View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent advice, always, and thank you for the reminder. I shall start low.

I'm definitely not looking to get trashed with this combo; if that was the goal I'd just increase the dose for one or the other, or take something else altogether. Although I do enjoy taking 3-meo-pcp recreationally, I find that I get more out of it if I use it sparingly as a medicine - I'm less likely to binge on it and build tolerance that way. I'm also hoarding this one to use to treat for dental pain since so few other substances seem to help. Thanks so much for your input, thenightwatch!

It works for dental pain? That all NMDA antagonists or merely 3meo (I would think so as sigma 1 is one of the receptors 3meo hits that MXE does not, and sert the one mxe is active at the 3meo is not)? And I must be one of the few I don't binge if that means redosing with 3meo EVER! I'd never sleep and be a mess the next day... now due to the SERT edge this MXE is another story.... but I'm probably dosing it in lower levels than most people anyway.

this is a bit random, but you know... i never mentioned in this thread before, but 3-MeO-PCP has the same effect that opiates/opioids have on my bowel movements. i.e. makes them hard and difficult to pass. anyone else ever get that? i don't remember if this compound was ever tested for opioid receptor affinity, but i do remember people saying it might produce such activity. if tests show it isn't binding to the opioid receptors, then there is some downstream effect from this stuff that is like an opioid for me.

this is a bit random, but you know... i never mentioned in this thread before, but 3-MeO-PCP has the same effect that opiates/opioids have on my bowel movements. i.e. makes them hard and difficult to pass. anyone else ever get that? i don't remember if this compound was ever tested for opioid receptor affinity, but i do remember people saying it might produce such activity. if tests show it isn't binding to the opioid receptors, then there is some downstream effect from this stuff that is like an opioid for me.

Thread in ADD says it binds with greater affinity than any other tested (4meo, MXE, PCP) to NMDA and SIGMA 1 only, all other are negligible. To my knowledge NO major recreational NMDA antagonist binds to MU with appreciable results. And no I don't think so, but then again I take loperamide and shit normally. :)

i thought i remembered hearing something like that, but wasn't sure. well if that is indeed corrent, then i think it either triggers the release of endogenous opioids for me, or one of its metabolites is an opioid. yes this opinion of mine is just based on the digestive effects it has on me, but they're similar enough that i feel like it must do something like that for me.

might have to do with my individual enzyme expression, or maybe i just noticed it because i was talking higher doses than you LWD. who knows.

i thought i remembered hearing something like that, but wasn't sure. well if that is indeed corrent, then i think it either triggers the release of endogenous opioids for me, or one of its metabolites is an opioid. yes this opinion of mine is just based on the digestive effects it has on me, but they're similar enough that i feel like it must do something like that for me.

might have to do with my individual enzyme expression, or maybe i just noticed it because i was talking higher doses than you LWD. who knows.

Well I mentioned I'm tapering off of loperamide so my digestion is anything but normal so there's that.

Interesting to hear your experience though for sure! I'll note when I said that it had greater affinity I meant NMDA only not necessarily sigma 1 but that doesn't really change the picture here as there is no mu binding.

Thread in ADD says it binds with greater affinity than any other tested (4meo, MXE, PCP) to NMDA and SIGMA 1 only, all other are negligible. To my knowledge NO major recreational NMDA antagonist binds to MU with appreciable results. And no I don't think so, but then again I take loperamide and shit normally. :)

and SERT - its kind of obvious from the high

Lyrica is a calcium channel blocker and works quite well with 3meo in my experience.

I found Lyrica to potentiate dissociatives when I tried R-ketamine on it, and same thing for MXE... I absolutely don't need my 3-MeO-PCP to be any extra unpredictable so that is where I abandoned my test. Be careful.
IIRC pregabalin has some indirect impact on glutamate / NMDAR so I kinda expected the interaction / potentiation.

As for painkillers, first of all I love being able to numb myself - perhaps I am a bit of an oversensitive person in some ways, but I don't always have positive experiences with strong painkillers. IMO you want to make the pain unbothersome, you shouldn't want to make yourself unable to detect any damage to your body, that can lead to long term issues since it is healthy to avoid damage to yourself and to deal adequately with it when you do harm yourself inadvertently.

I have hurt myself on dissociatives multiple times - yesterday I burned my fingers / hands with indonesian soup while on oxy, but luckily I felt it enough to respond. On potent dissociatives it can be rather easy to miss or ignore that kind of thing.

So, don't wanna rain on painkilling, but be smart about it.

Hey by the way.... [ ? ] days since someone wrecked himself on 3-MeO-PCP ?

and SERT - its kind of obvious from the high

No it isn't IMO (especially after taking MXE and feeling that edge that 3meo just doesn't have at all, you can almost feel that hit you wereas NMDA antagonism by itself is a bit more subtle until higher levels), and no it doesn't have any - according the one thread I have seen -any affinity for SERT (only MXE does, whereas I believe I mentioned 3meo is the highest binding to NMDA, and also only binds to Sigma1). None have any affinity for MU.

I found Lyrica to potentiate dissociatives when I tried R-ketamine on it, and same thing for MXE... I absolutely don't need my 3-MeO-PCP to be any extra unpredictable so that is where I abandoned my test. Be careful.
IIRC pregabalin has some indirect impact on glutamate / NMDAR so I kinda expected the interaction / potentiation.

