• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

Captain Kratom, have you tried more than one batch of 2C-I? Or was the product lab analyzed?

2 batches, several years apart... neither have been analyzed. Certain phens just don't do much for me, though it's entirely possible there were purity issues (seems kinda unlikely being that both batches required generally the same amount, despite being completely different batches from different sources and aquired many years apart, like 5 or so years). My doses shouldn't be used as any sort of barometer for any readers, something I probably should've made clear in prior posts.

I did 36mg once (had a bunch of 18mg pills, one day decided to take two just to see what would happen, this was years ago when I was inexperienced with everything)
Had a lot of muscle spasms and extreme nystagmus. Also a bizarre vision of being underground in some sort of magickal ceremony, surrounded by entities wearing cloaks over their heads.
Years later I was stunned when I came across a drawing very similar to my vision in a book (The Underworld Initiation by R. J. Stewart).

Anyways, since then I've never gone over 24mg. ;)

I took this one last night @ 16 mgs. It was different compared to anything I've done, as the visuals and body high were unexpectedly stimulating and trippy at the same time. Similar to a candyflip in that way, but different in all other aspects. The trip seemed very well-rounded since it lasted a good 9 hours or so, wasn't really mind-fucky but the visuals were there, and the comedown was smooth. The only other 2C I've taken was 2C-P, but it wasn't like that one either. Xorkoth gave me really good info, since I did feel like my brain was on overdrive from the head high, visuals, mental stimulation and lights had an aura/glow to it. My visual field seemed uncharacteristically hazy but sharp, especially anywhere too dark or too bright, there were auras there. It seems like it would be very psychedelic at higher doses. My mind seemed to race a lot but I never felt uncomfortable.

This 2C-I is a nice chem. I don't think I'll be combining this with a trypt because it will probably get too trippy. Taking it on its own feels like a combination of drugs already.

Has anyone tried or chime in with Poppy Seed Tea and 2C-C? Dose would probably be around 300g's on the PST and I'm thinking 15-20mg orally for the 2C-C, any input would be appreciated.

Any idea how long this stuff can keep at room temperature?

I stupidly and unknowingly had my stash of 2c-i sitting at room temperature for about 2 years; in an air-tight container, mind you. I have all my long-term-storage stuff in the freezer and I somehow accidentally hadn't included this one. Sucks because I loved 2c-i.

I think it should be absolutely fine, I wouldn't worry about it at all, phenethylamine compounds are said to be extremely stable. Maybe 2C-I is the exception to this rule, but I've never heard that before.

I believe it's quite stable even at room temperature. Phenethylamine salts generally are predicted to outlive a human. I'd be very surprised if it degraded at all unless it was hot or something, or wet.

Awesome. :) I've had some pretty significant trips on 2c-i. Can't wait till I have a chance to try it again, but it'll likely be quite a while.

Heard this on the radio yesterday

Edit - about stability, Sasha said in PiHKAL that if they had some mescaline sealed up in the Great Pyramid of Giza it'd be just as potent today as it was 4500 years ago. Same should be true of many other PEAs!

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I want to share my experience <3

I finally got around to trying 2C-I a couple of days ago after having some in my stash for I don't even no how long. I took ~25mg on an empty stomach (I meant to eat beforehand but forgot to - I then tried to down as much of an instant ramen as I could) around 12:30PM and felt it come on around 1PM. I was expecting it to take longer to feel anything, must have been due to my empty stomach. In reading through people's experiences with 2C-I I saw several statements that the bodyload is light and nausea is uncommon. Well I couldn't even eat my whole cup of instant ramen before getting super nauseous and throwing up not once, but twice. This is a bit unusual for me because I do often get nauseous on psychedelics others than LSD, but it usually passes without me vomiting. I also noticed a feeling of electricity or slight tremors in my body. I read on here that a lot of other people experienced that during the comeup so I was not worried at all, nor was it completely unpleasant.

Anyways, after the second upchuck I finally felt better stomach-wise and the trip really started to unfold. I had strong visuals but not in the patterning or melty variety, more like lots of colors and tracers. I drew a little bit and it was fun to play with colored pencils (usually when I do draw I stick to pen) and let the tracers guide my art. I put some clips of Tipper sets on my tv and they sounded amazing. I mean, I already love Tipper but at some points I was literally snapchatting my friends bits of the sets as if I was actually at a show. The visuals he has for his sets were perfect in the moment as well.

My mind was relatively clear; I wasn't bogged down with memories that make my feel guilty (like 4-AcO-DMT) or stuck in my thoughts (like 2C-E). One of the things I enjoyed the most throughout the trip was talking to my friends via my phone. A bunch of my friends and I are in a group chat on Snapchat, and two of my friends also decided to trip on the same day in their respective phones. So we were all sending each other ridiculous pictures/videos/etc and I loved the absurdity as well as the sense of connection. Even browsing Facebook was fun, although I only did it for a bit before getting distracted, and I'm not usually one to use my phone much while tripping.

I spent a good part of the trip watching Dr. Strange for the first time, which was the perfect movie to put on while under the influence of psychedelics. Seriously, if you guys haven't seen it yet, take your trippy drug of choice and watch ASAP. It's basically DMT: The Movie. To the point where it made me deeply consider smoking some deems, but I didn't get around to that.

