• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DET Thread

Ordered 100 mgs to sample. Really enjoyed psilacetin. Was almost considering taking it and introducing 4-HO-DET in a smaller dose, to analyze. The one experience with 4-AcO-DMT I had was easy going, warm, comfortable.

Then again may do by itself. I aim to go high, but I'm starting low, I think.

Tried about 12 mg of 4-ho-DET HCL in juice. General discomfort, not real nausea but general ill feeling. Glad I didn't take more. Some tremors, not fine ones but kind of chunky unpleasant ones. Mild visuals didn't make up for the discomfort. Made me feel generally icky. Just doesn't seem to agree with my system.

Not to say you are wrong, but I find sometimes (sometimes) with certain drugs you need to take "enough" to be engaged. Sometimes lower dosages such as this just have a bad effect profile, for whatever reason. Not saying it didn't agree with you/you it... Just wondering.

This is precisely why I took a higher dose of psilacetin my first experience. I didn't want time to think about it. Or, I hadn't tripped hard in many years. Not having done so, I figured that was the way.

Now I'm more nervous about trying the stuffs.

12mg of a 4-sub tryptamine isn't very much IMO. The only time I ever got general discomfort from a tryp was when I underdosed 4-aco-dmt, at around 12mg or so. I think you just landed in the do-not-want zone bro, this zone is common at low tryptamine doses.

Huh two posts about almost the same thing, at the same time! I wouldn't be nervous dude, I have access to some ethocin I want to try as well, but I'm confident it'll be awesome. Tryptamines have never really done me wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally got a chance to sample this substance and I had quite a good time. The TR section of the site seems to be denying me access so I will post an abbreviated version here.

I dosed ~25mg (±5mg because my scale and capping process are not what they would be with proper funding)
The Come-up was unusually smooth. Over the course of two hours, my mind slowly expanded to fill the air around me. My body was a languid set of limbs, hanging down form my head. Movement was loose and cartoonish. I seemed to drift in an out of attention to what I was doing. As I was listening to music, suddenly I realized that I had missed a minute of the song in a daydream. There was however a distinct lack of visuals to look at.

That changed when I went outside to take a solitary walk through my neighborhood. On the way out I had an easy conversation with my anti-drug girlfriend who seemed to have no clue as to my psychedelic state. Outside my surroundings become much more fascinating. The wet ground reflected the reds and greens of the streetlights, creating a festive christmas light show on the ground. The 4-HO-DET was most certainly enhancing those colors. Walking by a house coved in Christmas lights and sparkling snowflakes was magical, though only for a moment. Like most shiny things, It was only interesting the first time you looked at it. It was at moments like this that grim thoughts tried to invade my brain; Anxiety and depression try desperately to ruin my trip, But cheer, optimism and good humor always prevail.

I guess it's appropriate at this point to note that I have been taking Clonazepam (among other benzos) every 2 or 3 days for the last month, and two nights in a row before the trip. The reason I mention this is that I felt tremors in my heart throughout the trip. This could have been due to the 4-HO DET or mild benzo withdrawl which I quelled at T+3:00 with 1mg Clonazepam.

I had heard much on both sides of the argument about whether benzos cancel out a trip, or whether they just calm a person down so that the trip is not as overwhelming, so testing this out for myself was part of my motivation for dosing the Clonazepam. It seemed to me that the Clonazepam did not really impede the visual aspect of the 4-HO-DET. It did however dull my mental processes as usual. This reduced the clarity of each moment and took away from the feeling of profundity that comes with any good psychedelic experience. However, it seemed that my ability to judge the 4-HO-DET's effectiveness, which seemed to drop off pretty quickly around the fifth hour, was not significantly impaired by the Clonazepam.

Overall I think 4-HO-DET is definitely interesting and I will give it another go. It is not as powerful— and in your face, as Mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT; but it did have some sort of unique magic to it. Perhaps I will dose it with a phenethylamine at some point it hopes that they will compliment each other nicely. I believe they will.

Yeah, I too have taken 10-12mg and felt not really good, but had a marvellous ++++ at 18mg.

This is a gem, imo !

