• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

I just found I still have some maybe 50mgs or so but it's degraded into a black chunky powder. Do you think it's still even active; it was stored well but I know tryptamines aren't that stable and from past experience degraded tryptamines tend to produce uncomfortable trips. Thinking of maybe trying to plug a tiny dose just to test it out.

Yeah I would still take it. I'm going to be doing my first 4-AcO-DET trial tommorow. Probably will take 1-2mgs early in the day and if all goes well with the allergy im gonna dose 6-7mgs more a couple hours later. Just really trying to see what I'm working with at this point.

Phenethylo J if I was in your shoes id probably take it more than likely. The stuff I have is from a fresh synth and it's a very white color. Did your start off this way and slowly turn to Black. I'm going to keep it frozen so I hope it's gonna last.

Thanks for the link kaleida. I find 4-ho-det more warm and positive than 4-aco-det so it's neat that it converts to it. It was a light tannish brown when I first got it; kinda between the first two pics on the left.
Opened the bag Looked closer and saw it was more of a very dark brown than black now. Turned out to be exactly 50mgs. Prob will take it tomorrow with some mxe.

It is definitely true that acetoxy esters do convert to their hydroxy counterparts in vivo. However it's likely that the acetoxy esters are also able to cross the BBB and are active in their own right. My theory on why there is a variance in effects, but just for some people (some people, like myself, find the AcO and HO versions to be substantially different, especially in some like 4-AcO and 4-HO-DMT), is that depending on individual metabolic factors, some people convert the AcO to the HO pretty completely before it is able to cross the BBB, hence they are mostly or completely getting the effects of the HO version. Whereas others convert it more slowly so they're getting much of their dose as the AcO itself. There is no way you could convince me I wouldn't be able to almost instantly tell 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-DMT apart (I have had pure 4-HO-DMT a handful of times to compare, besides just mushrooms which have additional differences). It's not just a difference in absorption speed, 4-AcO-DMT feels just like smoked DMT, but much slower and less intense. Whereas 4-HO-DMT does not. As soon as it starts to hit I can tell because it feels like I just toked some DMT but it's unfolding at like 100 times slower speed. But some people say 4-AcO-DMT feels exactly the same as mushrooms/4-HO-DMT.

Yeah I would still take it. I'm going to be doing my first 4-AcO-DET trial tommorow. Probably will take 1-2mgs early in the day and if all goes well with the allergy im gonna dose 6-7mgs more a couple hours later. Just really trying to see what I'm working with at this point.

Phenethylo J if I was in your shoes id probably take it more than likely. The stuff I have is from a fresh synth and it's a very white color. Did your start off this way and slowly turn to Black. I'm going to keep it frozen so I hope it's gonna last.
Did you ever end up trying this one out, Charlie?

Did you ever end up trying this one out, Charlie?

Yeah I ended up taking 4-AcO-DET a number of times, in the 25-30mg range I liked it most and it was pretty visual and euphoric. Less of a mindfuck than 4-AcO-DMT as in not really forceful. Had this eerie sorta feeling to it when I dosed lower amounts and a dark sorta vibe. But when you pushed the dose it was more similar to the other 4-Subs. I'd given out parts of my sample to other two of my friends so that they would get to try it out also, I think I'd ended up eating 250mgs over a few months. I'd like to try 4-HO-DET at some point in the future and see how it compares.

~Cosmic Charlie

Last edited:
Have tried 4AcO-det in the dosage range from 7-50mg and was always satisfied with its effects. It’s not the best acylated tryptamine out there but definitely a good go to tryptamine that always produces solid effects.

Yeah I ended up taking 4-AcO-DET a number of times, in the 25-30mg range I liked it most and it was pretty visual and euphoric. Less of a mindfuck than 4-AcO-DMT as in not really forceful. Had this eerie sorta feeling to it when I dosed lower amounts and a dark sorta vibe. But when you pushed the dose it was more similar to the other 4-Subs. I'd given out parts of my sample to other two of my friends so that they would get to try it out also, I think I'd ended up eating 250mgs over a few months. I'd like to try 4-HO-DET at some point in the future and see how it compares.

~Cosmic Charlie
and...
how would you compare it with 4-ho-mipt and 4-ho-met? maybe something in the middle?
I do like the earthy alien-ness of shrooms but sometimes I prefer the sharp perspective of 4-ho-mipt (more than the giggly-ether-void of ho-met..).
Does it has any specific traits that other tryptamines doesn't (or not so distinctively)?

and...
how would you compare it with 4-ho-mipt and 4-ho-met? maybe something in the middle?
I do like the earthy alien-ness of shrooms but sometimes I prefer the sharp perspective of 4-ho-mipt (more than the giggly-ether-void of ho-met..).
Does it has any specific traits that other tryptamines doesn't (or not so distinctively)?

