Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh...

The 5-MeO-DALT was seen around these parts earlier last year (november?). What is interesting to note is that it was crystalline sparkly white. The effects were as noted here - short tryp-like buzz with nothing else apparent.

Upon checking recently it was found this same stuff is still sparkly shiny white, absolutely no discoloration. It was stored in a cool dark place, too.

This drug is really a non-event - I went into it expecting something interesting (now trialed at 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, and 25mg)-

Honestly its not really doing anything to me-

I seem to be naturally tolerant to 5-MeO's I guess - I require a high dosage for 5-meO-MiPT, -DMT, -DiPT (apparently at least, I've only tried it in an ecstasy pill a long time ago and it was weak), and now 5-meO-DALT-

I guess I'll try again at 35mg, but its really not too appealing given that it does barely anything - maybe a short tingling tryp buzz, but nothing slightly interesting-

^ For god's sake, don't bother finding out if you have a naturally high tolerance to 5-methoxy AMT - it's a horrible drug, not worth the bother!

I long since wrote that one off-

I am going to try a higher dose 5-meO-MiPT dose - I tried last time 18mg and it was slightly euphoric and sort of trippy - I am going to try 25mg next time-

I'll probably just shelf 5-meO-DALT for now, its not really worth the effort-

Sure it is, I hear that 20 and below it's pretty unapparent but in higher doses can be enjoyed in its mildness.

Will give 40mg a shot sometime...

Wow S_S, you took 18mg of 5-MeO-MiPT without much effect? Craziness! 8o

I have yet to take more than 10mg. I love the stuff though... maybe next time I'll try 16-18 or so.

^ There were some tryptamine rushes and euphoria that is specific to that chem, but there was no intense body effects - which I would have expected from what people told me about it - oh well - I am sort of writing off the 5-meo's as not worth my time (besides 5-meO-DMT of course ;))-

I prefer the simpler tryptamines, DMT, DPT, DET (SOMEDAY MAYBE I KNOW I'll LIKE IT!)-

For pure psychedelia I prefer the "simpler" tryptamines as well... and the 4-hydroxy analogues.

40mg IB came on strong - so strong I was unsure if I was going to be ok. Very intense nothingness.

Via this route onset is within 5 minutes, expressed as an energy, somewhat dizziness. And, profuse sweating. It is like this compound is intensely subtle - the headspace certainly feels altered, but no signs of typical mental/visual manifestations.

ok I figured just checking though ;)

someone else (ximot maybe) reported this light headed feeling with the speed of onset from intrabum -

I haven't taken 5-meo-DALT rectally yet but perhps I will next time (if ever) I take it-

I have a gram of 5-MeO-DALT staring me in the face just waiting for me to take it, so when I finally do, I'll post some reports. (It's also a crystalline white, it literally shines in the light.)

After reading many, many reports about it, I have some thoughts.

I haven't confirmed it yet, so this is all conjecture, but I'm of the impression that people just flat out aren't taking enough of it. Sasha used it in the low range, but I feel that this substance won't really shine til people take more than 60mgs of it. (Imagine taking 30mg of MDMA, you would think the substance sucks.) It seems like it would really shine in MDMA-esque doses. Like 70-120mgs.

Again, this is all conjecture, and in the next few months, I will try to confirm my assumptions, but I have to start out at 20mgs and work up, so it might be awhile before I can say with certainty whether I was right or not. (Plus, I need to take the obligatory 5mg dose to make sure my body won't react negatively to it.)

I will post back after a few trials, but I have high hopes for this substance. :) (Especially after reading that report on Erowid about the 250mg dose.)

EDIT: I'm talking oral doses here. (After many RC uses, I've come to the conclusion that anything other than eating them is a bad idea, MY body doesn't like other means of ingestion, could just be me getting older, but I'm eating whatever RC I take from now on.)

