• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 3C-P Thread

Yesterday there was a nice warm dry day and I decided to go on a bike ride and take 43mg of 3C-P. A day before that I've sampled it at 0.5-3mg to do an allergy test.

The 3C-P powder that was obtained from a trusted and tested source appeared very similar looking to 3-FPM (3-FluoroPhenMetrazine - an entactogenic stimulant) - same white scaly crystally looking powder, but 3C-P is a bit whiter, so I naturally was suspicious and decided to carefully sample it by taste (about 1mg or less) - 3-FPM is a bit salty, caustic and not very bitter, whereas 3C-P powder has characteristic phenethylamine bitterness to it that persists.

Plan to purchase new reagents for testing in the near future so I can avoid guessing.

Subject: 170Lbs male with extensive psychoactives research, phenethylamines, tryptamines and beyond. Previous psychoactive substance taken was 30mg 4-FA with 60mg 5-APDB at the concert more than a week ago. Decided to follow an advice and eat something light before taking 3C-P, in retrospect - great idea with this one!

Set & setting: Biking alone on deserted trails in the wilderness, partly in public, middle of day, feeling comfortable, curious about experience.

Dose: 43mg (measured on a decent milligram scales with +/- 1mg) of 3C-P (3,5-dimethoxy-4-(n)-propoxy-Amphetamine) in a gel cap.

Experience:

T=00:00 - Loaded 43mg of 3C-P in a capsule, took some cannabis and my trusty pipe with me, took my mountain bike, loaded some Wooden Shjips and Moon Duo playlists on the phone to listen while riding and decided to start going for as long as I would want. Also, after reading that by itself 3C-P may be lacking psychedelia, decided to take with me a blotter of 1P-LSD as well - never used it :D

T+00:30 -
Perhaps light alerts, some nausea, but since I'm biking, not really feeling it that much. It's a great feel to be on the bike and with psychedelics it always brings out childishness amazements, sense of novelty and discovery %)

T+01:00 - Definitely alerts, come up is somewhat simialr to MDMA, 6-APD and 5-APDB with light persistent nausea and a light feeling of disorientation, also a familiar feeling of mescaline's warm energy started to emerge.

T+02:00 - Still climbing, slowly reaching ++ by Shulgin's scale. At this point external stimulis becoming a bit annoying. Killing the music and just enjoying the sounds of nature. Birds chirping and river flows - beautiful!.. Definitely feeling energy building up in me, also still a little dizziing feeling of being slightly drunk.

T+03:00 - Finally! Im peaking and very nicely - it comes in waves of mental and bodily euphoria and all I need to do is to relax my thought process! Lights becoming sparklier, my body feels very light, tingly and becoming tired actually feels quite pleasurable. If I were a woman I'd probably have couple orgasms at this point as the sense of touch became ultimately nice and throbbing...8)
I dont even notice that I've gone through about 25 miles of trails and still kept going.

T+03:30 - Stopped next by the river, layed down on the rock and smoked some cannabis... At this point I'm tripping and I'm tripping quite hard. I feel that I can't keep myself "sober" and started to overanalyze myself as being quite inadequate to talk to people - strange desire to do something weird and shocking in public was ovepowering me so I started concentrating on breathing which evntually calmed me down. The trippyness was somewhat similar to Mescaline, MAL (Methallylescaline) and 2C-P.
After a little break decided to bike a little more as I still was not feeling tired at all.

T+04:00 - Damn, I'm too high to continue going, I just realized that I biked out for about 30 miles out, perhaps even more and its starting to get dark and cold and I need to bike back down. Didn't even feel like I need that 1P-LSD as I was thinking about to go to the natural spa nearby and soak there after the bike ride and I was feeling strongly high already.
Feeling huge increase in energy and some alarming heart rate so I slowed down and put on "Beach House" and "Washed Out" playlist - perfect for amphetamine euphoric psychedelic, and slowly started rolling back to where I started.

T+04:30 - Going donwhill was so euphoric!.. The images around me were getting smoothed with visual trails which was pretty to observe and I felt very empowered, I felt great! =D

T+05:00 - I have noticed that with this chemical at this dosage it's starting to become hard to deal with any external stimuli, even thinking started to kinda "hurt" me. And out of the sudden, a huge and smelly Jimmy Jones club tuna sub sandwich appears in my mind's eye so powerful, bright and real that I start salivating profusely - the hunger becomes all-encompassing feeling and the only desire to reach. So I start pedaling harder...

