View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still alive :p Finally i don't take 4-Ho-MET, will wait a while...

I am curious, what was the frequency of tripping on metocin when your trips began to change? Because there was a period of time a ways back where I took mushrooms every other day for about two weeks. That didn't do me in, what did was trying to redose without waiting a day. Obviously, every other day for two weeks counts as abuse in my book, and the tolerance got huge, but I never had a bad trip until the final time when I didn't skip a day in between dosing. I had the most listless and emotionally avoidant experience as did my tripping partner that had also been on the heavy mushroom schedule.

Feeling no motivation, visuals washed out, unable to become interested in anything, feeling 'dead', that's all what we felt that day.

I doubt you've been on a similar dosing regime.. heh, but even so I thought I'd mention it. After backing off everything was okay when I chose to trip again.

Hey !

Well yesterday I finally decided to trip with a friend of mine in his room, I weight a 8 - 10 mg dose for me and 20 mg for him. Finally it was more easy than my last time, let me explain.
Going to my friend's house, layed in his big bed with 2 packs of cigarettes, 2 packs of cigarillos (yummy while tripping), some hand roll tobacco + water and coca. We put a DvD player with some funny french movie ! (Dikkenek - Belgian movie). This is for the setting. My mind was overall happy but I did not sleep the night before, so feeling a bit tired.
This is a little report :

9:24 PM (exactly) : We take both the gelcaps at this time.
We put "The Simpsons" movie for being in a good mindset

9:40 PM : Definitely feeling some alert, first physical symptoms, feeling well relaxed almost sedated. My friend feels the same.
We both begin to smile, huge grin and waves of well being (I can easily fall asleep on it if I want to). Watching The Simpsons was hilarious as hell, laughing like a madman while smoking cigarettes and drinking some very cold water ! Feels excellent and very comfortable

10:00 PM : A "Trippy" mindset begin to creep, my vision seems more clearer, the environment seems to be more detailed. I always feel good physically but I feel a little distraction (difficulty concentrating on the movie). I noticed some slight tremors and hot flashes over the body, as if the temperature had increased, some slight increase in heart rate. Metocin come in wave, I'm pretty sure. Each wave give me more hot and my body feel heavier then shortly after feel relaxed again.

10:30 PM ~ : The film ends, we decided to take a walk in the village. We walk in the street, hot flashes are felt, as like some adrenaline rush. My legs seem heavy and the body appears heavier. Impression of walking like being drunk, my legs are they made ​​of gelatin ? I feel like I have to make a huge effort to walk.

Watching my phone, 10h45 ~ : The visuals are starting to appear, the colors become saturated, the shadows begin to move. The ground seems inflated with helium, "cartoon-like" visuals, everything looks a bit unreal. I was peaking. Body seems more heavier while I walk. Some tingling in hands, as if little needles pricking me (Vasoconstriction ?). Head feel heavy too like I was on a boat.

11:05 PM : We returned to his house, we sit in bed with the portable DVD player. We decide to plug a fan, we're hot ! My friends said he's dehydrated with the heat he felt in his body. Cold water was consumed for both of us. We put "Dikkenek" movie (very hilarious belgian movie :D), smoking cigarettes one after one ! It feel soooo good, cigarettes's smoke is thicker than normal, some shades of orange tones mixes with the smoke. The texture of the bed seems fluid and changing / breathing (the bed is navy blue). Feel like being in the sea.

I do not have much to say since we spend most of time in his bed watching movies, smoking cigarettes and cigarillos and drink water while laughing, giggling like crazy !
The mental effect is very neutral like to be stoned. No insights at this level. Feeling almost clean in the head. Still a great body load. Feeling lighter in his bed compared to the street walk.

The comedown, however, was rather harsh for me. The comedown was accompanied by tremors, low to moderate paranoia. Some heart palpitations and a urge feeling of fainting. I could not get back comfortably.
My friend also felt the palpitations and heat. He breaths heavily and "jumps" from time to time when his heart got palpitation. (I do the same). Tingling again in the hand and legs. Going to the bathroom to take a piss, I look myself to the mirror, my face look pale, feeling of fainting is felt again. My movements are impaired, feeling of being drunk again.

Laying in his bed again, trying to focus on the movie, some short breathing and anxious state of mind. My heart beat increase and decrease in few second. My heart pound of my chest when it does that ! We both closing our eyes to calm down and we take deep breathes.

The feeling subsided in 15 - 20 minutes. Water was consumed again. We rolled cigarettes and smoke them one after one, it relax us ! Take some chewing gum also, relaxed me !

4:20 AM : We are both baseline and clean, some residuals effects like dilated pupils, feeling drained and tired and some light bodyload can be felt.
5:30 AM : We finally find the time to sleep and it's end our night !

Overall it was a great experience, didn't take much since my last experience with Metocin. However this time the comedown was less harsh than my last session. I will take low dose like this to reconcile myself with Metocin.

The trip last overall for 6 hours ~

No I'm out of 4-HO-MET =( But I will have 2C-C & 2C-D next week, will be great I'm sure with the same setting :)

Take care !

Last edited:
To bad you still had those feelings on the comedown. I think I will leave 4-ho-met alone. I think I should still write a subjective report of the experience itself. I used it as a spiritual tool, not just for fun.

Could you please tell me how it goes if you try it again alone and tell me how it affects you on the comedown ? I saw on Erowid that some people got the same things as me ! :\ Weird !

