View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have fallen in love with this chemical. The ease of being able to insufflate it aswell is great, and it always takes me to a lovely lovely place. The come up is indeed sometimes scary, as for last night I was a little afraid of having a bad trip, as I was seeing little devils and morphing faces. But after the come up the high was incredible. Was flabbergasted most of the trip, just saying "fucking incredible, oh my god, holy shit" over and over again. Do you guys talk to yourself when your tripping (alone) , I don't mean actual conversations . More like little comentarys sometimes. ^ I also become puffy and red, and almost feel like I have been burned towards the end of the trip. During the trip my body feel like its made out of diamonds and jewels, but towards the end I feel like I've been in a bath that was too hot.

but towards the end I feel like I've been in a bath that was too hot.

Exactly!

Falling into my dressing gown was the very best thing I have had happen to me. Cannot wait to mix this with morphine and try again >.<

Has anyone tried the combo 4 ho met and 4fa? I thought of taking 10 mg 4 ho and 100 mg 4fa.

If this compound were very nice warm and inviting soft pastels, 4-aco-dmt would be a laser death ray.
Lol god yes! After so many turbulent times on 4-subs mainly DMT's, even calm little HO-MET made me a bit anixious during the come up. This 4-sub though has taught me to love 4-subs and its even made me understand that I must return to psilo. I don't think i'll honestly ever go back with AcO-DMT, every dose below 30 mgs was fun but missing something and feeling boring. Then after that it transformed into a crazy roller coaster. Could never find middle ground. This one however, even when its going full force its still so gentle not to mention absolutely beautiful. I remember the trip that finally broke the apprehension. I was laying in bed not feeling to great when I noticed one of the most intricate and colored CEV's i've ever witnessed and all I could think was "How can I feel down at all whilst be graced to witness such extravagant beauty?". After that it was like I just snapped out of the funk.

I was thinking of maybe mixing methylone or 4-FA with 4-HO-MET as it would improve the euphoria to no extent. But I have decided agaisn't that because Im not sure how much I would enjoy coming down from both substances. Especially with 4-FA having a gentle let prolonged period of stimulation. If I can get my hands on some diazepam or xanax ( midazolam if im really lucky) than I might reconsider.

Got it in today:D. Now all I need is a 0,001g scale.

Is there any other way do safely dose this chemical without an accurate scale like that? I know liquid measurement is one, but since 4-ho-met isnt storable for that long in a solution, that's not really an option.

Last edited:
Not really. I took too much from miscalculation and the come up was so horrible. If it wasnt for my gf I probably would have talked myself into calling an ambulance. It aint worth it. Wait for the scales and enjoy the beauty of this substance properly.

I have a serious question maybe you Metocin fans can help me out.

Does anyone have experience with Acetyl-psilocin, psilocin AND psilocybin? Could you tell the difference between the three?

Lets just say hypothetically In a double blind study using all three compounds at equipotent doses (IE: 20mg Metocin, 20mg psilocybin, 20 mg psilocin or whatever the scientifically proven relative potency-effect ratio is between the three) these 3 were used.

Could anyone qualitatively tell the difference between them? It makes me wonder why I haven't seen Acetylpsilocin or 4-HO-met being sold and passed off as psilocybin. Mushrooms are a profitable black market drug and their only negative attribute would be the stomach discomfort caused by eating raw material as opposed to an isolate compound.

I certainly hope this never happens for obvious reasons (we don't need any more scheduling of potential medicines thank you very much), but I do wonder... Say a street dealer selling 10mg capsules of 4acodmt and passing it off as psilocin, how unethical do you think that would be on a scale of |negative1 through positive ten|?

Its know it is an ethical question, but I'm still curious.

And if it came to your understanding and suspicion I was asking for devious reasons, rest assured I've no interest in selling ANY drug, let alone one that's precious and still legal. I have a higher responsibility to the community to uphold that code.

Also, I firmly believe that any drug worth taking should not be sold for money.

It makes me wonder why I haven't seen Acetylpsilocin or 4-HO-met being sold and passed off as psilocybin.
4-HO-MET is quite different from 4-AcO-DMT. Very, very different.

