• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

Passing out would be a stretch hahah =D but it really does feel like going from a +++/++ to a + in like 10 minutes. I could be wrong, it's been a while (maybe two years) since I last took it, but it's how I remember this drug and precisely the reason I haven't dabbled again

I found its duration quite short too, I could take it at around 8pm and get to bed at around 4am (my usual bed time, or at least it was), sometimes even earlier if the odd benzodiazepine was lurking about.
I see yes, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but just a little disappointing when you're having a lot of fun :)

For what it's worth, to me 4-HO-MiPT is quite similar in purpose but generally superior, if you're allowed to say that, in effects.

Haven't done 4-HO-MET for maybe 3 years now, but I recall the last time I did it with my ex, we both noticed the sudden apparent drop off in effects, I knew we were still tripping but she felt like she'd sobered up and suggested we smoke a joint. After getting ridiculously stoned the visuals seemed to kick back in and I was watching purple electrical fields emanating from her head whilst she came to terms with the fact we were probably still gonna be pretty high for a little while longer.

It's been 3 weeks since I did anything psychedelic so...

I took 450mg dxm at 185lb, then 20mg 4-ho-met 2hr after dosing the dex and it was a psychedelic experience I guess.... but it was so cold, devoid of any warmth, meaning, or value. No euphoria, just confusion, coldness, emotional distance, and numbness were taken to its greatest extremes. Things that should be fantastic, bizarre, and wild were turned cold, confusing, and voided Visuals weren't patterned enough to meld, shift, shimmer, or do any patterns, it's just what I saw was confusion. Like... it was the inability to identify patterns that caused confusion. The confusion wasn't scary it was just a distant and cold confusion. I watched a couple of movies and they had music and plots and stuff but I had no concept of music, plots, and stuff or even what an "is" is at times. I have to think hard to even remember the titles of the movies much less remember the movies themelves not that they matter in this experience, just to say the meaning and value of everything brought before me was dessicated, turned to confusion and then made cold and devoid of any feeling, warmth, or connection.

But there was intense immersion in movies, that is intense immersion into the making of everything there cold, confused, hollow, and null.

I simply existed with no understanding of anything in total confusion in a state of physical and emotional numbness at the peak.

I listened to music and watched visualizers and I saw the typical psychedelic stuff but it all felt so distant, cold, voidless, w/out meaning, context, or anything... Just random sounds and sights devoid of anything with merit. No fear, no apprehension, no calm, no euphoria, just.. weirdness.

At one point I was standing in my room in some weird pose without any realization how I got there with a severely warped sense of depth perception both in sight (lilliputian hallucinations) and feel or why I was there and I think the only reason I had any realization of an "I" at all was because there was a dog licking my foot. Granted, I only had the slightest inkling of what a 'dog' 'is' since I hardly had anymore understanding of what an "I" is much less a "human" is lol. I remember myself saying aloud and hearing it back in the 3rd person, "what is doggy???" In the most sincere, earnest way of asking that question expecting an answer back and in a flash like I'd been given a religious vision I understood!!! "Doggy wants me to open door" and without a will of my own my hand opens the door for her not that I even understood that hand is that which is of me Like WTF LOL It's hard to understand and recognize the meaning, significiance, and existence of an autonomous entity separate from yourself (aka "doggy") when your "self" is unknowingly and uncaringly fragmented into separate consciousnesses each doing their own thinkings and lost in their own mind's eyes like in a cold alien's dream that's somehow your own waking dream but you can't put your finger on why it's your dream or even what you are. But there was no passion, euphoria, or meaning, or connection to anything while this was happening! It was just all so distant... foreign... far... and away...... It was... so.. so... cold

Not depressing or scary just... very unpleasant nevertheless. Like wtf kinda trip is this LOL. It's t-9hr after initial dex dosing and sentences, words, and lines are still flowing, ebbing, contracting and expanding and I see color shadows behind the letters and my emotionality is so hollow and void i'm creeping myself out but it's okay b/c it's coming back and I am able to laugh at myself a little now from this experience :). Well... at least I know what letters are at this point. They're not just cold diffuse random curves and lines devoid of meaning that are just there to confuse and disorient me! :D Yay! I'm past that phase :D