Due to try some 4-aco-met for the first time next week. I hear there is little between the two so I'll report back.

4-Ho-Met Not Really potent for Me

Hi folks,

so I have tried 4-homet 3 times in the time span of a couple of months. 1st time 25mg orally - not very strong effects comparable to weak ass acid. 2 hours of those effects followed with 6 more hours of being unable to fall asleep - not good. Nxt time was 18mgs insufflated - again the effects were weak visuals, poor CEVS and again unable to sleep for quite a long time. Last time 2days ago was 27-29mg orally which is a dose wich i guess would produce medium to strong effects to most people. I was kinda dissappointed with the effects again, mild visuals (not even breathing of surfaces, weak cevs), psychedelic thinking - not really, no laughing a lot. 4-HO-MET only got me as far as to LEVEL 2 from shroomery scale: http://www.shroomery.org/9067/What-do-the-different-trip-levels-Lvl-1-5-mean Its not the matter of batch as 4 friends who dosed 19-21 mgs from the same batch, reported quite strong effects. It was for me the same with 4-aco-dmt which produced prfound effects only once in 4 tries (35 mgs) I always kept my trips at least 2 weeks before one another. Same with shrooms I ate twice as much as my friend did - he was trippin balls, I could barely feel the effects. All these attempts at tryptamines were after NYE , during which I had a bad trip on 4-aco-dmt. Could it be that this bad trip causes tryptamines to have weak effect on me ? Anyway I wish to try 40-45mgs of 4-ho-met next time. Do you think the jump from 27-29 mg dose to 45mg is a big one? I've been taking psychedelics since 2005 - acid, 2c-x, shrooms, and now tryptamines so I'm a fairly expereinced user.

thanks

I wouldn't think that would be a huge jump considering your apparent tryptamine tolerance. Before the bad trip on NYE did normal doses affect you like they do most people? I could see how a bad trip might lead to you being more "on your guard" so to speak, when taking another psychedelic, and that could potentially lead to diminished effects. What about other psychedelics? Have you had increased tolerance to 2c-x, LSD, etc after the NYE trip?

No,

I did 2c-e and 2c-p on a couple of occassions and they worked just fine in regular doses 2ce around 20mgs and 2cp at 10mgs

It seems to be only the case with tryptamines as the combination of 1 hit acid and 10mg 2c-p produced the most intense visuals I have ever had - It included seeing characters and obcjects which didn't really exist, drawn in an awesome cartoon way. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, I was even able to control the visuals with my mind. I could see a huge green creature walking towards me, I didn't like it so I stopped it from coming any closer with power of my mind and then made it dissappear.

Before NYE I tried tryptamines only 2 times - 14mg of 4-aco-dmt and felt nice effects for this small dose. I did it once again but only after 4 days I got high with about 28mg but tolerance took its toll and I didn't trip as strong as my friends did for whom it was the first time with tryptamines. One experience after NYE was particularly strange. I insufflated 35mg of 4-aco-dmt quite stupidly as I was already after 4 beers. I lay down in bed, had very weak (!) CEV's for a while, and then I fell asleep and woke up in the morning feeling refreshed and relaxed.

regards

A few weeks ago, I had my first metocin experience, 10 mg dissolved in water taken orally. It gave me a nice ++. I was hoping to experience something a little more intense and longer acting (I peaked in about 1 hour).

Two days ago, I took 15 mg, also dissolved in water. Around 1 hr into the trip, I figured I was probably peaking, and decided to smoke some cannabis. I'm not very experienced with psychedelics except for salvia. The cannabis really took the trip to another level, I would say +++. I'm not sure if I was really prepared for the intensity and duration. I became a little anxious and self-conscious. On the other hand, I was experiencing nice visuals and some interesting thought-loops. Next time I think I'll try it in the 15-20 mg range, and I'll try to avoid cannabis.

i can understand wanting to dose in the 40-50mg range, last time i had 4-ho-met, i had 15mg at first because it was my first time with this compound, and like 2 hours later i still didnt even get any alerts as to me being high, so i took another 15mg, and hour later still nothing, so i re dosed 27mg all on the same night, and it was a beautiful trip from then on, full on OEV's really intense yet still the anxiety wasn't too bad

i can understand wanting to dose in the 40-50mg range, last time i had 4-ho-met, i had 15mg at first because it was my first time with this compound, and like 2 hours later i still didnt even get any alerts as to me being high, so i took another 15mg, and hour later still nothing, so i re dosed 27mg all on the same night, and it was a beautiful trip from then on, full on OEV's really intense yet still the anxiety wasn't too bad

The first time I experimented with this chem I dosed 25mg and it was a solid +++. I would imagine 40-50mg of quality metocin for someone with a low tolerance would be earth-shattering.

Many people will be talking about the fumarate salt, which is obviously less potent than the freebase/other salts. Might be good for the sake of consistency/mutual understanding if people made this clear? I would say that 40mg of any salt would be intense.

my bad it was 4-ho-met fumerate that i was testing, recently though most psychadelics i have been trying have been affecting me less and less so this is all just subjective

I would assume that mine is the fumerate salt, though I have no basis for that assumption other than it seems to be more common.

How do you store the 4-ho-met fumarate? Right now i just have it lying in a doublebag under some books - will it lose potency in this way?

If you're worried, you can put it in the freezer, but the fumarate salt was chosen for its stability, and the MSDS I have for it says it's stable at room temperature, though I don't know how much that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.