• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread - Please Insert Second Disc

Having taken this a few more times at varying doses I thought I'd add my anecdotes. Once I ate 7mg to test the nootropic effect, the results were inconclusive.

The next time I took 30mg and went for a hike alone which was great fun. It wasn't too visual at this dose which was probably a good thing. One thing that stood out was how transparent it felt on my body. At this level it was very clear-headed and I felt very confident climbing up outcroppings of rock despite the altitude, although my coordination was just a little impaired. There was just hints of psychedelia at the peak to go along with an extremely serene and refreshing headspace.

3 days later (yesterday) I took 45mg and went for a hike with my lady friend. Noticeably more visual, in terms of color saturation and how the proportions of my environment as a whole were altered. There still wasn't much geometry at this level. The headspace and my body did feel a good deal heavier, at least until the plateau I wasn't sure I would be confident hiking at this level by myself and there was a lot more analytical thought-patterning than with the 30mg dose. Once I hit the plateau it was wonderful and confidence overtook me, I was acting silly and felt so much love for my partner and was able to express it in wonderful ways. This experience was really great for my relationship but also made me want to improve myself in other ways, such as how I carry and express myself.

Overall, 2C-D seems like a great compound so far. It really is short, although not fully developed until 90-120 minutes, at 30mg I was almost totally down by the third hour. With 45mg the salient effects were extended 1-2 hours longer. 30-40mg with this stuff seems like it would be the perfect range for a hiking excursion. Hiking these past two trips has been the perfect activity for me, so grounding and really gets me into the moment, can't wait to try it with some other compounds. I'm going to try it with my 2C-C next, here in a week or two.

I loved this stuff. I would take 10-15mg doses and go to concerts and such. It was just slightly trippy, cognitive "enhancements" but not overwhelming and over quickly enough I could drive home safe(ish). Took a few doses and some mxe at Warped Tour a few years ago. Circle pitting in 100 degree weather tripping was nuts. Good thing I had a camelback of water. lol.

I combined this rectally with 4 ho met and mxe a few times before. It was the most sublime, non threatening, pleasant trips I've ever had. Just meditating for a while, then laying in bed listing to music just grinning. Passed out. Woke up feeling so good I dosed again, started smoking weed and spent pretty much two days just tripping. So peaceful.

If you take it over 50mg (esp plugged or IM) it really can become a bit serious. Overall it was tied with 2c-c as my favorite.

Too bad I just flushed about 2 grams, and will probably never see it again. Oh well, theres always the cow field a few miles down the road ;-)

Also, ecstasylovers post reminds me I went hiking in Arkansas a few years back. I remember having 2c-d, o pce, 3 meo pcp, and maybe one other tryptamine. Maybe 4 aco met. Remember mixing them all over three days. 2c-d is a great hiking drug. Better than 2c-b or 2c-c IMO because it is so clear headed yet visually/cognitive enhancing. I just remember climbing up the side of a valley thing where there was a waterfall and watching all these people play around and feeling absolute fucking peace. I was also climbing some sketchy like 70 degree incline shit like a fucking nimble cat with no worries. For hiking 2c-d is tops, maybe followed by doc, escaline, other 2c-x, lsd (lower dose, i get lost at higher dose), mmmm pyschedelic hiking.

Last edited:
I've probably gushed all over this thread about how much I love 2C-D already, but wanted to chime in re: the nootropic story.

I think the supposed "nootropic" effects of 2C-D is a red herring. It can be very useful as a microdosing type of drug, but I doubt it improves memory or focus in the kind of ways that people hope for with a true nootropic. Rather it's good in the way that a lot of psychedelics are at low doses - breaking from engrained patterns of thinking, creative boost, fresh perspective, enhancement of meaningful-ness.

Also agreed that it's a great hiking psychedelic!

I tried this at about 35mg last weekend. I was surprised by how strong it was for me. Physically I just had a faint warm glow (it was quite nice feeling, no bodyload whatsoever), but mentally I was very high. However there was no stress/anxiety associated with it at all. My mind was going on powerful tangents. I was hanging out with friends on my birthday at my friend's house, and I'd get really lost in abstract thought but then someone would say something to me and I'd be able to answer just fine. There were no visuals per se, but sort of like how with 2C-E, the sensory experience gets all tied in with the mental experience, I would find myself absorbed in something and then when I'd get brought back to the present, my sight would seem to come back over the course of seconds and I would have no visuals, yet moments before I was seeing something else, not an alteration of what my eyes were seeing but something in my mind's eye that overtook my sight perception in my mind. Actually it reminded me of 2C-E quite a lot, except with 2C-E it's all far more intense, with periods of anxiety and pretty much constant social discomfort until after the peak, intense visuals, and an inescapable nature to it along with a strong body presence. 2C-D reminded me of 2C-E lite, with none of the negatives and a less intense positive and a lighter grade psychedelia. But it resembled the state of mind of 2C-E far more than it did any of the halogenated 2C-Xs. Which makes sense as it is one tiny step away from 2C-E. 2C-D is golden, I will probably get more while it's still possible to do so, especially since the dose is higher than other 2C-Xs and I only have a half gram.