I don't think I'll be touching the dissociatives + psychedelics again soon to say the least. I look forward to when I have some 5-meo-mipt coming in soon to combine with this one :) The 5-meo-mipt is such the oppositve of a dissociative I think it'll be a delight after this trip that was just coldness and confusion :D

I'm really dissappointed... I thought the 4-ho-met would give me crazy visuals and euphoria combined with the robo. Not at all what I got. In the past dxm has been fantastic when mixed with morning glory seeds and lsd. Like I mean... couldn't I just have a normal bad trip like being taken to hell and back or some such instead of just this bizarre frozen weirdness :D

Last edited:
The 5-meo-mipt is such the oppositve of a dissociative I think it'll be a delight after this trip that was just coldness and confusion :D
I'll resonate with that. Used 5-MeO-MiPT a few times over the past couple months and then I used ketamine a few days ago. I kept wishing I was on 5-MeO-MiPT instead, its clarity and euphoria is so refreshing. It seems like anymore dissos just make me feel retarded, although I guess they kind of always did that, I just don't find it as enjoyable as I used to.

I actually did combine DXM with 4-AcO-MET a long time ago, and I remember it being quite weird, although I don;'t think the doses were that high. I did used to have some awesome times on the combo of MXE and 2C-B though.

Has anyone combined this with LSD? I’m thinking of taking a solid dose just after a strong acid peak but while still going strong.

For anyone interested I ended up splitting a pre-weighed amount in lines and sharing it with three others. So we did approx. 10-15 mg each (orally), which I found fitting for the situation. One of us ended up doing another dose of the same size a bit later since it was on the light side for him. I think the effects develop in a bit more phases than for other 4-substituted tryptamines Ive tried. The effects came on fast (15-20 min), but took around an hour to develop fully for me. Was roughly comparable to 1-1.5 grams of cubensis, yet quite distinct in its effect. I wont say Im overly impressed. Its probably the least interesting of the 4-substituted tryptamines Ive tried. But the dose was also moderate, so maybe I just need more next time. It was quite pleasant, however. I would do it again some time.

4homet shines in doses above 25mg.
Lower doses are quite generic and bland.

But att higher doses it gets crazy af!
Extremely visual and just bonkers.

Its not very deep or mystical like 4acodmt, more light hearted and hedonistic.

I def prefer 4acodmt to 4homet, however they are quite different.
4homet would probably be very nice att a rave.

70mgs + 5G psilocybin mushrooms = I am aware of a premordial, spiritual, webbed-like mycelium network.ov wisdom... a purple lattice nexus network of knowledge
beams of infibite love rainbows enter the deepest parts of my maybe dead soul.. love and wisdom… that I asked for, comes in waves of non-time based linear pellets of love light and unending ultimate peace… windlowsopen showing me Multifaceted prism beings of ultimate reflection and the purest, ever encompassing white light/love I, but also I feel are guarding the inner sanctum of the nexus reserved for only the purest high school lunch ladies that let you skip $ maybe once or twice when you were dead inside and life was not cool ,,, oops sorry tangents , and spiraks of love light are. Taking me away slowly from this trach8ng lesson nom. I love every on3 of you glorious humans

How's the strength of plugging 4-HO-MET? I'm planning to try around 15mg of fumerate, and I'd like to make sure it's not the last thing I do. ++ is fine by me, I'm not here for a ++++.

I normally prefer the 4aco tryptamines but with the 4xxx-mets I like both 4ho and 4aco equally. 4ho-met is the tryptamine that mostly resembles psylocin.

