• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

No it's still available
well, i hope this doesn't break the sourcing rule...

but i'm guessing there might be forums out there where ppl trade ethnobotanicals? is it going too far to ask for any recommendations on good forums to join?

Last edited:
The first place you should go is DMT Nexus and look into the extraction tek, last i heard there was no way to remove toxic gramine from the mix. Make sure you know what you are doing

Could be gramine has a lot lower solubility in naphtha, never tried it but some anecdotal reports suggest this and it should be more polar with one carbon less

tbh, i dunno if i'm up for trying it (my days of tripping are at least on major hiatus), but i think it'd be fun to have an ethnobotanical garden someday.

with that said, casual perusal of the nexus tells me freebase gramine is pretty insoluble in nonpolar solvents, whereas freebase 5-meo-nn-dmt (i know, i'm a smartass) ought to be pretty soluble in np... should be a pretty straightforward a/b separation, no?

What is the starting dose for a semi-advanced psychonaut? The most I did was 500ug LSD but usually I stick to 300ug level of strong recreational where teh ego gets dissipated for half an hour at most. This one is so intruguing and tempting but I'm also a little scared, everyone says it is so powerful. btw I don't believe in asphyxiations stories, taking less than 50mg of 5 -meo should never be lethal, these are just some myths.

But anyway, should I really start at 5mg and go up or just throw myself at 10-15? I really don't like the bodyload when thepayoff is not worth it. So if I white out after 12mg on my first atempt Ill just go down or nay? It's tricky but fascinating nonetheless.

What is the starting dose for a semi-advanced psychonaut? The most I did was 500ug LSD but usually I stick to 300ug level of strong recreational where teh ego gets dissipated for half an hour at most. This one is so intruguing and tempting but I'm also a little scared, everyone says it is so powerful. btw I don't believe in asphyxiations stories, taking less than 50mg of 5 -meo should never be lethal, these are just some myths.

But anyway, should I really start at 5mg and go up or just throw myself at 10-15? I really don't like the bodyload when thepayoff is not worth it. So if I white out after 12mg on my first atempt Ill just go down or nay? It's tricky but fascinating nonetheless.
The right dose depends on how much prep you had leading up to experience IMO. Like are you going to meditate intensely beforehand, or do you want something (for lack of a better term) more casual? I had the full 15-20 mg my first time. It was very challenging and kind of negative but healing long-term. It was what I needed, and I didn't freak out or need to call for help. It feels a lot like DMT if you've had experience with it. Just quiet. Very quiet. Also, I haven't personally experienced painful body-load so it varies from person to person (but apparently can be pretty bad). Lower doses aren't as bad for me as some people describe them. To me, if I meditate through the experience, it feels very quiet and borderline peaceful.

TLDR: if you are doing it for the experience, go the whole distance, but take it seriously. IMO

whereas freebase 5-meo-nn-dmt (i know, i'm a smartass) ought to be pretty soluble in np
Ya know, IME the DMTs aren't actually super soluble in NPs, and that is why they make the best crystallization solvents. They do seem very soluble in alcohols however.
btw I don't believe in asphyxiations stories, taking less than 50mg of 5 -meo should never be lethal
Um no this is actually not true, there is at least 1 well known case of exactly this happening, and the decedent was my close friends roommate.

Death of Anthony Birkholzedit

On January 17, 2017, in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, after drinking heavily, Hardison and two other men consumed a substance believed by the Teton County, Wyoming coroner to be the psychedelic drug 5-MeO-DMT.[13] One of the men, artist and filmmaker Anthony Birkholz,[14] died from aspiration of vomitus secondary to food, alcohol and 5-MeO-DMT ingestion. The jury at the coroner's inquest found that Birkholz's death was accidental but could have been prevented.[13][15] Hardison called 5-MeO-DMT "a very rare, beautiful experience," but admitted he hadn't done any since the night Birkholz died. "Looking back now," he said, "I'm not so charmed."[16]

But anyway, should I really start at 5mg and go up or just throw myself at 10-15?
I would generally recommend starting slow because everyone reacts differently. I've seen people scream at the top of their lungs, roll around puking, try to have sex w me, etc. It can be a very intense and profound experience. That said i do probably find more benefit in the larger doses. Ive had a few breakthroughs, but i think the white out experience is kinda pointless. Side note, 5 meo dmt, mixes really well with DMT itself.

Last edited:
(i imagine nudging sliders on a video game)

@Didgital

is there a continuum where the dmt and the 5-meo-dmt would take over the... focus of the experience? or do they just blend no matter how much of each is taken?

(anyway i still have yet to try 5-meo-dmt, still scares completely shitless to even think of finding it... dmt is insane enough)

(i imagine nudging sliders on a video game)

@Didgital

is there a continuum where the dmt and the 5-meo-dmt would take over the... focus of the experience? or do they just blend no matter how much of each is taken?

(anyway i still have yet to try 5-meo-dmt, still scares completely shitless to even think of finding it... dmt is insane enough)
They blend almost seamlessly tho 5 meo lingers longer. The dmt is just there to add color the 5 is dominant

The right dose depends on how much prep you had leading up to experience IMO. Like are you going to meditate intensely beforehand, or do you want something (for lack of a better term) more casual? I had the full 15-20 mg my first time. It was very challenging and kind of negative but healing long-term. It was what I needed, and I didn't freak out or need to call for help. It feels a lot like DMT if you've had experience with it. Just quiet. Very quiet. Also, I haven't personally experienced painful body-load so it varies from person to person (but apparently can be pretty bad). Lower doses aren't as bad for me as some people describe them. To me, if I meditate through the experience, it feels very quiet and borderline peaceful.

TLDR: if you are doing it for the experience, go the whole distance, but take it seriously. IMO

I finally tried it during holiday break one month ago, then repeated the experience a week later. Both times it was a 5 hour session of 3 times 15-25mg insufflated. I felt fantastic both during the trip and for the following weeks - no screaming or puking, generally little to no bodyload. I haven't reached a full breakthrough and nondualism though, but this substance is the shit like no other.

In terms of the trip itself - fairly non visual, there is subtle melting and tracing, but it's so perfectly fast you almost feel like observing quantum fields, no strong hallucinations though. Everything is brighter, gleaming white and gold filter on reality. Headspace is the name of the game. You don't listen to the music - you are the music and it flows through your body like current. Strong ego dissolution and ego death, though it felt like blinking in and out, I was able to distinguish myself and the world, but only partially. Then there is full body orgasm, which completes the package - every inch of your body feels love and caring. I haven't experience OOBE or floating but gravity was a bitch - impossible to stay vertical during peak, just lay in bed and relax or you can get hurt.

And for the most important part - the afterglow. First week was like dancing on ungodly amounts of sertraline (but miles better). I felt changed: full of empathy, self criticism, emotions, humility. Smiling and being honest at the same time. Nothing else changed in my life during that period. Tbh last years and months had been pretty harsh, so I could tell the substance doing some magicks there. After three weeks it has faded a little, I see bad habits returning, and the ego reestablishing itself in ways I sometimes don't want (funny example is how I reduced how much I swear, drastically, but lately I feel more nervous and short fused). What can I say, it's time to take 5meo again, this weekend or next. I'm still scared of its power, but the healing effect is sop insane, this substance being illegal is a crime itself.

Pretty big difference in color in my latest 5 purchase, its like fluffy white all the other times its been tan brown. Tastes the same, seems equally potent from the mini test i did.
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-xfxl8RhlctbXgW.jpg