• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread

anyone can recommend me any mg scales? I dont want to get some overpriced no-name brand shit that will measure inaccurately and lead to my death

I find that all SERT releasers excluding MDA make me really sedated, aMT seems to be the worst. I sometimes fall asleep during the peak watching the CEV's.

I'd like to share my experience with 5-APB for others seeking information. About a week ago I went through a gram of 5-APB purchased from a "reputable" vendor over a period of 4 days (3 separate rolls...yes this is extremely irresponsible). My ROA was insufflation as I hoped to reduce the length of the experience and to be able titrate doses easily. Being that it was a new compound, I titrated my doses over several hours which proved to be difficult with a serotonin releaser like 5-APB because redosing isn't very effective. The compound did provide euphoria at times but I don't think I reached the sweet spot in my 3 tests although I have a good idea of a good beginning dose for insufflation. Around 110-120mg should be a good range so that redosing is unnecessary. I found that redosing extended the experience and made me feel physically uncomfortable and "sketchy/paranoid" feeling in the head. That only happened the first time when I titrated really small doses over a long period of time. I was quite surprised at the large doses I needed to insufflate for somewhat mediocre effects. The experiences seemed to last around 7-10 hours depending on doses and redoses (a long time!). 5-APB seems to have a lot of potential but in my experiences, it seems to lack proper euphoria, although I did have feelings of empathy at times and I also had moments of a sedated body high, even almost falling asleep at one point. I would like to try this again after a break for my serotonin supply so I can experience it's full potential as well as trying out oral dosing!

I'd like to note that I have experienced very few side effects from binging such a large amount of 5-APB. I obviously was a little tired and unfocused for a couple days but I did not experience any unnatural depression. I have experienced a few periods of brain zaps as we all call it, that began about 5 days after the doses, but it has been very minimal and I can function at almost 100% brain capacity. This seems to have a similar profile of side effects as MDMA, but I would also recommend to use 5-APB with extreme caution because an unexperienced user may not be able to deal with uncomfortable side effects as well as I have. I have anxiety but I have learned to defeat it for the most part over the last few years, so I can handle post 5-APB/MDMA side effects fairly well and be comfortable.

Last edited:
I'd also like to add that 5-APB definitely showed signs of psychedelia towards the last couple hours of the "roll" although it wasn't mentally psychedelic. The main aspect of this effect was that in the visual field, things were moving/morphing very slowly; nothing extreme at all. Also, I did experience a lot of jaw clenching and my teeth were sore to the point that it was painful to chew food for a couple days but it was well worth it! haha

I really want to research 6-APB and especially 5-MAPB as well but it seems unappealing to test a new compound when it was so difficult finding the right dose for 5-APB. I guess its good being better safe than sorry and overdosing a new compound.

Tried this for the first time last night, lovely stuff but strange to say the least. I rolled pretty darn hard but at the same time I was quite sedated, very odd. I don't find pure mdma to be very stimulating but it has never actually made me tired. This stuff actually had me nodding off.

Tried this for the first time last night, lovely stuff but strange to say the least. I rolled pretty darn hard but at the same time I was quite sedated, very odd. I don't find pure mdma to be very stimulating but it has never actually made me tired. This stuff actually had me nodding off.

My experiences were similar, this has alway been more of a "stay at home and cuddle and bond with the GF" type of drug for me, it's not stimulating enough in it's own right for parties unless combo'd. I fucking love 5-apb and found it on par with MDMA but for different reasons and settings, has a very heavy serotonergic warmth that 6-apb lacked, very euphoric for me but lot's of people claim this one lacked in that department for them, lucky me I guess :D. My gram lasted like 3-4 weeks while I still have about 800mgs of 6-apb from a couple months ago, I will admit that this is partly due to my depleted receptors but all in all I found it the inferior of the two.

More responsible than I was with it and I ran into little problems, in fact the comedown was less harsh than MD so the once a month rule should be good however nobody can give you a straight answer with there being little research into the long-term effects of thess new MDA analogs, I can say though that I've noticed no adverse effects from my reckless abuse of that gram I bought...

I have been considering buying some 5-apb, but the only vendor I buy anything from said he has some left, but will no restock this compound. I asked him why and he just answered he will replace it for 5-mapb and 5-eapb (the guy doesnt talk too much beyond business, its like talking to a robot).
This made me wonder...
I doubt this dutch vendor would have ever offered anything of low quality, so why would he do that, if its still legal in holland?
Not profitable?
Not safe?

What it is more strange is that it is being substituted by those 2, and everyone seemed to dislike 5-eapb.

That's because this and 6-apb are now scheduled in quite a few places and the eapb's and mapb's are the legal replacements, has nothing to do with it's effects. If I were you I would make that purchase before you miss out on some good material.

the shit make you throw up?

Yes... and I'm not sure how others felt sedated, because I was jittery and puky for a good hour or more (on that specific occasion.. on others, using 6or 5 apb from different vendors i was not). But who knows? The labels could be wrong. Or idiosyncratic factors could account for the varying subjective ranges...

Last edited:
I think anyone who isn't giving at least a month break between doses of these sorts of drugs is doing themselves a lot of harm and making a huge mistake, [/URL]

probably true... these chems can deliver beautiful experiences, but they are at your own serotonergic cost... there is no "add" here, just a leeching from your own brain cells. I'm sure rats would choose this shit ten out of tens times.

^ Yeah, reports on this one seem to run on both sides of the spectrum, actually this applies to all the MDA analogs really. What I can say is that I have yet to experience even a hint of nausea and this substance was indeed rather sedating and noddy. Over the years of forum exploration I've come to realize that I can read 100 reports on a chemical and still experience completely different effects than everyone else, drug experiences are so subjective person to person it's rather amusing, at times frustrating as well.

Over the years of forum exploration I've come to realize that I can read 100 reports on a chemical and still experience completely different effects than everyone else, drug experiences are so subjective person to person it's rather amusing, at times frustrating as well.

So true!

↑ very true... I dont find 5apb stimulating at all...stuff makes me wanna cuddle up n zone out all night unless I mix an upper w it. We made the mistake of droppin a huge dose at DEMF last year and didnt bring any adderal or anything...we sat on a staircase by the underground and watched a bad ass chick w a poi hoola hoop all night lol. (As me n my gf contemplated bribing her w drugs to come home with us lol)
But some ive givenn this chem to have been wired, some down, n some barely even feel a dose that would make me roll hard. its weird. Everyones different tho i suppose .

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if you can purify 5apb succinate? I feel like its weak, it does the job but id rather not have to ingest so much...
Im no chemistry student or anything but if it is possible to do id like to know, if anyone could help id appreciate it alot

Hey all i am new to thus series of substances and was wondering if it provides any therapeutic values like mdma or mda offers. I know that this is not supposed be as empathetic mdma. Is it a true enthenogen? Or is this "roll" more stimulant based euphoria? Appreciate any feedback. Peace

I`ll try this soon. Would 100mg be too much for a first time?
Stuff I have is white and I believe it is very pure.

Is it the HCl or the succinate? Also, what's your usual dose of MDMA. IME 90-100mgs of the HCl is a good starting dose, after allergy tests... if it's the succinate you might wanna go with 110-120mgs for a full experience.