• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

I'm really sad to say that i didn't get enough experience with 2c-e to comment on its visuals. it was my first 2c-x and i was completely enamored with low dose (2mg rectal, or 4mg oral) ability to completely change the flavor of a day. slight color enhancement, incredible increase in the appreciation of music, and don't even get me started on the tactile sensations! but i gave away most of it so i never got a chance to try any dose higher than 16mg oral.

2c-i i've taken orally up to 24mg and it does have a very malleable visual quality at that level. Points of light (stars, headlights, lighters, etc) would sparkle like those fireworks that shimmer and crackle. Subtle fields on the other hand (clouds, grass, etc) would fuzz over with a 'smoky' appearance that continuously shifted brightness and shade.

as for closed-eye visuals, i was HEAVILY reminded of my own mushroom OEV/CEV experiences by the 24mg 2C-I closed-eye visuals. Heavily biased toward orange, yellow, with contrasting purple and green. All continuously warping and swirling. 2C-E on the other hand felt like a laser show in my eyes-- bright lines and patterns of thin color against a black background, with more of a 'strobe' effect and less swirly motion.

i hope that i will find 2c-e again in teh future, because i think i liked the body high of 2c-e better than that of 2c-i. it's kind of hard to tell without a direct comparison though.

2C-I is quite mild visually, for me. But it has had its moments... like when no trypts have been ingested for a long time. It shines more in positive mental effects.

My problem with 2C-I is concern for aftereffects. I used to get depression afterwards that was not as intense but similar to MDMA comedown. Of course, most amps do that. But I remember doing it frequently for a while, and not feeling right for some time. This is quite inspecific and subjective I know, but its true for me.

I admit to wanting to try it again though, its been a long time.

I have my first trip on erowid ... i think under RetroGrade. i know it was like 8 years ago. I thought I had posted it here but turns out I don't think I had an account yet.

After reading my trip report, I realized this is the only time I actually vomited from 2C-I, but nausea was present nearly all the time on comeups (I've probably done this stuff 35+ times), but usually subsided near peak, but sometimes reignited at comedown.

How is the nausea for you guys, and what is the timing for it like? Ever vomited?

Last edited:
my experience has been, it lasts for years. I once got paranoid years ago and buried my stash, and 2ci was the only thing that survived months underground (although mainly due to the well-sealed bag). Last dose was taken a few months back, which made it... 4 years after purchase date, and the trip wasn't any different dosage wise than when first received.

I'd suspect storing it as powder would be better.

GuatamaToro, let us know how it goes/went and how it compares to your memories of the Brominated form. I personally think difference would only be in dosage, but I'm sure its been discussed and people have come up with all kinds of little special subjective differences. In my experience, the experiences weren't close enough to remember exactly, but it seemed the same (CI vs CB).

Will do. I'll create a comparison / contrast list of 20 MG of I to B. I'm very excited. I'm tripping with this girl I dated for a month. We'll be going to this park and it should be incredible considering that it is autumn.

The key to consuming 2c

2c-i and 2c-e are insanely water soluble. Therefore mixing with water is better than just eating it like a pill.

but the best way to consume any 2c-i, 2c-e, 2c-b...

SNORT IT its WAYYYYYYYYY more intense
I always end up regretting eating it. Snorting it makes it hit you quicker and harder. the peak is way more intense than eating it. Stop being a bunch of POOOOOOOOOONS and just snort it!%)

as for visuals. 2c-i has more in your face hallucinations (things moving around and looking geometrical) as apposed to 2c-e
2c-e brightens and darkens things. more colors.

all the 2c visuals look like things are being brought in and out of focus

and as for my dosage. i normally snort 30mg+ of 2c-i or 2c-e anything less just wont cut it
and as for the nausea, SMOKE WEED the entire time and you will feel better/hallucinate more
after all weed is a psychedelic =P

acid owns 2c though. lsd is my favorite psychedelic because its not as crazy as 2c. you feel like you have more control over things.

2c does whatever the hell it wants! lol

side note: on 2c-i i get this insane urge to make fun of/mess with things, people or ideas
in a very brutal way

Last edited:
Is it better to throw my dose of 2C-I in warm water or cool water? Also, please explain the reasoning to why which is better.

Anyone? I'm dosing in like 4 hours and it'd be nice to know if I should put it in warm or cold water. I'm going to pour it in, stir it up, then immediately drink.

I honestly dont think itl make too much of a difference, the extent of my knowledge tell me that the cold is best.... Since popping a capsule with dry 2ci works fine. Hiwver the warm wAter might dissolve the 2ci quicker, but like i said i dont know f that helps.

Im curious as to if putting 2ci in a solvent liquid gives you a stronger experience than just orally taking a dry capsule. The only way i could see this being the case was if the solvent protected the 2ci frpm degredation in thee stomach. Hope someone understands what i wrote haha....

I read once, somewhere, of people dissolving it in vodka. The alcohol is absorbed through the stomach quickly, but I don't know if it takes the 2C-I along for the ride or not.

Yes, alcohol would be a better medium for it to cross into bloodstream.

Next time I dose i'm going to do this, because it always seems to take way too long to comeup when taken in capsule or dry. the experience may last 6-8 hours plus 2 hours extra needed to sleep, but since it takes almost 2 hours to come on, you have to remember to have 12 hours + sleep time. low medium / lower doses its more like 9 or 10.

I'll be dosing some 2C-I in the morning, I've got it dissolved in some vodka in a hermetic jar, 500mg in 250mL vodka.

I'm a little anxious about it because I didn't have any way to be certain it was 500mg (or even that it's 2C-I) I'm just taking the RC suppliers word for it. They seem legit, but how would I know? Probably shouldn't have been reading the horror stories where people get sent the wrong RC, on the night before I intended to dose an RC for the first time :S.

I intend to start off with what should be a 15mg dose if that little packet of white powder is in fact 500mg of 2C-I and adjust from there. I'm sure I'm just being overly paranoid, but better that than the opposite I guess.

You ought to feel modestly stimmy from 15mg 2C-I, only some visuals a little over threashold, but nothing too impressive. For some people it ends up being more than that, but IME this is the most common reaction to such a dose... you'll at least find it enjoyable and not a waste I bet.

25mg should have you seeing thick flickering trails behind anything that moves, and an extremely nearly cosmic Zen-like state where stopping all internal verbalizing and all other thought processes is second nature and you feel like your're blurring into the background.

You ought to feel modestly stimmy from 15mg 2C-I, only some visuals a little over threashold, but nothing too impressive. For some people it ends up being more than that, but IME this is the most common reaction to such a dose... you'll at least find it enjoyable and not a waste I bet.

25mg should have you seeing thick flickering trails behind anything that moves, and an extremely nearly cosmic Zen-like state where stopping all internal verbalizing and all other thought processes is second nature and you feel like your're blurring into the background.

I realise that 15mg *shouldn't* be too intense, it's more of a calibrating dose than anything else. Seeing where I stand and making sure my assumptions about what I have are correct.

I've the whole day to myself tomorrow so if I find it lacking I can always take a little more.

Heh, I never got anything spectacular out of 2C-I. Ever. Well... when I took 48mg that was a trip... but really, it was just an extremely boring barely-considered-psychedelic substance for me... it was more of a stimulant than anything. I remember I took 28mg of 2C-I one time and got so stimmed I went for a 10 mile walk... literally just paced around the 2 mile block around my grandmother's 5 times... But that's really all I got from it unless I was looking at the LCD on my computer - then text moved and sometimes I'd get some patterns...

But ironically, the HPPD from it was MORE visual than the trips I had ON it.

N3wt, why not just eat a few mgs or better yet 1mg (better yet a fraction of an mg) just to make sure it isn’t some other weird stuff? You have 500mgs so that should give you plenty of room to play around and find a good dose right? You say you are being paranoid but yours is a damn good situation in which to be paranoid. The best advice is to start ridiculously small, at least for that first initial trial, and slowly work your way up. I mean, look at some of these vendors these days and some of the drugs they are playing around with.

My first 10mg dose of 2ci was a definite +++ experience, and now I’m pretty sure 10mg could never give me a +++. I’d need at least 15-16mg for that now. The first time you take 15mgs will probably be the hardest you ever trip on that dose, which is another good reason to start low and work up. You’ll keep some of the magic in the experience longer that way. Good luck with your adventures.

