Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

any major dude

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread

299px-2C-I-Chemdraw.png
2ci_powder1_resized.jpg

2C-I = 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine ; structural formula on the left ; 2C-I powder on the right (photo courtesy of the ruling Erowid.org)

f4lcud.jpg

f4lcud.jpg

Talk 2C-I now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ate ~3mg and snorted ~1mg to make sure my new batch is up to par... tastes like lab chemicals!

2C-I + high dose nitrous oxide has a better body high than gascid... discuss!

Never combined 2C-I with nitrous oxide but I can imagine it's spectacular. I've done it with 2C-E and... holy fuck.

Looking back almost all my memories of 2C-I involve hysterical laughter, it's such a comical mindset for me. I love me some 2C-I.

Final 2C-I Question (Dosing it in water)

The first time I did 2C-B it was thrown into water by my guy, stirred up, and I drank it. It was 20 MG to be exact. The trip was absolutely amazing and to this day stands as one of my favorite trips.

Now, I'm about to have 20 mg of 2C-I and I wanted to know if I can just take it and throw it into a shot glass of water, stir it up with a toothpick (or anything, really) and drink it. Then refill the glass about 3 more times to make sure I get everything.

Would this work perfectly fine WITHOUT ruining the potency of the 2C-I?

Also, please note that I don't have any alcohol (Vodka) to put it in and I'm not going to injest it.

Thank you in advance, Bluelighters. You guys help so much.

That should be just fine. Many people prefer to place the compound in a small paper (rolling paper) and form a small pill that can be swallowed easily.

What I do for sublingual administration is crush up an Altoid, mix with 2C-I, and place under tongue and hold until it's completely dissolved. Altoids cover up the 2C-I pretty well (not completely) and dose is stronger / comes on faster.

Or a capsule that you have supplements in could simply be emptied and the 2C-I put in there and swallowed.

100 mg 5-HTP capsules are be big enough to hold typical doses of the 2C compounds.

Whenever you want to take some just open the cap and pour the contents into a drink.

Later, when you want to take 2C-*, you can use the empty cap.

This works pretty well if you can't find caps or don't want to buy them for some reason.

I do exactly what you suggest. I measure it in distilled water after weighing it, stir it in a shot glass and dose. I've considered refilling it to make sure I get everything but I haven't attempted this yet. My batch of 2c-i needed a lot more stirring than the 2c-e I got from a different vendor though.. I had to stir pretty seriously and it took maybe 10-15 mins to fully dissolve.

Hell, I just dump the 25-30mg of straight powder on the back of my tongue and down with a little sweet drink of some kind.

For sublingual use (lets me use a little less... 15mg, 20 for a stronger trip), I first swish with a Listerine-style mouthwash, brand name or store generic, containing both alcohol AND MENTHOL, both of which increase absorption thru mouth tissues, for a minute, and dump the raw powder directly under my tongue... doesnt really taste too bad or burn more than a little.. adding a crushed small mint does sound like a good idea... actually I think mint might help it absorb as well. After about 20minutes I will take a drink, swish and swallow to be sure it all get into my system in a timely manner just in case. It seems to come up quicker under the tongue, but also not last quite as long, but still great.

Note these amounts lean toward the "strong" end of dosing.

Bump for question on putting the 2C in a Niacin capsule or any capsule and swallowing the enclosed pill with water

yeah dude, you'll be fine

although you should empty out the niacin first (probably a DUH but you never know) cause the niacin will pump up your heart rate and make your skin flush, which you want to avoid with a compound that already is rather stimulating

and dont bump your own threads

Sure, that'll be just fine. DON'T take within 3 hours of a meal... this can greatly reduce strength and increase time to come on ALOT... a little something like a quickly absorbed protein drink is OK... add 2-3 grams of Vitamin C (use non-acidic Ester-C form) as well as other antioxidants you can afford... CO-Q10 and Alpha-Lipoic Acid are both good to prevent neural stress from free-radicals, they also protect the heart muscle and enhance body's oxygen and energy utilization.

