Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-PropO-DiPT Thread

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
4-propionyl-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine

Can someone tell me some more about this stuff before I go ingesting some of this? I couldn't find any info whatsoever on this compound. Any comments are welcome.

Like 4-AcO-DiPT but with an extra carbon; I recall musing over these compounds in PD a very long time ago. My guess is (if not intrinsically active) it will undergo hydrolysis to 4-HO-DiPT and will be active in the 10-30mg range. The larger the group the longer it usually will take for hydrolysis, so this could be a little longer lived than 4-AcO-DiPT, but we'll see upon assays.

Last edited:
its not possible that the compound as it is could cross the BBB and therefore have different activity?

It might, esters are non-polar enough to make their way through the BBB in reasonable amounts, but I am more curious as to whether that would interfere with 5HT2 binding or not. In fact the propionyl analogue probably has greater lipophilicity than the acetyl. The further up you go with the size of the carbon chain of esters, the greater the LogD and theoretical BBB permeation, however you also run the risk of the compound being too large to effectively fit into the 5HT2 receptor, as well as the compound being unable to be metabolized into the indolol. That would make for a drug that got into the brain very well, but did shit all once it got there.

4-AcO-DiPT was a weird one for me in that it took me damned near forever after taking it to sleep, despite the fact that I wasn't very much intoxicated, indicating to me that the 4-AcO group may have prolonged the action of the parent compound (either through metabolism or avoiding clearance or both).

Last edited:
or perhaps do something different maybe release something in the brain? I'm pretty chemistry-naive but is it possible this has a different action completely than the 4-substituted-Ts we've all experimented with?

The only thing different, in my guess, is the affinity at which it binds 5HT receptors. I doubt the longer carbon chain would cause it to release anything (like neurotransmitters) as that usually requires affinity for transporters and a greater ability for depolarization.

I see thanks. Does a change in affinity necessarily correlate with a change in downstream effects or could you have two molecules that have a difference in affinity to the receptor but do exactly the same thing to the downstream neurons? (sorry for the million questions).

Yes, if for instance if (hypothetically) it were to have great affinity for 5HT1A and less for 5HT2A/C, you might end up with something more anxiolytic than psychedelic (psilocin, DPT, and other tryptamines have mild to strong affinities for both). 5-MeO-DiPT has a higher affinity for 5HT1A than for 5HT2A/C (however, much of the hallucinogenic and behaviour disrupting effects of 5-MeO-DiPT lie with 5HT2A/C).

It could also somehow bind in an unforeseen way as a small molecule agonist to a protein binding receptor or some other neurotransmitter system, but I would consider this unlikely or unsubstantial as 4-AcO-DiPT does not create very dramatically different effects as compared to 4-HO-DiPT (it didn't turn 4-HO-DiPT into a PCP- or heroin-like drug). I would suspect this drug to be very much like 4-AcO-DiPT or 4-HO-DiPT, but it could surprise us yet.

should get into the brain faster, but unless it does have intrinsic activity (and it may not) it's just a pro-drug.

tests showed that the propionyl ester of morphine was preferred to heroin in (rats, I think)

Yeah, it's kind of funny you never see the dipropionate ester of morphine anywhere. I guess the lower cost and greater availability of acetic anhydride keeps it from ever being produced.

I think I'll pass for now if it's anything like 4-HO-DIPT or 4-ACO-DIPT. I found those quite boring. If it ends up being completely different I might give it a try sometime.

Me too; I'll pass based on my past experience with 4-OH-DIPT, which was for me completely worthless.

When you said 'propionyl,' I was thinking Ar-C(O)-CH2CH3, not Ar-O-C(O)-CH2CH3, as in 'propionyl chloride' for Cl-C(O)-CH2CH3.

I've been waiting for a report of this ever since I saw it available. I didn't think it would be too much different, but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

I received one gram of this substance today.
What would be a save dose to start testing with?

You could certainly do an ultra-low dose just to confirm the safety (well, more to confirm the authenticity of the material). After that, I doubt it would be more potent than 4-OH-DiPT, which I found amazing (but super short acting) at 25-30mg, so that's probably where I'd begin after testing for idiosyncratic reactions.