• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-NiPT Thread

Captain, have you done bufotenine? It does pack quite a physical load for about the first two minutes, but then it becomes VERY nice...sort of a cross between psilocin and 5-MeO-DMT. Different stokes for different folks...I just know the legend of bufotenine is very colored by some reports from the 50s and it appears that the type of salt has a huge effect upon how the compound reacts in the body...a salt made from lime though is incredibly psychedelic and deep...and it is very possible some bufotenine analogues could be stellar.

You mean the secretion from toads? Can't say that I have, I was under the impression that the secretion was nothing more than a combination of 5-meo-dmt and some rather toxic chemicals, I believe 5-ho-dmt is the toxic substance or is pure 5-ho-dmt bufotenine? Has 5-ho-dmt ever been isolated and released to the public before? Lol I have no clue but it sounded toxic and worthless when using shulgins trials as reference. Anyways, I didn't enjoy 5-meo-dmt one bit, I felt like I was gonna die in a non-profound not good way, more like in the "hey dummy you done fucked up, you shouldn't have smoked me, now I'm gonna wreak havoc on your circulatory system" kinda way so I've had no intention on smoking an even more toxic version of that. Could be good though but I have no future plans on trying it lol, no thank you.

Also, I should clarify that when I say there are more 5-meo's than 4-subs I meant that the 5-meo series has more variations of simple tryptamines than the 4-sub series if that makes sense, I'm bad at explaining things sometimes. If you split the 4-subs into the two categories then there are indeed more 4-subs by number but had the 4-sub series been 1 class ie. only 4-ho or only 4-aco there would be less variation and exploration in this series ie 2. Wheres the 4-ho/aco-malt, -nipt, -eipt, -amt etc... I'm aware the latter is supposably toxic but tbh if you read the adverse effects shulgin listed for 4-ho-amt the same side-effects can be applied to 5-meo-amt so I wonder if it really is toxic, we'll probably never know.

Last edited:
^ Thank you MGS, Just my thoughts. I really don't understand how Shulgin could write off bufo analogs so quickly because of some reports from the 50s.

Wouldn't be the first time he left an interesting path unexplored, I guess there's only so much time, right?

About the 5-meo's I'd say that foxy/5-meo-DiPT is a pretty worthwhile compound in my opinion. I haven't tried Moxy but I'm sure I'd like that one too. 5-meo-dmt might be too harsh for most (didn't have the balls yet myself) But it surely is very fascinating, and it most certainly can't just be written off as garbage.

My gripe with stuff like 5-meo-NiPT and 5-meo-EiPT isn't just that they are 5-methoxy's, but that the substitution on the nitrogen sounds fucking boring too. Okay, I wouldn't mind a stab at EiPT or NiPT, for novelties sake. But the 4 sub ones I wouldn't expect much of either.

Off topic here but I'm hearing so much trash talk of 5-meo tryptamines compared to 4-aco/ho substituted tryptamines, so I've tried 5-meo-mipt and 5-meo-dipt. They were both ~alright. Are any of the other 5-meo's worth looking into or are just too vasoconstricting and side effect ridden is what I'm wondering? Don't want to waste my time on more 5-meo if none are any good...

@fagott if you found foxy worthwhile I can almost guarantee you will enjoy moxy, although they were different moxy was just better in every way, it's the only 5-meo that I've found tolerable... well I had one decent foxy experience but the side-effects put me off from ever trying it again.

To the post above, although I'm biased I would say the others you haven't tried are even worse as far as side effects go, I found moxy to be the smoothest of the ones I've tried and even then moxy could be rough at times, I have 100mgs of moxy that I plan on running more trials with so I don't waste it, only reason I have this supply is that I blacked out on alpraz and woke up with a tracking number for this substance lol, maybe fate wants me to give this one another shot.

I liked 5-MeO-DiPT too, but I like 5-MeO-MiPT much better. It's one of my preferred compounds actually, I never pushed it high (where there are scattered reports of profound experiences) because the low and moderate dosage range is so wonderful. Great energy, very very light on the body, and a euphoric, alert, contemplative headspace. Great stuff.

^ xorkoth do you know of any substances that combine well with low/medium dose moxy? I've also read of people recieving profound experiences with high doses but I just feel that there are better compounds for that type of experience and obviously from reading this thread anyone could tell I'm sensitive to the side effects of 5-meo's (particularly tachycardia, diahrea, tremors, and uncomfortable body buzzes) so I plan on keeping my trials within reasonable ranges but I'm wondering if moxy will work best for me as a substance to enhance other psychedelics. I know low dose moxy has a rather pleasant body high but also lacks in visuals and headspace for me, have you ever combined it with any 4-subs or phens?

Ps: I sincerely appologize to the OP, I've REALLY set this thread up for derailment and there's yet to be anyone commenting on the substance this thread was created for, 5-meo-nipt. As an apology I will spend some time trying to dig up what I can on this new chem so I can add something usefull in this thread for once :p

Last edited:
Hmm, trying to remember what I have combined with moxy... I feel like 2C-B would combine well. I'll get back to you.

Well as promised I scoured the net for info on this chem but its rather scarce: this site has a couple of our posts on this chem but also has reviews from reddit as well.

Link to info below apparently sources so I deleted it.

"had that the other day. it was pretty interesting. i took way too much, it turns out, something like 20mg, but no problems. started out with kind of a body high. i spent most of the time playing my drum, then got a lot more mellow. just sat back and relaxed. tended to drift in conversation then forget what i was talking about. was a pretty interesting time"
Only TR I've found on 5-meo-nipt, doesn't sound TOO bad but who knows if this report is legit, it is reddit afterall.