DO NOT take with or within 30 minutes of anything very acidic like Orange or Grapefruit juice... some disagree but I find and pharmacological research all say that phenethylamine absorption is significantly slowed/blocked by added acids in the stomach like these, as well as first-pass elimination via kidneys is increased. [notice that on a script bottle for ANY amphetamine, they now add a little sticker to this effect... if you dont believe me google for presescribing/dosing info from official med sites, or wikipedia]

Sure, that'll be just fine. DON'T take within 3 hours of a meal... this can greatly reduce strength and increase time to come on ALOT... a little something like a quickly absorbed protein drink is OK... add 2-3 grams of Vitamin C (use non-acidic Ester-C form) as well as other antioxidants you can afford... CO-Q10 and Alpha-Lipoic Acid are both good to prevent neural stress from free-radicals, they also protect the heart muscle and enhance body's oxygen and energy utilization.

DO NOT take with or within 30 minutes of anything very acidic like Orange or Grapefruit juice... some disagree but I find and pharmacological research all say that phenethylamine absorption is significantly slowed/blocked by added acids in the stomach like these, as well as first-pass elimination via kidneys is increased. [notice that on a script bottle for ANY amphetamine, they now add a little sticker to this effect... if you dont believe me google for presescribing/dosing info from official med sites, or wikipedia]

You're the best <3

Hello, i was wondering whats a good way to store 2ci for a while?
I read about mixing with liquid but am not exactly sure could someone shed some light into this?
And also how to measure out liquid mixtures of it for blotter use? Much thanks!

Last edited:
Hello, i was wondering whats a good way to store 2ci for a while?
I read about mixing with liquid but am not exactly sure could someone shed some light into this?
And also how to measure out liquid mixtures of it for blotter use? Much thanks!

The 2C-I can be stored as a powder in most conditions for longer than your lifetime, so no need to take any special precautions.

^ and as far as dosing, the most precise method will be liquid measurement.

If you have a milligram (0.001g) scale, then you will be able to dose 20mg (0.020g) accurately for a single dose.

If you have a centigram (0.01g) scale, then you CANNOT accurately dose a single 20mg (0.02g) dose. The scale is NOT PRECISE at this level and you MUST use liquid measurement.

See the big and dandy liquid measurement thread for more info, and don't hesitate to ask if you're confused about your scale or any calculations! we want to make sure you get a safe dose!

EDIT: i just saw your mention of blotter dosing. 20mg of 2C-I will not fit on a blotter. Drugs that will 'fit' on blotter must be active in the 1-2mg range, because any more than that will be visible as a white powder that will fall right off the paper instead of staying trapped in the fibers.

my experience has been, it lasts for years. I once got paranoid years ago and buried my stash, and 2ci was the only thing that survived months underground (although mainly due to the well-sealed bag). Last dose was taken a few months back, which made it... 4 years after purchase date, and the trip wasn't any different dosage wise than when first received.

I'd suspect storing it as powder would be better.

GuatamaToro, let us know how it goes/went and how it compares to your memories of the Brominated form. I personally think difference would only be in dosage, but I'm sure its been discussed and people have come up with all kinds of little special subjective differences. In my experience, the experiences weren't close enough to remember exactly, but it seemed the same (CI vs CB).

Last edited:
alright thanks for the help, so if i was to measure out a 100mg dose, dissolve would it able to be dropped onto blotter.

visuals

/\ If you read his post or had a basic concept of dosage, you'd know that answer. /\
Maybe you shouldn't be playing with chemicals, no offense?

Alright next topic...

2C-I visuals! vs 2C-E, 4-tryptamines and LSD.

I remember the first time I did 2C-I, one morning. 16mg. What lovely, "digital" visuals I had! This was my first PEA experience, but had done 4 different tryptamines. CI had more soft, bright and glowy ones... eh its hard to put into words.

2C-E seemed to have darker visuals, or a dark impression to them anyway, mentally and emotionally. However, CE at a laser show was amazing, and both an old friend and I mistaspliff (he still here? don't know) both felt like we wanted to "melt into" the visuals shown on the planetarium. It was more intense, and I ended up having to drive :/ never again. A "yield up ahead" sign will NEVER look the same, and i still get kind of creeped out/giggly when I see one thanks to CE.

So far, 4-aco-dmt has been visually inferior to CI at roughly equal dosages, however, mentally the imagination is exponentially more enhanced on 4-dmt.