• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DET Thread

Last night I vaped 7 mg of 4-HO-DET freebase, at the peak of my mild pscilocetin trip (17~19 mg insufflated) and instant visuals were produced. I experienced a massive rush, and could help but smile as I fell through the smokey-purple CEVs. It was a great way to boost the trip, I was consumed in mandalas made of violet smoke every time I closed my eyes.

Another freebase experiment is definitely needed.
Vaporizing is almost always awesome. Mostly with tryptamines but 2C-P and NBOMES are awesome too. You should try it.

I dosed 14-16mg of this stuff , about 14 hours ago.

Fast come up but never really developed into much but slight tryptamine buzz. Altered headspace , slight body buzz but no visuals and overall much milder then I thought it would be

Back to baseline fully in like 4 hours I'd say. Peak only lasted about an hour.

A couple things though , had dosed etizolam , kinda high with no benzo tolerance 12 hours prior to get to sleep after 4-fa use.
Used 4-HO-mipt 4 days earlier. I'm not sure how tolerance works but ime 4-HO-mipt feels like it creates the most tolerance out of the tryptamines I've used (4-aco-DMt , 4-HO-met , 4-HO-mipt , 5-meo-mipt , mushrooms) , my theory is because it causes the most intense trips out of the ones I've tried. Longest lasting for me too , most intense visuals , quite a bit of pysedelic headspace , lots of euphoria & can be emotionally swingy (have went from 1 hour lmao to the next crying).... Compared to say it's 5-meo cousin which produces nearly no tolerance issues , but I dose that one very low (4-6mg) most time. So I'm thinking a combo of a benzo with a long half life , my 4-HO-mipt use 4 days prior and the low dose created less then stellar results. Def felt it had potential , was in that stage where you feel your about to have a somewhat intense trip but never devolps.

I took this before going to see jurrasic park 3d IMAX , and being my first trip with this stuff I shot low whereas the other 4-HO/aco I go about 2O-3Omg.

Anyways on to why I'm up at 6:3O a.m...

Perhaps this is just a coincidence and I'm reaching but in tihkal shuglin mentions 'I slept ok but something was wrong at a deep level,

I haven't drank alcohol or smoked weed in nearly a month , both of which surpress my dreams , or at least make me not remember them if I am having them. Usually the first week or two ill have very bizarre , life-like dreams & nightmares but this hasn't been the case for at least 1O days now. Just regular , not overly intense dreams.

I've had sleep paralysis once , 5-6 years ago that I attribute to low dose serequal used for insomnia (I quit it after that haven't had 1 since). It was one of the scariest things in my life.

I think I just experienced my 2nd sleep paralysis incident. I was able to snap out of it a lot quicker then last time but still has me fairly shook up.

I 'woke up' , eyes open , podcast still on from when I went to bed around 1 and thought I heard knocking on the door. I then heard footsteps and seen shadow under the door. I was convinced someone had broke in.

All easily explainable as my small dog is locked in the next room and she will paw at the door sometimes , and my Doberman is out roaming the rest of the house so likely was him walking , but while in this state I thought they were both in bed with me so never considered that (use to let them sleep in my bed) , and deep down had comfort knowing (well thinking) my Doberman was in the bed with me so didn't lead to a total freak out like my prior sleep paralysis episode which I reacted how a 4 year old does having a bad dream. While in this weird trance like state I calmed myself by saying it was likely my cat had got out and was pawing at the front door to get it. I don't own a cat. Then I thought my gf text me which was comforting , but I couldn't actually text back and I tried for sometime (trance/paralyzed feeling)... Of course no text from her.

I'd say this lasted 5 minutes? Felt like ages though. I just layed staring at the light from underneath the door scared for my life.

Sorry this long post doesn't have much content about the chemical of discussion but with the tihkal entry and having taken it 14 hours ago I feel it might have something to do with this bizarre , rare incident. That and I'm wide awake now and wanted to record this while fresh in my head.

