• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Five

@Buzz Lightbeer I agree 100% and will go as far as to say those good combos are consistently more therapeutic, comfortable, and enlightening trips than pretty much any other psych. To me those combos are more a "full psychedelic" than LSD. People love their cid and I've definitely had some amazing times, but I think people do a little bit of downplaying on how great the novel ones truly are. I suggest people start to learn to love em quick, cause nothings around forever. L is the standard because everyone knows it, and bwaaah orange moonshine or whatever, but in reality tryps and phens are way cooler ime (I know L has qualities of both, but it just is not selective enough for me to love)

There is both warmth and depth, in these combos. Whereas L feels cold and anxiety inducing at points.

PS: my most recent combo was 2cb-fly and 4acodmt, which was beyond chill and serene and perfect. 4acodmt was also great with Methallyescaline at one point as well.
This timing is quite good since earlier this week I had an amazing psychedelic experience on 4-HO-MiPT & 2C-D :) high dosages though, so to be expected.
I too have my own problems with LSD but maybe that changes with more trips on it, it's always fun but I feel that the mental hyperactivity is too much and counterproductive, along with a long long tail where I am so mentally drained and unable to relax into whatever I am doing.

I don't downplay though, I really love most of the psychedelic RCs, it's incredible how many are something that I'd qualify as a 'gem'. And yes, to anyone reading, I'd really consider throwing a (maybe just a little) 4 sub tryptamine in with the phen of choice. I'm glad you feel the same about this, because there are almost no combo reports anywhere, and I don't see anyone ever talking about it. I think if you get the dosage and setting right, the sum can be greater than it's parts, with a whole different vibe to the experience, depending on dosages ofc

I tried 2C-B-FLY once, but I didn't like it that much, it was too strong, at which point it felt like chaos and a lack of an underlying feel to the drug. I have MAL but haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, soon... I'll be experimenting with 4-AcO-DMT in combos too! Also soon =D
I always naturally went for 4-HO-MiPT as I felt that would fit both 2C-D and 2C-E very well, which it did.

Last edited:
Well, lucky you then. MAL+4-Aco-DMT was the only worthwhile endeavor I had with MAL. One of my fav combos of all time even. Hell, 4-Aco-DMT does well in combos altogether. Most 4 subs are, I suppose. I guess it depends on the substance and what I want from my trip whether I'd go for 4-AcO-DMT or 4-HO-MiPT. Though to be honest, the two aren't too far apart and it becomes a bit more muddy once you factor in synergistic effects of doing combos.

3-Meo-PCE (and MXE even more, but I promised myself that I'd stop being sentimental over that one lol) is also one that improved a lot by adding 4-Aco-DMT IME. Don't know why I haven't entertained a threesome of those yet, but looking back that is pretty much my dream combo.

Last edited:
I was just saying in my last post I have sort of a tolerance for insights but the ride of the psychdelic is still very much there after some years. Well I should not dare any substance with DMT in it's name. Last night I took 20 mgs being my 5th in 5 months time trying 4-ACO-DMT and had my best trip yet. I took it and 30 minutes later felt it strong so I took a bunch of hits of weed to kick off the come up. Very strong visual come up after that. While it may not be insights I certainly reached a place of peace I had not had in a good while, and an overwhelming feeling of being craddled and nurtured by Mother Nature and Universe that everything is just fine and always was. It was so clear I burst out laughing. Fear could not exist as I was seeing things very clearly and that dissipates fear. This was after a few weeks of total unfocused stress, worry and tiredness. The fact that such a place exists in me once I clear out the garbage thoughts is incredible. And it does have that feeling of calming and stilling the water so much that things can be seen clearly in reflection without the choppiness. I took a week off of work and it was the smartest thing I did, the second smartest was taking a sacrament.

So basically I would never think psychedelics are to be a stepping stone and then not needed. That would be like saying a computer is only good for a little while. A tool is a tool. Psychedelics have endless usage and whenever I hear someone say they don't need them anymore and are beyond them my next question would be when are you going to graduate beyond the computer too? :) You don't hang up phones, you don't hang up computers and you don't hang up psychedelics! They will always be a tool.

Last edited:
So if one has had 4 aco dmt that's about 3 years old and it's gone a brownish color-is this still safe to ingest? Other than that: optimal storage in a dark, sealed, under room temperature area. Everything I'm seeing is this due to oxidation but doesn't hurt to ask.

So if one has had 4 aco dmt that's about 3 years old and it's gone a brownish color-is this still safe to ingest? Other than that: optimal storage in a dark, sealed, under room temperature area. Everything I'm seeing is this due to oxidation but doesn't hurt to ask.

