View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
I recently gave a friend of mine some of this compound (the fumurate) and I asked him to write a trip report. :) If anyone has any information whatsoever or experiences with this stuff feel as free as a birdy to add to this thread. :)

Can someone estimate the dosage of this compound needed? It's not in tikhal either I think.

Ok, people. Discuss! :D

No idea. I'll go with 20 Mg one of these days. How long would the experience last?

about as long as psilacetin I would expect (2-3 hour peak with 2-3 hour slowly fading effects).

send 25mg to me and I'll bomb it down my throat asap! :D

There are some short, Tihkal like reports from the hive floating around for this compound, let me dig them up...

dosage for 4 aco met is 20 to 30 mg, I only tried 25 mg 2 times, but it seems to be a good dosage

dosage for 4 aco met is 20 to 30 mg, I only tried 25 mg 2 times, but it seems to be a good dosage

Remember you had the fumurate which could play a significant role in the dosage you took. Maybe a hcl salt of 4-ACO-MET would require less. Or was it more? I'm too high to remember myself right now but I felt this was rather important if we're going to disscus the dose. I wouldn't want for accidents to happen and feel guilty because I could have done something about it. That's just me.

Hey, Gaian Planes. You were right. 4-ACO-DALT is just lovely. =D I'll type up my "trip report" in a bit.

^^ HCL salts require a lower dosage than their corresponding fumarate salts.

I tried 4-aco-met a few days ago, although i'm not sure if it was 4-aco-met, could've been 4-ho-met, since it was very similar. 20mg was rather big dose for this chem, perhaps I had the HCl salt.. It felt like supercharged 4-ho-met, quicker and more intense. ~5mg intravenously was amazing, DMT-like visuals and wonderful euphoria. Shoot, wait 7 seconds -> bliss. I found my new favourite. I should be getting 500mg more soon, can't wait! I'd like to try 4-aco-dmt for comparison.

How close alike are 4-AcO-MET and 4-AcO-DET? Are they both very similar?
How similar are they to 4-HO-MiPT and 4-AcO-DMT?
I'm trying to get an idea of how different all of these chemicals are to one another, because I have access to 4-AcO-MET and 4-AcO-DET but I already have 4-HO-MiPT and I'll have 4-AcO-DMT very soon.
Are they all very close to the same effects?

How close alike are 4-AcO-MET and 4-AcO-DET? Are they both very similar?
I have never tried 4 aco met so i cant know for sure, but im willing to guess that there would be some similarities between the two but they would each still retain a unique quality about them that would make them different.

How similar are they to 4-HO-MiPT and 4-AcO-DMT?
Again they are similar but there are differences aswell.
IMO 4 aco dmt is closer to 4 aco mipt
and 4 ho mipt is more like 4 ho dmt (or mushrooms)

Are they all very close to the same effects?
They all have similarities with each other and mushrooms but are still unique.
Also the 4 ho tryptamine will be different than its acetate.

The only 4 ho tryptamine that seems to be different than the rest is 4 ho dipt (iprocin).

Check out the Comparisons of 4-HO/Aco Tryptamines thread for further info.

I have a small quantity of this compound and will be trying it out this upcoming weekend. I'll try to post a trip report because I've seen virtually no information on this substance whatsoever. I'm thinking of trying 20mg? Does that seem like a reasonable estimate? I have a fair bit of tripping experience (acid around 10 times, shrooms twice, 2c-i, 2c-e, DOC, and a few others) and I'm looking for a trip to rival the 2C-I trip I had a few days ago. Any thoughts or other peoples' experiences I could use to help me plan this trip?

Usually when I went looking for some experience to rival another I came out horribly disappointed. Just saying :)
Sorry but cant be of help with the dosage...

Dosed approximately 20mg and was feeling effects within an hour. Definitely a very gentle, easy come up. Things became significantly more colofful and took and a beautiful hue. Outside of this, however, visuals were surprisingly minimal and consisted only of things morphing into multiple layers, simple color changes, etc. The real main point of the trip was the emotional connectedness it put between my girlfriend and I. There are issues that have been plaguing us for our entire relationship, and last night it really seemed like we got rid of most of them, and achieved a much deeper level of personal communication that has carried over so far into today (she texted me that she loved me first thing in the morning today). Overall I would say this is a very interesting substance. 20mg was a bit of a low dose of 4-AcO-MET. This could've been because I had the fumarate or some such, though, I honestly don't know. My recommendations:

12-18mg - light trip with audio/color enhancement, perhaps some gigles, very "cliche" psychedelic, good for a first trip
20-28mg - this is where I think most psychedelics users are going to find a decent sweet spot, but I don't know yet
25-35mg - this could also end up being the sweet spot, depending on how hard you like to trip. more information is needed to even make accurate guesses.

Anyway, sorry there's no trip report, about an hour into the trip my girlfriend and I broke down into a teary-eyed confessional love and understanding fest and I forgot about all else until I was coming down. I assure you, though, this is a very interesting substance. Got minimal visuals from 20mg, but reminded me of low dose acid or shrooms. Definitely a tryptamine.

EDIT: Yes, I did mean 4-Aco-MET and it's been edited.

Last edited:
Another trial of ~22 or so mg tonight. Had 2 20mg caps left took one, then took a little more out of the other. Should I just go ahead and down the other and prepare for a hell of a night or should I stop it know and see where I land?

The first 4 position aco compound I've stumbled across (took 4 ho dipt once but had too much cross tolerance to gauge its effect at the time). I tried it a couple weeks ago, my first trip in more than a year, but for some reason I wasn't inspired to post about it until now.

That's not to say this stuff is not inspiring. I must say I like it very much. Can anyone compare it to 4 aco dmt or 4 aco mipt? (both of which I want to try very much, and may have the opportunity sometime soon).

Ate a sandwich about 1 hour before dosing. Dose ~25 mg. I was at a +2 in 30 minutes, +3 by 45 minutes. Very smooth, with some excitement/perhaps uneasiness on the comeup, but nothing close to anxiety, especially considering I hadn't tripped in so long, and I was by myself. Very visual. A good amount of morphing and tryptamine "breathing". But the CEV's, oh my! Distinct reptilian-like patterns enveloped me, through which my psyche was projected. I just sat back in awe, everything was so detailed, and the longer I gazed, the deeper I went.

When I opened my eyes, a similar pattern of colors danced in a spiral motion on my wall and ceiling, aided by the music I was listening to (Radiohead, which seemed appropriate).

Short-lived, but that is to be expected. I was almost at baseline within 5 hours, with some minor after effects. It had a sort of "laid-back intensity" if that makes sense. Interesting and enjoyable. Will most definitely explore at higher doses.

It looks like I will have the opportunity next month to combine it with mushrooms, in a cabin in the secluded north woods. The plan is to dose ~2 grams, then an as-of-yet undecided quantity of my new friend about an hour later. I'm sure you will hear back from me ;)

edit: I have the fumerate, fyi, which is what seems to be circulating at the moment. The powder has a subtle tan tint to it.
also body load was non-existent for me. no nausea or any negative physical symptoms detected. subtle after-glow the next day.

Last edited:
I didn't find it as short lived as most people claim to, I was still definitely not at baseline at 7hrs, though I did take 30mg. I really like this chem a lot. Very Ralph Steadman, IMO. People's faces looked extremely strange and stretched to odd proportions. Colors & lights were wild, pot greatly potentiated it, possibly due to the fact I've been smoking next to no pot for about 6 or 7 weeks now. I'd looked for this thread before and couldn't find it, ended up posting some info on this chem in the 4-HO-MET thread.