Anyways I'm taking good 1-2 week break , from all drugs aside from maybe kratom maybe 2x a week , and letting my tolerance go down until I give the 4-HO-det another shot , which will likely be at 2O-25mg. Since finding these RC's I've been using psychedelics far too often and while it did achieve what I was looking for when I decided to dabble in psychedelics about 5 months ago , after a 5-6 year absence , stoping my cocaine use (4+ months none now ) and quit drinking (only 3 weeks but lots of week-2 week breaks in last 4 months and way less consumption most of my times of use) I'm doing myself no good tripping multiple times a week and will only kill the magic.

Last edited:
So I'm finally getting around to doing my second 4-HO-DET experiment. I have 50-55mg 4-HO-DET (variance due to Gemini-20 piece of crap scale), chilling in a capsule that shall be consumed within the next 36 hours.

I'll report back with my findings on a higher dose experiment =D
I hope that 50+mg will show 4-HO-DET's true potential (or lack thereof if such is the case)

I've bio-assayed 45mg of 4-AcO-DET (which is somewhat less potent than 4-HO-DET) and the experience was quite intense. 50-55mg of 4-HO-DET should be very powerful indeed, unless your material is of poor quality and/or you've built up significant tolerance and/or you're a tryptamine hardhead. You should have a sitter around, just in case.

I have always been a hardhead and am quite experienced. I'm at T+30 right now (my plans for yesterday got messed up) and I can already tell this will be quite the ride. What people said about bodily stimulation is accurate. I may need extra benzo to calm the tremors, though I will try to make it closer to the the peak before deciding.

Hang in there, buddy. Try your best not to take the benzo, but if you must, you must. That's a whopper of a dose. Good luck. Please tell us how everything went when you return.

Im good without it. Had to get past a gnarly fucking stimulated come-up. (Still tremors in my arms) but im good. Will come back later with a report

In my experience the heart will start beating funny after about an hour and a half. I didn't like that part one bit, but I don't know how unsafe it truly is.

Well I had a good evening overall with this substance. I think that my 55mg dosage was probably too much. 4-HO-DET did not seem equipped to take me as far as some of the other tryptamines I've tried. By pushing to 55mg I got more stimulation and more visuals to an extent. but the visuals are still nothing compared to 4-AcO-DMT (the benchmark of the 4-subs) nor was my mind profoundly fucked like 4-AcO-DMT has done at high dosages.

It seems to me that 4-HO-DET is best suited as perhaps a good concert drug, or a good half of a combination for a more profound experience. But it does not seem suited for blowing one's mind.

Well I had a good evening overall with this substance. I think that my 55mg dosage was probably too much. 4-HO-DET did not seem equipped to take me as far as some of the other tryptamines I've tried. By pushing to 55mg I got more stimulation and more visuals to an extent. but the visuals are still nothing compared to 4-AcO-DMT (the benchmark of the 4-subs) nor was my mind profoundly fucked like 4-AcO-DMT has done at high dosages.

It seems to me that 4-HO-DET is best suited as perhaps a good concert drug, or a good half of a combination for a more profound experience. But it does not seem suited for blowing one's mind.
It didn't blow my mind, but 4-AcO-DMT didn't do shit to my mind, not a single breeze. 4-HO-DET at least gave me some wind.

I am familiar with two batches of 4-Ho-DET nearly 14 years old...both the freebase, and both have been known to hang around in the freezer, in glass vials with a few beads of silica loose in the material.....sometimes they were stored away from a freezer. Both batches did discolor over time (as do all the psilocin family) but both neither seems to have lost any potency.

Personally, this psilocin cousin was only interesting because it was an original Sandoz product as created by Hoffman...and so is historically relevant. Effects wise, pretty furious stuff (even at modest dosages) with a lot of trembling (or 'the shakes', depending on how you look at it) coupled with anxiety. Was ok when hiking outdoors but the evenings at home with it were more white knuckle than anything.

Not my cup of tea.

Just wondering if anyone had any info in regards to longterm storage of this (4 ho det)?

I am looking to get some, but am wondering how long itll keep before degrading significantly.

I am looking at 4 oh det hcl, which would be stored in a vial, surrounded by dessicant, in a mason jar and in the freezer.

Does anyone have any info or experience storing this stuff for the long term?

