View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MiPT Thread

Crimson Cloud

Bluelighter
I can't find ANY reports on this compound outside of Tihkal. The only information I am able to find about it is in the Tihkal entry for 4-HO-MiPT.

....they both seem promising, but I'd like to hear some first hand accounts, as Shulgin focuses on 4-HO-MiPT, and doesn't go into much detail on the 4-AcO. Does anyone here have any experience with this substance?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done a really low dose(8mg) in the past but it did'nt do much as i was'nt intending it to and i've yet to give in a second go due to the fact that i experienced some body load on a sub-psychedelic dose although it was more of an intensification of already present body load from a binge on dope for a few weeks but it may be without bodyload on its own but i don't know.

First let me say that the whitish semi-crystaline material sticks to everything like glue. It seems to want to decompose into a goopy material with a quality like rubber cement.

Second, lets be aware that some 4-aco-det on the market was tested and turned out to be 4-ho-det. Also some 4-aco-dipt on the market was tested and it turned out to be about 50/50 4-aco-dipt and 4-ho-dipt. So in other words its very possible what's on the market is actually 4-ho-mipt or a mixture.

Third, don't eyeball this material. When I first placed what I thought would be about 12 mg on the scale it turned out to be over 60mg!!

Anyways, 12mg of this material for me (200 lbs) produced a rather strongish 'shroomlike' trip. The visuals were fuller and richer than those of 4-aco-det but not quite like those of shrooms, i.e strong but different. The mental effects were intense and emotional like 4-aco-det or shrooms but not precisely like either. No recognizable body load or phsysical effects whatsover other than the usual effects of emotional intensity. Overall It was a very positive experience (mostly becuase of the presence of my wife, the worlds greatest trip sitter :)) and had a spiritual quality to it. I would consider repeating it at say 18 mg. That would be a very intense trip. As for duration, I dosed at 7:00 pm, the intense part was over by 11:00, and I was asleep by about 1:30 am. I woke up at 6:00 for work the next day and was somewhat tired mostly due to the lack of sleep.

I generally don't come to a conclusion about a new psychedelic drug untill I've done it a few times (unless of course it really sucked the first time and I don't want to repeat it), but so far this one looks like its gonna be a winner. I hope it doesn't decompose too quickly. And, to be fair, if you have plenty of shrooms readily availabe you might just do shrooms and avoid the research chemical risks.

Didn't write a trip report. I spent most of the trip listening to music, vegging out and thinking wierd shit but did go out and walk around towards the end of the intense part. I would have gone out earlier but it being an experimental chemical I didn't know how intense it was going to get.

4-Aco-MiPT

So I got my sample of this compound only to discover that it is *VERY* hygroscopic. In fact, it resembles a glob of pine sap that has been too long in the hot sun... sort of runny/globby/sticky 'bit-o-crud' in a small plastic bag. I'll probably slit the sides of the bag open with a razor and soak in a ethanol solution as I'm told from the supplier it's still viable. Has anyone else had any experience with this compound and how did you get around it's hygroscopic character? Any experience reports?

The vendor shiped it to me in a plastic bag with a moisture absorber in it. It was still crystaline until I opened the bag. I then got it into a glass vial as fast as possible. To weigh it I used the bottom half of the gel cap as the tare. I tasted it at 12 and 18 mg and liked it very much. Haven't written a trip report but I might soon.

That sucks. It will mean I won't be looking for this one until a new batch is made, one that does not absorb water from the air. Nothing in TIHKAL mentions that the molecule is hygroscopic, and its relatives do not show this property. I wonder if it is the result of a sloppy synth.

Shulgin did state 4-ho-mipt "discolors quickly if it is not kept in an inert atmosphere and in a freezer". He didn't say why. This is 4-aco-mipt btw and is probably a salt of it. Whether its hygroscopic or something else like oxidation is a vendor's speculation. The material worked quite well and I'm satisfied with it despite the inconvenience.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please share at least a quick write-up of what your experiences were. There is little info on this one.

Yeah please share, I havent heard anything of this chemical before, besides its name.

Maybe someone who has already tried the substance a few times, could weigh out a dose, and let it sit out in the open, not in the SUN or anything, but just out in a room, maybe in a capsule that is open. Let it sit for a few weeks or longer, and when the person wants to trip on that dose, close up the capsule and eat it, and see if the effects are the same for the dose - to see if the 'goop' still works just as good after exposure to air for a few weeks. If i get a sample of this I will definitely try this.

Now, it was mentioned dissolving it in ethanol, is this pure (like everclear maybe?), and would it be OK to store in the ethanol for long periods of time (freezer maybe)? (of course no one knows for sure since it is relatively 'new' on the market) What about an ethanol/water mix like vodka, i'm assuming that wouldn't be too good, unless stored in a freezer i suppose.

