View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get these type of effects from various psychedelics. Once on 4-ho-met (I think!) I started doing the exercise bike to warm up. :)

^Thanks, that puts me at ease. In the past, it usually worked out that I took psychedelics in the summer; might happen to me on different ones too. Some people were talking earlier about vasoconstriction and I got paranoid. Not sure if getting cold is a symptom of that (I just made that part up).

I put one like two pairs of sweatpants and some wool socks. The socks were squishy and felt amazing.

For sure....I almost don't like taking tryptamines in the winter....unless I have access to a hottub and then it's game on!

I'll leave my experience while I'm here too.

I've taken this at fairly low doses (~6 mg, I only have a crappy mg scale) take orally. I just dumped the powder in my mouth, no caps.

The comeup was at times a bit uncomfortable physically. I have a desk job and mild back/neck/shoulder discomfort. The drugs seemed to make me more aware of the tightness in my muscles to the point where it was distraction; usually in my sober life I just ignore it. I stopped what I was doing and started stretching and it felt great. It really let me take the time to unwind my muscles and stuff. I feel similar "increased soreness" on LSD as well. Those in previous posts saying it is "feline" felt very accurate in retrospect.

Compared to similarly low doses of mushrooms, this was much more stimulating with the belief of having a clear head. Low doses of mushrooms tend to make me feel foggy, and weighed down, where as this gave me more of a rush and made me feel less inebriated than I actually was.

As other have mentioned, the comeup is fairly quick (within perhaps 10--20 minutes, I didn't keep track) and one time it really crept up on me and was a bit overwhelming until I relaxed.

At least once, the comedown was a bit anxiety ridden and I felt like I had too much energy. My mind was telling me I needed to go do stuff (which could be attributed to the fact that I was procrastinating on stuff). But, I definitely had a bit too much energy than I would have liked.

That's all the negatives. The negatives seemed to be more pronounced on lower-doses/on tolerance. Some doses were only spaced out by a week and, as expected, lost some of the magic.

The postives were great. I spent many hours with a huge smile on my face just reading. Everything seemed laced with humor and my mind could sniff it out. Visuals were fairly minimal at this dose, some minor wiggling of patterns. Music was great (I don't listen to much Hendrix, but I enjoyed Valleys of Neptune a bunch). With the light out, all my posters looked like Malevich's Black Square and I had a good time thinking about that.

Overall, definitely light hearted and didn't leave me feeling taxed or overwhelmed after the experience. But, it is, probably not 100%--bad-trip-free, but pretty close.

whats the expiration window on 4-ho-met when stored in veggie capsules in plastic container with dessicant? i'm thinking of taking it with a couple of friends on our euro trip and im trying to find the best way of transporting it without it loosing potency. is dissolving it in liquid a better solution?

whats the expiration window on 4-ho-met when stored in veggie capsules in plastic container with dessicant? i'm thinking of taking it with a couple of friends on our euro trip and im trying to find the best way of transporting it without it loosing potency. is dissolving it in liquid a better solution?

Can't answer the first question for you, except with the obligatory it will be fine if it's in a tightly sealed baggy and in a cool, dark place. It should last for several years at the minimum. As for the second one, be wary if you're in the US. I heard that they do check bottles/meds if they aren't sealed. Maybe if you had some way to re-seal it again? I remember my friend said he put them in a baggy inside a lotion bottle, and didn't get caught. But it's still risky as hell, and he didn't seal it either. Plus that was about...8 years ago? It's probably stricter now. Don't use a water bottle for sure, they will be suspicious immediately because those are cheap and you can buy them anywhere.

But I think talking about this goes against forum rules, so I'll end it here by saying don't do it. :)

discussion of any kind of drug trafficking is actually against the BLUA. :)

Wow, several good reports on this chemical. Have any of y'all compared the degradation rate of 4-AcO-MET and 4-HO-MET side by side. Regarding degradation, does the acetate ester experience slower degradation?

anyone ever try Vaping 4-ho-met with a dab rig? by itself or perhaps after being dissolved in PG
I know the boiling point is 403f so I'd obviously not use a red hot nail

nevermind, just ended up putting 10mg in a capsule and swallowing it last night. very cool molecule

I had no problems with this one up through 60 mg......very visual wavy gravy fun kicks lovey dovey wonderful substance!

