• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

If you have the hydrochloride salt it is actually quite active sublingually. I can feel 5mg and it is on par with snorting but smoother. I do not feel like I am wasting any compared to snorting and enjoying it more. The HCl has a slight burn, nothing too intense. Wonder why they switched to producing the HCl it seems the freebase is way harder to find now. Likely to add weight.

I'm in an introspective psychedelic space off just 5mg sublingually. It is really potent stuff and if you have the salt and have been frustrated not knowing how to use it definitely give sublingual a try. Glad I got a good supply of this one it is very powerful but I trust myself with it. I've held onto it for years before trying it. Sublingual is far better than snorting for me. I think 30mg sublingual would be a pretty heavy trip. I'm deep in thought at the moment about my life or I've been. Also enjoying a healthy midnight snack. It's a good drug and doesn't have to be smoked if you are apprehensive about that.

This one is very clearly sacred I've used it several times now. It can be used pretty frequently due to the short duration, but like DMT I can never keep it up for long without losing interest for a while.

If you want 5-MeO-DMT go lick a toads back, but like give it a poke first.. like piss it off so it shows its venom and take a swab at that. M8 these cane toads in qld do the same things as the Incilius alvarius trip you the fuck out. When in doubt lick a toad

True that.

Anyone else enjoy this stuff so much sublingually? I have the HCl and didn't know what to do with it for years, but this is phenomenal. Easy to dose, pretty short acting, and overall up there with shrooms and freebase dmt used this way.

Wow sublingual eh? Really interesting. That sounds way more comfortable than snorting it. I'm interested to hear how it does as you scale up the dosage sublingually.

Yeah I was surprised myself. I would have been using this ages ago! I've been apprehensive with it a bit. I don't think I'd smoke it and I have the HCl. I had the freebase, but lost it in a forest fire. I don't like snorting things very much because I snorted heroin for 6 years and I'd like to leave my nose to inhale in peace. But at first I railed it, definitely irritated my nose but I got into that cosmic headspace and had to lay down like dmt, it laid me out like that where you don't have very much time to lay down.

But sublingual was... hard to describe. It's not really shroomlike but there are similar visuals. It's electric. It's also contemplative and meditative at doses around 20mg. I don't mind "wasting" it because I'm getting amazing experiences and have like an eighth to research. Oh and the first time I took it sublingually I didn't feel it because I didn't hold it there long enough. But after that I definitely felt it strong enough to be having visuals and deep thoughts about my life. Electric, oddly reminiscent of DMT but a very different vibe. It's easy to take if you have a couple hours to spare before bed. Sometimes the next day I will realize I have an afterglow and remember I took some when I was stoned last night. Stuff seems healthy, really. Definitely ramping up the dose. Slowly though, as it seems to be very stimulating.

I found conflicting info on sublingual administration but it definitely works and is how I plan on using this stuff. A dose like 50mg or 75mg could be pretty crazy.

If you google a bit on 69ron and sublingual 5-MeO-DMT there's some interesting info out there. He also used MAOI's for this.

And @Frontwize1: Just stop spreading misinformation right. The end.

If you google a bit on 69ron and sublingual 5-MeO-DMT there's some interesting info out there. He also used MAOI's for this.

Check out Otts take on it at a 2000 Aya conference :
"30 mg 5MeO orally active alone. Pharmacologically identical to snuffing or inhaling, salt not necessary, all his work was with the freebase.

10 mg sublingual or nasally is a threshold dose for him

3-5 mg of harmaline doubles the effects of sublingual or snuff use."

Also, looking for solubility of of 5 meo dmt hcl....
My scale is kinda kife.. gemini "pro" my a..... Looking to weigh out a larger dose for volumetric dosing and evaporate.

Iirc 5 me dmt hcl is soluble in water? Does the brief time in solution/evaporating pose an issue for stability?

Anyone tasted it in any forms? I've only ever experienced something like the taste via the post-nasal drip of the HCl, doesn't seem too horrible. Might try sublingual.

Anyone tasted it in any forms? I've only ever experienced something like the taste via the post-nasal drip of the HCl, doesn't seem too horrible. Might try sublingual.