T+6:00 - Stimulation, along with tiredness, muscle soreness, hunger and still going psychedelic effects made me reach my base a lot sooner - I load my bike in my truck and sit inside to catch some breath. Some chest pressure is observed. My pupils are plate-sized, wide opened eyes, looks like I just took 150mg of MDMA, I'm also twitchy, paranoid and slightly delusional, looking quite insane compared to the standard of "normal looking person".

T+06:30 - I feel that the speediness is still increasing, besides I started to feel cold in my extremities so I rushed into the spa.

Im quite used to be really high on different forms of amphetamines, LSD and both in public but this compound rendered me completely out of it - it took an enormouos effort to look "normal", take out the wallet and simply pay the fee for the entrance and get a towel. I felt that evryone and everything was talking about me, thinking about me and looking at me - your typical amphetamine paranoia with psychosis emerging :sus:

T+07:00 - Trying to be calm and just lay there at the spa - dark stone walls, water dripping everywhere, hard to notice details around as everything seems to be swirling together, in and out. Time is warped too, hard to say how long I was inside for. People near me make me a bit stressed but I'm starting not to care - catching another wave of euphoria and... catching my heart rate going up through the roof again so I get out of the steam room and trying to chill on the recliner in the dry sun room. Hard to stay still at this point, plus the tuna sandwich came back to my mind again and have been drilling holes in my sanity...8(

T+08:00 - Very, very stimulated. Body tremors and shaky hands, one more set at the steam room, taking shower and getting out of there.

T+08:30 - Calling my girlfriend as I am not able to drive at this condition at all. Hands shaking, can't hold still, twitchy, the tuna sandwich stuck in my mind.... I wished for benzos, Validol, anything just to calm me down but nothing was handy and I had to wait. :(

T+09:00 - My girlfriend finally arrives and we take off and immediately stop by the sub shop and get a sandwich and a sprite. My senses are overloading with smells and anticipation of food, it's almost impossible! I feel like a dorky dog who got his favorite food but cant eat it because of overexcitation :D
I try eating and it takes lots of effort to just bite it, but oh God, it was delicious! With all the hot peppers goodness... After about 15 minutes of nibbling on the sub I feel significantly better.

T+09:30 - ...And then, Snap! All of the sudden I understand how things work around me, how people think most of the times, how automatic and autonomuos our society is. I feel super empathetic and I say to my GF how much I love her and how much she means to me and it makes me feel so free... Im happy again :)

T+10:00 - Finally home, taking 500mg of Validol, Scullcap and Valerian extracts. Getting a six pack of Czech beer and full collection of Invaders (60s show about aliens) ready!..

Smoking weed and drinking cold ones feel awesome! I'm so grateful for little things that life grants us!
Visual activity subsided, along with psychedelic mind set, stimulation had let go a bit but was still noticeable for the next 6 hours.

T+17:00 - Took 150mg of 5-HTP and 100mg of L-Theanine along with hot shower and was finally able to start falling asleep.

6 hours later I was up already and in good moods. Some remaining residual stimulation and anti-depressant effect is observed throughout the following day.

Conclusion and thoughts:
Very interesting compound! I think I want to take it in a lot less hectic setting, and definitely lesser dosage as I think 3C-P's beauty is in it's entactogenic and stimulating properties. So, thinking of 25mg for my next time and not so much of a physical strain.

Also noticed quite interesting staged pattern of trip development (could be affected by intense biking in my case):

* First three hours - setting in, a little nauseous and drunk.

* Three to Seven hours in - the actual trip, it's pretty heavy on sensory overload so better be prepared! Very sensual too!.. :)

* Seven to Nine hours - intense coming down from the trip and setting in entactogenic amphetamine mode - better be prepared and be with loved ones, preferably in the safe place.

* Nine to Seventeen hours - entactogenic amphetamine mode. This is the perfect time for chilling in a company of friends, having jokes, beers, watching movies, playing games - all this activities feel greatly enhanced!

