View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
really??? Somebody told me 4-ho-DMT in hcl form was quite stabile (and the freebase form being rather unstabile).

4-HO's are really stable as HCl salts... I don't see the need to lose yet MORE potency... unless to line someone's pockets more fully, which seems to be the case given the expense of this chemical.

Even the hygroscopic batch of 4-AcO-MiPT was extremely stable... if difficult to work with.

4 ho mipt hcl stored in an amber glass vial in a dark place at room temperature lost about half its potency in 7-9 months (i cant remember, it was a while ago.)
4 ho mipt fumerate that has been stored in the same fashion since september of 2006 is still as potent as the day i got it.

S_s perhaps psilocin is stable as the HCL. Im not sure and dont know enough about chemistry to take a guess. I do however know that the psilocin commercially available right now is the fumerate salt.

The reason i have heard for this from the supplier aswell as other people on this and other forums is that the fumerate is more stable. And IME (at least with miprocin) this is true.

Oh and im not sure of this is true but i think i remember reading on here that 4-aco-tryptamines ten to be more stable than their 4-ho counterparts.

Have you actually tested that 4-HO-MiPT?

I had 250mg stored in a clear glass vial for over a year... it was in the freezer though. Anyway, it was just as potent as the day I put it in there.

EDIT: Yeah, I've heard that too.

It would make sense...

But the experience of AcO vs HO isn't linear for me. 4-AcO-MiPT is completely different from 4-HO-MiPT in my experience as well as 4-HO-DiPT to 4-AcO-DiPT.

I find the 4-ho tryps to be similar to the 4-aco-tryps, but at the same thime, they are a world apart. The 4-aco-tryps seem to be much more friendly to the body and mind as long as the dose is kept within reasonable limits. I had a very bad experience from WAY too much 4-aco-dipt with 85mg over the course of a night. I also witnessed a handful of delusional freakouts from 4-ho-mipt, even had a delerious one myself.

i did test the miprocin about 2 months ago. I dont think its lost any potency since then. It still looks the same. The degraded miprocin started to clump up and soon became these hard little pebbles.

And i agree with you that 4 aco-trypts are different than 4 ho-trypt.
It would be interesting to try 4 aco-met to compare to 4 ho met.

I will be putting up reports comparing and contrasting my experiences with 4-ho-dipt vs 4-aco-dipt and 4-ho-mipt vs 4-aco-mipt in TR and on erowid shortly;)

egor said:
I find the 4-ho tryps to be similar to the 4-aco-tryps, but at the same thime, they are a world apart. The 4-aco-tryps seem to be much more friendly to the body and mind as long as the dose is kept within reasonable limits. I had a very bad experience from WAY too much 4-aco-dipt with 85mg over the course of a night. I also witnessed a handful of delusional freakouts from 4-ho-mipt, even had a delerious one myself.

I've seen a 4-HO-MiPT freakout for sure... I've never had one... in fact, we were all MiPT-flipping (my term for MDMA + 4-HO-MiPT) and I have never had so much fun on it than that night.

Interesting that you mention the freakouts though. Because two of my friends freaked out from rather small doses (one was 10, the other was 12).

I actually wrote a bit more about this in my erowid 4-ho-mipt report. Did the people you saw flip ever become entirely convinced they were god??

Not both. One of them became totally convinced that one of the girls in the room hated him... so he left a scribbled note saying he was leaving and got himself lost in downtown Denver. He was tripping so hard he couldn't even read street signs...

The second one though, yeah. But he gets like that often so its not out of the norm.

Can anyone give me an over all opinion of this one? Depth, pleasantness? Basically I’m trying to decide if it would be worth doing 30 or 40 times. I like the sounds of some of the reports but there is still not much info out there on this one. I’m looking for something that has some depth but not too much anxiety or strangeness.

I personally think it would be worth it... I loved it. My report linked to above in post #92 explains my extensive thoughts on it, after my first trial. My trip had depth aplenty, without any anxiety or strangeness. Of course, I very rarely get anxiety from psychedelics anymore.

I would personally say try to obtain a bit to sample but just go ahead and get a gram of psilocin to keep for the long haul.

I haven't tried metocin yet (plan to though!). This is based on the perfection that psilocin is. I could dream of nothing more from a psychedelic than psilocin offers.

this may be close to source discussion so erase or whatever.

That was a good trip report Xorkoth, I read it the other week. The comment about clear headness and similarities to n,nDMT has me interested. Shulgin short comments have me interested also “With this particular compound, some of the original observations suggested that it was more potent than psilocin, certainly more dramatic” More dramatic? Interesting.

^Yea, I want to get a gram of psilocin but I have a thing I never get scheduled things in the mail, ohh dives me crazy, I want one.

^^Have a friend (who knows the purpose and is willing of course) set up a p.o. box a few counties away.

have you submitted that tr to erowid Xorkoth??

Hey Squerrl, all the 4-substituted-Ts I have tried (OK, albeit only 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-DMT) are much more similar to DMT than they are to mushrooms. I dont know if its just the absorption rate (I usually take the pure chemicals suspended in liquid so they hit fast and consistently) or the unique mix of chemicals in mushrooms that makes the difference.

^^Yea, maybe I’ll have to make a p.o box friend
^ I’m starting to wonder if a lot of these other chems in shrooms have a lot more impact on the trip then people have always thought. I know when I play with combs just a little bit of another chemical turns the trip into something very different. I got a chance to try 4-aco-dmt twice and thought it felt way different then mushes so much of it reminded me of n,nDMT, I really want to try the 4-ho-dmt and see for myself how much clearer then mushes it is. I love shrooms but the cloudiness and scattered thoughts really dampens alot of the trips for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.