I tried my batch of this a month or so ago. Nice stuff, dosed a little on the low side since it was new to me, so I was a little underwhelmed. But seeing as the acetate ester didn't get terribly interesting to me until I got >25mg, I wouldn't be surprised if its the same for the free phenol. Some friends have tried both & found the 20mg range perfectly adequate for their purposes. I seem to be a little resistant to the DET's for some reason. Though it seems I'm not alone in that. Odd though b/c I get decent effect out of <20mg of 4-AcO-DMT & 4-HO-MET. Go figure... MMMV lol

The Come-up was unusually smooth. Over the course of two hours, my mind slowly expanded to fill the air around me. My body was a languid set of limbs, hanging down form my head. Movement was loose and cartoonish. I seemed to drift in an out of attention to what I was doing. As I was listening to music, suddenly I realized that I had missed a minute of the song in a daydream.
Lol. You're a good writer. I liked reading your trip report.

I have some of this stuff in cold storage. Maybe it's time to give it a go.

Thanks Kapitan. Trying to give an informative description of a completely subjective experience is a fun writing exercise. Writing while coming down is especially helpful for integrating the experience. That's why some of sentences aren't as fluid as they should be though.

I would like to see someone do a high dose experiment. 40-50mg range. I might do it myself if I get the time, but I doubt that will happen until January. I have other samples to taste :D

I was actually planning a trip in that range sometime during early 2013. I've taken ~40mg of the acetate ester, & that was a jolly good time. I expect it'll be roughly similar with ethocin.

Just wondering if anyone had any info in regards to longterm storage of this (4 ho det)?

I am looking to get some, but am wondering how long itll keep before degrading significantly.

I am looking at 4 oh det hcl, which would be stored in a vial, surrounded by dessicant, in a mason jar and in the freezer.

Does anyone have any info or experience storing this stuff for the long term?

Thanks,
Tired

I have had a plastic bag in the fridge for over 1.5years which is still as active as the day I got it.

How you're describing to store it should definetly last +3years, IMO.

I have access to 4-HO-DET... Now, I hear this is the "darker trip" so more like a narcotic hallucinogen than a "hyper/energetic" hallucinogen, right?

There is NO Big and Dandy on this substance from what I can find...
I want to know if 4-HO-DET would be safe to replace for -MET when attempting to achieve "Mushroom like" effects? It ALL breaks down into psilobin right? So it should all be similar yeah?

Does anyone have any experience with 4-HO-DET?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, most tryptamines will not break down into psilocin. Different substitutions on the nitrogen will give significantly different effects. May I recommend searching Erowid or the internet as a whole before asking about drugs in the future - bluelight is far from the only resource.

No, most tryptamines will not break down into psilocin. Different substitutions on the nitrogen will give significantly different effects. May I recommend searching Erowid or the internet as a whole before asking about drugs in the future - bluelight is far from the only resource.

But I feel like these questions will definitely help Blue Light be at the top of harm reduction searches. If people here know the answers we should try to get them written on the threads right?

It has its value, but if the questions have been answered when said people were searching erowid, then thy will want to read novel material here, not the same things they've just answered with their searches.

It has its value, but if the questions have been answered when said people were searching erowid, then thy will want to read novel material here, not the same things they've just answered with their searches.

Maybe if the thread gets enough views, their searches will lead them here. I get your point though...

I'm possibly going to be trying this after 25I though :D

Last night I vaped 7 mg of 4-HO-DET freebase, at the peak of my mild pscilocetin trip (17~19 mg insufflated) and instant visuals were produced. I experienced a massive rush, and could help but smile as I fell through the smokey-purple CEVs. It was a great way to boost the trip, I was consumed in mandalas made of violet smoke every time I closed my eyes.

Another freebase experiment is definitely needed.

4-HO-DET is tied with 4-HO-DMT for my favorite out of the 4-xx-xxxx series. I've tried it in doses up to 32 mg insufilated and never had a bad time. It's fairly comparable to psilocin really maybe a little less flashy with the visuals but it is still massively visual also fairly usefull for introspection a little less than psilocin. Super worthwhile substance. I'm surprised this thread is so small.

4-HO-DET is the most stimulating tryptamine I have done, and also the most psychedelic out of 4-ACO-DMT, 4-HO-DET, and 5-MEO-MIPT. It gave the strongest psychedelic effects but made my heart feel uncomfortable (actually very good and comfortable but too active... very strong adrenaline feeling but without the pain from a similar feeling on a phenethylamine).

The most notable feeling in the trip was moments I picture fire and ice and felt the 'feelings' of fire and ice over my body. Strange drug. Better visuals than 4-ACO-DMT too.