Im thinking about combination of 3C-P and perhaps ETH-LAD, or some "slower" tryptamines. Also will take it in combination with Proscaline and write up about it!

Thank you for reading friends and be safe!

Wow, this is great timing as I have some 3C-P coming shortly. Same place I got my 3C-E from. I actually tried 3C-P once years back, I was addicted to opiates at the time and I tended to not react too well to psychedelics then, and I remember I took 40mg (I think) and didn't trip too hard, but it lasted forever and gave me an absolutely crushing headache, it was so bad. I've been wanting to try it again, because I have really enjoyed my 3C-E. I like it in lower dosages because the stimulation becomes quite intense (as you describe here with 3C-P) when you dose higher. My impression is that 3C-P is maybe more psychedelic than 3C-E. Have you tried 3C-E to compare?

Thanks for the detailed report. :) You should put this in the trip reports forum, and submit to Erowid.

Best 3cp report Ive read. Certain I have some somewhere but never tried it. Potency noted in case I do. ☺

Yeah I'm certainly going to try mine now when I get it. :) Actually I found my 3C-P I got years ago too. I may try 20mg to start. I dunno, I really like 3C-E at around 10mg, it's not psychedelic except for that undefinable sparkle, but it makes a great, warm, well-balanced and good-humored stimulant at that dose. PIHKAL I believe lists the dosage range from 20-50mg. I took 50mg in a night of it, 20mg, then 30mg more later, and I found it a bit more psychedelic but nothing to write home about, it basically just made the stimulation a lot stronger. I enjoy it more at low dosages. 3C-P, according to the few good reports that exist of it (and I agree with MGS that this is the best one I've read), seems a little bit stronger on the psychedelic/maybe empathogenic side. I'll probably still maybe try only 20mg though.

I'm glad you liked reading it as sure I was reliving the experience as I was writing it, so it was fun! ;)
Since the chemical is relatively rare I should post it on Erowid nad TRs, thank you for the advice.

I have not tried 3C-E but after this experience I'm going to add it to the collection for sure!
I speculate it will be somewhat less confusing, less psychedelic and perhaps even more euphoric, not sure about the body load though.

Also I should mention that I take a good stack of nootropics daily and usually stop a day or two before the trip, in that particular case with 3C-P, I have taken my stack (CDP-Choline, Aniracetam, Piracetam, Noopept, Agmatine, Phehylalanine, and various herbs extracts) a day before, but not on the day of the trip.

I'd suggest to start with 25mg of 3C-P, to get the feel for it's psychedelia and not get too stimulated. It was rather a surprise for me that I got such a strong nice effects at 43mg as all the info I was reading about it pointed me to even higher dosage. Keep in mind 3hr come up time!

It'll be nice to read about your experiences with this one, guys! :)

I have had a marvelous experience mixing 20mg of 3C-P and 15mg of 4-AcO-MET recently. :)

Took it all at once, in one capsule - it started developing in 40 minutes and by 2 hours I started peaking. There was absolutely no uncomfortable body feelings, none of that annoying overstimulation of a high dose of psychedelic amphetamine - it was very peaceful and balanced experience that made me relaxed, euphoric and provided soft glowing long lasting psychedelia.8)

So far it was my best experience with this material (and some of the most pleasurable trips ever) and it rivaled my DOC experiences being a lot easier on the body but giving similar pleasant high. 4-AcO-MET blended in so perfectly - it felt like I took only one substance and the resulting high was surprisingly balanced. I had a wonderful feel of being in a fairy tale, strong immersion effects, mild OEVs and CEVs, and a strong empathetic psychedelic glow, akin DOC or LSD.