It's a lot like DPT (lol). More so than any other tryptamine I've tried in the ways that are really meaningful, including 4-HO-DPT. Smoking 30 mg of 4-AcO-DET gave me open eye visuals that were the most like so-called "true hallucinations" of any psychedelic I've ever ingested except for extremely high dosages of LSD, and they were still more complex than those visuals on LSD are. It was like seeing Renaissance paintings of an alternating angelic and demonic netherworld plastered on the walls around me and coming to life like in Harry Potter. I've literally never experienced anything else like it. 4-HO-MiPT and 4-HO-MET are both poor comparisons other than the fact that they're all very active 4-substituted tryptamines with some general similarities that most drugs in that class share, although when thinking about a comparison to 4-HO-MET, it seems easiest to grasp how they may both draw somewhat from the same well of strong visuals, but they still have pretty different styles in the end. 4-AcO-DET and 4-HO-DET for me are the 4-substituted tryptamines that are the most alike mushrooms yet at the same time the most lax and sort of dissociative alike 4-HO-DPT, which I guess isn't that surprising. I personally think anyone is missing out if they want to see what all 4-substituted tryptamines can do but skip the DETs.

Smoking 30 mg of 4-AcO-DET gave me open eye visuals that were the most like so-called "true hallucinations" of any psychedelic I've ever ingested except for extremely high dosages of LSD, and they were still more complex than those visuals on LSD are. It was like seeing Renaissance paintings of an alternating angelic and demonic netherworld plastered on the walls around me and coming to life like in Harry Potter. I've literally never experienced anything else like it.
That sounds both awesome and shocking...!

Then which one I could skip? I thought in trying DPTs and DETs first, then perhaps trying DiPTs. Which are your favourites?

That sounds both awesome and shocking...!

It was incredible and somehow not alarming in the slightest, which is part of the point I was trying to get at with this type of psychedelic in the 4-HO-DPT thread. It was terribly "dark" but only in theme, not in feeling. The trip was ridiculously smooth and easy for what it was. I took a shower and brushed my teeth while all that was going on.

Then which one I could skip? I thought in trying DPTs and DETs first, then perhaps trying DiPTs. Which are your favourites?

That's a slightly complex question that depends on the substitution in question.

DiPT itself is highly novel and interesting for obvious reasons but you really shouldn't even consider it unless you want your trip to be one that focuses on its unique auditory components. There is more to it than that too but that will play a dominant role and it makes hard to compare and contrast with other psychedelics overall. In general though I am a fan of the DiPTs, but they're a bit different from the DETs and DPTs. All isopropyl tryptamines I've tried (the base, 4-HO, and 5-MeO of both the MiPTs and DiPTs as well as specifically just 5-MeO-EiPT) seem to have a handful of qualities that they relatively share and which somewhat distinguish them from tryptamines with straight chains (methyl, ethyl, propyl) which they also otherwise have some but not all of the shared qualities of in my experience. It's not the easiest thing to put into words but I tend to say that their ratio and style of effects tend to remind me somewhat more of lysergamides and phenethylamines than other tryptamines do and less so of other tryptamines than I usually expect. They do share a certain depth with other tryptamines nonetheless. This dichotomy tends to work extremely well in their favor as the overall package tends to be a little bit unlike anything else you can find. I find the sensory visuals they produce to be highly ornate, often quite digital, and relatively uniquely colored, although they're significantly easier to get on the MiPTs than the DiPTs. The visuals of DiPT and 4-HO-DiPT are actually astoundingly silver for me in a way unlike anything else I've encountered, although 5-MeO-DiPT's visuals are very red for me similarly to those of 5-MeO-MiPT. Something that stands out about the DiPTs to me is that they all have the capacity to be weirdly sexually stimulating for psychedelics, and I don't mean they're necessarily sexy in and of themselves like I usually mean about psychedelics, I mean they will directly make you very horny regardless (or they can, at least). People think this about the MiPTs and tell themselves 5-MeO-MiPT must be a fine 5-MeO-DiPT replacement but it's really not the same. The DiPTs in general also seem to be somewhat forgiving mentally although it is very possible to get too high to remember or tell what's going on on them and they can hit you pretty hard especially when they first kick in, which the non-base ones tend to do particularly quickly even when taken orally.

Aside from some of the ratios of visual to visionary effects in certain examples, the DETs are stylistically more alike the DiPTs for me than the DPTs are. They can be kind of weirdly sexually stimulating but tend to get bogged down in being more classically mushroom-like instead than the DiPTs do, but do still have a bit of LSD- and phenethylamine-likeness, more so with the former I would say though whereas the DiPTs lean heavier into the latter. I've only tried 4-HO-DET and 4-AcO-DET though, so my perspective on them is limited to the 4-substituted tryptamines. In general, I think I would have to say it would be easier for me to compare the DETs and DiPTs and part of a decision between them and the DPTs would be easy for me to figure based on the context of the trip I wanted. If you want something that's going to be more like the speed and duration of DMT and powerful in that base tryptamine sort of way, even if not the same kind of trip, you should pretty much go for DPT. 4-HO-DPT is on the other end of the scale, its speed and duration will be more like mushrooms but the trip will be notably different, and I described it elsewhere already, but basically I wouldn't choose it unless I wanted something more laid back and visionary but easygoing, and good for just chilling and feeling good on. If you do want something that feels more like a classical psychedelic trip instead, I would be inclined to go with either one of the DETs or one of the DiPTs over one of the DPTs. The DETs will likely be more obviously unique from the classics nonetheless than the DiPTs are but not necessarily in a way that's fun, I would choose them in particular if you're more interested in something that might cut deep but be worthwhile in the end. The DiPTs have this potential too but they're more likely to be recreational in my experience. I would probably say something like if you want something more like mushrooms go for the DETs, if you want something more like LSD go for the DiPTs, and if you want something more unique from either go for the DPTs.

