• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

If 14mg only made you feel trippy, then you definitely vaporized it very very inefficiently!
I also had to find the right way, and this made a huge difference.
5-MeO-DMT is definitely more problematic to vape than e.g. DMT, as you need higher temps, but still the molecule cannot stand high temps, so temp has to be limited.

Today did again the HCl powder way, this time with 5mg and it wasn't as bad with the burn. It seems the higher the dosage, the less you feel anymore...=D

But the difference is quite strong compared to vaped. 5mg HCl is about 4mg vaped. And 4mg vaped is already quite strong. Whereas the 5mg HCl was already quite trippy but surely not yet there where it would have put me vaped. But it surely is much easier to go with as the come up isn't as brutal. And it last longer...which is nice, as you can get much more familiar with this state in lower doses.

I think the report you're referencing is the one I wrote about DPT.

Lol that was definitely it.

A few years ago a friend of mine had some 5-MeO-DMT and I tried it a few times. I started with vaporizing 8mg and it didn't do much. I tried again, I think with about 14mg, and felt trippy and got some visual distortion but didn't break through. It seems I'm not as sensitive to it as some people, but it's possible I didn't vaporize it efficiently. I think I'll either jump in at a 20mg nasal dose or vaporize it to make the most of it.

I could get more if I want. My experiences with it before were uncomfortable but I had the opportunity to get a free sample so I decided I should give it another shot. I'm worried I'll have a terrifying experience, but then again I've never had an unpleasant experience breaking through on salvia or DPT.

I've found 5-MeO-DMT to be uncomfortable and challenging at lower doses. At higher doses the challenge and discomfort is still there, but it's dwarfed by the magnitude of the effects and becomes completely irrelevant. It is such a powerful experience that none of that matters. Nonetheless I feel that the lower doses are useful for getting practice with handling those challenges and learning how to let go amidst them and navigate the 5-MeO-DMT headspace.

If you seem to have a bit less sensitivity to it naturally, jumping in at 20mg intranasally isn't a bad idea. Maybe even a bit higher than that. I wouldn't go higher than 24mg right off the bat though. If you're going to jump in with a single large dose it might be worth having a chilled out sitter with you. I don't reckon it would be great to vaporize the HCl.

It's somewhat a "black-belt" psychedelic. Not to put it on a pedestal, or stroke egos, or scare people off, but it does have some overhead to it.

Unclear dosage in regards to plugging seems to be the same for DPT as well as this. If analogical reasoning applies here in any way, this one should be less potent plugged vs insufflated even if the literature suggests they should be similar. I read everything I could find online about plugging DPT, the conclusion being it's just as effective as insufflation (a few reports suggesting otherwise), and yet I found it to be not near as effective. In fact maybe even 50% less effective.

Maybe it's the same thing here.

I tried 33 mg plugged. Effects were VERY light. So in my experience what you are saying seems likely. Stumbled upon another guy who went up to 70 mg HCl plugged before experiencing breakthrough... Seems like a very high dose but judging from my own experience I would say I'd have to go to 50mg before anything more major would happen..

Best way to use the HCl? I was thinking sublingual has anyone tried it this way?

I am wondering if I could low temp dab the HCl, this is how I use dmt freebase and it is very efficient. Waiting 30s for the glowing nail to cool down and carb capping the stuff, with no water in the rig.

Not even sure if I want to smoke this one though. I'm thinking sublingual if it's possible I'd likely prefer it that way. Otherwise, I'd likely snort it.

Best way to use the HCl? I was thinking sublingual has anyone tried it this way?

I am wondering if I could low temp dab the HCl, this is how I use dmt freebase and it is very efficient. Waiting 30s for the glowing nail to cool down and carb capping the stuff, with no water in the rig.

Not even sure if I want to smoke this one though. I'm thinking sublingual if it's possible I'd likely prefer it that way. Otherwise, I'd likely snort it.

It may be possible to smoke the salt, though I recall reading here that it does not seem fully effective at the 7-10mg range as the freebase is. I'm curious but it is not the right time for me to experiment. Beyond that, IMing the salt would work well. I've IMed 5-MeO-DMT acetate to wonderful effect...very potent even at 3mg.

Oh really? That sounds like a good idea man. I have never IM'd something so I'd have to do some research but I have IV'd heroin 5 times when I was an opiate junkie, at times of desperation. I was thinking of shooting the 5-meo-dmt, but came to my senses. I want to do IV dmt some day though, my preferred psychedelic experience so far.

