View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Same, I don't find it stimulating at all. However I would only describe 2C-C as calm.

Yes, there is a struggle to find the proper words to delineate the differences in "calm" that I'm trying to convey.

I guess I'd describe 2C-D as an "alert, focused calm" whereas I guess I'd try to describe 2C-C as being a more "sedate, 'whatever' kind of calm". Definitely a heavier calm with 2C-C, with 2C-D being more of a state of serene focus.

Lol, just reading over this post makes me think I'm splitting semantic hairs. And as always, everyone's mileage is gonna vary, so my particular wording may not jive with everyone's experience of the same material.

I would say 2C-D can definitely have a stimulating edge to it. Although I find there can be significant variability with 2C-D in terms of amount of stimulation experienced from trip to trip with similar doses. Somtimes it feels kind of like a lesser 2C-E body load with the same muscle stiffness and an almost MDMA like feel in the body, with "hand clenching" instead of jaw clenching. Alongside this stimulation, there is also a paradoxical calming, where I usually just feel like lying down, chilling out, and trying to be as relaxed as possible. I think it could be stimulating in other ways too...

which brings me to this next point:

another thread I was just reading reminded me of this experience I had fairly recently, that I thought I should share with bluelight. It was after a night of drinking and MDMA and heavy dancing that this happened. It was the same night I wrote about earlier where I also puked up blood....

Long story short...I did 2 pills of MDMA at the bar, probbaly haf 8 drinks over the course of the night. After the bar closed and I went home, I (stupidly) ate a third pill of MDMA, and swallowed a gelcap with 25 mgs of 2C-D.

This combination felt dangerously straining on my heart. After I took the third pill and 2C-D, my heart started going VERY fast and pouding ridiculously hard for some time, maybe an hour or two. I didn't really take any notes and look at the time, because I was just trying to lie down on my couch and chill the fuck out and breath. Mentally, I was pretty calm and knew I'd be okay, but I had a few moments of trying to check my pulse and couldn't really get the count right because I was too fucked up. It was not pleasant.

I think 2C-D is mostly pretty harmless.....but seeing as how it has a reputation for being good "tofu" that combines well with other drugs, and compared with the number of problems I see arising with 2C-D. Some of you may know about a Canadian Vendor that has recently been shut down by the canadian government because some kids overdosed on 2C-D.

Also, a few reports in erowid have showed up recently where people took 2C-D and mixed it with other thigns and it didn't turn out so good.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=91855

and here's an older one, with again,what seems like it "could" be heart problems. although I'm no doctor, and this is thin stuff to make claims about the medical condition of this dude.
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=77488

So i'm not saying that 2C-D is going to give you a heart attack. Just a couple of things to think about before people choose to go making all kinds of 2C-D Tofu. Maybe in certain individuals, 2C-D is especially stimulating for the heart. Or in combination with other drugs, and booze (like what I did). I'll be the first to admit it was pretty stupid to mix 3 pills, mdma, and a heavy dose of alcohol (for me), but I did what I did and learned from it.

I think 2C-D is something best enjoyed on it's own. It mixes realllllly nice with ketamine though, i gotta say. If you plug 2C-D it's got a comparble timeline to a nice little ketamine session. After the 2C-D rocket ride settles down bump a big fat bump of k and helllllllo swirling rainbow vortex.

Be safe and have fun everyone !!

Last edited:
I still didn't try my batch of 2C-D... I will soon, my heart-rate is high because I have some anxieties issues =\ Just hope I won't have an heart-attack on 2C-D :p

Here's a new one for you all. Took 50 mg MXE sublingually with a tolerance, then vaporized 10 mg of 2C-D. Note this is the first time I've even considered vaporizing this compound and could find no reference of anyone else doing it before. The 2C-D effects were not visual but brightened the visual field, caused some stimulation and created a very happy, upbeat social headspace that MXE never creates alone. Later on there were some mild visuals and patterns in carpets, etc (about 30 minutes after the vap). I never thought to try vaping it before, but 2C-Ds relatively gentle effects, short duration and lack of halogen make it a good candidate. I found 2C-C intramuscular at 20 and 30 mg awesome yet nonthreatening or overwhelming and thought 2C-D could also lend it self to these ROAs whereas with the other 2Cs would be too much.
Have any other BLers tried 2CD this way? It vaporized very cleanly and was not unpleasant at all to inhale. The effects took hold within about 1 minute and peaked in about 10 minutes. Duration of effect were about 3 hours to comedown, though with the MXE that point was difficult to discern (mighta boosted the MXE a few times after the initial dose).
I vaporized about 10 mg of 2CT7 a many years ago and was disappointed with the results. It worked but only to the level of an alert - no visuals to speak of, and this compound is normally quite heavy on those to the point of blindness.
Anyways, maybe next week I'll vap a bigger dose of 20 mg and see what happens. I think this ROA has potential and is much less painful than snorting any of the 2Cs (ouch!!!). I bet 2C-D IM or IV is cool too and plan to try that at some point. I've had this stuff on the shelf for a long time and it is severely underrated - I'm looking forward to exploring its full potential soon... The best part is that parenteral ROAs should circumvent some of the stomach pain and nausea that all 2Cs cause for me.

Maybe if you have enough material it'd be worth you trying oral too and reporting back on relative dosage. Obviously if 30-40mg oral is a similar intensity to 10mg vaped for you then it's likely you're just quite sensitive to it, while if you too have to push the dose really high then maybe vaporisation is a much underlooked ROA for this drug.

Hey dear Bluelighters,
have been reading your Forums for a while and i gotta say its really informative, thanks for the all the information i got here.
My question to 2c-d ist, has anyone experience like 5-10 mg 2c-d combined with alcohol on a party? As far as i know the compound is not neurotoxic,
nor does it cause any bad hangover, can anyone confirm it wont become much worse with alcohol ? How do the effects mix,
as i heard 5 to 10 mg only cause a slight moodlift, but thats fine for me, are you more clearheaded? less ? nuts?
Also do yoru pupils dilate or will they stay normal in that kind of range?
My experience so far include med dose dxm, shrooms, acid, speed, mdma, lsd, weed, hash , tilidin, tramadol and various diazepines.
Thanks in advance for any information
regards
Asopiar

I mixed alcohol and 2c-t-21. Its ok if you dont go too far with the booze
If you get drunk it can be quite messy. I experienced delusions a couple times. I wouldnt repeat. YMMV.

I tried 55 mg today and was very underwhelmed. I expected it to be somewhat more intense than it was, probably similar to 60 mg 2C-C in intensity and duration. Pleasant but want to up the dose.

Hello Friends!
Finally got around to 2c-d. I'm probably one of the luckier ones with very high sensitivity to most medicines. Tried a 1 mg. as an allergy test and was definitely threshold.
I was almost worried that it was gonna be 2c-p or something!

Added 7 mgs. an hour later and was very pleasantly taken to a high plus 1.
Perma-grin for sure, felt very much like a smooth-as-butter MDMA....heart-opening, warm, and soft.
Will try 15 mgs. soon, certain it will be quite useful at that level.

I know the dosage sounds strange but i'm sure it wasn't a high-velocity 2c. Of all the 2c's I've tried, none have been so utterly chilled out without any excessive energy or body-load whatsoever. Even 8 mgs. 2c-b makes me shaky with energy and relatively far more speedy than this experience. 8 mgs. of 2c-e sends me sooooooooaring. the 2c-d came on as gently as kratom or yerba mate. not twitchy or jolting at all, which is unprecedented for me with a 2c...

even though a very light experience, the effects profile fit the bill for sure.

if i started with 40 mgs., like some people, i would have been absolutely floored.
be careful friends =)....

Last edited:
The first time I had 2C-D 40mg was intensely powerful. It must have been contaminated with something because the 2C-D I have now is much, much tamer which matches nearly all of the other reports I have read. 40mg of the stuff I have now doesn't really get me going anywhere.

I like it too. It's like a little baby 2C-E.

First time I tried 75mg of it orally, after having snorted 12mg of 5-meo-dmt, didn't really get the meaning of 2C-D most likely due to the DMT having screwed something up.

Later on I have learned that 25mg or 50mg oral doses are very nice, gives a great feeling and not everyone gets visials on it. You can do 50mg of MXE and then tail it with 25mg of 2C-D and you will get an amazing acid bubble world - this one however is one of my favourites - it's really an amazing reality you are thrown into with visuals all over the place.

I have had 2C-D with MXE twice and both times I did not like it. Ate them together at around 25mg each time. I think I'd like it better with less MXE.

I have had 2C-D with MXE twice and both times I did not like it. Ate them together at around 25mg each time. I think I'd like it better with less MXE.

Try not dosing both at the same time, it's important that the MXE is in your system and has started working on the reuptake reseptors before taking the 2C-D. If you take them together you most likely get a drunken rock my boat kind of trip, atleast that's my experience where things just mesh and slide. You also need to double your MXE, at the tail of it then do the 2C-D - this will give you a special 2C-D trip instead of the MXE one.

^The 'drunken rock my boat' is a very apt description of what I was feeling both times ;)

2C-D gave me any my friends a killer headache after we did it at 55 mg.
are you saying that because you've tried 2C-E and it didn't give you a headache?
i think all the 2Cs give me a terrible headache on the comedown every time. 2C-E being the worst for this, and 2C-C producing the least headache.

@boiledfruit ... yes, man. just take less MXE. If you have mixed at the correct ratio you will feel like you are on something that is neither 2C-D or MXE and better than both.
personally i love taking them simultaneously. Taking the MXE 30 mins prior also works well.
and to echo what steingalkrs has said, you can also take the MXE a while beforehand to take advantage of its DRI (anti-depressant) effects. Most euphoric trip ever, for me, was 20 mg MXE, then 20 mg MXE + 35 mg 2C-D at +3:00. the comeup actually felt really really good (the best, but least consistent, result from mixing MXE + 2C-x)

strange how people react so differently to 2c's in terms of hangover effects. 2c-t-2 was the only one i felt a hangover from, and it was terrible...worse than MDA. i used a heck of a lot of 2c-B, a little 2c-E, and 1 2c-D, and never got anything even remotely near what would be called a hangover. in fact, 2c-B/D and DMT are the only substances i've ever used that actually make me feel better than normal after coming down the next day.

actually the only medicine i think that has ever given me a headache is cactus. pedro gave itty bitty headaches when the dose was high, and bridgesii has absolutely ripped me a new one when i overdosed on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.