View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only tried this vaporized, and everyone who says it sucks has been trying it orally. This is a good alternative to nitrous oxide for a social/party setting, IMO. It quickly becomes the drug of choice for those who enjoy its vaped effects, but gets old after a few weeks of excessive use.

I want this soon. Think it'll play nice with MXE?

It is very intense with MXE. I don't recommend it. I smoked around 30 mg. of 5-meo-dalt after taking only 5 mg. of MXE and I can see how people might lose it if the MXE dose was higher. The peak effects from smoking lingered much longer than usual, and there was a dark character to the experience in the background. I don't want to experiment with this combo any further, but I'm sure there are people who might really enjoy it.

@SONN With regards to vaping it, this really didn't work for me. It tasted foul and kicked in so fast I hadn't got the pipe away from my mouth. If you can imagine the rapid come up from oral dosing condensed into 15 seconds then the effects only lasting for another minute you have it.

That's how this is SUPPOSED to work! It's like nitrous/crack... you just keep taking small hits for the incredible rush over and over and passing it around with people.

I want this soon. Think it'll play nice with MXE?

No. This substance smacks your brain retarded. Its so hard to talk let alone stand up. Its also pretty confusing mentally for a good minute when it does smack you and it gradually gets more intense. I wouldnt do it. Seems like a super bad idea.

Isn't MXE and stimulants contraindicated ??? 5-meo-DALT absolutely seems like something that increases your heart rate, from what other posters have said, and MXE is known for causing problems when mixed with stimulants.

I know 5-meo-DALT is a psychedelic and not a "stimulant" like amphetamine, but when mixing two new RC's, BE CAREFUL.

That's how this is SUPPOSED to work! It's like nitrous/crack... you just keep taking small hits for the incredible rush over and over and passing it around with people.

What kinda doses would you recommend vaping for a good rush? I just smoked ~15mg and got a bit of a rush but it tasted terrible.

Last edited:
25-30 mg. should give you good effects. Learning how to vape it properly takes a little practice.

Nice one, thanks buddy. I'm pretty new to vaping but I think I'm getting the hang of it, gonna have another DALT trial next week I reckon.

Nice one, thanks buddy. I'm pretty new to vaping but I think I'm getting the hang of it, gonna have another DALT trial next week I reckon.

I recommend using an oil burner to smoke the material more than anything. I've used a hand held vapor machine that worked okay for the hcl form, but not for the freebase form. Still I think the hcl form would have lasted longer had I just used an oil burner.

I've found 25-40mg orally to be rather pleasant, gives me the raging horn though so I'd like to introduce the missus to it, is this safe to take if you are taking Fluoxetine (Prozac) ?

Generally it's relatively safe to combine prozac with a drug like MDMA but with 5-MeO-DALT there can be unforeseen interaction of (side)effects and you can expect effects to be blunted. Do NOT take more of the compound to compensate for getting less effect from it, you - or she - could get anxious, stressed or agressive. Also effects on blood pressure and other cardiovascular functions are basically unknown. So chances are the drug will not work well, but you run the risk of getting potentially dangerous situations. Life-threatening contraindication is not suggested but considering the short history of human use of 5-MeO-DALT you might wanna not find out.
Also discontinuation of anti-depressants is never recommended. People take these drugs for a reason. Just postpone messing with the same neurochemical systems they work on until you can taper and stop with the medication.

If you must suggest her trying this, test with a much lower dose and slowly build that dose up. Not the same day or night but at multiple occasions. You do not want to find out she reacts badly to this on a moderate to full dose, do you?
Be patient, it's not worth it wanting to get her to the same level you are on just because of aphrodisiac effects. I'd convince her to stick to other things she is accustomed to that work okay with prozac, be that cannabis or something else. And perhaps on other occasions unrelated to this check if something strange happens when she does 5-MeO-DALT.
All this ^ is if you really must. But better is to not.

Generally it's relatively safe to combine prozac with a drug like MDMA but with 5-MeO-DALT there can be unforeseen interaction of (side)effects and you can expect effects to be blunted. Do NOT take more of the compound to compensate for getting less effect from it, you - or she - could get anxious, stressed or agressive. Also effects on blood pressure and other cardiovascular functions are basically unknown. So chances are the drug will not work well, but you run the risk of getting potentially dangerous situations. Life-threatening contraindication is not suggested but considering the short history of human use of 5-MeO-DALT you might wanna not find out.
Also discontinuation of anti-depressants is never recommended. People take these drugs for a reason. Just postpone messing with the same neurochemical systems they work on until you can taper and stop with the medication.

If you must suggest her trying this, test with a much lower dose and slowly build that dose up. Not the same day or night but at multiple occasions. You do not want to find out she reacts badly to this on a moderate to full dose, do you?
Be patient, it's not worth it wanting to get her to the same level you are on just because of aphrodisiac effects. I'd convince her to stick to other things she is accustomed to that work okay with prozac, be that cannabis or something else. And perhaps on other occasions unrelated to this check if something strange happens when she does 5-MeO-DALT.
All this ^ is if you really must. But better is to not.

That's great information, thanks a lot. We'll just steer clear of this completely for now, it's not worth the risk of a bad interaction when there's safer things to do :)

Well ove the last few days I've been experimenting with various doses. Low oral doses are very uninteresting. like a more edgy mdma. Higher doses I find relaxing and mildly visual, can be very nice. As someone mentioned on here I think things seem to be stretched and warped. Vaping is VERY intence. Did two hits last night and was very enjoyable, kind of like psychedelic crack. beware heart rate shot through the roof, not something you would want to be doing on the regular.

you smoke it for short rush that's really intense and elevates your heart rate and is also psychedelic.

It hits you incredibly quick with psychedelia for a short while then subsides, i thought it was pretty self explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.