As for painkillers, first of all I love being able to numb myself - perhaps I am a bit of an oversensitive person in some ways, but I don't always have positive experiences with strong painkillers. IMO you want to make the pain unbothersome, you shouldn't want to make yourself unable to detect any damage to your body, that can lead to long term issues since it is healthy to avoid damage to yourself and to deal adequately with it when you do harm yourself inadvertently.

I have hurt myself on dissociatives multiple times - yesterday I burned my fingers / hands with indonesian soup while on oxy, but luckily I felt it enough to respond. On potent dissociatives it can be rather easy to miss or ignore that kind of thing.

So, don't wanna rain on painkilling, but be smart about it.

Hey by the way.... [ ? ] days since someone wrecked himself on 3-MeO-PCP ?
Interesting!

Depends what you mean by wrecked himself? Did something stupid that resulted in a bit of pain or got really messed up ;)?

There should be a sign in the first post like at workplaces a mod can cross out and re-write lol

I had my first experience with 3-MeO-PCP at 8mg sublingual/oral, with a 5mg re-dose at T+4. It was the most powerful dissociative experience I've had, save for a few short-lasting K-holes. I totally see why this RC is a potential winner (and no doubt loser in overdose!).

I find conflicting info on the affinities that make it so different from K and MXE... is it D2 or is it sigma1? Do we have more complete receptor affinities data than Wikipedia provides? It says it has negligible affinity for DAT, but what about D2?

That's a good question, though I doubt any of them are appreciable for any dopamine receptor. At least it isn't even listed on the thread in ADD so I would guess not. At least it sure doesn't feel like it or I'd probably find the moreish which I only find MXE due to the shorter half life and SERT edge and me only taking >10mg doses at a time of that.

Had my, I believe, 4th trial with 3-meo-pcp. 2 others participated. My dose was ~22mg oral. They had ~20 mg oral each. One of them has good amount of disso tolerance , the other doesn't. Both had very , very profound experience. For me I still retained motor skill throughout but I thought that I was getting close to my optimal dosage for profound experience. A blunt of high grade cannabis after peak had me very intoxicated state for 20-30 min. Probably do not mix cannabis with this one. Next trial for me will be 25-30 mg oral. Hopefully that can get me to a desirable state. If not I may be done with this compound, as I don't know how safe I would feel pushing past 30.

^ There isn't really a dissociative hole like with ketamine or MXE, higher doses will just intensify the effects you're already getting. About a year and a half ago I was doing 20-30mg several times a week, and I ended up getting myself into a pretty bad state of apathy and existential depression which I'm still trying to recover from.

Since thenightwatch posted his first #87 FIVE YEARS ago and is still with this thread I figure the stuff has to be fairly safe....

PS:noticed definite anxiolytic effects at threshold dosage, definite lucidity in contrast to mxe where I always felt vague confusional state akin to "where did I put my keys?" type of feeling.

Last edited:
you must be looking at the dates wrong. my first time using 3-meo-pcp was about a year ago.

and i haven't actually used the stuff in about 10 months. though i plan on ordering some more eventually -- my continued presence in this thread is more of a testament to how fascinating this stuff is than how safe it is.

For me 15mg (10 + 5 about one hour later) without a tolerance VERY NICE! However it was pretty disorienting, and I think I would like to be a little less than that.
Next time I think I will take 12 and wait some time, maybe up 1mg or 2...
How long does it usually take to reach the peak? i am not used to keep track of time during trips...

Torresmo, 8mg was plenty for me to feel dissociated but still completely able to function.

What I want to know is- is 3meopcp worth it? Dxm was worth it . N2o was worth it . Mxe had the potential . Is 3meo pcp on the level of these others?

I guess I'm not a good perspective for you if you thought MXE only had potential, considering I see it in my top three most useful and multi-faceted chemicals ever tried... But, 3-meo-pcp is pretty cool, just don't expect anything like DXM and MXE, at least anywhere around and lower than 10mg. It's much more lucid and clear-headed.

Since thenightwatch posted his first #87 FIVE YEARS ago and is still with this thread I figure the stuff has to be fairly safe....

PS:noticed definite anxiolytic effects at threshold dosage, definite lucidity in contrast to mxe where I always felt vague confusional state akin to "where did I put my keys?" type of feeling.

I would say this is one of the more dangerous dissociatives, as its inventor ended up being hospitalized after overusing it (see Interview with a Ketamine Chemist) and a couple of the mods here have said they've also had problems using it responsibly. It doesn't significantly impair motor control like MXE or ketamine does, and it's possible to get into a sort of manic dissociated state which it could be very dangerous to act out of.

What I want to know is- is 3meopcp worth it? Dxm was worth it . N2o was worth it . Mxe had the potential . Is 3meo pcp on the level of these others?

MXE and 3-MeO-PCP both have a lot less bodyload than DXM and are more lucid, but they also don't have the varied mindscapes that DXM presents (the different plateaus and whatnot). 3-MeO-PCP doesn't have any kind of a hole either, so you'll have to put more effort into directing the trip yourself the way you want it to go. Still, they're both much cleaner feeling than DXM and they don't have as much of a hangover. I used to do DXM a lot several years ago, but I don't think I'll ever feel the need to do it again as long as I have MXE on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.