I also spent some time playing with my hoop and fire fans, and it felt really good to flow. I felt like I was close to unlocking some new moves but unsurprisingly would get distracted before long and end up doing something else. Food was also delicious once I remembered that it existed. Some psychedelics make me the opposite of hungry for the entire trip, but on 2C-I I could eat after only a couple hours into the trip. I made a very simple tofu meal but it was still super satisfying.

The trip last around 5 hours, a little shorter than I was expecting. I still felt off from baseline for a few hours after but the visuals and magic were definitely gone. The comedown itself was neutral to unnoticeable and I just felt content from having a very nice day hanging out with myself and my cat. Solo trips are so important and I don't give myself enough opportunities for them. This one was timed just right as I am beginning my second semester of graduate school next week so it was like a way to cleanse my mind before jumping back into that. Overall this was a very pleasant chemical other than the nausea on the comeup. I would take this at a festival but maybe start the trip at the campsite or in an open space in case I need to run to a trashcan/porta potty.

The Big and Dandies never die! No need to be sorry to post in it. :)

Interesting that it was only 5 hours for you, do you tend to metabolize drugs quickly? It usually lasts 6-8 hours for me. Anyway, yeah sounds like 2C-I. I find it to be a fun chemical, pretty euphoric, and pretty clearheaded and sociable. The exception is that when I take it high enough, my thoughts become very chaotic, not in a profound way, but in a way where I feel somewhat insane. Difficulty holding a train of thought, lots of weird tangents, nonsense thoughts, etc.

2C-I was my favorite 2C out of all the ones I've tried (and I've tried nearly all of them).. It lasted pretty much 6ish hours for me @20mg doses.. Very euphoric and clear headed.. My roommates and I would take it when going to parties and no one would really notice we'd be off our faces.

Wish is was still as accessible as it use to be.. definitely fun stuff

Yeah for some reason, although 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-D, 2C-E, 2C-P and even 2C-iP are readily available if you know where to look, I don't know of any place that offers 2C-I anymore. Or any of the 2C-Ts (T-2 is a gem, T-21 is really nice, and I hear T-4 is also great stuff, and of course T-7 although since that one's illegal it makes sense - then again, so is 2C-B).

There was a brief window right before the canadian 2c-x ban when 2ci could be had wholesale for a song...

I don't have much experience with either, but is it just me or is there some similarity in psychedelic flavour between 2C-I and 5-MeO-MiPT?

To me, they're both euphoric and stimulating, but 5-MeO-MiPT is much cleaner-feeling and more psychedelic (and less visual), and it feels like a tryptamine, whereas 2C-I certainly feels like a phenethylamine.

Hadn't had this chem since 2016 I saw it on the dweb relatively cheap and I must get my hands on it as I personally loved this chem. I trust the markets more than the cheap Chinese vendors although I wish I could find a trustworthy one to get a good wholesaler. Gonna get a gram in the next couple months nonetheless.

Last edited:
2CI was the first RC I tried back in the begining of the 0'ies. It was all the rage in the rave scene in the town I'm from. First I bought a gram with a friend, and when that was gone, I bought one gram just for myself. Dosage wise, 15 mg was a mild trip. 20 mg a strong trip, and over 20 mg I wouldn't take without a tolerance. I did have a freind who spazed out and vomited and lost control on 35 mg. Going over 20 mg it has a steep dose/response curve for sure.

Even before I new what a phenethylamine was, I figured out that it was related to mescaline, even though I hadn't even tried mescaline at that time, just going by the CEV's. Man, they are beautiful. Extremely stylized and mesoamerican indian-like in style. Actually still my favorite CEV's of all psychedelics.

Now I haven't taken it for ages, even though I still think I have some in the freezer. The downside of 2CI for me, is that it clearly has some heavy noradrenaline/serotonine releasing/inhibition whatever effect. It's much more stimulating than any other phenethylamine I've tried. Leading to teeth clenching aswell as feeling a little down and emotionally worn out the day after. No other 2C's does this for me.

It was my first rc too! The visuals and headspace are the reason I like it so much. I've done doses as high as 60mg a few times with amazing results. I have to agree it has noradrenaline effects and causes some anxiety and speediness on the comeup. It's definitely a gem I preferred it to 2c-b although 2c-b is amazing too.

Extremely stylized and mesoamerican indian-like in style.

It's funny I always found the visuals to be very much in the mesoamerican style. 2C-I is interesting, I never got much headspace from it but I found it very euphoric and trippy. It felt superficial, but really fun. It also gave me some interesting illusions of perspective. One thing I remember is that at full doses, I would feel like I had a copy of myself, and we shared heads, but my copy extended upwards in t he same position I was in, connected at the head. As if there was a mirror balancing on top of my head, and everything continued above that mirror. I could feel the other body as if I existed in both places at once. It was a really interesting sensation and quite unique.

Also my first RC. :) Well, my first RC I seeked out... my neighbor was selling "foxy" back in 2002, he sold 20mg doses for $20 (we were told 20mg was the dose). I didn't know anything about it, I only kenw it as some new drug called "foxy". I enjoyed it quite a bit actually. But I acquired 2C-I after a lot of research, and it was my first in that sense.