View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try this one yet? I'm playing with the idea of trying a tryptamine on this Saturday's hike, instead of the usual PEA. But I don't find ethocin, psilocin, or iprocin very conducive to hiking. I doubt this one would be much different, but I'm willing to give it a go since it is a new one. ANyone try it yet? ANyone found a consistant +2 dosage? I may go ahead and try this one, and save psilacetin for next week when my cousin visits.

morninggloryseed said:
Anyone try this one yet? I'm playing with the idea of trying a tryptamine on this Saturday's hike, instead of the usual PEA. But I don't find ethocin, psilocin, or iprocin very conducive to hiking. I doubt this one would be much different, but I'm willing to give it a go since it is a new one. ANyone try it yet? ANyone found a consistant +2 dosage? I may go ahead and try this one, and save psilacetin for next week when my cousin visits.

Let us know how it goes.

yaesutom said:
Hmm.. well i'm assuming that this supposed 4-ho-met came from this certain questionable supplier...

So who knows but if it came from that supplier, maybe it really is 4-ho-met but someone should get it analysed :).
I wonder if labeling of 4-ho compounds to match market demand might be more widespred that we realize.

^ Well, I think there are a lot of people just sitting on it right now, waiting for reports before jumping in.

I'm in that crowd anyway. A lot of the psilocin derivatives tend to makes me really nervous or have dark trips. I suspect this is due to weekly+ use of mushrooms for an extended time, and similarities between the drugs that I've tried.

I almost went for it recently, but I want to make sure I hit a +2 dose on the first time, and not go overboard. My 4-AcO-DMT experiments mostly sucked (except ~1hr watching the sunset over the ozarks on my first try), and I have no further interest in it because of that.

fizzacyst said:
My 4-AcO-DMT experiments mostly sucked (except ~1hr watching the sunset over the ozarks on my first try), and I have no further interest in it because of that.

Odd, considering the number of reports of fantastic psychedelic experiences with it. I wouldn't totally disregard it just yet. Meaning, I would recommend saving a dose or two for the right time (if you can tell when that is). The majority of my experiments with it have been fun and pleasurable but rather empty, but then out of nowhere I had my 4th +4 with it. Then again, I never decided I didn't like it beforehand; in fact, my +4 was in the middle of a period of using it often.

I always save a dose, but i really don't think this one is my cup of tea. I may revisit it in a few years. Who knows... but too many other things to use on my limited opportunities.

I haven't gotten to 4-ho-met yet, for instance. :)

I really don't want to overshoot the mark with it on my first go. I've been waiting on reports to surface as I know its out there... but nobody seems to be talking much.

/\ soon.... gimme a couple of weeks and I shall be in a position to report. Shulgin suggests 10-20mg... anyone know any more about this?

Ximot said:
/\ soon.... gimme a couple of weeks and I shall be in a position to report. Shulgin suggests 10-20mg... anyone know any more about this?

i'm pretty eager to get a report too - the 1 account available from TIKHAL -

(with 20 mg, orally) "Qualitatively a lot like psilocin. I started within the first half-hour, and at the max, I felt the same alteration of color and form, and times, sound was felt. As with psilocin, the experience was wave-like, with an alteration of effects between near-normal perception at one minute, only to be swept up in a swirl of altered concept the next minute.

sounds pretty interesting.

This is next on my list, even higher up than the 4-AcO-DMT. I promise I will have a report soon, it's getting warmer out there. I'm going to start out with 14mg.

Well, I got to this one a few days ago. Somewhere just under 10mg produced a solid + trip, with a crest around ++. This could definitely be a good one. Will try around 11mg soon. Not like 4-aco-dmt at all.

Coming up in 1+ hours, and coming down in 5+ hours, asleep by 7.

If that is the case, I wonder if the is a precident for the 'asymetrical' tryptamines (i.e a N-methyl with Et, Pr, Ip, etc) tryptamines are longer lasting. Certainly ethocin and iprocin are very short acting, shorter than psilocin mushrooms.

I neglected to mention this was the fumurate salt. Tried around 11mg recently and had a similar experience. This is still very mellow.

25mg of the fumarate salt was ingested tonight. It was unlike qualitatively any of the other 4 substituted tryptamines i've tried (most of them).
No body load, this is physically benign. the overall vibe to me felt more like n,n-dmt than mushrooms. but i will have to continue my trials with this one. If anyone has any questions i may be able to answer them

Write a report! You will be the first to do so. Can't wait to try it myself. I want to take it more than the 4-AcO-DMT.

WotM: Can you comment on the intensity? Was this a +++ level experience? How long did it last?

I might take this one over the weekend. Do you think it would lend itself to use during the day (like wake up saturday at 8am and start the day off bent?)?

MORE! We want to know more. :)

From the TIHKAL entry for this, I would've assumed that 25mg would be intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.