• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread

5-APB weird after effect

3 days ago, i tried 5-APB for the first time. I've never done MDMA before. The next day i felt wasted, slightly depressed and pretty low appetite.

2nd day, i felt alot better. But still my appetite was a little lower than usaul

3rd day. Pretty much back to normale.

But, i just lost the urge to take drugs and the moment? I dont even feel like repeating the 5-APB experience again even though i thought it was pure heaven. Some days i feel like smoking a cigarette or two, but not even this. I've just received 500mg more of MXE, but its just lying on the shelf.

Is it common just to want to be yourself and not being intoxicated?

Imo research chems can b dodgy sumtimes so I wud stay away. At least mdma has been researched for a long time nw so u knw the risks. And the fact u want to enjoy urself without drugs is a good thing :-D

^Indeed.

I'm going to move this over to PD for you OP as I think they are better equipped to deal with recovery from intense empathogenics.

OD >>> PD

I hope so

Think what i wrote was a little misleading anyways i got some examples here for better understanding.

A friend called early yesterday and asked if i wanted to go a small private party today, i joined the party but i really just didn't want to drink while the others got drunk i pretty much just sat there being sober talking a bit to people and a friend of mine came and asked if everything was okay and why i didn't want to drink today and i just said "Well, i really just dont feel like it"

Later that evening a little spliff were smoked outside, but again, i said no thanks. When we came home my girlfriend asked if i wanted to go for a cigarette before bed - i joined her but didn't smoke.

I just feel kinda "disgusted" to other intoxicants at the moment? Including 5-APB, even though as i said, it was pure heaven but absolutly no desire to take it again

I have no problem with being sober, i often dont use drugs or alcohol more than 1 month apart. But it just seems like all intoxicants lost its magic?

Take this opportunity as a chance to clear your head and get any drug tolerances down, it's likely this period of 're-thinking' wont last long, you've just had a satisfying drug experience - something that's fairly rare (I think I've only encountered it twice).

I actually think you are right, the whole experience was very satisfying, and 5-APB was the drug i've been looking for. Then finally getting to try a drug that felt suited for exackly my needs was a really satisfying experience.

Never thought of it that way.

Is the only "harder" drug i've tried besides MXE. So well, it was a very new and different experience.

Last edited:
you'll be thankful that you've taken the time off when your next 5-apb experience is as magical as your first :)

im interested to hear more about 5-apb, iv tried 6-apb before but is there any big difference between them? i didnt really enjoy the 6-apb but i was taking it while really fucked on phenazepam and not sure what else because i suffered amnesia for a few weeks. was the worst drug experience of my life, the phenazepam had really fucked me and im not sure y but i kept taking more drugs (not sure what but definatly took a few grams of 6-apb over the whole time.) the only thing i really remember was the most intense halluciniations... it took me a long time to get over that shit. ever since that i would only ever take mdma, ketamine and coke. on special occasions. even then i still dont enjoy it as much

Well i've only tried 5-APB but i can write my trip report, just have to translate it in english then.

Here we go:

During the day i tried 2 allergic tests, 1 with 1mg second one with 10mg.

Just after dinner i swallowed 60-70mg 5-APB in a gelcap with 1 glass of orange juice and 1 multivitamin pill.

T.1:30, can feel a little bit, decides to take 30mg more in rectal

T: 2, still cant feel that much, so i decide to take 20mg more in a glass of water. I had a party coming up and a friend was going to pick me up, so i brought the bag with me in case it didn't come up.

T: 2:15 My friend picks me up, after 5 min in the car i can clearly feel a comeup, feelings of warmth in face and body and talking goes easy.

T: 2:30 We arrive at the party, not many people has arrived yet, its just me, my good friend and his girlfriend. We just sit and talk outside looking over the sea and drinking a beer. I notice that the beer taste very sweet and delicious, and i think to my self that this is going to be awesome.

T: 3 We decide to go for a little boattrip on the sea, so we pack a few more beers and went sailing. Boy, it was heaven the sun was setting, the skyes were pink, the reflection in the water had all possible thinking colours. Im thinking about bathing at this point, but didn't bring any extra underwear or swim trousers.

T: 3:15, my friend and his girlfriend doesn't know im high, but then she looks weird at me, then looks deeply into my eyes. I try to look away, and then she asks. Why do you have these enourmes pupils?
I got scared, and though, shit, fuck, they know im on something. but i quickly just reply "I dont know"

T:3:30 We decide to sail back in, i went to the toilet, looking at my pupils, and damn they were absolutly huge

T: 3:40 i go back outside where the others are sitting, more people have arrived at this point, and it seems like my pupils are forgotton. My friend´s girlfriend still sometimes looks at me and looks kinda worried and i kinda feel like i want to tell them, but i dont know how they would react if i told them i've taking a MDMA-like-substance.

T: 4 We began playing some cards, i talk like a waterfall, laughing, smiling, having the time of my life. The new people who arrives feels good to hug. Like the feeling stays for some seconds after.

T:5:30 My girlfriend arrives and its getting dark, so i feel more safe now with my big dilated pupils. I kiss her and it feels very nice. I take a cigarette and smoke while drinking a beer.

T:7 We decide to take home, we get a ride home from my friend who hasn't been drinking, on the way home the police pulls us over and asks "Who's car is this?" and my friend replies "My parents" The police then says, alright, safe drive.

T: 7:30 we get home, i turn on the television and my girlfriend is lying in the bed with me. She asks why my heart is beating so fast and i just say its because i've been drinking - lying to her feels stupid and im sure she wouldn't be mad or worried if i said i've taking it. But i just felt it was best to avoid it.

T: 9: Yawning like shit, decide to try fall asleep, but kinda impossible i look at the time "04:02" damn..

T:10 Looking at the clock again "05:07" God damnit! But it must have been mere i fell asleep.

To hide that you have taken drugs was stupid, i should have come clear and just told them. I regret it now and i will do it next time. I will also tell my girlfriend, she was a little worried about my heartbeat.

In all: Very high euphoria, stimulating but without being overstimulated and unable to sit still - more like a mental stimulation, loss of fatigue. Absolutly the drug i've been looking for.

Is it about the same as MDMA? 1 month minimum 3 months recommended?

You could probably get away with taking it much sooner than 3 months, probably in the order of 2 weeks, but I would just suggest that instead you take it when you feel it the right time to explore 5-apb again. I would definitely give it at least 2 weeks though. I mean, tolerance will probably go back down in a little over a week, but you don't want to make a compulsive habit out of dosing 5-apb.

that sounds like a nice trip man, it wud be nice even without the drugs too i think lol , boat, sunset, few beers etc :)

that sounds like a nice trip man, it wud be nice even without the drugs too i think lol , boat, sunset, few beers etc :)

Perfect setting indeed, when we came home the others had startet a fire and we sat around drinking a little glas of champagne and just chilled and had a great time. The was also absolutly no wind, so the sea was so quiet and calm. It was just perfect. Heaven on earth.

sounds like a pretty nice empathogen/entactogen experience you had there :) and the after effects you mention also sound pretty run-of-the-mill for a solid dose of an empathogen. The lack of desire to take other substances isn't terribly uncommon either. I certainly noticed a drop off in my desire to drink & smoke cannabis after i got back into psychedelics/empathogens a few years ago.