• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

I notice that its slowly creeping back onto vendors menu`s.

A few months ago there was only 2 places I knew of selling it in the uk now its 6 or 7.

The more it stays in the background the less chance of being made illegal but it`s good to know it`s still available.

I notice that its slowly creeping back onto vendors menu`s.

A few months ago there was only 2 places I knew of selling it in the uk now its 6 or 7.

The more it stays in the background the less chance of being made illegal but it`s good to know it`s still available.

Now under the uk temporary ban so is now uk illegal to sell or import.

Possession not illegal yet but police can confiscate and destroy if found on your possession.

I have also gone through all the posts regarding the compound 5-IT. As I made quite positive experiences in dosages around 100 mg, I was wondering if there is also the N-methylated version available? It would be interesting to research on such an analogue of MDMA! Anyone knows?

what amount would be a good startin' dosage for me if my normal mdma dosage is 230mg-290mg?

The ANSM (French FDA) recently published this report on 5-IT. In the end they voted and decided almost unanimously to proceed with future scheduling. The same was done earlier this year with MXE. This is a new procedure, and it looks ridiculously long compared to other countries, so I can't say anything more.

Anyone mix 5-IT with MDMA?

I mixed 100mg 5 it with 5 and 7mg of 5 meo mipt which was incredible but I`m not sure how safe it was.

2 seperate occasions 2 seperate doses of moxy.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dta.1530/abstract
5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole (5-IT): a psychoactive substance used for recreational purposes is a selective MAO-A inhibitor, more potent than moclobemide.

I just read this entire thread and when it got to the deaths, the first thing I thought was that it had MAO-A inhibition like aMT.

As someone who got a rather rude awakening and a destroyed trip from half a cup of hot chocolate while not thinking on 70mg of aMT, and someone who has been to the hospital with a hypertensive crisis (190/98 BP, 205 pulse) from too much 5-MeO-AMT (which ironically I used to call 5-IT because locally aMT was known as IT (eye tea referring to the visuals it gave some of us)), I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole. MAO inhibition is no joke!

I just read this entire thread and when it got to the deaths, the first thing I thought was that it had MAO-A inhibition like aMT.

As someone who got a rather rude awakening and a destroyed trip from half a cup of hot chocolate while not thinking on 70mg of aMT, and someone who has been to the hospital with a hypertensive crisis (190/98 BP, 205 pulse) from too much 5-MeO-AMT (which ironically I used to call 5-IT because locally aMT was known as IT (eye tea referring to the visuals it gave some of us)), I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole. MAO inhibition is no joke!
I'm aware this post is kinda old but what happened when you drank the hot chocolate? I didn't think aMT was a strong enough inhibitor to require food restrictions and 70mgs isn't too far from my average dose so your post kinda shocked me. Was it just a sharp increase in HR and BP or did you actually feel like you were in danger? Either way I'll be watching my diet more carefully while on it.

Are people still using this? I thought many said that it is not the AP(D)B like stuff vendors portray it to be considering the structural similarity but that it was poor at best and dangerous at worst?
Novelty is one thing but attempting far-fetched combo's seems like wanting it to be something it isn't, and as such hardly worth the risks.. but this phenomenon and these arguments are causing so much deja vu that I think my head is due to explode. ;)

Be careful, don't do something unwarranted and post trip reports on what you do attempt!

I'm aware this post is kinda old but what happened when you drank the hot chocolate? I didn't think aMT was a strong enough inhibitor to require food restrictions and 70mgs isn't too far from my average dose so your post kinda shocked me. Was it just a sharp increase in HR and BP or did you actually feel like you were in danger? Either way I'll be watching my diet more carefully while on it.

Well aMT was found to be a reversible MAO inhibitor somewhere around the potency of harmaline at doses of 1.2mg/kg for harmaline and 1.5mg/kg for aMT. Considering that I was only around 130 pounds at the time, 88.5mg would be roughly as potent an inhibitor as 70.8mg of harmaline. So basically, 70mg of aMT isn't powerful enough to make DMT orally active at 70mg but considering that I was drinking premium cocoa and cocoa inhibits MAO-B, the combination could conceivably cause issues. About 30 minutes after I drank the hot cocoa, my pulse shot through the roof and my blood pressure, while not able to be taken at the time, was presumably quite high from the migraine that I got (I never have had a history of headaches, especially migraines) and I got dizzy upon standing, even saw spots a few times.

This was years ago so the experience isn't entirely clear in my mind anymore. I'm not suggesting that its something to worry about in general practice - I was pretty well known back then for how strong I made coffee and cocoa. I had a huge caffeine habit back then and had a hard time avoiding caffeine. I was really careful when I did the 70mg dose though and even pretty much fasted that day and since this happened around 6 hours past the come up period, it was highly unusual as I never really had any problems with aMT and bodyload once the first 3 hours was over with.

That said, it could all have been in my head. Its all too easy to convince yourself that something is wrong when you're tripping as I'm sure you know. Its better to be safe than sorry though and I know that whatever it was, it ended up bringing a terrible ending to one of the nicest and lowest bodyload experiences I ever had with aMT - I didn't even get nauseous when I was coming up. That batch of aMT was old school hydrochloride and it was fantastic stuff! I was rather upset that my one experience with hydrochloride ended up ruined. :(

Its hard to say without taking my blood pressure but I certainly felt quite poisoned and spent the next 24 hours pretty much stuck in bed. I also should note that I had a fever of 99.8 when I took my temperature so *something* was going on.

Wow that doesn't sound like a good time. At least you didn't go through hypertensive crisis. Do you think maybe the caffeine may have been the culprit? I mean I think I read a post from sepher and IIRC he was eating cheeses, wines, breads and all kinds of shit your not supposed to take on an MAO inhibitor and was fine. Who knows maybe the cocoa/caffeine combo is just a no-no on aMT.

That it's a competitive inhibitor is not surprising at all, and considering that a typical dose of moclobemide is 300-600mg, I'm not at all surprised that it is more potent. IIRC aMT is more potent than moclobemide too.

any new reports on this?

have yet to try it... what should i expect from 100mg?

Being an MDxx analogue, this is being moved from PD to MED. Bit overdue but clearly the substance is kind of forgotten.

transform said:
That it's a competitive inhibitor is not surprising at all, and considering that a typical dose of moclobemide is 300-600mg, I'm not at all surprised that it is more potent. IIRC aMT is more potent than moclobemide too.

A series of studies indicates that aMT is probably about as effective an MAOI as harmaline (at equimolar concentrations) (the wikipedia entry is getting pretty good: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-Methyltryptamine#MAOI_activity). One problem, though, is that a lot of these studies are very old, and pose methodological problems in their measurements of in vivo MAO inhibition. Luckily, people tend not to take aMT in the same amounts one would harmaline (the latter being active at ~150 mg). Or rather, those that have have had an awful time.

ebola

so, is 5IT in the same league as aMT in regards to MAO activity? since this oen seems to be a chemical some have taken in upwards of 150mg?