View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried this at 25mg Saturday night. Working on a report now. It was a wonderful experience, unique in some ways from other 4-sub-Ts, and similar in feel to 4-AcO-DMT. I found it more lucid and detailed than 4-AcO-DMT, but less euphoric (still euphoric though) and less spiritual/holy feeling. Still, great stuff. Second-easiest and most comfortable tryptamine I've used, next to 4-AcO-DMT. Less of a high-frequency DMT buzz.

I can't wait until the next trial, at a higher dose. My main issue with it was that it made me upset that I wasn't able to express my thoughts and emotions in more than one way at a time! I wanted to be drawing, painting, reading, writing, and just listening to music with eyes closed, all at once!

I also found it to not be much of an ego-shredder at all. It made my mind absolutely race with associations and revelations/connections between concepts, but left me as me.

Anyone plugged this yet? I would imagine it would halve the dosage pretty much, but just wondered if anyone has actually done it.

Xorkoth said:
Anyone plugged this yet? I would imagine it would halve the dosage pretty much, but just wondered if anyone has actually done it.

I did. See above :)

D'oh!! Alright, cool. I may use rectal admin for my next trial because I don't have much of this and I'd like to make the most of it.

Surprised at the high dosages everyone is calling for. Of course, I need to realize that one report in TIHKAL does not define the substance....but either way most of the 4-Ho-Ts are well active at under 20mg. But it seems this one isn't. Weird.

I still long for a purity analysis of this material.

Looks like there's a good deal of tolerance in many of the subjects thus far. I'm not surprised that 25 mg was mild for Xorkoth. What's your tripping frequency these days?

I bet this one is fairly similar in potency to 4-HO-DET. Also remember it's the fumarate salt. But I wouldn't advise anyone to start >20 mg w/o a tolerance.

Take my dosage suggestions with a grain of salt. I dont feel 4-ho-dipt until 80mg+ and 4-ho-mipt doesnt quite shred me until 60-80mg. and i've had 4-aco-dmt up to 55mg. so i would say start between 15-20 if you are tryptamine sensitive

are you the one that was plugging 4-AcO-DMT at higher doses, WOM?

I recall someone plugging doses of 50+mg of psilacetin and saying it was VERY similar to DMT.

MGS, the fumarate salts tend to weigh more, so I think that's the main reason why.

Yeah, plus tolerance like Dondante said. Although not a whole lot for me I don't think. But definitely still some. I've been tripping about once a weekend. I must admit I have added AMT in addition to two weekends in the past 5 weeks. Still, that's less than half of my average at my worst. My tolerance is slowly going down.

samadhi smiles said:
I recall someone plugging doses of 50+mg of psilacetin and saying it was VERY similar to DMT.

Wow! I'll bet it was though. I plugged 20mg once (only plugging experience with 4-AcO-DMT) and by 15 minutes in I was buzzing so hard that it was almost scary, although extraordinarily pleasurable. I was tripping so hard I could barely see for the way my vision was collecting into little colored jewels of bent light in a grid pattern. This was in the midst of tripping 3-4 times a week, mostly on AMT and/or 4-AcO-DMT. It was very strong rectally, more than twice as much as oral. I actually had to lay down in my bed and just drift because I was unable to do anything at all with the real world.

^ I get that sort of effect from most plugged tryptamines... I love it, it's like a longer lasting DMT rocket ride!! Plugging ethocin was awesome, I bet this stuff'd be a party too.

OK, I am plugging 4-AcO-MiPT as soon as possible. I think ~20-22mg. Alas I do not have immediate access to psilacetin :(

Damn guys. Now that I've heard from several people that I've heard from enough to be familiar with their responses, including watching someone on it for a bit, I am itching to try this one. I react similarly to a friend that I gave some to not too long ago, so the 1st time dose is not as scary now. Usually when I take a new one the first time I'm so nervous (almost bordering on paranoid panic sometimes) that it can negatively color the experience.

I took some MDMA and 2C-B this past weekend (which rocked my world in the most fantastic way).. moderate dose of 2C-B, and I've cut way back on my tripping in general, so tolerance (psych. or phys.) really shouldn't be an issue for me.

I think towards the end of May or so I will give this one a shot, probably at 16mg, when I can get out to a proper tripping spot in the woods with some thumping goa.

It seems everyone has commented on the smoothness and clarity, which makes me very excited. I find a lot of the tryptamines to be jarring and confusing.

samadhi_smiles said:
Alas I do not have immediate access to psilacetin :(

Me either. All I have access to at the moment is dxm, woodrose seeds and 5-meo-dmt. Time to do some restocking I think:\

fizzacyst said:
It seems everyone has commented on the smoothness and clarity, which makes me very excited. I find a lot of the tryptamines to be jarring and confusing.

Same here. My psilacetin + mushrooms combo was VERY confusing. I completely lost it for awhile (the ability to cope with external and internal reality).

Depending on your sensitivity be prepared for a wild experience (my first time at 14 was pretty crazy.

samadhi_smiles said:
Same here. My psilacetin + mushrooms combo was VERY confusing. I completely lost it for awhile (the ability to cope with external and internal reality).

Depending on your sensitivity be prepared for a wild experience (my first time at 14 was pretty crazy.

I would think that would be a great combo. I had a surprisingly recreational trip from 4-ho-mipt and psilocybin, not at all what I was looking for, but fun as hell none the less.

it was a great combo! It was not very euphoric though (the 4-sub-t's I've tried so far haven't been very euphoric at all though). It intensely rearranged my cognition. Brutal.

To add my 2 cents on these "4-sub-T's" and methods of ingestion:
I haven't dared to try plugging anything, maybe it's not wanting the route of administration to influence the "trip".

ethocin is the most euphoric experience. The visuals (OEV and CEV) were fantastic. Not much mind load if at all. Great body feeling and general euphoria. I tend to try take at least 50mg, as that's where it's at for me.

I've sampled psilacetin on a few occasions, in doses of 12-25mg, getting marginal results - never where I wanted to be visually. Perhaps I'm not as sensitive to this one, but I haven't had the chance to try it at 30+mg

miprocin was good eye-candy, no negative mental effects. I've tried doses up to 30mg.

4-ho-met (metocin) at 25mg gave threshhold effects; though in that instance I had tolerance from the previous night.

I got a very good "vibe" from the metocin, a sort of sense of well-being, somewhat like what was experienced on DMT. Visual affects were slight, fluid, and some flickering. Again, tolerance.

^ Yeah, I definitely find 4-HO-MET to be the second most DMT-like of the 4-substituted tryptamines that I've tried so far. It's second only to 4-AcO-DMT, which feels like a slowed-down version of n,n-DMT to me except a bit different and more mental (keeping in mind I haven't fully broken through with DMT yet and have not had much in the way of mental effects from it).

20mg of the fumerate salt gave mild effects, a bit less effective than 12mg 4-ho-mipt hcl i'd say, which is at this dose very nice to me.
but 24 hours before the trip i took clonazepam and diazepam, maybe that took things the edge.

anyway, 30mg fumerate salt will be sampled tomorrow. i currently have no psychedelic tolerance and i'm in a good mood.

i will keep you posted

Fumerate salts are such a rip off...

1g of this fumarate salt is equal to what, 600mg of base?

Either way... I've had a good feeling about this one for a VERY long time (since I first read the single entry in TiHKAL years ago) so hopefully I'll be trying it out soon.

^iv been excited for this one for years aswell.
Cant wait to finally try it.

Fumerates arent so bad considering they are more stable than the freebase and the hcl. So although you get less doses per gram at least it prevent =s your chems from degrading. And 4 ho xxx are particularly unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.