Does the 'goop' dissolve easily into the ethanol? Lets say, for measuring purposes? (250mg 4-aco-mipt into 25mL or whatever)

I've noticed big 'size' differences between certain substances, like 10mg of 2c-i is barely anything, but then (the batch i have anyway) the same amount of 4-ho-dipt "Iprocin" (I need to write a trip report on this great stuff, I think it along with some brainwave generator software "busted" me out of a depression, this one is up there with the few great ones RC or not) looks like a huge amount in a capsule, sort of 'mushy', same thing with 4-ho-det.

Will dissolving this compound in any water mix (str8 distilled water, or ethanol/water mix) cause it to be less stable? Also, would 90% isopropyl alcohol work as well for this purpose? Just b/c I have a bag of sap and no ethanol.

In terms of mental effects I found 4-aco-mipt to be not very much like 4-aco-dipt at all. On 4-aco-dipt even on high doses (as much as 40mg split in 2 20mg doses an hour apart) I can be pretty much be functional if I want to, i.e. I can focus and concentrate on doing things. On just 12mg 4-aco-mipt OTOH my short term memory was pretty much shot. Whenever I tried to actually do someting I would constantly be losing my train of thought and drifting off on tangents.

Yes I am also interested like a couple other posters, if anyone can say, if it is OK to dissolve 4-Aco-MIPT in water and/or ethanol, for measuring purposes or storage. It turns into this goop quickly, but still seems to work fine, I may be getting some soon although my friend with the "real scale" is around occasionally, I am wondering about any "guesses" anyone has if this stuff would be stable in a solution over any good length of time.

I have had no problems storing AMT (freebase) in a vodka solution (1mL=10mg) for almost 2 years, tested by a friend a couple months ago and no noticeable loss of potency. Also I've had 5-Meo-DIPT in a vodka solution (1mL=10mg) for even longer, still works like when I got it (of course, I disposed these down the toilet immediately after I heard about that emergency scheduling, this was all before that :), both at room temperature, except during the hot summer days with no A/C they were a little extra warm :)

I did not even attempt to dissolve 4-HO-DET and 4-HO-DIPT in a solution, but I wonder about the Aco versions?

So if i receive some 'goop' in a small vial, if no one has any answers, or 'a good guess', maybe I will borrow my friends good scale and just dissolve 50-100mg in a solution, dose a couple times, and leave it for a while and see how active it is in a few months...

Yes, I know, I should just buy my own damn scale, that Tanita 1210 (i think) is cheap, accurate enough from what i've read, although I want to see if there are any better/more accurate ones for around that price- before I do get one.

As far as putting it in solution is concerned, I don't see any advantage to that as far as stability is concerned. Sure the material is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs so water from the air and becomes a sticky goop. But if you freeze it in that state you're still solidifying all the molecules which is a better protection from degradation than any solution. To weigh my doses I just used the bottom part of a gel cap as a tare by weighing it first, and then used a small tipped screwdriver to place the material inside the cap. If you must use a solution to weigh your doses due to lack of a scale, I'd say use distilled water and then separate and freeze individual doses. Little is know about how stable this material is.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend recently took 18 mg of this 4-AcO-MiPT orally and he said this "My floor moved in rolling waves. I seemed to exist outside of my environment."

Here's his summary: Extremely visual, not terribly introspective (though I’m sure it is possible), slight body sickness, slight body trip.

I have recently received a sample of 4-AcO-MiPT, it is a brownish crystals, with a few large "clump" clusters that seem very hard. I could not crush the clump with my fingers through the plastic baggie. I decided to store it inside a second sealable baggie inside a tupperware container in the freezer. Has anyone else seen it this color?

I can say with 99% confidence that all of the 4-AcO-MiPT on the market was made by one chemist, who sold it to the varying people who sell it. For some reason, this batch is very hygroscopic (absorbs moisture) and that's what happens to it; it becomes clumpy, sticky, and brown. I managed to work with some still pretty fresh and made the mistake of opening the bag and it went from powerdy to gooey in a few minutes. But this seems to have no effect on potency or CNS effects. It's just a bitch to weigh on a scale.

This compound is my new found favorite. No body load, not even a tinge of nausea during the come-up. I always puke on psychedelics, always. It has a nice body high to it, not unlike MDMA, but not as energetic. It's erotic, I couldn't keep myself occupied enough in that sense, and it's VERY visual. This is one to do in the dark, I took it during the day and was disappointed with the visuals... However, upon going in the bathroom and turning off the light..... Marvelous!

It seems to last about 4-6 hours. But this is my first experience with it so we'll see. I'm not going to bother putting up a trip report, I didn't do anything all that exciting. This was just a curious taste that yielded awesome results. The real trip is yet to come.

And curiously enough, it didn't goop in the vial, it was a brown sugar looking crystal, and when I put it in the capsule, it didn't goo there either. But as soon as I put some in the pipe to smoke, it melted. Almost as though it knew its fate. And the vial is still a crystal, it's rather odd.

To answer the question that some of you may have had, this IS smokable, though I can't say what level it is active at. Probably about the same as oral, but that's speculation.

I edited this post: apparently I'm still intoxicated, it comes in waves. I typed 6-10 hours for duration, when I meant 4-6... It's a brief one, unfortunately. :(

Last edited: