View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get a chance to have a few trials with this soon. Maybe even this weekend for the first! When I do, I will for sure be writing a report on it.

Xorkoth said:
I'll get a chance to have a few trials with this soon. Maybe even this weekend for the first! When I do, I will for sure be writing a report on it.

:) It would be most excellent if this were to possess a character that was unique from the other 4 subs.

From the little I hear it seems pretty unique. Someone said it is more like DMT than the other 4-substituted Ts. Of course that might mean nothing. But I plan to find out. :)

I'm not really the best at putting the trip into words but i will try my best.

I dissolved 25mg into a liquid solution and drank it on an empty stomach (had not eaten for 10 hours). First alerts within 10 minutes Visuals increased in intensity until about t+30min where they stayed for the next hour or two. The reason i compared it to DMT was the nature of the visuals. I felt more engulfed in a field than the normal 4-substituted swirly melty cloudy visuals. The colors of the visuals also lent themselves more to my experiences with DMT.

What i like about this chemical is i never experienced "the fear". this can both be beneficial and the opposite depending on whether you want your ego dissolved. I find this chem to be excellent for meditation as i have been able to interact and control it more than most chems.

The biggest standout in my mind that i received from this chem was the overwhelming sense of de ja vu. I had felt that what i was experiencing at the time i had already experienced whether it be through dreams or memories or whatever you may call it. The strangest part was, at least to me, it was more real than my other moments of "de ja vu". While chatting with someone on IRC that i had never spoken to before, i stopped them mid-thought and finished their thought and was told it was exactly what they were thinking.

As for intensity, dont expect ego-dissolving characteristics from this one, my next trial will probably be at 40mg but for some reason i didnt feel the calling to push the limit as i normally have with other 4 substituted trypts. I would say this experience was either a strong ++ or a weak +++.

Any other questions feel free to ask, it is hard for me to really articulate it into one whole report.

Thanks for the report! :)

I'd like to compile all of the short reports we have sometime into a single one for Trip Reports. And then add my own individual one of course.

Also, I have confirmed that I will be testing this this weekend. I will probably go for 25mg first due to some existing tolerance and the desire to spend what I have wisely.

Walked on the Moon, thanks for your report...I'll also be excited to read a report of 40mg if you choose to pursue it.

Peace and Love

I think this thread has gotten large enough, and with more experiences on the way, I have decided to Big and Dandify it.

^^ now we just need some full reports and combination info;)

I wonder how it combines with DMT!

Beautifully, I'd wager, but thats unfair since DMT combines beautifully with everything!

ps egor do you like my new avatar?

samadhi_smiles said:
I wonder how it combines with DMT!

Beautifully, I'd wager, but thats unfair since DMT combines beautifully with everything!

ps egor do you like my new avatar?

At 40mg (which may be tonight), I may consider a little nasal DMT on top of it.

42mg fumarate salt ingested tonight. I cant say it was as effective as the first run mostly because of tolerance issues and a bit of fatigue running through the day. I'm not sure how high this wants to be pushed. I'm going to give it at least a week before i give it another try. Probably at 40mg again.

Edit: sorry samadhi, didnt get around to the DMT tonight. I have a bit of a headache (unrelated to the trip) and i think my head would explode if i were to ingest any.

Blah, I got tired and fell asleep last night. I guess it'll be tonight then.

42 mg?

DOSAGE : 10 - 20 mg, orally

DURATION : 4 - 6 hrs

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 20 mg, orally) "Qualitatively a lot like psilocin. I started within the first half-hour, and at the max, I felt the same alteration of color and form, and times, sound was felt. As with psilocin, the experience was wave-like, with an alteration of effects between near-normal perception at one minute, only to be swept up in a swirl of altered concept the next minute.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY : First, an apology for just a single entry in the comments section. This, and several other of these substituted hydroxy and methoxy tryptamines, had had earlier evaluations, but the notes are not at hand and cannot be used. Much will have to come back from memory, and there must be an appropriate fuzziness allowed for the concluded generalization as to dose and duration. With this particular compound, some of the original observations suggested that it was more potent than psilocin, certainly more dramatic. But at the bottom line, I doubt that this ethyl homologue, or the isopropyl homologue 4-HO-DIPT for that matter, could be distinguished from the methyl counterpart psilocin in any blind clinical study.

hey breakingset, I imagine walked on the moon is playing with a rather large tolerance, thats just a hunch though.

/\ if you read the monnwalker's other posts you can see that he seems to like his dosages high indeed.

I plugged 11mg of 4-ho-met about 3 hours ago, and right now I feel on a mild +2 but fully functional again for most if not all everyday purposes. Some cognitive enhancement remains... it's not unlike a low dose of shrooms in that respect.

The come-up was, as can be expected from plugging, rather steep. I hadn't told my wife I had taken anything, and she looked at me during the come-up phase and she said "What did you take?" :) Oh she knew....

Physically the come-up phase came with mild muscle tremors that have since abated. Feels physically pretty benign, though my bowels didn't really like it - I'll spare you the details.

In terms of headspace/visuals and anxiety potential it's a lot like mushrooms really, though I think anxiety (which was mildly present during the come-up) may be less of an issue than with mushrooms. Actually, now, a few hours into the experience, the headspace feels as much like, say 2C-C or 2C-B, as it does like an ego-shredding tryptamine.

The grain of salt to be taken into account when considering my experience, for it may have influenced it just a bit:

4.5mg hydergine, 125mg centrophenoxine, a few mg's of MDPV, approx. 2gr of aniracetam and less than 200mg of sulbutiamine as well as Red Bull and a good half dozen beers were taken around 18-15 hours before the experience. DMT/5-MeO-DMT were taken about 12 hours before the experience as well. And finally, 0.5mg Alprazolam and 800mg GHB were also taken around 10 hours before the experience. But there were a few hours' sleep between what I have just listed and the 4-ho-met experience.

I think 4-ho-met certainly warrants further research. On my trial today, it seems that it doesn't have the derealisation (which might seem like full realisation at the time...) of other 4-substituted tryptamines I have tried (these include 4hodipt, 4acodipt, 4acomipt, 4homipt, 4acodmt) ...

while I get moments of feeling a bit spaced and "Oh I must close my eyes and see what this is about" it doesn't seem to have the out-of-the-body dreaminess / sleepiness of its cousins. Apart from the clumsy come-up phase I think I could function well in the outside world, even with baseline folks. Interestingly , there was immense pupil dilation during come-up and now it's quite moderate.

Going to roll a blunt now and take that for a walk to catch the evening's sunrays (the sky has cleared again after an afternoon roar from Thor which was quite humbling...). But I digress. Sorry for the topsy-turevy style of this post, but you can probably see I am still under the influence of the 4-ho-met. %)

samadhi_smiles said:
hey breakingset, I imagine walked on the moon is playing with a rather large tolerance, thats just a hunch though.

Yea, I forget sometimes that other people are not me. I feel certain that 42mg of this compound would have me eating at shame before some godtype of another.

Ximot said:
Actually, now, a few hours into the experience, the headspace feels as much like, say 2C-C or 2C-B, as it does like an ego-shredding tryptamine.

So do you think that this compound may produce something inbetween?

dbailey11 said:
Is this compound better than 4-aco-dmt in anyone's opinion?

Depends on what you refer to as better and what you are looking for in your trip. In the 40's and 50's mgs i found 4-aco-dmt to be completely ego-dissolving and almost downright scary. This to me has a similar visual field that i get with DMT (CEV's) doesnt feel nearly as anxiety ridden as other 4-subbed tryps. But the duration seems a bit longer to me than most of the 4-subs.

/\ yes, pretty much. A lot like 2C-C but also a bit like mushrooms. Especially when I was outside I was reminded of the 2C-C space, though it's got a mild mushroomy edge to it (hard to pinpoint... hell, I might even say 2CC has a mushroomy edge to it). I also cannot say to what extent the fact that I'd had alprazolam just 10 hours before may have coloured the experience and made it more chilled, as I use benzos only very rarely and thus have no tolerance of them and usually feel benzo after-effects to my system for a good 2 days if not more, if I include the raw unpleasantness of the unfuzzy feeling it has all left my system, leaving my system a bit more sensitive than usual. Atypical for a 4-substituted tryptamine as I know them... less inward, more 'world'. And definitely comes in waves, which is a bit like what happens on mushrooms and many other tryptamines to me... one moment I'm totally here, the next I'm not but rather miles away, beyond time and space. At this level, though, the "beyond" was only ever hinted at.
__

update on the above experience - as soon as I had left my place I realised I was still tripping a fair bit. The sky... the smell of the forest after rain... the trees looked magic, and as I saw a snail on the ground crossing the path in its snaily pace I decided to sit and watch it for a bit and when I gave it loving thoughts it turned towards me and pointed one of its feelers in my direction and i gazed right in it and it seemed to me i saw the universe looking back at me through the eye of the snail and it was beautiful and i realised i was in +++ territory there. When I then got self-absorbed while gazing, the snail turned away and I continued on my path, listening to the frantic post-rain pre-night activity of the birds and being rewarded by glimpses of sunset along with the occasional thunder... and then it rained again, and I walked through the rain with the sun setting in the sky. When I came home I found that my pupils were pretty dilated again. I think the cannabis might have had something to do with it.

I also had a nice hot hearty meal just now, 5 hours after administering the chemical. Considering that I'd had food about 2 hours before I had the chemical, I'd say this chem is far from anorexic.

Despite the disorienting come-up I think I know what Walked on the Moon means when he says it's not ego-loss material. Though I wouldn't rule it out unless I tried a properly high dose when not previously fried from using uppers and downers just a short time before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.