5-MeO-DiPT may be my favorite of all of these molecules, although I worry about it making me go insane now. It's the one that reminds me the most of the kind of trip I fell in love with.

I
DiPT itself is highly novel and interesting for obvious reasons but you really shouldn't even consider it unless you want your trip to be one that focuses on its unique auditory components. There is more to it than that too but that will play a dominant role and it makes hard to compare and contrast with other psychedelics overall. In general though I am a fan of the DiPTs, but they're a bit different from the DETs and DPTs. All isopropyl tryptamines I've tried (the base, 4-HO, and 5-MeO of both the MiPTs and DiPTs as well as specifically just 5-MeO-EiPT) seem to have a handful of qualities that they relatively share and which somewhat distinguish them from tryptamines with straight chains (methyl, ethyl, propyl) which they also otherwise have some but not all of the shared qualities of in my experience. It's not the easiest thing to put into words but I tend to say that their ratio and style of effects tend to remind me somewhat more of lysergamides and phenethylamines than other tryptamines do and less so of other tryptamines than I usually expect. They do share a certain depth with other tryptamines nonetheless. This dichotomy tends to work extremely well in their favor as the overall package tends to be a little bit unlike anything else you can find. I find the sensory visuals they produce to be highly ornate, often quite digital, and relatively uniquely colored, although they're significantly easier to get on the MiPTs than the DiPTs. The visuals of DiPT and 4-HO-DiPT are actually astoundingly silver for me in a way unlike anything else I've encountered, although 5-MeO-DiPT's visuals are very red for me similarly to those of 5-MeO-MiPT. Something that stands out about the DiPTs to me is that they all have the capacity to be weirdly sexually stimulating for psychedelics, and I don't mean they're necessarily sexy in and of themselves like I usually mean about psychedelics, I mean they will directly make you very horny regardless (or they can, at least). People think this about the MiPTs and tell themselves 5-MeO-MiPT must be a fine 5-MeO-DiPT replacement but it's really not the same.
Incredibly detailed report, it really shows your experience and rigour while analyzing compounds...
I'm quite interested in DiPT itself cause I see myself more an acoustic person than a visual person, I would prefer to be blind (or at least to see badly) than to be completely deaf, that would block a very important part of myself.
Never tried any DiPT, DETs or DPTs but I'm interested in those, more than let's say MPT or EPT.
I've read that Foxy could be even more sexual than Moxy and for that's saying much cause I get really horny on 5-meo-mipt, at least in high-ish doses, it affects my libido and enhances a lot of aspects of the erotic experience, including imagination. The problem I see with the sexual aspect of Moxy is that its headspace is slightly dissociating, so I'm never 100% fully into it.
I would like to see if the DiPT is different in that respect and more bodily oriented, since MiPTs tend to be, for me, quite balanced between body and mind, and ho-mipt probably more mental than body oriented (but I've been hit by sudden horniness in high doses of 4-ho-mipt too). I've had silvery visuals with ho-mipt, very beautiful, once.
How's the headspace for the DiPTs?

I would take your advices in mind when ordering, probably I'll do soon so I can select a couple things to try, I love trying new tryptamines and psychs in general. Probably could get 1 of each, 4-ho-dpt, 4-ho-det and 5-meo-dipt.
I will wait a bit to do the base trypts I aim for first: MET and DiPT.

It was incredible and somehow not alarming in the slightest, which is part of the point I was trying to get at with this type of psychedelic in the 4-HO-DPT thread. It was terribly "dark" but only in theme, not in feeling. The trip was ridiculously smooth and easy for what it was. I took a shower and brushed my teeth while all that was going on.
Oh! forgot about this part..
I thought, when I read it, that I've lived those moments, where you cannot believe what you are seeing and how crazy/creepy it IS but you somehow don't feel any sense of panic or dread, it's just there and you're "interested" in seeing how it can develop, like in a very neutral way.
I think this is related, sometimes, with the serenity psychs tend to manifest (in me at least) and also the body high. In fact I think I would have gone crazy if DMT didn't have a totally blissful body high that sustain you in the feeling of total power/inviolability, because otherwise I don't know how I would felt while watching those totally otherworldly visions.