"This particular compound is most definitely not “new”. Back a few years ago (well, okay…maybe more than a few now) this was making the rounds in some circles. Never got my hands on it however.

Anyways, SAR leads me to believe that this wouldn’t be all too great of a psychedelic. I mean, it’s an N-monoalkylated tryp, whathca expect? "
Has this chem been released before? I doubt it as there's practically zero info on it.

Then there's this which is pretty worthless:
http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/summary/summary.cgi?sid=164228892

Besides this all I could find was that it's a 5-meo-dipt metabolite, I guess were just gonna have to wait for the guinea pigs to write up more reports.

Last edited:
^ That first link should probably be edited out due to sourcery.

Like you I can't say I'm particularly excited about this. I do occasionally enjoy 5-MeO-MiPT but other than that I'll go with the general consensus that 5-MeO's aren't particularly enjoyable.

Your right, I didn't even notice that it had sources, thanks for catching that. I edited the link out...

Captain, have you done bufotenine? It does pack quite a physical load for about the first two minutes, but then it becomes VERY nice...sort of a cross between psilocin and 5-MeO-DMT. Different stokes for different folks...I just know the legend of bufotenine is very colored by some reports from the 50s and it appears that the type of salt has a huge effect upon how the compound reacts in the body...a salt made from lime though is incredibly psychedelic and deep...and it is very possible some bufotenine analogues could be stellar.

Ohh okay after reading your informative post over again I didn't realize that the type of salt affects the overall effects. Also another thing worth noting is that shulgin did his trial intraveniously so who knows, maybe IV route just isn't ths way to go and couple that with using the wrong salt could easily explain his "miss-trials". What form of bufotenin do you use MGS? toad venom, pure 5-ho-dmt, or yopo seeds?

Maybe I should actually give this this one a shot. Would you recomend toasting some yopo seeds(all I have access to), crushing them into powder and add some lime juice and snort away? Would this give me an idea of what bufotenine has to offer? How many seeds will I need to consume to have a moderate +++? Who knows, now that I know this I can kinda see why exploring the 5-ho trypts may have some hidden gems, now I'm on the same page as fagott. Again, thanks for that post but If you would be kind enough to answer my questions or add any other tips to ensure I get the most out of 5-ho-dmt I would REALLY appreciate it. Color me interested, I'll give this one a shot :)

Last edited:
Actually, believe the hype. Bufotenine is definitely confirmed as a fully visionary substance, different from DMT and 5-MeO-DMT, but just as valid as either. And I have never even tried the fabled 'calcium' form. So far, just heating the beans till popping, deshelling, mashing to paste, drop water and baking soda, heat till dry....is enough for me to taste enough that...yeah this is a badass psychedelic. With baking soda, I suspect I am not fully base-ifying it because there is a 'bodyload' that starts upon exhaling and lasts a minute or two until the visionary effects begin...but it goes right away. Fully based bufotenine does not seem to produce this (so I read.)

When smoking the based beans (mixed with tobacco) the effect can get +++ with four-five hits, but usually I just take one for a 'marijuana-like' ++ effect that lasts 20 minutes or so. I will certainly work on the 'calcium bufotenine' form....and will eventually isolate the pure form when supply permits.

Any other BLers as amazing by this one as me? It's like the missing link.

No experience with snorting the bean snuff but it for sure sounds like the most 'hard core' and 'authentic' means of taking it. As the below texts shows, these are potent little things, 3 or 4 beans prepared as below is enough for full effects.

I never had enough to bother trying to get pure crystals, but last time I did take a few grams of the snuff, soaked in dry acetone, filtered, and evaporated on parsley for a much easier way to smoke bufotenine and it was very successful.

PS..it isn't lime juice you want, you need 'pickling lime' aka calcium hydroxide. Found in any grocery store in the canning section.

Fuck, nursing a serious broken heart. Everything reminds me of the thing I ended today, first time I got the beans I shared it with K and so naturally that night is in my head. Sometimes it would have just been easier to have been born horrendously disfigured with a personality to match. It is always something, or well at least there are drugs to make me feel better, or perhaps another go with ibogaine will be a wake up call I need....until summertime when I started 'dating' again I was VERY happy and secure being single..I really need to get back there again.

Done, thanks for reading.

Wow so this stuff has some real potential huh? Thanks for your reply and the heads-up on the calcium hydroxide. Maybe I'll place an order and start off by smoking then move onto insufflation as I would imagine it to be painfully uncomfortable. So to be straight when going for the smoked route I wanna use sodium bicarbonate and NOT calcium hydroxide? Also how much baking soda is required for smoked? How much calcium hydroxide should be enough for insufflation?

Last edited:
you want to use the lime in all cases. I used the baking soda in pinch cause i had no lime. It works, but not very well.

Yeh basically, on the DMT nexus page there are plenty of instructions., I don't remember the ratio but it isn't much.

Thanks man :), you may be introducing me to something that I wouldn't have ever even considered. How would you compare it to 5-meo-dmt (a chem I fucking HATE)?

Well, the experience is like a cross between psilocin and 5-MeO-DMT. In fact, a recent paper shows that bufotenine once in the brain is actually converted to 5-MeO-DMT, and back. It will exist in a state of both at times, I'll dig up the paper tomorrow.

Fascinating MGS, thanks. I may decide to give that a go one day too. I still haven't ever tried 5-MeO-DMT, I had 100mg once but I was always too chicken shit to try it, and I eventually traded it. :)