Dosed 20mg last night at 10:30 and took a walk without knowing where I was going. Ended up in a big local park. I was in disbelief. Somehow I walked into some sort of performance art thing where there were tons of actors in the park playing various parts. The performance centered around two musicians who were far enough away from each other that they seemed totally independent. In fact while one played, the other was mockingly inserting harsh dissonance on an 80s-sounding electric guitar, while the first played on as if nothing was amiss. The first was a guitarist doing some some covers of many amazing songs, including plenty of Beatles covers (I am the Walrus, and other challenging ones) on an acoustic guitar. I was in disbelief at how good he was. I love the Beatles, and covering their stuff solo is no easy task, but this guy was beyond incredible.

Sometimes the loud dissonant group of mocking punks would break out into their own song. They did Sympathy for the Devil and other Rolling Stones. Even though they purported to be rude and disrespectful of the other guy, they never totally played over him. They waited for their moment to respond to his music with theirs. It was a dialog. In fact, in the dead space between, there were often moments where the two groups were subtly jamming with each other in the form of both harmonic and dissonant abstract improvisational riffing. This while being located sufficiently far enough away from each other that most people were paying attention to only one or the other. Actually there were not many people in the park. I couldn't believe that this incredible performance was taking place and nobody even knew about it... Many of people that *were* there were clearly and obviously part of the total park performance.

Well past midnight, first guy was wrapping up and I got the nerve to go up to him and ask him what all of this was. Confused look and response from him, but I was sure he was still sticking to his character in this act. Even when he told me his name, I was 100% convinced that he was acting. Before he left, he tried to sell me on a local guru claiming it was a surefire way to full enlightenment. I was sure that this too was part of the act. I realized that he wasn't going to drop the act and finally decided to go along with it and just let him know how much his music moved me (words cannot do it justice).

It was only past 1 AM when I was walking home that it occurred to me that occam's razor might be the best tool at my disposal. My brain stopped. Could it be? Were the past 2+ hours just one big hallucination? After having not a doubt in the world that I knew what I had just experienced, I realized suddenly that I had certainly just invented the entire content of it. I had spent the night looking at my own reflection in the park and in all the people that were there. I had invented meaning in 100s of observed interactions that had lots to say about me, but probably nothing about those around me.

In some ways I regret the trip. I wonder what the music would have been like while sober. I feel embarrassed that, when I talked to that artist, I didn't take his words at face value. I respected him so much and yet my mind dismissed everything he said to me as "just an act". Than again, a sober me would never have been brave enough to sit right next to him and talk to him at all. In other ways still, I see that the trip was what I had needed. Today I was filled with his performance and the shock of realizing that I can't truly be sure if what I see is what's there or if it's just my own projection or if, perhaps, it's always some interplay of the two. I was filled with a creative spirit today. I am rejuvenated. I hope I see that guy again at the park one day and get a chance to talk to him sober.

This is probably the 5th time I've tried 4-ho-met. It's a relatively comfortable ride compared to some other psychedelics, though it definitely threw me for a loop this time. I'm glad I got the full taste of it, but I think I'm done with it. Onward.

Last edited:
PS: The above was not supposed to be a trip report. I just wanted to write one paragraph to describe the delusion and it turned into all that before I knew it. Still, I realize that I left out important details and didn't manage to relay the flavor of it. Oh well.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that everyone I encountered looked like an extreme caricature of themselves: almost like they had been pulled out of a comic strip. I tend to get this effect from most psychedelics (and frequently when sober too, but that's another story). Still, on this trip it was particularly extreme. Somehow, even though I'm intimately familiar with the effect, I came to the conclusion that everyone was wearing costumes (as part of the performance). At one point someone walked their bicycle past me and I was pretty sure it was a prop bike because it looked like it was all made of plastic and had fake cartoon-like tires.

To me, the two musicians represented polar opposite energies. The climax of the experience was when I placed myself exactly equidistant from both and felt myself being pushed and pulled (by the contrasting musical energies) in two directions. My practice then was to keep my mind suspended between the extremes. The ego wants to associate with one or the other, but as a full human being we necessarily have both inside of us. The sacred and holy; the irreverent and sensual. To hold both at the same time is freedom itself.

