The Big & Dandy 4-MeO-MiPT Thread

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
Joined
Aug 22, 2000
Messages
13,807
Location
Semi Retired
It has its very own entry in TIHKAL. You must have missed it. It was first described in a paper on MiPT analogues published in 1981 by Shulgin and someone whos name escapes me.

4-MeO-MiPT doesn't sound very interesting (from the reports in TIHKAL), however since it is the only 4-MeO-N,N-dialkyltryptamine described in detail...it is interesting to me. 4-MeO-DET is also known to be active, but there are no human reports.

Of course, 2C-D didn't sound very interesting from Shulgin's book either...but I found it a gem. Maybe this one is the missing link as well!
 

andruejaysin

Bluelighter
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
391
morninggloryseed said:
It has its very own entry in TIHKAL. You must have missed it. It was first described in a paper on MiPT analogues published in 1981 by Shulgin and someone whos name escapes me.

4-MeO-MiPT doesn't sound very interesting (from the reports in TIHKAL), however since it is the only 4-MeO-N,N-dialkyltryptamine described in detail...it is interesting to me. 4-MeO-DET is also known to be active, but there are no human reports.

Of course, 2C-D didn't sound very interesting from Shulgin's book either...but I found it a gem. Maybe this one is the missing link as well!
I looked in the long index instead of just looking for it's own entry, my bad. Seems like and interesting one to me.
 

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
Joined
Aug 22, 2000
Messages
13,807
Location
Semi Retired
Me too! But not from the described effects to much, as a unique substitution I've not tried (that being a N,N-Dialkyl-T with a 4-MeO.)
 
Last edited:

andruejaysin

Bluelighter
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
391
I guess it's mostly that it's sort of a cross between 4ho-mipt and 5meo-mipt that makes it seem so interesting to me. And the affects described in Tihkal wonder if the dose simply hasn't been taken high enough.
 

nuke

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
4,194
I'll probably be giving this one a try, eventually. The movement of a methoxy group around a ring has done some interesting things in the past.
 

hugo24

Bluelighter
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
867
Anyone venturing a guess if the methoxi group is being metabolized to Miprocin to some degree?

Edit: of course into Miprocin and not Psilocin.
 
Last edited:

nuke

Bluelighter
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
4,194
hugo24 said:
Anyone venturing a guess if the methoxi group is being metabolized to Miprocin to some degree?

Edit: of course into Miprocin and not Psilocin.
I would think not to a significant degree -- the methoxy group is a lot more difficult for the body to break down here than acetoxy or oxygen (as Shulgin has noted). I would wager most, if not all, of the effects are from the original compound rather than metabolites.

But I can't prove that. ;)
 

Delsyd

Bluelight Crew
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
9,193
Location
¸.♥´´¯`•.¸¸.ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
well, i take that back.

I read on another board of someone trying it and claiming it was entactogenic.
He didnt go into much detail but basically said that it reminded him of MDA and didnt feel much like a tryptamine.
 

djfriendly

Bluelighter
Joined
Feb 2, 2002
Messages
1,448
Delsyd said:
well, i take that back.

I read on another board of someone trying it and claiming it was entactogenic.
He didnt go into much detail but basically said that it reminded him of MDA and didnt feel much like a tryptamine.
I read the same post, but I take everything that individual says with a brick, not a grain, of salt.
 

fastandbulbous

Bluelight Crew
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
19,662
Location
that rainy little island off europe
nuke said:
I would think not to a significant degree -- the methoxy group is a lot more difficult for the body to break down here than acetoxy or oxygen (as Shulgin has noted). I would wager most, if not all, of the effects are from the original compound rather than metabolites.

But I can't prove that. ;)
Your kidneys would filter it so you pissed it out before an appreciable amount was demethylated to the 4-hydroxy compound
 

i are spectre

Bluelighter
Joined
Dec 23, 2000
Messages
1,201
Location
Frozen Wasteland
Has anyone ever tried this or heard anything about its effects?[/quote said:
No, but i am very curious. i love 4 position esters of tryptamines, but methyl groups on 5 i dont like too much, seem to have too much of a stimulated/too much cocaine buzz. very interested in what a 4 position methylated ester of a tryptamine is like. i do love hydroxide and acetone esters on that 4th position. yum yum!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

fryingsquirrel

Bluelighter
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
2,806
Probably will have something to report in a couple weeks. My first thought on hearing about this was that it would be similar to 4ho-mipt but perhaps more stable. Tihkal says otherwise. Based on the reports there it seems more like a less potent version of 5meo-mipt, but at higher doses, who knows? Dr. Shulgin wrote off some things prematurely, IMO. Could be the case here. Or not.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Delsyd

Bluelight Crew
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
9,193
Location
¸.♥´´¯`•.¸¸.ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
So what in particular looks so interesting about this chemical?
In tihkal not all that much is said about it, and what is said doesnt sound like something to go gaga over.
I heard it might be entactogenic but dont know how true that actually is.

the 4 ho/aco chems seem much more interesting.
Maybe if the community showed some interest in 4 ho met we'd see that pop up. That one sure does look good.
 
Top