• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-Methyl-MDA Thread

I can vouch that the first of these was rad, and I heard good things about the latter.

ebola
Really? I heard they all sucked unless you combined them with more interesting things.

I quite enjoyed MDAI, but it depends on what you're looking for. If you want a club drug, a pure 5-HT releaser isn't going to be your thing. It's certainly great for a laid back night in with friends or a significant other, or a few cocktails at a classy bar or something similar. In combo with DA and/or NE releasers/reuptake inhibitors it is much more "classically" empathogenic/entactogenic. Buphedrone & M1 both go well with it for that purpose.

Haven't tried the latter ones myself either, and i'm more of a fan of pure psychedelics as opposed to entactogens, though i do still enjoy them occasionally. Someday i may get around to trying the others, but i'm in no hurry.

even so, that fact that it is substituting for psychedelics even more so than empathogens makes me think that it will likely be psychedelic.

i hope so ;)

Really? I heard they all sucked unless you combined them with more interesting things.

My main problem with MDAI was that it only lasted for like two hours and then I was back at baseline. It was the sort of thing where you wanted it to last a long time, because it wasn't at all impairing.

I'm going to place my bet on 5-methyl-MDA being like MMA, but shorter lasting.

Haven't really heard much about MMA - and yes, this is my third day of total sobriety - bet you bitches didn't think I could do it (especially with all the goodies I got in the mail this week LOL) :p

My expectations for it are maybe a 2-3 hour peak... but with an unfortunate stimulating come down ala the beta-ketones. I hope that is not the case but I have a strong feeling that it is indeed. I expect it to be highly hallucinogenic though.

5-Methyl-MDA acts as a selective serotonin releasing agent (SSRA) with IC50 values of 107 nM, 11,600 nM, and 1,494 nM for serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine efflux.[1]

I know it's a serotonin releasing agent, but those values for DA/NE are representative of relatively (for this sort of compound) high Ki. Which means less effects upon those neurotransmitters. Which means a less MDA-like experience.

Also, if you compare the images of the two chemicals, 5-Methyl-MDA is literally ridiculously close to MDA in structure. MMAI, 5-IAI, MDAT, etc., are nowhere near the structure.

IAP is debatably almost as close to MDA structurally as this one is, and while certainly worthwhile, is nowhere near MDxA.

ebola? said:
I can vouch that the first of these was rad, and I heard good things about the latter.

Oh no doubt, personally I think IAP is fantastic and would jump at the chance to try the methylated version, I just meant that while lots of serotonin release and little DA/NE activity certainly makes for a less neurotoxic substance, it also often makes for one that's a lot less fun.

Obviously I could be completely wrong; I'd love to hear that this one's everything that "Benzo Fury" promised and more. I just personally doubt it.

As stated, I'm not expecting MDA effects from it. I'm expecting it to be much more of a hallucinogen than an entactogen but it may be a surprisingly mild entactogen as well.

I can't seem to find the Ki values for MDA, MDMA, LSD, mescaline, psilocin, etc., though I wouldn't even know where to look.

And IAP was good, eh? What would the methylated version be?

^Ah, I was getting the feeling that this was another 6-APB/5-IAI hype train starting up and I wanted to do my part to head it off. This compound's getting a lot of attention, and after what's gone on with the sale of the two aforementioned compounds I fear it can't be long until "5-methyl-MDA" and "all the crappy stimulants we bought and can't sell now labelled as something else" become synonymous. I apologize if I came off as rude.

And yeah, I rather liked IAP; on its own it was very smooth, not extremely euphoric but definitely enjoyable, and like most serotonin releasers it was fantastic when combined with a dopaminergic stimulant.

The methylated version I was referring to was IndanylMethylaminoPropane, and it's something I'd be very interested in trying.

No I won't start that hype train. It is possible this one could shatter everyone's expectations and be a real winner but my guess is that it is going to be a potent, short-acting, mildly euphoric hallucinogen, with a steep dose/response curve and most likely a fairly nasty crash.

Yeah I never tried IAP but I bet the methylated version would be nicer... I don't know though, methylation/ethylation seems to be different between amphetamines and their derivatives. I'm still learning all this stuff though so what do I know. :)

Great. This is really what bluelight needs more of, seeing as how great it has worked in the past.

Considering how long I have been a member on Bluelight and how thorough my trip reports are, this won't be a skewed report. Ask any one of the mods - I am a straight shooter. If it sucks, I will straight up tell you it sucked but not just that, I'll tell you what it did that sucked, what made that thing suck so much, and the details leading up to the thing that caused it to suck. If it is amazing, I will go into just as much detail.

I'm a very thorough person and I'm not fool-hardy like somebody that just gets up here and says "omgz man u have 2 try dis stuff. its da shit!" so take your attitude and shove it where it came from.

Anyway, day 4 now.

this sounds pretty interesting. -im with the group that wants you to not wait the full week but either way I look forward to reading your report.

you should weigh your dose and give your stash to a friend because you have poor self-control with monoamine releasers.

I cant wait for you to drop this chemical. It sounds so interesting as i LOVE MDA. Im more of a psychedelic person when it comes to MDMA over LSD, but i love the visual aspect of MDA. All tho from my understanding MDA is much more nero-toxic then MDMA, and i love my brain so nerotoxcicity is a touchy subject in my part.

I cant wait for you to drop this chemical. It sounds so interesting as i LOVE MDA. Im more of a psychedelic person when it comes to MDMA over LSD, but i love the visual aspect of MDA. All tho from my understanding MDA is much more nero-toxic then MDMA, and i love my brain so nerotoxcicity is a touchy subject in my part.

Its more neurotoxic, but its also more potent. And from what I hear the dopamine effects coupled with some serotonin release effects are what cause the toxicity, so basically MDMA and MDA are just as toxic-per-effects. If that makes any sense. I could be wrong, please enlighten me if I am.