• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Five

I once had dark grey 4-AcO-DMT. It was the little bit of material that had gotten wet in the baggie, been sequestered into a little paper container by me, and then left for 9-12 months. I ended up insufflating all of it - 95mg - thinking it was degraded and nope, not much if any at all. I tripped HARD that day.

I don't know what to say about product that comes that way, though.

I once had dark grey 4-AcO-DMT. It was the little bit of material that had gotten wet in the baggie, been sequestered into a little paper container by me, and then left for 9-12 months. I ended up insufflating all of it - 95mg - thinking it was degraded and nope, not much if any at all. I tripped HARD that day.

I don't know what to say about product that comes that way, though.

Yeah when I talk about degraded product I do not mean it in the sens of potency loss. I guess it probably takes a really long time to get noticeable potency loss. What I mean is a qualitative change as in more side effects, body load, general experience. In fact I think of anything it seems to hit even harder/faster in the beginning of the degradation process probably because of conversion to 4-HO-DMT. I'm not sure conversion to 4-HO alone is responsible for all the reactions stated above but I have never tried pure psilocin to compare. I know I never had that with mushrooms.

Never assume potency loss even when the product has changed a lot visually or you haf it for a long time. The post from psy 997 made me think of a similar story that happened to me years ago when I was getting into psychedelics. Someone had given me sugar cubes with a strong dose of LSD which I had only tried once yet at a very low dose. I kept the sugar cubes in my room exposed to air and everything for like a year. On a random weeknight me and the girlfriend I was with at the time decided to take the cubes being sure they had almost completely degraded and we would have a light buzz... Well 45 minutes later we realised that it hadn't loss potency at all... we were scared to death when it came on !

Is insufflating this worth it by the way?

I'd like to try it just to try it, but I don't want to exactly waste it.

Is insufflating this worth it by the way?

I'd like to try it just to try it, but I don't want to exactly waste it.

It works very well and is about 50% stronger, faster and last half the duration of oral. It is more DMT ish this way if you dose high enough with crazy visuals and possible entities visiting you. The only thing I find annoying with that is that powder always makes it to my lungs making me cough and wheeze a bit. I would advise dosing rectally for the same king of dosage/experience but much less side effects. I also do it by subcutaneous injection when I have needles and it is similar to rectal so you can also do it this way if you are into that kind of roa. I heard i.v is the shit like a dmt breakthrough that lasts an hour instead of 5 minutes. Never had the balls to try that yet...seems INTENSE.

Here's a small report I recently wrote describing part of an experience I had around 2-3 years ago. I wrote this to compare with another's experience on Reddit, but I figured I would post it here as well, because I'm eager to hear any interpretations of what exactly was happening in my brain. I had eaten something like 120-160 mg 4-ACO-DMT, and I was holing on a hefty dose of some dissociative or other (the time period's right for it to have been diphenidine, but I'm not sure).

some reddit user said:
I did not black out but it was other dimension with no body with just screaming and the fucking sound of the hipno- toad of Futurama (lol) and it was suffocating like when you run out of breath under water and this urge to get some fucking air...

For me, the state comprised
  • No conception of having/being a body; just point consciousness
  • Visual field a uniform nondescript cream color, with alternating red/green pulses (at seizure speed)
  • A low, distorted-sounding drone not entirely unlike hypnotoad
  • An unyielding and unvarying sensation of severe mind-shattering pain.
  • An absolute, unquestionable certainty that this scenario would remain exactly the same forever. To phrase it crudely in math terms: if U(t) is the state of the universe at time t, then I felt it deep inside my bones that U(t + 1) = U(t) for all t. The experiential system was internally static and there was no link to the universe-at-large (or even a notion of it) to provide a stimulus for perturbing the system.
It's unreal trying to remember experiencing this. My entire conscious mind was consumed by thoughts of I can't handle this for a single second longer over and over and over, like all my instincts were urging & begging me to make it stop, take a breath, come back to life, kill myself, do something to stop the pain, but there was absolutely no way for me to interact with any component of my experience. I don't know how long it went on subjectively, but it essentially felt unending, at least a few subjective hours to whatever degree time had meaning relative to that scenario. Realtime, I think I was holing for around 1-1.5 hours, and of course the first portion of that was occupied with the reality-disintegrating, down-the-drain death spiral narrative hallucination that actually led me to the state I was describing.

I didn't realize this until well after the experience, but from what I've described I think it could easily be framed as a manifestation of "hell", or some other Bad End afterlife. A vivid death hallucination, followed by uniform sensory torture and crippling pain that I knew to be everlasting, though that didn't allow me to resign myself to the experience and I couldn't relieve the pressure to fight to stop it.

On the bright side, in meatspace, I was just sitting down on the couch with my eyes closed and not doing anything stupid. Thanks, dissociatives!

Anyone seen anything with similarities to what I've described?

