• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-T-7 Thread

Hmmm... I like how you think, but I would really not recommend it.
DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide) is an industrial solvent, and to those who are wondering why someone would use it in conjunction with a psychedelic, DMSO has the fantastic ability to transport even larger molecules (I believe up to 500,000 daltons in size)directly across the skin. So essentially by combining the 2 and applying to an area of relatively thin skin you'd be creating one hell of a "psychedelic hand cream".
Sounds like a great idea, huh? Well, I thought so as well a few years back when I was working in an organic chem lab (At the time I wanted to do so with anabolic agents, or even MDMA) - but there are a few VERY serious risks that you need to bare in mind.
First, as I stated DMSO is a super solvent. Not only would it take your 2-ct-7 across the skin, but it would take just about anything else across as well. Mercury, benzene, lead and all other kinds of nasty things that you might have on your hands, or that might already be in your DMSO preparation - things that could very easily fuck you up. You DO NOT want this to happen. Also, the dosing curve with 2-CT-7 is extremely steep. With there being practically no information available on what the appropriate dose would be for transdermal administration of 2-ct-7, it makes it extremely difficult and dangerous to guess where to start.
To add insult to injury, DMSO itself is also condsidered to be a toxic substance.
So, in a nutshell, I STRONGLY urge you not to go fucking with DMSO as a transport mechanism for research chemicals (Or any otherchemicals for that matter) I myself would never risk it, and besides 2-ct-7 has fantastic oral absorption already.
SG
------------------
"[The feeling of doing DMT] is as though one had been struck by noetic lightning. The ordinary world is almost instantaneously replaced, not only with a hallucination, but a hallucination whose alien character is it's utter alienness. Nothing in this world can prepare one for the impressions that fill your mind when you enter the DMT sensorium."
Load Universe into Cannon...
Aim at Brain...
Fire!

there are books on DMSO praising its effects on joints, muscles etc.. so it is not exactly a nerve agent.
I know several body builders who use it so they don't have to inject their steroids.
It would obviously be a good idea to wash the site well, but its PROBABLY not a huge health risk, or more problems would have shown up by now from the tens of thousands of users. BTW you can usually find DMSO in health food stores.
That said, I still wouldnt us it with 2CT7, K or other drugs that are better when injected, maybe, but not 2CT7.

Legality of 2CT7

We all heard the rumors, we all read the Rolling Stone Article, but do any of us really know the truth? Is 2CT7 heading down the path Illegalization? Or are we all just getting Paranoid? Is there any evidence at all suggesting that 2CT7 is getting schedualed? If so, would anyone mind sharring this evidence?

The feds are charging a former source of 2CT7 under the analog laws claiming it is an analog of 2CB. If they win their case, then that eliminates the 'grey area' on the chemicals legality.
Bachus
Old enough to know better.
This is better.

Originally posted by michael:
all of us know the truth, we just refuse to share it with you because you are not smart enough to search.
Damn. That's some cold shit. I understand all the fuss about 2ct7 and how it should have stayed underground, but still.
Going back to the analogue drug law defense of the government....
How the hell can you prove/disprove that a substance is substantially similar to another?
Shulgin talks about this in his entry for one of the tryptamines (can't remember which one).
I would just like to know how a court case like this turns out - because it affects me. Next thing you know the stuff will be illegal and I will be sitting on a bunch of stuff in my closet that DEA agents will licking their chops over.
This topic is RELEVANT to discuss and hearing people's opinions on BL always gives a WAY better depth to how much I learn about a subject than what I learned on Erowid.
[ 23 February 2002: Message edited by: nick44 ]

Getting Charged with Analog distrobution and possesion is diffrent then getting charged for a direct violation of drug laws. My question is not wether I can be prosecuted for possesing 2ct7, Im wondering if the DEA is spicificly gonna target 2ct7, making it an illict drug, striping it of its RC statues, and making it no diffrent then MDMA, or LSD, or GHB, or THC, 100% illegal chem. Is this gonna happen to 2ct7?

it says in the artical
Doses have been varied, but most of them have been moderately high to very high. One girl that I spoke with had used an oral dose of 115 mg. and called the experience "beautiful." (The substance having apparently justified its reputation.)
115mg's!? Isnt that like 3-4 times the average dose!

It is for sure a high dose. One night I took 150mg of 2ct2 and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, though this was with redosing not a single dose.
I have talked to someone who found they enjoyed 2ct7 best at the 100mg level and tripped at that dose every time, however.
I don't condone these sorts of doses of course, or these research chemicals at all really, but yes there are always people pushing the limits.

Lots of people have been operating under the assumption that since the analog laws haven't really been enforced so far, they never will be. This is ignoring the fact that for most of the time since the analog laws were passed, there weren't multimillion dollar internet companies selling analogs. That changed everything. People seemed to interpret the slow pace of government bureaucracy to mean they weren't doing anything. The supplier being prosecuted now has been under investigation for years. I'd bet anything he gets convicted. Once that precedent is set, I think we'll see the analog laws being enforced much more seriously. These people are not joking around, they didn't pass these laws out of boredom.

I don't necessarily agree here, Murple. The Analog Act is so vague and biased that it may well be repealed or amended in the course of court proceedings.
It may actually be to our benefit for them to use it some, so people can get a good look at just how slanted it really is.. I think they may well be hesitant to use it for just this reason...
For those of you who haven't go to erowid and read through the Analog Act itself, it's a gross injustice...

I tend to agree with you, ntgn, because the Analog Act doesn't give fair warning of what is and is not a crime, which is a fundamental component of the U.S. criminal justice system. Thus, it I think lawyers could successfully argue it violates the 5th Amendment of the Constitution.
Additionally, the substances offed by this particular supplier weren't marketed for human consumption. One thing going for them is that they marketed products which had no recreational value in addition to those that did. I think this lends legitimacy to their claims that it wasn't just a front to hide the intent for human comsumption.
My guess is that the DEA, FBI & FDA will pass on a list of the various substances being sold by research chemical suppliers and Congress will ban them. We shall see...

My understanding of the way these things happen, K9, is that they just Schedule a substance. They don't announce that they are going to schedule it, they just go right ahead and do it. Then if someone wants to make the case that it should be scheduled, they can take it to a judge and if the judge says different the DEA can just ignore the judge anyway.
T7 is in a similar position to 2CB just before it got scheduled. The only difference is that there was quite a bit of 2CB on the streets. With the on-line suppliers out of action for T7, the DEA might not bother. If some loney decides to synth it an sell it to candy-ravers, then kiss it bye-bye.
B

Note from 2007: 2C-T-7 was emergency scheduled in 2001, making it illegal. It remains so today and most likely will until prohibition ends. In other words, probably forever. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
found some 2ct7...

I got some foxy and 2ct7 over a year ago (250mg); never tried the 2ct7 and offered it to a friend, who then claimed to have lost it. Last week while cleaning, I found it behind a desk. Score!
I've done foxy and shrooms before, but no other psychedelics. I've been wanting to try acid sometime, but haven't had the opportunity.
My question... on the ladder of psychedelics, is 2ct7 comparable to acid, higher or lower? Do most people consider 2ct7 more or less enjoyable than acid? Is the chance of a bad trip similar, less than or greater than with acid? Is this a drug that you can enjoy at a club, rave, music festival (ala Phish) or something you want to do at home or maybe while camping?
~psychoblast~

Many people will tell you that LSD has more mind-fuck that 2-CT-7. This is true in that LSD makes you have really fast looping thoughts. However, it's not true in that 2-CT-7 can take you just as far away from reality at LSD.
One major problem with 2-CT-7 = NASEAU. It's really miserable to start a trip puking. So, try taking a little dramamine, it will help.
Also, obviously start with a low dose. And EAT it!!! Do NOT snort it! This is very dangerous. It has lead to death and delirium in many cases.
Also, measure very accurately.
Have fun!
-TD
P.S.- Good seeing you around on the board!

Also, don't do it at a rave/concert for the first time. Some people like it, but you'll just want to be with friends for the first time.
Visuals are stunningly beautiful, BTW.

IMO T7 and really any other PEAz are a whole lot more down to earth than acid or tryptamines... No risk of being harrassed by aliens or encountering multidimensional wierdness or anything like that... ;P

I've found that t7 is extremely visual, while the mind fuck is greatly decreased. Don't get me wrong, you can still lose yourself in anything, but with t7, you do have an on/off switch. The visuals are intense, but you can make sense of reality. I recommend AGAINST trying this drug in the public eye. There is a 90% chance you WILL get sick. Also, the dosage is very tough to determine for each individual. I suggest eating 15mg, or snorting 5-7mg. And PLEASE DO NOT SNORT UNLESS YOU HAVE A DIGITAL SCALE. There is no margin for error with this drug. Someone has died from snorting 35 mg before.

My friend almost died from snorting 15mg.
Induced coma, resperator, critical condition etc...
check erowid for the report.
Please don't snort it.

Sensitivity varies widely among individuals. Margin between 'good' dose and 'unpleasant' dose and 'oh shit what have I done' dose can be fairly small. It is often slow to take effect. So you must be cautious and sensible in choosing your amount and resist the temptation to bump the level before you are sure it has all 'arrived'.
About 30% of users experience nausea, sometimes at a very uncomfortable level with vomiting.
It is different from LSD. CEVs have their own characteristics, ego loss and self-suggestibility are less intrusive. OEVs can be very powerful. Body feel is not pleasant. Sulferous taste in the mouth. No 'wow' when eating acidic fruit. Good energy, especially after the peak, can be danced on!
Congratulations. You have what may soon be a rare collectors item.
Bachus