give you a first-hand experience story.

In general, it's described by those friends as a mild psychedelic with similar feelings of empathy similar to MDMA- but you've probably figured that one out on your own. :)

Don't get too excited, I heard that the 5-methyl-mda that just came out is bunk. I should be getting 100mg this weekend. I'm glad I just got a sample.

I heared that 5-Me-MDA isn't very active chemical. Though some people got very positive effects(but is it a real 5-Me-MDA?).

there are very limited and scattered reports of this substance. best to be careful and not hope for too much, especially if you dont know your source that well. last i read, there were only a couple of reports of its use, some probably with bunk material, others with good reports.

will be curious to see how it goes