There were some interesting visual effects such as complete color replacement of surfaces - I would look at my couch and it will start changing color from brown to green, to red and so on, large areas textures of the same color would have that effect if I would stare at them - it was fun! :D

The trip had it's characteristic plateaus, like all my 3C-P trips:

1) Peaking for three hours at 2 hr point - airy psychedelic state with interesting and transcendent thought patterning and feelings of excitement. Visuals are there but sense of immersion and magic is what felt the most wonderful at that time.8o
2) Transition phase where you feel mostly strong body high, feeling stoned and somewhat drunk, at the 5-6th hour, lasting about an hour or two. This phase is usually uncomfortable for me but with the dosages chosen and in the combo with 4-AcO-MET it was actually pleasurable and quite hedonistic.%)
3) Setting into a stimulating entactogenic mode at the 7th hour with a similar feel to Mescaline - strong self-affirming body buzz with warm and fuzzy glowing, very fuzzy actually - I would just burst into a deep laughing and feel like the laughing is coming out of my body and my skin, and it made me tingly and euphoric. I became very chatty, open and overall a good fella =D

At about 9hr mark I also ingested 1,5mg of 5-MeO-MiPT which made me even happier and sparklier.

Throughout the trip I was able to fully enjoy introspection laying in the dark bath, to listen to music and observe the CEVs, to play videogames (immersion made it sooo good) for a quite a long time. Then I went up to the mountains to meet sunrise and check out fall leaves (it was crispy freezing good) with my girl, where we took 5-MeO-MiPT and smoked a bunch of cannabis, then came back home and watched Charlie and the chocolate factory and surprisingly I was still getting some movement and texture coloring effects, as well as a great psychedelic glow going on...:)

Come down was easy and at the 16hr mark I went to bed and fell asleep without a problem.
Balanced and bright dreams and feeling of a pleasant afterglow upon awakening.

It was one of those cases where "less is more" - this trip was infinitely better than all my previous experimentations where I was taking 25-45mg of 3C-P. Addition of 4-AcO-MET was the best combo to go with it (and may be one of the best psychedelic combos I've tried ever), I cannot recommend it enough! Definitely repeating it (with perhaps 20mg of 4-AcO-MET this time) as soon as the time allows to. I'm in love with this one now! :D

Had a great trip with 45 mg of this a couple of weeks ago. I found some aspects of the experience quite enjoyable but the come-up was too rough, and the cardiovascular effects didn't felt dangerous but made me nervous at times.

I'm interested in trying a lower dose in the future. I had taken 10 mg before but didn't really feel anything defined. I might try 25 mg with some weed, or maybe some 3-MeO-PCP sometime in the future.

It lasts a long ass time, but I would take it again for it's musical enhancement alone. Next level shit.

Had a great trip with 45 mg of this a couple of weeks ago. I found some aspects of the experience quite enjoyable but the come-up was too rough, and the cardiovascular effects didn't felt dangerous but made me nervous at times.

I'm interested in trying a lower dose in the future. I had taken 10 mg before but didn't really feel anything defined. I might try 25 mg with some weed, or maybe some 3-MeO-PCP sometime in the future.

It lasts a long ass time, but I would take it again for it's musical enhancement alone. Next level shit.

IMO 45mg is a bit too much for 3C-P and I found the most comfortable dose for it to be about 20-25mg mixed with 15-30mg of 4-AcO-MET, taken about 2 hours after the 3C-P.
It will most likely go good with other tryptamines, such as 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DMT, Mushrooms as well as dissos if you are into it. 5-MeO-MiPT combined nicely but I wouldnt dare taking more than 2.5mg of it on top of 3C-P. Same goes for 4-HO-MiPT and 4-HO-MPT - I think they will be too speedy for this particular combo.

Strangely 4-HO-EPT did not combine well with 3C-P for me, but it (4-HO-EPT) was like bread and butter both with Mescaline and Escaline (which I found to be an amazing material).:D

I also found that psychedelic amphetamines require me to eat prior to taking them - it eases the come up and the body load IME. Magnesium Citrate is very useful to preload with stuff like 3C-P or DOC.
To counteract vasoconstriction, I recommend Arginine, garlic and cayenne pepper, cannabis and black chocolate are also good.

Besides evident music enhancements, 3C-P also makes quite unique color replacement visuals for me, especially pronounced if taken in combinations.8)

Great report, Volsam! I bet combining it with 4-HO-MiPT could be delightful. I have a buddy that loves combining it with mescaline, and this seems similar, but a lot less demanding

I personally find 4-HO-MiPT too stimulating to be comfortable combining it with 3C-P

Had my second trial with this one, at a low dose in a combo. Took 10 mg with 1.2 grams of Phenibut and 5 mg of 3-MeO-PCP taken in two doses at t+2 and t+3.5h. Pretty awesome party combo I would say. Felt first hints of the 3C-P at maybe 20 minutes in, but it developed reaaaalllyy sloooowly and gradually to a more defined something at t+3. At that point it was pretty much a rush of euphoria and excitement, music appreciation and color enhancement. Really subtle "empathogenic-like" qualities too. Lots of analytical extrospection and talkativeness. There were none of the uncomfortable side effects that I felt at 45 mg at all.