15 milligrams caught me off guard surprisingly. Quick come up and once I leveled out on my peak an hour in my body simply felt fucking great, it felt like a REALLY strong Indica body high.
The visuals were not particularly intense but I found them to be very.. Fancy and flowy spirals drifting over everything. Me and my brother went outside into the garage for him to smoke a cigarette and while looking at some plywood I saw what looked like indian faces in the wood smoking pipes and shit, although as everyone says there is a definite lack of head fuck so there wasn't any particular connection or spiritual feeling involved with any of the visuals, they were more of just an overlay to look at.. Eye candy.

But don't let that fool you, as with any other psychedelic I did find a useful mental component, and have found a little more appreciation for my family. I had some revelations on why I used heroin the other week, and I thought on some of the riskier decisions i have been making lately. Quite simply, I have been reckless lately and this compound told me to gently calm down, or helped me tell myself that. A worthy tool in my arsenal, seems like a good recipe for a fun summers night.

Definitely will be dosing higher next time to bring the level of immersion up a tad, I would like to aim for 17-18 milligrams on my next dose.

Another quick note is that I actually found myself although inebriated, more in tune with my reflexes. I ended up beating my high score on Geometry Wars, getting a score of 284,000+.

Last thing to rap this up, I see no potential for ego dissolution, if anything this strengthened my ego tenfold and I found myself walking around town on an adventure to seven eleven feeling like psychedelic royalty, as if all these visuals were specially put in place that night to please me.. This happens occasionally anyway when I take the more visual psychedelics, but it is worth noting.

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've been on.
The other week I tried 4-HO-MET for the first time. I had a great time with two of my friends. I had a very spiritual experience on it. It was completely dark out and we walked through the woods and the visuals got crazy. My friend said " I feel like somebody is watching us" which I felt as well. I looked down at my feet and saw a fox there. It started walking with me and after awhile there were a couple more. I stopped to pet it to see what would happen. I'd go to pet them and they'd react to it like they actually would have if they were real. I kept walking, watching the foxes, and more and more kept coming. We got to the end of the woods. I didn't want to leave my new friends. I sat for a little bit and pet them and played with them. Then I told them goodbye, thank you for everything and that I loved them. We left but since then I've been more prone to picking up on the energy around me. It was very profound
I took 21mg about two hours or so before the walk. Once we got back I took 13mg more which was still quite effective but nothing of much note happened for the rest of the night.

I actually felt the whole "someone is watching me" vibe on my adventure to seven eleven on 15 milligrams, not too heavy but it felt like there was a presence just behind me as my brother and I were walking. No foxes, but nothing is impossible. And PeacePhrog, I've had some Benadryl and Datura trips and they were nowhere near as lucid as SuperPsychs hallucination of foxes. It was more like talking to people who weren't there and then forgetting the conversations had with them, and then looking to see they have disappeared and I have forgotten what we were talking about anyway. On Benadryl I was on a bus (went to an alternative school where getting fucked up in class was the norm) and literally saw a bus come straight at ours, causing us to violently veer off the road, then I snapped out of the hallucination. Smoke, dysphoria, euphoria, terrible drugs and exactly why even kids need access to high quality drugs, who knows how much my deliriant use as a child has effected me.

lol someone came to sell me "molly" and i asked what the dosage in each capsule was because i normally deal with ppl with mg scales and he answers 20mg. I'm like excuse me id need 5 ish, 4 prolly. "oh no this is 4-ho-det" it takes much less. It is also not MDMA or even close to the right direction. I worry because they sold out by the end of the night....

I haven't seen 4-HO-DET on the streets before, but it's definitely out there. I know this proves nothing, but it seems like it'd be kind of a random name drop if that's not really what it was, doesn't it?

That's just wrong though. Not only would 20 mg of 4-HO-DET be absolutely nothing like MDMA, but it would also send a lot of my friends into complete psychosis. That guy is a Douchebag with a capital D (if that wasn't obvious).

On another note, I actually get rainbow spiders on high dose 4-HO-MET just like on diphenhydramine.

Status
Not open for further replies.