I'm excited to try this at 50 or 60mg next. :) I'm also excited to try 2C-P for further comparisons of non-halogenated 2C-Xs.

Nice report Shadowmeister! I keep meaning to take 2C-D up to higher doses, but I think 30mg is my max so far. I would love to hear what you think of it at 50 or 60mg. I agree that it's very similar to a 2C-E lite. I find that 2C-P is also of this ilk as well. It also feels lighter than 2C-E, but it could just be because I've always dosed 2C-P very moderately.

Yeah the general consensus seems to be that 2C-P is less heavy than 2C-E and more euphoric. I'm very much looking forward to trying it, I think probably one of my next hiking days. I have a music festival coming up but my band is headlining it and I'm helping run things so I'm going to stick to LSD or more likely, DOC or AMT, as these are well-known to me.

I hope to write a proper report on my next 2C-D experience. I didn't take any notes or anything on my 35mg report (estimated dose anyway - I weighed out 50mg and then took what I guessed to be about 35mg of that), so I don't think there's enough detail to write a report. I don't know though, maybe I could recall enough.

Another thing was that 2C-D was great for music enhancement, both playing and listening.

I just realized that my trip last weekend was actually 50mg after all... I took 35mg at first and then I forgot that I took the rest about an hour in. I remembered because I was looking for the rest of the 50mg so I could put it back in my stash and when I couldn't find it, I remembered I had taken it.

Lol. Yeah I'm not surprised that was 50mg you described there, because it more intense than how I recall my 30mg trip, more so than I would expect from a 5mg jump, and also considering you seem to typically dose higher than me.

I've always been hesitant to push the dosage on 2C-P because it lasts so long. Not sure I'd be up for 18hrs of balls to the wall tripping!

I just posted a TR of my first two trials with this:

I think the supposed "nootropic" effects of 2C-D is a red herring. It can be very useful as a microdosing type of drug, but I doubt it improves memory or focus in the kind of ways that people hope for with a true nootropic.

I must disagree. I took 2C-D once after ten beers, and I felt alert in a way that I didn't think possible. It wasn't like taking normal uppers while drunk, where you suddenly feel sober-ish but then go out to fuck up in novel ways at demanding tasks. There must be something there, I don't know any substance that comes closer to completely cancelling out alcohol.

^ Maybe. I do find 2C-D combines marvelously with a beer or two and I don't find myself becoming too idiotic or anything.

I just posted a TR of my first two trials with this:

Nice report Shadowmeister! It's one of my favourites, glad you're finding its charms. I agree that the psychedelic tofu label (and nootropic label) really threw people off on 2C-D. I think the community as a whole has really overlooked 2C-D. It's top notch, definitely in my personal list of essential psychedelics.

I don't think the "tofu" label is accurate either. From what I've read, I think a lot of people who have tried 2C-D feel the same way.

Since 2C-D is getting pretty rare i'm thinking of stocking up for the novelty before it's gone. The price per (serious, as in higher dosage) trip doesn't really seem worth it. But i've read about the combo 4-FA + 2C-D. Normal dose 4F with about 20-30mg of 2C-D. There should be no psychedelic effects but euphoria should be increased.

Since 4F is my favourite stim out there I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

I haven't, I have combined 4-FA with 4-HO-MET though and the euphoria was off the charts.

I haven't, but I get psychedelic effects from 2C-D at sub-30mg doses. YMMV

How's this for a 2C-D elevator pitch:

"It's in the same family as Mescaline and MDMA, but milder and shorter acting than either, lasts about 3-5h. It's energizing and slightly trippy, and amplifies a good time."

Almost everyone has tried mushrooms, so relative to mushrooms:

"It lasts about as long as mushrooms, but less intense, more energizing, more social, and a bit dreamy."

I always have a hard time describing it to novices.

I agree. Great drug.

Combination with 4-sub tryptamines is also fantastic, I would go as far as to even recommend it, more than the sum of its parts.

Fantastic report! Sounds like you had an amazing time. I need to revisit 2C-D. I have yet to try a full dosage, though I did do 25mg with a 15mg booster once, and 25mg once, too. Enjoyed it quite a bit, especially the higher dose, but it seemed to not be quite high enough for full effects.

Someone recently gave me some of this and I'm excited to try it. What settings + combinations are best with it? How useful is it nootropically vs. therapeutically vs. recreationally?