Last edited:
well, the 5mg dose and the 20mg dose can be taken within hours of each other, due to taxaphylaxis (mispelled that one damnit!) - the smaller dose will not affect tolerance to the larger dose -

still, if you're used to tripping balls, be prepared to not notice ANYTHING from the 20mg dose -

I'll be curious what your 60+ trials give back, unfortunately I do not have enough to try that high (I have a chance to try a 20mg rectal dose and a 40mg rectal dose and thats it)-

peace and be careful - it is a 5-meo after all-

Yes, 5-meo's should be taken with caution. It felt like at 40mg perhaps my siezure threshhold was lower. I'd get rushes of dizzying energy in my head, similar to mild xanax WD. If this is the case, a subtle negative effect might be missed at lower doses, yet be less than subtle, perhaps bordering uncomfortability in higher doses.

here's a journal entry I just added, but I thought I would put it here too for completeness sake.

I tripped again tonight and boy oh boy was I glad I decided too :D

I smoked a bit of weed to chill out then spotted some 5-meo-DALT that magically landed in my lap. I decided to sprinkle a bit on top of the mj ashes (probably about 20mg). I sparked up and the 5-meo-DALT looked really cool as it started to vaporize...its pure white stuff and when I applied heat, it turned crystal clear for a second, puddling up, and then dissolved and as I inhaled the pipe went straight into my lungs.

I blew out the first hit, tasting that funny plastic tryptamine taste on my lips. Not as bad as some others, I think because this stuff is so pure. My head got lightheaded and i felt trippy. I danced around a little to some music (evan marc I think) and then sat back down. Hmm, that was it I thought? What a lightweight!

I decided to hit it a couple times harder and deeper. I hit ONCE and blew out a CLOUD of vapor. Oh boy! That did it! I started to get visuals (I thought 5-meo-DALT didn't give people visuals!) and my body started rushing. I babbled something semi-incoherent to the friend I was chatting to and ran over to my bed under the covers. It was getting stronger and stronger. Like that 5-meo-DMT rush. Intense.

My eyes closed involuntarily and nystagmus hit me HARD like 200+ milligrams of MDMA except HARDER. I've never experienced anything so pleasurable as my eyes darted back and forth and my muscles contracted and released spasmodically. Pleasure. Eye orgasm. Body trip. Mmmm tryptamine love <3

ps I think I didn't smoke all of it (there's still some left). I probably took in 15mg of it total (just a guesstimate). Start low with this one though because it definitely had the intense flavor of 5-meo-DMT.

Last edited by a moderator:
that last hit just made my teeth tingle i never felt anything like that!! :D

Hmmm... Interesting. Would you say that smoking it was a much better ROA than anything else you've tried (oral and rectal if I remember right)?

Did you freebase it first before you smoked it, or was it still a salt? Oh and how long did it last this way? Was a short rush or did it still stay 3-4 hours?

Haha, sorry for all the questions, it's just this sounds promising. I'm glad some people are still experimenting with this compound. Hadn't heard anything about it for a while.

Did you freebase it first before you smoked it, or was it still a salt? Oh and how long did it last this way? Was a short rush or did it still stay 3-4 hours?
I would also like to know if you freebased it first, or if it was a salt, and if so which. That would be helpful.

I left it as a salt. It vaporized PERFECTLY that way (must have a low MP as a salt or something). It was ideal in that form.

The rush with intense visuals and intense body spasms/orgasms lasted very short, probably shorter than a DMT flash even, maybe 3-4 minutes. Then I felt trippy for about 20 minutes...then baseline (almost totally), with just a happy glow/awe from the memory of the trip. Very short, the shortest-acting tryptamine I've tried so far.

This blew the other ROAs out of the water. Basically I got no effects from the other routes, even oral at 50mg. Pretty much nothing, maybe a slightly trippy feel and a nice gentle body buzz.

Smoking it is very intense. I am planning on getting 25mg in as quick as possible next experiment...I felt like I could possibly 'break through' (like on 5-meo-DMT and DMT) if I had only smoked a little more material.

I'll report back when I try this large dose! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.