4-HO-MET is more lighthearted, less stoning, has less mindfuck, more friendly and more visual than psilocybin.

thouart_that, I have experience with both 4-HO-MET and mushrooms (but not the isolates psilocin and psilocybin). In my experience they are quite different. Yes, they both share the shroominess of all the 4-sub trypts, but there is easily enough difference in the qualitative nature of the experience that you could tell them apart in a blind test. I find this also applies to the other 4-subs vs shrooms.

I find that the 4-subs (including psilocin) all share a smiliar character, but they also have unmistakeable characteristics that make them stand out from each other and worth while pursuing as different experiences. As it relates to our question about passing them off as psilocin/psilocybin, I don't think it would be possible amongst experienced trippers. Only folk who haven't experienced much in the tryptamine world would be fooled.

Regarding the ethics, it's completely wrong without question.

For obvious reasons it's wrong, but as for being able to tell them apart, I know a lot of people say that all the 4-sub tryptamines are quite hard to tell apart. I have no experience with 4-HO-MET, but Psilocin feels more manic and rough than 4-AcO-DMT, however I wouldn't necessarily suspect I'd been given a different drug if I was sold one as the other. As for 4-HO-MET itself, I've heard this one is a lot less deep and more visual/recreational, so for me I'd probably be able to tell it apart.

I've heard of people selling 4-AcO-DMT as "shroom powder" or "shroom extract" but personally I think that's stupid. Hell, if someone's an unscrupulous dealer who'll lie about what their product is just because it sounds better - why bother? The kind of people that would buy "shroom extract" from a shady dealer would be 10x more impressed just hearing "4-AcO-DMT", assuming that DMT being in the name means it's the same drug as n,n-DMT :\

4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET are very different from my experiences. 4-HO-MET come up involves vomiting and intense anxiety where as 4-AcO-DMT come up involves vomiting with almost anxiolytic effects as well as the feeling of "I feel like I could go to sleep but I know I won't" I had a difficult time keeping my eyes open on 4-AcO-DMT where as 4-HO-MET I had a difficult time keeping a straight face.

I have never tried psilocin or psilocybin on their own so I can't comment there but both of these 4-substitutes feel very different from mushrooms.

4-HO-MET come up involves vomiting and intense anxiety

I did not have this at all. I almost didn't notice the come up until things visually started distorting. I felt no body-load at all (other than my puffy skin, but this didnt feel horrible just strange) throughout the whole experience from the time I took it to the time it had completely gone. Same goes for my friends.

Last edited:
i think the amount of experience of the user plays a large role in the subjective similarities & differences in very similar chemicals. i could definitely tell the difference in metocin & psilacetin, but i doubt someone who'd only tripped on shrooms a couple times would see much difference.

My gf has probably only tripped around 10 times, twice on mushrooms maybe 3 including an egodeath experience. She actually asked me to say on here that "the people who said it was like mushrooms, tell them they were wrong"

I did not have this at all. I almost didn't notice the come up until things visually started distorting. I felt no body-load at all (other than my puffy skin, but this didnt feel horrible just strange) throughout the whole experience from the time I took it to the time it had completely gone. Same goes for my friends.

I only get bodyload the first 15min, never vomitted, but i have nausea and my body feels weird and everything is spinning.

I think the thing we can agree on here is that contrary to what one might presume from the "simple" modification of the N-sidechain on a 4-HO tryptamine (from DMT to MET to MIPT and others) there are no consensus on subjective differences. Some people get increased side effects from mushrooms and not from acetylpsilocin. Some people get increased side effects from miprocin and not from psilocin. Some people think metocin is the most potent, while others think iprocin is. Seems even more variable than the 2C-X family!

My contribution: I found 4-AcO-DMT to be a little more "analytical" or "machine like" compared to mushrooms. My mushroom experiences were very emotional in nature. But my few acetylpsilocin trials were at low doses (never above 14mg) so it's hardly a good data point.

4-HO-MPT (meprocin?) i have also only sampled up to about 12mg but it seemed slightly more visual and warm than acetylpsilocin did. But then again I was on the beach watching fireworks. In fact 4-HO-MPT reminded me more of mushrooms than 4-AcO-DMT did.

As far as side effects go, the only time i've been nauseous on mushrooms was during an ill-advised "psilohuasca" syrian rue experience, in which I was attempting to vomit out the evil contained inside me... No real problems to note about either of the synthetics i've tried.

is 4-ho-met more euphoric than 4-aco-dmt? im undecided to what to try tonight, the goodies arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.