Is it really not possible to just take it sublingually? I have 3 grams so the supply isn't much of an issue. That means I could have 1000 IM trips haha. I'd really prefer to use it sublingually if it is even possible, I've been looking for an answer to whether or not it is active like that but haven't found a good response. I don't think I'd vape the hcl it might be harsh, and freebase dmt low temp dabbed with no water in the rig is nice and smooth on my lungs. I had the freebase before, but caused a forest fire that luckily got under control pretty quickly, but I threw it in the woods as I was having a hardcore panic attack thinking the cops were on their way haha. Man... cabin in the woods was like an acidfreak den back those days. The whole town came to help put the fire out lol, I just had bongs and pot and psychs everywhere and was trying to hide them and lost my lovely crystalline freebase. Now I don't know what to do with the Hcl... would really prefer to try sublingual if anyone has before?

Probably not the best idea. I never had a habit of it, almost always sniffed my H but still. I will always remember that colour of my crimson blood and how it mixed with the solution... no worries though, I am so over that.

I need to figure out if this can be taken sublingually. I used to rail all my heroin too, apart from those 5 occasions of sheer desperation, so I don't like the idea of railing psychedelics either.

The salt can probably be converted to freebase. Someone here might fill in the details.

Oh thanks for the info you two! I had lovely freebase crystals before, but had to throw them away in the midst of an enormous forest fire in which I thought the cops were coming... so I am stuck with the salt now. I also lost AMT and methylone that wonderful day, and only the entire town, a fire truck and rescue helicopter ended up showing up so I would have been good.

I wonder why they even make the salt if it is so damn hard to use in comparison? Wish I still had my 3 grams of freebase8(

would this be about as close as we can get, currently, to the signalling of what dr. shulgin calls the ultimate evolution, or end of the human experiment?

I live in the UK, don't really see meth pipes about much as meth has never really taken off here.
i live in american city that is so devoid of meth that people actually move here to get off of a meth addiction.

i know this is late, but search "oil burner" on everyone's favorite internet wally world (name of a big river ;0))

i bought a nice pyrex 3-pack for (iirc) under 10 bucks. (and each is well labelled so residues dont get mixed up)

happy trails!!!

well, that's his supposition of what will happen if we stumble upon a substance or technique that can consistently generate ++++ experiences, paraphrased from the rating definition.

i havent used it, but it seems, based upon the enormous amount of reports, that this compound fits the bill..

It is for me...but I've seen troubled souls just puke on it. No ++++. Perhaps I failed them somehow but in general it does fit that bill rather well.

Did you guys see Hamaliton's special on toad venom on vice? Great special... I sure would not give souls 5MeO in a creek with hard rocks.

haha i was thinking the same thing... how many close drowning calls? or someone thrashing and smacks their head? with that said, the setting was beautiful.

Hey bluelighters! I've done a lot of googling and poking around the Nexus but I'm super curious what the latest info is! Couple of questions.

Question #1: I'm wondering about 5-MEO-DMT as a changa admixture. There are lots of constraints about combining MAOIs (RIMAs) and 5-MEO, but I'm curious if this is ROA dependent? ie, 200mg harmala alkaloid consumed orally sounds sketch, but what about <5 mg vaporized? How safe is it to combine very reasonable doses of vaporized freebase Harmine, Harmaline, and THH with 5-MEO in a smoking blend? Something like 2mg Harmine, 2mg THH, and 5mg 5-MEO per dose? (purely hypothetical.).

Question #2: If this is just a horrible idea, and nobody should ever combine 5-MEO and any harmala alkaloids under any circumstances, then what about combining 5-MEO and N,N-DMT, possibly even with a touch of 5-HO-DMT (i'm aware of vasoconstrictive effects, etc of bufotenine)... What would be an ideal ratio? I'm thinking something like 5mg 5-MEO, 10mg N,N DMT, and maybe 2 mg bufotenine? This should allow the experience to be primarily 5-MEO but with stoked up visuals, yes?

Question #3: Last question. Any word on the latest plant sources of 5-MEO? I've done a lot of googling, I know about the chaliponga myths, delosperma cooperi, etc... Is phalaris the best source of non-synthetic 5-MEO these days? What's the best variety?

First post, thanks for reading. Bluelight is a great resource. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey bluelighters! I've done a lot of googling and poking around the Nexus but I'm super curious what the latest info is! Couple of questions.

Question #1: I'm wondering about 5-MEO-DMT as a changa admixture. There are lots of constraints about combining MAOIs (RIMAs) and 5-MEO, but I'm curious if this is ROA dependent? ie, 200mg harmala alkaloid consumed orally sounds sketch, but what about <5 mg vaporized? How safe is it to combine very reasonable doses of vaporized freebase Harmine, Harmaline, and THH with 5-MEO in a smoking blend? Something like 2mg Harmine, 2mg THH, and 5mg 5-MEO per dose? (purely hypothetical.).

First post, thanks for reading. Bluelight is a great resource. Thanks!

Q1: Is a safe and good idea. Not sure about the IMAO smoking cuantities, thought. I would say 2-5mgs seems like under dosing, but let another more experienced blighther to confirm. 2-5mgs of smoked 5-meo is around the sweet spot