Here's a small report I recently wrote describing part of an experience I had around 2-3 years ago. I wrote this to compare with another's experience on Reddit, but I figured I would post it here as well, because I'm eager to hear any interpretations of what exactly was happening in my brain. I had eaten something like 120-160 mg 4-ACO-DMT, and I was holing on a hefty dose of some dissociative or other (the time period's right for it to have been diphenidine, but I'm not sure).

For me, the state comprised
  • No conception of having/being a body; just point consciousness
  • Visual field a uniform nondescript cream color, with alternating red/green pulses (at seizure speed)
  • A low, distorted-sounding drone not entirely unlike hypnotoad
  • An unyielding and unvarying sensation of severe mind-shattering pain.
  • An absolute, unquestionable certainty that this scenario would remain exactly the same forever. To phrase it crudely in math terms: if U(t) is the state of the universe at time t, then I felt it deep inside my bones that U(t + 1) = U(t) for all t. The experiential system was internally static and there was no link to the universe-at-large (or even a notion of it) to provide a stimulus for perturbing the system.
It's unreal trying to remember experiencing this. My entire conscious mind was consumed by thoughts of I can't handle this for a single second longer over and over and over, like all my instincts were urging & begging me to make it stop, take a breath, come back to life, kill myself, do something to stop the pain, but there was absolutely no way for me to interact with any component of my experience. I don't know how long it went on subjectively, but it essentially felt unending, at least a few subjective hours to whatever degree time had meaning relative to that scenario. Realtime, I think I was holing for around 1-1.5 hours, and of course the first portion of that was occupied with the reality-disintegrating, down-the-drain death spiral narrative hallucination that actually led me to the state I was describing.

I didn't realize this until well after the experience, but from what I've described I think it could easily be framed as a manifestation of "hell", or some other Bad End afterlife. A vivid death hallucination, followed by uniform sensory torture and crippling pain that I knew to be everlasting, though that didn't allow me to resign myself to the experience and I couldn't relieve the pressure to fight to stop it.

On the bright side, in meatspace, I was just sitting down on the couch with my eyes closed and not doing anything stupid. Thanks, dissociatives!

Anyone seen anything with similarities to what I've described?

Damnnn that experience seemed HEAVY !! I had two pretty profound mystical experiences with somewhat high doses taken rectally but the dosages were nowhere as high as yours and there was no dissociatives in the mix. I can't imagine the experience you describe as anything less than totallly overwhelming !

Wow that's so intense. Welcome man, hell of a second post. 8o

Just had the most terrifying experience of my life....

Word of caution : when injecting I.M or sub-q, alwaus register to make sure there is no blood and you are not hitting a vein.... I should have known that and am not proud of myself to have skipped that step...

So yesterday I had an interview for a promotion at my job that went well so I decided to treat myself with a little 4-aco-dmt. Since it was getting late I decided to take it sub-q for a shorter duration.

So I load up the seringe with 15 mg which is pretty smooth taken sub-q with a potency a bit more than nasal or rectal but not by much. So I insert the seringe under my skin and press the plunger. Than I take it out and realise the shot is like way to clean. With sub-q I always get a lump under my skin after the shot but not this time. Absolutely no lump and no burn... I was like FUCK, I must have shot it directly in a vein. And from what I had read 4-aco I.V is another beast in intensity.

So I raced to my bed to lay down and turned off the lights but I was not prepared for what was about to happend. I was assaulted by the most chaotic and menacing soup of visuals I had ever had. Eyes opened or closed was the same. I could not even umderstand where I was in space, where was up, down, left or right.

So I stumbled around in my appartment to find a light switch which was very very difficult. When I finally got to the light switch I though turning on the lights would calm things down. Boy was I wrong... my appartment looked like a fucking doll house and everything looked like it was made from cheap plastic. Even my dog looked like a toy (thank god I had my dog as it was the only confirmation I was still alive.)

Then I looked in the mirror and was pupils were bigger than I have ever seen them but the scary part is I looked swollen all over, my fingers looked like water balloons ( I think it was the visuals but it looked very real at the time). I was like fuck thats it im foing to die ita a matter of time before the edema makes my brain swell and kill me. Anyway I was able to remain fairly calm and tried to find a solution to end this but had intermittent waves of total panic and had a hard time thinking straight. I was dancing in my appartment while thinking because I thought moving would get rid of the edema.

Fuck, I had no benzos left I took my last one the day before for the interview. Than in an act of god I remembered I had a few seroquels in y drawer which were very very difficult to find. Found one and munched it and it reduced the intensity but not that much bit enough that I could think straight and find the 3 other ones which I munched immediately. I slowly came back to reality over the next hour.

So yeah, this kind of dumb mistake always remind's me that harm reduction steps should never be skipped no matter how experienced you are. Today I am feeling fine and no sign of any lasting trauma so all is good. But fuck is 4-aco-dmt I.V scary as fucking hell !

Was curious and ordered 4-aco-dmt in freebase form. I was unsure how it would work smoked because I have not really found any reports on it. I am here to report that it does work.