It's safe, and it also probably has not degraded potency wise. I once used 1yr old, black, oxidized from getting wet 4-Aco-DMT and it had not degraded, at all. I, unfortunately or fortunately, snorted 100mg of it. That was a hell of a trip.

It's safe, and it also probably has not degraded potency wise. I once used 1yr old, black, oxidized from getting wet 4-Aco-DMT and it had not degraded, at all. I, unfortunately or fortunately, snorted 100mg of it. That was a hell of a trip.
I did that once, i had a large psychedelic tolerance and was using with people who had even more, we kept doing bumps and eventually I had like 100-200mg. I remember all these "implanted memories" lifetimes that were not mine, then some very disturbed trapped spirits/souls begging for my help. I managed to fingerdip some flubromazepam and the trip ended and I entered a week long blackout. The death theme of the 4aco trip spawned into real life and I could have died crashing my car like 5 times, finally totaling it

Some of my most intense 4-AcO-DMT trips came from some stuff that started melting on me at an alarming rate. It was very hard to work with and weigh out so I ended up just carving off gooey dark brown chunks, and I tripped really intensely every night for almost a week. I learned a lot that week...

Ultimately 4-AcO-DMT has been the most reliably deep and meaningful chemical I have experienced, aside from Ayahuasca which is not nearly as easy.
A large percentage of my total psychedelic experiences are with Psilacetin. My favorite combo of all time was it with MXE. Strangely enough 4-AcO-DMT and 4-FA gave one of the most immersive trips I had ever experienced with full on molly rolls that would turn into mushroomy trip waves when they reached my brain. I gave that combo to one of my friends that liked to trip heavily and all he could say was "...what???...." over and over. I got to see his mind being blown by looking at grass and leaves n shit.

Need to get some more!

Yeah if you do give it a shot let us know. I have a little bit of this left and I have it stored in an air tight jar in a cool dry basement. I am leary of freezers. I know they work but I have ruined some hits of acid years ago with moisture. And acid has held up a few years in a jar in a cool room and not a freezer. But the 4-ACO-DMT is still white. I actually took out 18 mgs last Jan and just put it in a parchment paper just folded up in a drawer and that is still white too and it is not stored so well. But I also wonder if in a freezer it would still turn brown. I will see how long it can stay in almost open air and stay white.

Even so every post I have read, including @psy997 post has stated everything from white/brown powder to black goo is very active and still potent. I don't think any of the more current versions, fumerate, would turn all the way to a black goo. That seems to have been the HCL from some years back. But yeah, every post on black goo shows it was potent.

One thing I never understood about the whole pro drug debate is there is a notion that 4-ACO-DMT may convert to psilocin in the body. Or even the substance has speculated that it turned into psilocin. But I always understood psilocin to be very unstable, so even if it did it would probably still have to convert even more as that breaks down. But I am just pondering. I understand the knowledge on pro drug talk is still being formulated.

Some of those doses in this thread. :) Jeez, 18 mgs zoots me. I can not imagine taking 100 mgs.

Ive had alot of different batches of this drug and it's always been really strong without tolerance even the sandy batch i had many moons ago. Then i got that really white synth and it remained that way for years on ice. If you put it in an aber vial @JackARoe and then put it in box in freezer it will be fine. Just be sure that before you open it the vial comes up to room temperature. I usually set a timer for 2 hours to be safe otherwise moisture will devolop and fuck it up. Next time i take this one i will probably go for 50mgs orally and really try and crack a hole in the universe, its a top teir psychedelic one of my favorite Tryptamines by a longshot. I've used it Intravenously before but it gave me these chest pains after, i tripped crazy hard off 25mgs tho...but i got paranoid and went the hospital and all was fine. I never shot it again tho i just eat, plug or snort it.

Here in the Netherlands, and Europe 4-AcO-DMT is illegal. I've finally achieved 2x25mg capsules after a long search. I find 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-HO-MiPT extremely boring below 40mg. My best trip to date was 55mg 4-HO-MET + DCK. I tend to dose fairly high with tryptamines, DPT for example I explore the 125mg+ range. I'm not very prone to headspace, even 4g dried shrooms (only tried it once) I was rather clearheaded.

Since I probably wont encounter more 4-AcO-DMT than these 2x25mg capsules I have I think i'm probably safe dropping 50mg at once? For most it's high but keep in mind I find other tryptamines extremely mild below this dosage. I have hundreds of DMT experiences so I can handle some intensity.

If that's the case you should be fine. Be aware that you could possibly be tripping very hard, but it's still a manageable dose for me, quite amazing though, 4-AcO-DMT is quite different from shrooms and it makes your thoughts go crazy fast, mostly undirected and often to beautiful places :)

If that's the case you should be fine. Be aware that you could possibly be tripping very hard, but it's still a manageable dose for me, quite amazing though, 4-AcO-DMT is quite different from shrooms and it makes your thoughts go crazy fast, mostly undirected and often to beautiful places :)
Thanks. For some reason I found 4g shrooms extremely underwhelming. OEV's reminded me of a DMT comedown but nothing crazy. Almost zero CEV's...

