• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-E thread (Reorganized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2C-E and the senses

That is a very good description of what happens on 2C-E. I experienced this to the max with 25mg. All my senses blended into one cosmically orgasmic universal all-white chorus of angels singing and making love to me all at once. It brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sense blending

A couple of days ago, I had another 17.5mg trip (its 10 months since the last one) and the blending of senses feeling happened again (although this wasn't a ++++ trip, it was a very enjoyable +++). For a while, I actually had a feeling of being lost in a nearby wood that I know very well (was with a friend having his 1st experience on 2C-E), and this was due to not being able to differentiate the input from my individual senses. The fact that there was also a thick fog, and that it was 11pm may have contributed, but the sensory blending does seem unique to 2C-E, although I have not experienced a +++ from 2C-P (max 2C-P dose so far is 5mg).

Anybody had this happen with any other 2C-X drug?

This takes me far far beyond anything else I've ever experienced. There is nothing else quite like it. It takes me to vast cathedrals on darkened plains drenched in icicles where pilgrims go to die, grand, empty, cold. Majestic, windswept, empty and forever, this place goes on for fuckin ever dude and you haven't got a hope. It is terrifying, the imagery is nonstop and completely overwhelming. It takes me to strange lands on strange worlds, it whispers to me and shows me things. It tells me of its endless and icy glamours. It's very very cold.

I had no control whatsoever, in fact there wasn't even an *I* there anymore, there just was. And what there was, was forever, standing there in cold icy stone.

I am fucking awed, I'm completely stunned. I'm glad I made it back ok, because they were times I wasn't sure I would.

just to drag this thread back up...out of all who have taken 2C-E here, how many of you have noticed a very profound effect on your olfactory system?

normally, my sense of smell is not very strong, sometimes verging on anosmia. sometimes i can pick up certain smells just fine, but completely miss others.

seemingly dose-independent (from low (active, but far from "tripping face" (as the kids call it these days)) to large doses), on 2C-E, i have always experienced strong incredible (percieved) enhancement of my sense of smell, distortions of smells, hallucinated smells, what have you. it also changed how i felt or reacted to certain smells. on at least 2 occassions, i think it may have changed how my unconscious hardwired meat-systems reacted to phermones.

the effects will sometimes last throughout the next day.

this could have all sorts of wonderful research potential...perhaps someone could run experiments in rodents and see if their ability to smell is "enhanced" or whatever. of course, perhaps there are other chemicals that act only on the olfactory system, rather than being fullblown psychedelic hallucinogens.

Last edited:
Intersting that you bring up the smell issue. This weekend I had an amazing time with 2c-e and now that you remind me of it, I was picking up more smells than I usually do. Particullarly I started smelling the ashtray, and as avid smoker, I've learned to kind of tune out the smell. I had forgotten about that until I read the post above, but I definatly remember it now.

not only smell, even gustatory hallucinations. first time i ever experienced that; i could even feel taste (lol) (mind you i was not eating or drinking anything at the time)
2C-E also seems to have a strong reverse tolerance (at least for me) my last 15.8mg dose yesterday kicked the hell out of all previous ones (including a 23.6mg one)

2C-E is like .. poetry :D definitly one of my favorites

I certainly notice the smell enhancement on psychedelics, but more commonly with phenethylamines. The best smell enhancers would have to be 2C-E and Mescaline. I have experimented with 2C-E in lower doses and am surprised that it is still quite powerful.

Some day I'm looking forward to trying a moderate LSD dose in combination with a low 2C-E dose.

I think the hightened smell thing is part of the overall sensory effects of 2C-E. Not sure if it was earlier in this thread that I made a comment about the fact that for me, 2C-E causes a sort of sensory blending so that it becomes hard to separate one sort of sensory input from another.

The bit Neo1 mentioned about the red roses is a good example. I'd bet that the sensation of the smell of the roses was heightened by the fact that the redness of the petals really stood out. It's just that I've had a similar experience that was a combination of smell and vision. The city where I live has the brewery that produces Newcastle Brown Ale (have you guessed where it is yet?!), and at times there is a smell that comes from there that reminds me of treacle toffee, but on one occasion, walking past the brewery, the intensity of the smell suddenly increased in strength several fold; the jump seemed to be linked with seeing the big bright blue star on the side of the building (it's the Scottish & Newcastle trade mark), which has that weird quality that UV flourescents have.

PS with mescaline, I've reached the point now that a lot of smells all remind me in some way of vomit (probably because there's always someone who does the big spit after mescaline!)

Has anyone experienced any strange auditory effects on 2C-E? I'm not referring to music specifically (though it sounds absolutely incredible), but to other auditory effects. I've heard whispering voices- which was just a little bit frightening, I'd say more extremely bizarre than actually scary. And everytime I've taken 2C-E I've noticed a low, machine-like hum that grows in sound then recedes, grows and recedes, grows and recedes- and as it grows I can literally almost feel the sound, and as it grows correspondingly so do the visions and hallucinations seem to grow in intensity- then slowly settle back to a 'manageable' level as the sound recedes.

This is just a fascinating psychedelic. %)

^^^ Definitely experienced auditory effects, every time I taste 2C-E....

Everything gets all rhythmic. It's normally morning when I'm approaching the end of the plateau, and the sounds outside of the birds, cars, people leaving to go to work, street sweepers etc.... well they all kind of 'bunch-up' and come in waves, and these waves organise themselves into rhythms. Quite catchy tunes actually :)

If I have been listening to music beforehand or playing the keyboard, this is more pronounced. Perhaps it's an imprint of the music I was listening to previously (kinda like the auditory equivalent of visual trails, delayed by about an hour!)

Weird!