I started at 15 mg, it wasn't bad at all. I actually noticed the visuals before the body load or any body high at all. Took about an hour to kick in. I was pretty stimmed but only speaking, it wasn't like I needed to pace around, I was fine just sitting at the comp during some of it. And yes, text is definitely interesting. It was a very euphoric experience with a lot of laughs.

My next experiment was going to be 20mg but my scale was iffy so I just erred on the side of caution and went for 18mg. I'll probably go for 22mg next time. My 18mg experience was a diff come up though, I noticed the body load about 30 mins in this time. Was a bit more edgy, we had also come inside from a bright day into a dim house so I was getting flashing shades of red in my entire vision, which made my trip to the bathroom very intense, lots of morphing with the patterns on my tile floor. I got this contrast on 2c-e too but it was more like a general film/layer of static light or darkness.
My gf and I spent a lot of time just looking for visual catalysts this trip, we'd turn the lamps on and check out the shadows on the wall morph around, we even noticed a lot of similar shades of color like our bedroom had a whole RBG spectrum. Then we'd lay on the floor and stare at the shadows from the ceiling light, we have a very interesting fixture.

Still no trails or crazy patterns though. Even though the visuals were about on par with my research of 2c-e(10, 15 and 18 mg), the 2c-e showed a bit more patterns morphing around, especially staring at my skin. Both are pretty good for vivid visuals though, skin in general is very interesting, I was very entertained by my girlfriends freckles.
I'm still looking for some crazy colorful kaleidoscopic patterns like I got with amt, ordered some of that recently and hoping to appreciate it like I did years ago. It seems the 2c-x substances I tried are mostly just visual when it comes to morphing and shadows/light but I still need to research them further. And don't get me wrong, I'm not just looking for visuals here.. I'm under playing how intense these experiences were emotionally and mentally but that's a bit harder to discuss all the meaning I was able to find in everything. As far as an emotional comparison, I'll say I cried a lot more from my 2c-e trips. I did get very emotional the day after my last 2c-i trip though... damn Toy Story 3 and Bill Hicks documentary.

Last edited:
I get some definite visuals from 12mgs, tons of visuals from 15mgs, and even tons more visuals from 18mgs which is the highest I’ve gone because the physical stimulation of 2ci while tripping can wreak havoc on my headspace, especially when combining with cannabis which is a must for me every time. However, after reading so many reports I realize I’m relatively sensitive to the effects.

I don’t think 2ci is nearly as psychedelic on the mind as 2ce or lsd, but I do get tons of open and closed eye visuals from it. Nevertheless, I do find 2ci to be fairly psychedelic on the mind, especially mixed with cannabis, just not as much as other things.

I ended up trying out 10mg to start. I didn't get any nausea or body load to speak of at that dose, felt mildly stimulated, like I'd had some coffee. Visuals at that level were actually more than I expected, though very user friendly. I only got a bit of a startle when my Jim Morrison poster which I'd been watching slowly morph suddenly morphed very quickly.

I tried taking another 8mg to up the experience, but I was around 4 hours in by that time so all it really did was prolong the experience. Between around t+6 and t+6:30 it did amp up a bit though, the most intense visual being watching my ceiling spinning opposite to my fan in muted purples and yellows as pixels sort of rained down. I only got this if I really let my eyes relax though.

All in all a fairly successful experiment. I'm not feeling any after effects at all really, other than being a bit tired.

So I thought I'd update this with my further experiments.

I've gone as high as 24mg in the time since, and I've had some interesting experiences. As the dosage increases visuals get more intense, and music euphoria goes through the roof...the only problem is the stims really start to get in the way of having a good time. I'm not a big fan of stimulants period, so the massive amount of stimulation that comes from a 20mg+ dose is really uncomfortable to me. I find myself constantly having to stop myself from grinding my teeth, and constantly moving around, very restless.

I guess I always find myself reaching for more psychedelic effects and less stimulation. That said, it is an interesting substance.

The really amazingly thick intense trails didn't manifest for me till I got up to 25mg. Not at 20, nor at 22. Some sort of pharmacological/brain threshold it seems, at least for me.

May be a little strongly stimmy, but even if you don't care for that effect, those ultra-trails, more impressive than even those I've seen on LSD and Shrooms, are worth it IMO... quite a show!