Just found this article about 4-AcO-DMT that I found interesting and wanted to share with ypu guys. Actually getting couple more grams of this soon which im really happy about, its one of my favorite psychedelic drugs. I find it's therapeutic potential to be simply staggering, its pretty much an instant cure for depressive symptoms in my experience. It has greatly helped me over come the setbacks of bipolar disorder.

Thanks. For some reason I found 4g shrooms extremely underwhelming. OEV's reminded me of a DMT comedown but nothing crazy. Almost zero CEV's...
So I did 50mg 4-AcO-DMT without tolerance and found it extremely boring. Had some headspace but was still easy to handle. Close to none CEV's and less OEV's than 4g shrooms. N2o was a wild ride with it tho. 50mg 4-HO-MET gives me DMT realm style visuals. I guess my brain chemistry is just not made for psilo since I also found shrooms underwhelming at 4-4,5g.

Wow that is fascnating @hoxyz even with my enormes tolerance right now I can have full on trip at 30mgs with gorgeous visuals and a body high that is so nice and relaxing. If you disnt have this problem with shrooms id say it maybe your sample isnr whst its supposed to be. Have you tried other 4-sub's and do those work?

Wow that is fascnating @hoxyz even with my enormes tolerance right now I can have full on trip at 30mgs with gorgeous visuals and a body high that is so nice and relaxing. If you disnt have this problem with shrooms id say it maybe your sample isnr whst its supposed to be. Have you tried other 4-sub's and do those work?
I have done pretty much all the "decently known" psychedelics and 55mg 4-HO-MET + DCK was my best trip to date. I find <40mg 4-HO-MET extremely boring.

I've tried 4-AcO-DET at 30mg, was very boring. ++ i'd say.
I've tried 4-HO-MiPT at 35(?), same. T+2h I plugged 50mg 2C-D which only then it became somewhat fun. Tbh i'm done with expoloring the 4 subs since they are all boring, I don't see the point on trying another one since 4-HO-MET works fine. Maybe that 4-HO-DPT or something like that can bring something else, but haven't read much about that one. I think 4-PRO-DMT is maybe worthwhile but not avalaible here, but I think i've read that's is basically the same as 4-AcO-DMT, in that case I wouldn't try it.

I think i've tried one more 4-XXX-XXX but I can't remember currently. I guess my personal tolerance is just a tad bit higher. But I find it weird that I get close to DMT style CEV's on 50mg 4-HO-MET but almost zero on 50mg 4-AcO-DMT.

Not sure what my next psychedelic experience is going to be, but i'm debating on going 60-75mg of 4-HO-MET.

Damn weird, you must have a massive tolerance, 35mg 4-HO-MiPT and 50mg (!!!) of 2C-D plugged should’ve been much much more than ’somewhat fun’. 25mg 4-HO-MiPT and 40mg 2C-D orally had me tripping very very hard, top combo btw. 50mg of psilacetin was also one of my most amazing trips in terms of effects, multiple directed thought streams straight through the heart, incredible drug. I believe these doses are necessary to get the everything out of 4-AcO-DMT, I haven’t found the same to be true for 4-xxx-MET/MiPT where larger doses don’t really add all that much value, ymmv.
4-AcO-DMT really is in a place of its own among the 4 subs imo, the mental effects are so insane that I couldn’t care less about visuals.

I’m fairly sure 4-HO-DPT indeed brings something else, haven’t tried myself.
But your tolerance is for sure massive, you’re talking huge doses, 15mg often results in steady +++ for many.

Chiming in that oxidised 4-ACO-DMT, aka 4-ACO-DMT which starts going tannish, then brown then into an oil like substance from a white powder originally has no potency loss.

I've read discussions that propose the oxidization leads to at least some 4-HO-DMT in the oil. However I hope someone with more chemistry knowledge could confirm/discuss this. It appears some find the 4-ACO-DMT brown goo is more earthy in effect but I think placebo is so strong without a confirmation of 4-HO-DMT presence it's all in the mind.

Unfortunately I don't have access to any to send in for testing to confirm.

It's a real shame that good white powder of this is so hard to get now. It used to be much easier to insufflate a large dose. One of my favorite tryptamines.

4-HO-MET doesn't have much headspace at lower doses. However at higher doses (e.g. 80-100mg oral) it becomes a completely different animal and very DMT like along with feelings of entity contact that don't show their head at all in the low <=30mg oral doses. 4-ACO-DMT gets to this level on much less per mg but just gets deeper at the 80-100mg doses. Great experience if your comfortable.