In the bit about 69 rons window panes he mentions fb burns like hell but fumarate isnt so bad...
Ill report back in a few weeks as i think ill try sublingual administration of the hcl (then sublingual with harmalas) before insufflation

Edit: hows the burn insufflating 5meodmt hcl?

Last edited:
In the bit about 69 rons window panes he mentions fb burns like hell but fumarate isnt so bad...
Ill report back in a few weeks as i think ill try sublingual administration of the hcl (then sublingual with harmalas) before insufflation

Edit: hows the burn insufflating 5meodmt hcl?
snorting 5-meo dmt is very very painful and might ruin the experince or make it dark due to the pain in your nose translating signals to the brain. Plugging 5-meo is suppose to the best method but i only vape it through a glass machine

snorting 5-meo dmt is very very painful

It doesn't have to be painful: push the straw deeper inside your nostril, insufflate strongly and bend your head backwards (for example lying down with a pillow under your shoulders).
You will barely feel anything.

In my experience, the doses usually recommended, as well as the idea that the experience is qualitatively different, are totally off.
I first tried with the dosages found on erowid and felt close to nothing. I was also insufflating with the straw only half-way up the nostril and it hurt like hell.
I've however seen at least one report of someone who had amazing experiences with these doses, but it seems he was still quite aware of his surroundings.

By upping the dose to 55 mg and changing the insufflation method, I get to the same place as when smoked. It lasts much longer (45 minutes), although it does not feel proportionally longer than when smoked. The afterglow lasts for a day.
Better than smoked.

I don't know what dose others need. Work your way up.

^ Yeah the pillow under the shoulders thing is what I do too. Works really well. I can't imagine snorting 55mg - I think that would be way too much for me and probably cause me to black out.

55 mg, holy hell! For me, 30 mg insufflated freebase was quite sufficient.

Anyone ever tried low dose ketamine as a launching platform for 5meodmt? It seem such a good fit, that im surprised there is not more documentation to find about combining the two.

Anyone ever tried low dose ketamine as a launching platform for 5meodmt? It seem such a good fit, that im surprised there is not more documentation to find about combining the two.
I'm certain many have. The late and great Help?!?!? used to say ket or mxe made a great launching pad for DPT; I imagine dealing with 5-meo-dmt would be similar and the warmth/dissociation from a low dose of ket would help get you past the initial 'holy shit I'm one with God this is freaking me out' phase.

Dissociatives make great launching pads for all psychedelics, in my experience.

It is a lovely combo. I wrote a trip report about it although I had also taken DOC. Myself and the late Jamshyd (RIP) discussed a little in that thread.
I LOVE your point of view on psychedelia, and only completely agree with it :)

Re: your last line... I have one thing to add, if I may :) - I'd say if 5-MeO-DMT is floating as a thin layer of purity covering the topmost of all layers in an alembic of entheogenic purity, then the drops condensing in the other chamber would be the Ketamine experience (at entheogenic doses).

If 5-MeO-DMT conveys "little else" (which I totally agree with and understand as per the combo experience I shared above) as you say, then I'd say K conveys, or rather implies, Nothing at all, for which I have infinite appreciation as you may have noticed from my posts... I am aware of my folly for having a whole lot to say about Nothing ;). Of course, many disagree with my opinion here, but I like to stick my ego where it don't belong... hehe

Cheers, and please write more of these! <3
Also featuring the dearly departed MGS :( <3 but one of the few trip reports that I bothered to write (I don't really like writing or reading them and never make them more than a paragraph or two) because the substance(s) in combination brought out something unusually special. I think there is something in particular to the ketamine/5-MeO-DMT combination regarding the sort of nullity mentioned in the quote.

Dissociatives make great launching pads for all psychedelics, in my experience.
Sorry for slightly derailing.

What ketamine dose would you use?
For me 10-30mg is social and stimulating.
Starting at 50mg makes me want to close my eyes and stretch.
When i go into a float tank i use 100mg.

I am not a regular user (1gr/year MAX)

I have used MXE far more than ketamine, and 3-MeO-PCP/PCE. But basically I shoot for a light to moderate dose, and when it's taken effect, dose the psychedelic.