Man been ages since I've experimented with this lil guy. This and 4-ho-mipt were my fav RC trypts. I remember my first time, I had taken too much xanax one night, and said fuck it and took giant dose. My god the visuals were crazy in stark contrast to clear headspace. I was at my Ex's place and there was a poster Britney Spears in the clouds or some shit and the fucking thing came alive. Her hair was flowing and her face/mouth began to move as clouds passed by. Also, one if the most beautiful visual sequence occurred. As I looked outside, the whole range of seasons would cycle every 10 seconds or with this psychedelic grid overlay that covered everything. This tree would lose its leaves as it rained, then it would snow, then begin to grow leaves and get sunny again. This would cycle over n over again. Blew me away.

Got a 100mg sample of freebase form coming tomorrow.

In regards to this, might do some of this again tonight, but I have a bit of a problem. I did buy a scale that measures to the thousandths decimal (ya know, to get specific low weights), but because of certain circumstances, I don't have access to it.

My question, is, since I'm gonna have to use a normal scale that only measures to the hundredth, I'm wondering what the +/- is on the actual weight that your run of the mill scale shows. I'm definitely just going to attempt to weigh out 4 or 5 solid doses, so 60mg to 75mg (15mg a piece, mix it into alcohol). Honestly, I have multiple questions..

1) How accurate is the average scale when it comes to low numbers like 60 or 70mg's? I know a lot of them won't even begin to show anything is on the scale until it gets to 20 or 30mg, so I'm just curious.

2) What is the difference between a dose of say, 15mg and a dose of 25 mg's? Just in case the scale is off?

Obviously, I wouldn't be doing this if I just had to weigh out some for me and another person. i'm only using a lesser scale because I know I'll need to weigh out multiple doses, and i know most scales can tell you *in the ballpark*.

Cheers, gang! Thanks for any help.
You can get scales that measure within +/-5mg for £30. This is generally fine for stuff like 4-HO-MET or 2CB which are pretty forgiving. You might want to be careful with something that can be more intense like 4-ACO-DMT. These scales aren't suitable at all for stuff active in the single mg range like DOM, you need the expensive ones for that.

I tried 4-HO-MET yesterday at a dose of 50 mg. During the peak, I also took some ketamine. As for 4-HO-MET itself, at a higher dose, the experience is completely different from a lower one. In smaller doses, 4-HO-MET made me feel scared and nervous, and was not enjoyable, but at a higher dose, it becomes more friendly. The trip lacked mysticism until I took ketamine at the peak. It mixed well with ketamine; the trip was then salvia-like, and my visions replayed memories from my entire life. Alternative scenarios of my experiences appeared, unlocking many memories, but the amnesic effect of ketamine means I don't remember much of it anymore. The headspace of 4-HO-MET itself before taking ketamine and after it stopped working was clearer for my mind than with shrooms or LSD, but the visuals with open eyes were intense yet somewhat monotonous. The CEVs were not remarkable, which surprised me; actually, when I closed my eyes, I only saw darkness - of course, referring to the effects of 4-HO-MET alone, because when ketamine was active, the visuals, or rather visions, were present.

I came to the conclusion that 4-HO-MET is not suitable for lying-in-bed trips, and in my opinion, this substance would work better for a trip to the woods during the day. The biggest advantage of this substance lies in its visual aspect with open eyes, and the fact that compared to other 4-tryptamines, 4-HO-MET is slightly stimulating. It must be great for nature walks. Psychedelic insights are weak; I think even after those 50 mg, I would be able to hold a conversation with someone sober without arousing suspicion.

As the experience was coming to an end, I smoked marijuana, which brought back the visuals. It also helped me fall asleep... I managed to do so after about 8 hours with the help of 50 mg of diphenhydramine.

In contrast to Lucy/Molly/(obv feminine) Kitty, and for the sake of gender equality, I will forevermore refer to this great tryptamine as My Homie, T