2C-E is probably the most visual drug I've ever put into my body. It doesn't do much at the lower doses, but when you get a decent dose of the stuff it melts the house down. I don't think its just me either, as I watched people on something near 50 doses I gave out and they saw all kinds of shit going on.

lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,

I'm curious as a few people have mentioned 2C-E's "dark side" lately, mostly in the 2C-P thread. I thought I'd bump this in the hopes that somebody might care to elaborate?

I'm thinking of trying 2C-E in the near future (I've only taken like 3-4mg before, about a year ago, just to test the body energy of it)... but even after reading probably every BL and erowid 2C-E trip report I didn't have the impression that it had a definite "dark side" until lately.

I wouldn't say 2C-E has a dark side. My 20mg 2C-E trip was loaded with such powerful feelings of love, grace, and divine euphoria, that it puts LSD and MDMA to shame. I did have a particularly dark 2C-E experience, but my state of mind at the time, as well as the setting (camping on site on an Indian massacre in E. Colorado) probably had something to do with it. I'd easily label 2C-E an 'emotionally neutral' psychedelic, but definitely not a 'dark' psychedelic.

I look forward to reading of your experience B.D.

2C-E's "dark side" lately, mostly in the 2C-P thread.

Well, I said it in those 2c-p threads it because I do think has a "dark side" at least when comparing it to 2c-p. But I don't mean it in a negative way. Its more like a fear that entertains, somewhat awe inspiring. 2c-p OTOH comes on in a much more gentle way, showing its power more subtle ways. At least for me.

One thing for sure, If you take a high enough dose of 2c-e and get swept away by it, you'll forget much of what you read about it, and just experience it.

A 'dark side' is something inherent to a user and not a chemical... I have found that hallucinogens will only go with you on your thought train, so everything you are feeling is intensified, but not necessarily altered by the drug. If a chemical takes you to a dark place, it's not altogether a bad thing to see; it's a part of you as much as the bright places, and you might benefit from analysis of your behaviour and thoughts.

It can be very variable, as well... Shulgin reacted to TMA in a negative and hostile way, while others found it good humoured and high spirited like mescaline.

Mostly I hear 2c-e described as "confusing".

It's not so much of a dark side to 2C-E, but out of all the 2C-x psychedelics I've tried (a fair few), it's most like LSD for forcing you to look at the experience and come to terms with it; with psychedelics like psilocybin, mescaline, AMT etc it's possible to 'retreat' deep inside yourself and treat the whole thing like a nightmare if things start to go wrong. That's not possible with 2C-E (or LSD) and there aren't that many psychedelics that are that forceful

^^
Well, good, I enjoy the hyper-analytical nature of LSD when it comes to dealing with even unpleasant or sensitive emotional thoughts. Although it can be a fine line between useful hyper-analysis and psychological exhaustion that can occur if it probably wasn't the best idea to eat a 10-strip that night...

Thing is, I aim for LSD around 160-200ug typically, for a manageable but "full" trip. I get the impression it takes about 14-18mg of 2C-E for most people to trip around this intensity. However, I have almost complete faith in LSD to not give me a hard time. I have much less faith in most other psychedelics, especially phenethylamines... I'll admit I'm just biased towards LSD as it's provided me with the most useful and interesting experiences in general.

Thanks for the replies, I couldn't have imagined a better bunch of responses to come from that question!

I'm thinking 12mg of 2C-E when I get around to it. I think it's better to aim low, since I'm pretty good at working my way into a deep trip on lower doses, rather than to get in over my head on what could possibly be one of the several psychedelics I consider sinister and counter-productive. I doubt 2C-E will be one of these though, from what I've read and been told..

Last edited:
t's not so much of a dark side to 2C-E, but out of all the 2C-x psychedelics I've tried (a fair few), it's most like LSD for forcing you to look at the experience and come to terms with it; with psychedelics like psilocybin, mescaline, AMT etc it's possible to 'retreat' deep inside yourself and treat the whole thing like a nightmare if things start to go wrong. That's not possible with 2C-E (or LSD) and there aren't that many psychedelics that are that forceful

Well yeah and everyone is different too. Because I've got that 'retreat' inside my self with LSD but not psilocybin. That might have something to with the fact the I used LSD at least 150 times as teenager and only used shrooms a handful of times, and that in low doses. Never did higher doses of shrooms till I was older.

i didnt notice a dark side with 2c-e either. In fact on my 20mg 2c-e trip i was feeling lots of euphoria but not in that forced mdxx type of way but more in the LSD way, if you know what i mean.
IME 16mg provided me with a trip that i found somewhat lacking. And 20mg gave me one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

I've had some experience with 2C-E. Like any True psychedelic (tm), it can be said to be anything. You can make of it what you will. I do find that it has a very real element of cold, irrefutable logic, but it is indeed very neutral.

I've tripped onj it twice before, both at 18mg, and they were both two of my strongest trips ever. The first was very, very weak in the mental sense but extremely (extremely) visual. The second was visual but less so, and was absolutely astoundingly mental AND spiritual, to the point where it's by far the strongest mind fuck I've ever experienced and the farthest "out" I've ever been. My reports are on Erowid and I will post the links here. You've probably read them before actually. They're quite new and highly rated:

First one: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=47209

Second one: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=48983

I just wanted to get my opinions about 2C-E out there. My second of the only two +4 (Shulgin scale) trips I've had was during my second 2C-E experience. it was powerful and terrifying but intensely enlightening. 2C-E happens to be one of the most respected and powerful psychedelics I have encountered, to me at least, and I hate to see all the misleading information posted about it. Especially when people treat it as a toy. it is a VERY powerful tool, MUCH more so than any of the other 2C's (except perhaps 2C-T-7 which I have not sampled).

Umm... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.