I went to a metal show and had a blast. Smoked some weed there, psychedelic effects ramped up quite a bit, but headspace was coherent and semi-lucid throughout. Music enhancement was awesome, and background sensation was a controlled euphoria. Felt pretty energetic the whole experience. After the show went with the ladyfriend to a rave and danced that energy-superavit off. Started getting tired at 4 am, that was t+10h. Slept immediately with the help of 5 mg clotiazepam at t+11. I guess it wouldn't have been impossible to sleep without the benzo, but harder for sure.

Got three hours of sleep and now feeling nothing close to a hangover. If anything, a mild afterglow, probably the PCP though.

I'm finding this one a real winner, only kinda hard to get a grasp of. I think 20/25 mg would be my sweetspot for a hedonistic trippy stimulating high. Probably would pair it with Phenibut again, it nicely took the edge off. Felt way less hectic than my 45 mg trial on its own.

Phenibut is so great to combine with psychedelics, in fact with certain ones (DOC, AMT, etc, basically the long-acting stimulating ones) I rarely ever don't combine with phenibut. Sounds like a nice experience. :)

I just ate 16mg of 3C-P, I'll report back. :) Been meaning to try this for a long time, I did take 40mg one time like 5 years ago, but I was withdrawing from opiates and in a way different place, and all it did was make me feel anxious and give me a raging headache. However I know the set and setting were very not ideal then, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the effects are of what I've surmised to be a solid low or medium-low dose.

I just ate 16mg of 3C-P, I'll report back. :) Been meaning to try this for a long time, I did take 40mg one time like 5 years ago, but I was withdrawing from opiates and in a way different place, and all it did was make me feel anxious and give me a raging headache. However I know the set and setting were very not ideal then, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the effects are of what I've surmised to be a solid low or medium-low dose.

I''d definitely be inclined to attribute much of your previous bad experience due to the psychedelic amplifying your withdrawal symptoms, which I'm sure were bad enough already.

I think that should be right above microdose level and would love to hear more about how that went. Your reports are so wonderful and I recently got since of this stuff for myself, only had one trip at about 35mg insufflated that was good but felt a bit too strong to be able to go about my ordinary day as I'd prefer. I'm very interested in using lower doses (prob 20mg or below) as more of a general life enhancing stimulant with a little psychedelia, similar to microdosing acid or its analogs.

Almost forgot about this... the 16mg of 3C-P was nice, quite mild, it never became psychedelic, felt similar to a very low dose of LSD but slightly more stimulating. It was nice, but next time I'll probably go for 25-30mg. I took some notes for a report. Nothing exciting but I might as well post it.

15mg of 3C-P - First trial

8:00am - Ingested 200mg of caffeine orally.

9:00am - Smoked a single hit of cannabis.

11:30pm - Ate a breakfast of 3 slices of polenta, a chicken sausage and 2 eggs. Lightly full.

12:15pm (T+0:00) - Weighed out and ingested 16mg of shimmering white 3C-P crystals, by putting it on my tongue and letting the flavor develop. Like its sibling 3C-E, 3C-P appears as shimmering, sparkly white flakes of crystal; I am unable to tell them apart in any way by sight. Also like 3C-E, there is a sweetness to the taste, except that 3C-P is more bitter than sweet, somehow it is both at once, whereas 3C-E is almost entirely sweet, like an artificial sweetener. The bitterness was pronounced enough to make me make a bit of a face, but much better than other phenethylamines I've tried. I drank a few sips of water and swished it around, which left a bit of residual taste, but nothing to bother me and it faded in an additional minute or so. I am at work (in other words, at home but with responsibilities), and I also need to do some minor home repairs. It's a very light day at work with a creative side project to work on with no particular deadline. I hope to get a lot done and explore 3C-P at a lower level. I find 3C-E exceedingly good at this sort of task, basically functioning as a smooth, less dopaminergic version of amphetamine. My expectation is for this to be trippier and perhaps less functional, but we'll see.