It is not easy to handle because it becomes an oil at room temperature (it becomes hard in the freezer but you have to cut a chunk and weight it quickly before it melts). Tried a 40 mg chunk that I put in a meth pipe. It vaporises very well like you would expect with a freebase tryptamine. I did not vaporise the whole 40 mg as it began hitting very hard and fast halfway through. Pretty intense DMT-like rush and visuals. Will try again at different doses.

Finally got a chance to try this. So naturally I went to all the big and dandy's before hand only to find I am a very late comer to this wonderful substance.

First try was with 19 mgs. That brought me to a ++ and almost a +++. It was enough to refresh me with an afterglow of about 2 days which was much needed. The next time was 25 mgs..and that was plenty for a +++ with a ton of insights. I find the come up smooth. Not harsh at all although 25. mgs jarred me a little. An hour into both trips I took a few tokes of some Mendo Breath cannabis since that only takes me two tokes for a strong high. Smoking always kicks in a trip for me. I basically laid in a bed very comfortably with head phones on and let my mind be the playground. (The first time my wife ever took a psychedelic was 18 mgs of 2CB and said it was like a swingset for the mind lol) 6 hours later was down and knocked myself out with 2 mgs etizolam. Gone are the days I can get to sleep after a trip without a sedative.

I find the substance a valuable tool, very pretty visuals, like people said similar to the come up of a light DMT trip. Also for me it was like mushrooms later on after the first 2 hours. I have not tried an RC tryptamine for well over 10 years so it was a nice treat.

Anyone noticed a long-ass tolerance to 4aco? I find if you try taking it every week the effects decrease massively. Once a month is my premium for 4aco.

@Ismene2 I feel like every psych is kinda like that to me. Definitely get diminishing returns doing it weekly ime. Still believe this is one is the crown jewel and I personally only take it once every couple months. Any more would dull the novelty. Still delivers the mental refresh I need every time.

It's the undisputed kingI - nothing comes close. Only drawback I find is I sometimes feel a bit tired and sluggish on it. Have you ever tried 4-ho-met? gonna give that a go as soon as it arrives.

With the 4sub tryptamines I mostly found this one and stuck with it. Know I've tried 4-aco-met, and I believe 4-ho-mipt as well. Nothing that stood out at the time for me really. For me this one's pretty smooth in basically every fashion, physically anyway. Mentally can be wonky of course but usually a happy landing. Combines perfectly with Phenethylamines imo as well

I have found that 4-HO-MiPT combines perfectly with 2C-x (well I tried it with 2C-D and 2C-E both once) as well. It's got a little less headspace than 4-AcO-DMT, and is more flashy and euphoric, it's a really amazing drug. I'll have to try adding 4-AcO-DMT sometime, which 2C-x do you like combining it with?

A phen + 4-sub makes for quite the different experience to both compounds, but I have also found that synergy is there :)

I have nEver combined 2cs with 4 subs but 4acodmt combines well with both 4acomet and 4homipt. I find they seems to round each other out... both mentally (to me 4acomet and 4homipt both seem more placid) and physically (I find 4acodmt rather sluggish physically where the others are almost stimulating)

@Buzz Lightbeer I agree 100% and will go as far as to say those good combos are consistently more therapeutic, comfortable, and enlightening trips than pretty much any other psych. To me those combos are more a "full psychedelic" than LSD. People love their cid and I've definitely had some amazing times, but I think people do a little bit of downplaying on how great the novel ones truly are. I suggest people start to learn to love em quick, cause nothings around forever. L is the standard because everyone knows it, and bwaaah orange moonshine or whatever, but in reality tryps and phens are way cooler ime (I know L has qualities of both, but it just is not selective enough for me to love)

There is both warmth and depth, in these combos. Whereas L feels cold and anxiety inducing at points.

PS: my most recent combo was 2cb-fly and 4acodmt, which was beyond chill and serene and perfect. 4acodmt was also great with Methallyescaline at one point as well.

Last edited:
Anyone noticed a long-ass tolerance to 4aco? I find if you try taking it every week the effects decrease massively. Once a month is my premium for 4aco.

I too this year stumbled upon this wonderful substance. Only took it 4 times in 3 months with weeks in between so it did always work strongly. Settled on 20 mgs as good for me for now and that is pretty strong. But not a tolerance that I get, but I notice as I get older I almost get a tolerance to insights with any psychdelic, even DPT. LIke I am tripping and getting insights but notice I get the same insights without tripping. I just get the ride, which in itself is wonderful with music and all. But the last 8 years when I trip and get an insight I know I would have had that thought anyway. So naturally that silly saying comes to mind, when you get the message hang up the phone (your favorite saying Ismene lol not trying to stir it up I promise). But I will always check in with psychedelcs and always pick up the phone (and I don't drink! lol). And if I only get the ride that is fine. In my normal waking state I can have some very large thoughts too.

Last edited: