• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-T-7 Thread

The irony here lies in the fact that the harder 2ct7 is to find, the more value there will be in snorting the drug, thereby saving doses.
The *main* thing you have to worry about in public is not any mind-blowing psychedelic effects, but the nausea. My ex-gf took her first dose at a party, and spent most of the time not dancing/moving/smoking for fear she'd puke. I don't really have that much of a problem with nausea, or anything. YMMV.

I agree, I do not not recommend to use T7 at a party, but AFTER the peak you have very good energy like a good hippyflipping, I used to go with some close friends to one of their houses to chill all night on T7 (we bought a bunch of delicious foods as T7 gives you extreeemmme munching delight) . After the strongest peaks subsided we than usually drop a cap of G and go to an afterparty while the T7 still gave mild mdma tingly feelings and mild visuals that danced along with the music at the party and actually provided a very decent roll ( i am sure the ghb has some contribution in that 2).
If somebody still has a 2ct7 2ct-I source i would very much apriciate it.

Perhaps that i should say that the comedown of T7 felt for me like a medium dose of MDA, while the GHB made it really mellow and grooovy

Need info on Foxy and 2CT7 potency after over a year.

I've had much of this stuff hanging around for quite some time now. It's been well over a year I'd say, since I last used either of these two chemicals.
I'm definately interested in doing it again, but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone has had the experience of them laying around for a long time and then dosing.
I'm sure not many if anyone has done this, but if you have, would you please provide me with any information on whether or not they lost potency, or became somehow 'bad' by sitting around for a long time?
Thank you in advance for any information....
-Casual

Not sure abotu Foxy but i know that 2ct7 is going to continue to be potent long ater any of us die. Theres something abotu this somewhere on erowid, i'll try and look it up for you.

2CT7 seems to be fully potent after a year. For the first six months it was stored in a box in a cool closet, for the last six months it has been stored in an amber bottle in the bottom of a refrigerator. It is still in powder form, but was weighed out into capsules for personal consumption soon after purchase. The variance in 2CT7 potency during five experiences over the course of a year has been much less than what one would experience with other psychedelics.
Then there is this information from an Ask Erowid:
Regarding 2C-T-7, I asked Dr. Shulgin about its shelf life and he remarked that he once analyzed a 15 year old sample of the chemical and found that it had degraded very little, if any.
The issue isn't so clear for 5-MeO-DiPT, but the prudent approach would be to assume full potency.

A bit of 2C-T-7 that is at least two years old was recently sampled. Zero loss of potency. It has, however, been kept in a freezer sealed in a glass vial with silica gel to absorb moisture. If I ever choose to sample 5-MeO-DiPT again, I'll report in this post how well the potency has held up with that one.

2ct-7 shelflife

just wonderin if 2ct-7 powder inside a capsule is subject to potency loss and or chemical breakdown over time. If so, how long before the powder suffers noticable loss in potency.

Shulgin specifically said he had stored some 2C-T-7 in a jar on a shelf fully exposed to light and heat for fifteen years and it showed no signs of degrading at all. I can't recall if he said he ate it, or tested it with GC/MS, or both. But he did say that some 15 year old 2C-T-7 he had did not degrade. I can't remember if it was from a private email, or something from "Ask Dr. Shulgin", but it was definetly said. I know we talked about it here before, so if it was discussed after the purge a search using Shulgin and 2C-T-7 should turn it up.

Though obviously not the same chemical, mescaline found peyote buried in Native American tombs with the dead still had the "average" amount of mescaline found in peyote. So if mescaline lasts that long, it may be that all PEAs can too.

2C-T-7 is very variable in its effects. Some find 10mg orally plenty for a +3, other need up to 30mg, or more. For me, 20mg orally would produce a nice, gentle +2. But I seem to have an insane tolerance.

I'd eat what you have (or less to be safe) and enjoy it for what it is. I highly advise you not to snort it. I've done it (insufflated T-7) a few times and the effects were very unpleasant.

As far as comparing it to LSD or mushrooms, there is no comparison. 2C-T-7 is nothing like indole psychedelics. As far as potency to other 2Cs, 2C-B is a little stronger (for me) than 2C-T-7. 20mg of 2C-T-7 would be similar to perhaps 24mg or 25mg of 2C-B for me. But again, the effects of 2C-T-7 vary greatly from person to person. You may get a lot more from 20mg of 2C-T-7 than I do. Proceed carefully.

Damn, U got ahold of t7 nowadays?

I did some in 2001. I wrote up a report in TR.

Snorted something like 15, dont remember exacly.

It was really really , REALLY, nice. I think its a complete experience. Very submersive, i was navigating colorful landscapes flyingin the sky like mario64. No side effects at all. Mild to moderate visuals. Mostly patterned kaleidoscopic blossoming effect of surfaces.

The name : beautiful, perfectly put. It kinda puts you in a beautiful place knd of like the hallucination of mdma when the world feels perfect, its only a hallucination of the mdma (mdma being similar to mescaline, so is t7)

Gave me a tight feeling in my throat every time. I usually went no higher than 15 mg, as higher doses merely clouded the experience. It's possible my body doesn't process 2ct7 well which is funny because I have to take twice as much of most other things to get anywhere. 2ct7 and amt are the exception. Take it orally, btw. Don't snort it.

Plugging 2CT7

Anybody have any experience with this method of consumption? As much as I enjoy 2CT7s visual aspects I'm looking at trying to minimise the nausea associated with this drug and insufflation seems too dangerous at the 50-60mg range.

I don't have any personal experience with 2ct7, but I have plugged a few phens including 2cd, 2ce, 2ct21 and 2ct2. I've never had nausea plugging any of them, but then again, I have never had nausea from any RC orally either. I guess I'm just lucky that way.

While it may help with the nausea, my experience is has been that the absorption and comeup using this route is much quicker than oral ingestion. But each of them is a little different. So just be aware you may come on really fast. Orally 2ct2 takes a good 2-2.5 hours for me to get going really well, but rectally, it's like being strapped to a rocket once it starts to climb. :D

The first time I did 2cd plugged, I got kind of scared how quickly it started to climb and was actually glad when it stopped and I knew it had peaked. Since then I've almost doubled my plugged dose and it's been great, but that first time scared the shit out of me since I wasn't expecting it to climb like that. I was worried I had taken way too much for that route. 8o

Also, be VERY CAREFUL with your dose the first time or so you plug it and increase your doses graudually. My experience with the phens above would make me guess that most of them are around 2-3x as potent when plugged. So if you want to play it safe, I would recommend only starting at 1/3 of your oral dose when you plug it the first time and see how it goes. Also, the dose response curve seems to climb a bit more quickly than by the oral route. Even dosing at 1/3-1/2 of an oral dose, the effects seems to intensify with much smaller dose increases for me when plugged.

Good luck and be safe.

-gp

Re: Plugging 2CT7

neal_cassady said:
Anybody have any experience with this method of consumption? As much as I enjoy 2CT7s visual aspects I'm looking at trying to minimise the nausea associated with this drug and insufflation seems too dangerous at the 50-60mg range.

I'd be VERY careful about this. We don't know much about those 2C-T-7 deaths, but if snorting big doses is dangerous, then plugging could well be to, what with it passing the 1st pass metabolism and all.

50-60mg insufflated sounds like an insanse dose, when the report deaths were in the 30-40mg range.

What oral dose do you usually take?

There's a thread in ADD where BilZ0r stated that at plasma levels encountered from normal dosing, several of the 2C-T-x's had MAOI activity. If that's the case (and I have no reason to doubt BilZ0r's info, he's usually very reliable), I'd be VERY careful about plugging/snorting/injecting any of the 4-alkylthio hallucinogens. The Jake Duroy death & others all sound a bit similar to serotonin syndrome

PLEASE PLEASE start with a VERY small dose. I took 25mg 2CT-7orally thinking it was a moderate dose for me and I was out of touch with reality (in a difficult way) for 7 hours! And to think I was considering taking that dose rectally *shudder*. It was bad enough that I decided I'm never taking this compound again.

Plus I found T-7 to be the worst body-load ever, and I find that psychedelics, especially phenethylamines, increase body load when taken rectally/nasally.

PLEASE be careful. As they say, you can always take more, but you can never take less.

How much do you guys plug when you do 2ce or 2ct7 and what not?

Between half and a third of an oral dose. 20mg of 2C-D rectally is about on a par with 50mg orally. With 2C=E I'd sat between 5-10mg would be the most to start off with; then take it from there. I don't have eny experience with 2C-T-7, so I'll leave specifics to people who have.

Last edited:
I've plugged 2C-T-2 and I loved it. One time I plugged 14mg and that was pretty great, didn't last as long as I would've liked, although I could feel the effects coming on in as little as 2-4 mins after putting it in my butt.

The second time I plugged 20mg of it and that was AMAZING. Although I tend to get sick on most hallucinogens I didn't really get nausea but I was dry heaving like a mother fucker. The experience was great though, the visuals were INSANE and at one point I put the theme song to The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on and I watched it ripple and wave throughout my bedroom. That was probably the greatest trip of my summer.

A friend who is very reliable in her information finds 10mg of 2C-T-7 to be plenty when 'plugged.' As I recall, she generally needed 30mg or so to achieve the effects she was looking for with oral dosing. This is one of the few psychedelics that I have enourmous interest in 'plugging' and will indeed try it that way one day.