• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - 2nd MiPteration

I have read about people claiming to have tripped for around 20 hours on this substance(!!!) the difference in effects and duration that I read online is mindblowing thats why I came here to ask, perhaps the dose and route of administration greatly affect the perceived effects... 🤔
I'm thinking about using somewhere between 20-30mg, do you think its ok for the first time? i'm somewhat experienced with psychedelics, starting now with rcs...

Twenty hours?!! I don't think I've read any reports like that. That's wild! For me this one is fast. I experience it to be shorter than mushrooms. I don't recall specifically how long it lasted, but I think it was around 3-5 hours as opposed to the 4-6 or so for mushrooms. It seems to lose its peak strength a lot sooner than mushrooms but then effect linger at a low level for a good while after the drop.

I tend to be very conservative in my starting dose recommendations because I've seen highly experienced trippers get overwhelmed on a first trip with a substance they were unfamiliar with. There was a guy I knew who took 12 mg 2C-E to as a first time dose by my advice, even though he requested a strong experience. For a typical tripper, 12 mg would be pretty moderate, while many hard-heads would not feel much from it at all. Well he got completely smashed and completely regretted starting that high. He later came to appreciate 2C-E at a "powerful but controllable" dose of 8 mg. After witnessing that, I recommend only 8 mg 2C-E to first timers, or 10 mg if highly experienced.

So with this in mind, I think 12 mg 4-HO-MiPT fumerate is probably a good first dose for a highly experienced tripper. It will probably be modest or even weak, but that might be better than being overwhelmed for 20 hours (?) if one turns out to be highly sensitive. For its cousin 4-Aco-MiPT, I'd suggest 14 mg as a good starting point for experienced trippers. That's what I did my first time, and even though it was somewhat modest in intensity, it was actually a beautiful trip, hinting at Shulgin (++++) in some ways. Also, 4-Aco-MiPT for me seems even faster than 4-HO-MiPT. On that trip, I experienced significant body energy and psychedelic tremor after only 5 minutes, and by 20 minutes, I was fully tripping. Sadly, considering the breathtaking beauty of the trip, it dropped rapidly after the first 90 minutes, and I felt mostly down already only two after after taking it.