Thanks,
Tired

My first time with 4-ho-det last week was about 38mg insufflated. came on quick not much stimulation actually pretty relaxed, good visuals over in about 3 hours max

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyhow, I have 4-HO-DET in cold storage but have not bio-assayed it yet. On the other hand, I'm very familiar with 4-AcO-DET and I love it. I find it easy on the body, not especially stimulating, and pretty deep at higher doses. Open-eye visuals tend to be earthy and rich; closed-eye phenomena is gorgeous, slow moving and decidedly three-dimensional, almost tactile. It's intriguing that the general consensus regarding 4-HO-DET is so different from my experiences with 4-AcO-DET. I even had a very poignant ++++ the third time I tested it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is about 4-HO-DET, not 4-AcO-DMT, DMBANT1979. You should delete your post and re-post it in the appropriate thread. Welcome to the board, btw.

Anyhow, I have 4-HO-DET in cold storage but have not bio-assayed it yet. On the other hand, I'm very familiar with 4-AcO-DET and I love it. I find it easy on the body, not especially stimulating, and pretty deep at higher doses. Open-eye visuals tend to be earthy and rich; closed-eye phenomena is gorgeous, slow moving and decidedly three-dimensional, almost tactile. It's intriguing that the general consensus regarding 4-HO-DET is so different from my experiences with 4-AcO-DET. I even had a very poignant ++++ the third time I tested it.

This sounds really similar to my 4-HO-DET experiences, however the 4-HO-DET was a bit harder hitting than what you describe, which may be the cause of the stimulation. The visuals and psychedelia come in surges.

have used 4-ho-det at least 5 different times and they were all different. I seem to notice lower doses are more stimulating and uncomfortable(20-40mgs) but very high doses 80-100mgs fully psychedelic and amazing.

Just wondering if anyone had any info in regards to longterm storage of this (4 ho det)?

I am looking to get some, but am wondering how long itll keep before degrading significantly.

I am looking at 4 oh det hcl, which would be stored in a vial, surrounded by dessicant, in a mason jar and in the freezer.

Does anyone have any info or experience storing this stuff for the long term?

Thanks,
Tired

I am familiar with two batches of 4-Ho-DET nearly 14 years old...both the freebase, and both have been known to hang around in the freezer, in glass vials with a few beads of silica loose in the material.....sometimes they were stored away from a freezer. Both batches did discolor over time (as do all the psilocin family) but both neither seems to have lost any potency.

Personally, this psilocin cousin was only interesting because it was an original Sandoz product as created by Hoffman...and so is historically relevant. Effects wise, pretty furious stuff (even at modest dosages) with a lot of trembling (or 'the shakes', depending on how you look at it) coupled with anxiety. Was ok when hiking outdoors but the evenings at home with it were more white knuckle than anything.

Not my cup of tea.

So less than 2 years later I opened the mason jar in the freezer which contained the aforementioned 4 ho det hcl.
To my surprise it had changed significantly in colour (from off white / light gray) to very obviously gray. Though I am not sure why this is a surprise as MGS noted there would be colour change, perhaps because I have the hcl and not the freebase?

Anyways, I can not comment on any change in potency because I never got around to trying it since purchasing. Just thought I would share in regards to the colour change (however helpful that may or may not be :p )

Last edited:
Yeah many tryptamines (freebase or otherwise - in fact I think the freebase is significantly less stable than fumarate salts at least, which are the common salts available these days as they're quite stable) will discolor over time regardless of how they're stored. Generally they retain the majority of their potency.

What is a comfortable dosage 'regimen' when trying 4-AcO-DET or 4-HO-DET for the first (few) time(s)? Assuming that they are about equal and we just need to adjust dosage by molecular mass?

Can anybody recommend a general first time dosage for 4-HO-DET?

And what's the general consensus? There is little information online.

How similiar is it to 4-ACO-DET? I always thought that seemed quite appealing.

Can anybody recommend a general first time dosage for 4-HO-DET?

10-15 mg for people sensitive to psychedelics, 25-30 mg for people who aren't. That's what I'd do anyway.

And what's the general consensus? There is little information online.

I would go as far as to say that it is one of the only synthetic psychedelics besides LSD that I have ever tried that I actually think is worth taking for any reason other than checking it off your to-do list.

How similiar is it to 4-ACO-DET? I always thought that seemed quite appealing.

To me, they are indistinguishable in every way, and worlds apart from every other psychedelic I have tried.