1:15pm (T+1:00) - Faint alerts, I think I've been feeling them for a little bit. Body warmth, hints of euphoria. A few stomach butterflies, in a pleasant way. I can't believe an hour has passed. I feel slightly hungry again already after breakfast. So far no anorexic effects at all.

1:30pm (T+1:15) - Smoked a cigarette, normally I wouldn't while home working but I felt like it. I was about to go out and do some repairs including tightening up some steps and tightening some deck railings, but a summer storm hit. Damn, hope it doesn't last too long. I guess I'll start on that work project.

2:15pm (T+2:00) - I am reminded of a half a tab of ALD-52 (~65ug), but there is a bit more tension and body energy. Nothing negative about it, though. I definitely feel like I'm on a low dose of a psychedelic. There is a pleasant body high and a touch of light euphoria, and some energy. I'm about to go do some of those repairs now. Work tasks have not been impeded at all. I just confirmed that I'll be getting together with my guitar player after work to do some recording for our 3 studio tracks we're working on. He'll be recording guitar and I'll be playing the role of producer and manning the control room for him. I may drink a few ciders, we'll see how I feel. I've been trying to cut back on the number of nights I drink but I didn't yesterday. Band nights are always a strong possibility that I might.

5:15pm (T+5:00) - I am still quite aware of the drug, but it has faded into a background buzz. There was a period of time where I was at a strong +1, but it's now a standard +1, easily ignored but definitely present. I am almost done with work, I found focusing a bit harder, because I would get bored and start browsing Bluelight. I weighed out 12mg of 2C-C because I think I may want to boost this once I get to the studio. So far this has been light and pleasant. Next time I'll probably go for 25mg though and in a different setting. This was really only intended to be a testing of the waters anyway.

The glow stayed with me all day, but never developed more so I didn't take any more notes and actually totally forgot about this until the thread got bumped. I also never boosted with 2C-C.

Last edited:
So I was surprised to see this one reappear in the world again, at least according to some other forums. Funny, because I had planned to try it for the first time a week ago, but ended up throwing my back out instead. I had wanted to compare it with proscaline in back to back trials now that I'm ready to revisit proscaline.

The place I was reading about it recommended it as a nasal spray as a substitute for stimulants in festival settings, perhaps in combination with LSD. I'm intrigued.

I can verify that it's out there again. Was kind of surprised to see it pop up.

That recommendation kind of sounds like it's referencing the sort of use in the only trip report that existed on Erowid for a long time. Unfortunately there's not a lot to get out of it.

I've taken 3C-P once at 25 mg and enjoyed it, though mostly because it had this deeply pleasurable sense of peace that I didn't find common to other phenethylamines (though it's notably the only 3,4,5-patterned one I've used so far). The body load was really heavy and nasty, though, I've gotten better at not getting body loads since then, so maybe it'd be nicer now. It felt a lot like other psychedelic amphetamines though unique in some ways, the visuals had a different color scheme and were more detailed in some ways, it actually reminded me of the 5-methoxytryptamines at some points in its subtle complexity. The headspace was also deeper and more contemplative like other psychedelic amphetamines as compared to the simpler psychedelic phenethylamines.

I'd also be curious how it compares to proscaline as I also have a little of that to work with.

I’ve only tried it once at 36mg but had some tolerance issues from 6 days prior. I was at threshold for the whole time, but I can say that that threshold felt really good. I’ll revisit it in the future when I can really get a feel for it

Add: The lab is clearly working with some 3,4,5 precursors and I really wish they’d explore some other ones besides this 😕

Yeah I want someone to make CPM (cyclopropylmescaline). It's relatively potent and sounds like a winner from PIHKAL.
Starts from the same material as allylescaline, and I placed an inquiry about this and others with a source I’ve been working with. I’d certainly try some. That duration though, that’d make it holiday weekend-only kind of stuff for me, lol. Especially after the toll that BOD/allylescaline exacted on my aging self last week 😆