• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread - Please Insert Second Disc

Any good visuals with this substance?
From what I read it doesn't seem to be a very visual compound.

Any good visuals with this substance?
From what I read it doesn't seem to be a very visual compound.

Depends on how visual you make it. Remember that "dose" is subjective. I'm sure 125 mg would be just as visual or more visual than the equivalent amount of 2C-E.

In my experience, I could low dose this stuff all day and have visuals all day.

4mg of DOC is a pretty strong dose, so keep that in mind. Also, the duration of effects are drastically different. You will have to carefully consider your timing.

ive had a hard time combining DOC with anything actually, especially 2cs. somehow if you miss taking the 2c dose in the first hours of the doc experience one would need to take higher doses to achieve some effect... not saying one should start out with high doses in mind, but dont go in with high expectations either.

in regards to the visual aspect, id say its both user and dose dependant. for me at lower doses it isnt that visual, nor could i expect many redoses to sustain visual activity

I wouldn't take the tofu analogy too far, because like all other 2C's 2C-D is best when it's the only 2C in your system. You get more of a feeling for it's unique short action and pleasurable, visual, and audial effects.

Absolutely it seems Shulgin never took this to the fully active level; his dosage is way off as it is for AMT with which it shares the confusing quality (for a tester) of seeming to do something at a low dose; it more or less inplies this in Phikal "always teasing, until you get to heroic levels" - It just isn't a potent compound but then neither is his much loved MDMA; 2C-D is streaks above most of the magic half dozen apart from 2C-B and Mescaline (which needs stupendous levels)

Hi, first time poster here.

I've been scanning through the posts and wanted to chime in about the headaches.
I've experienced them at 20, 30, 35 and 45 mg (never went beyond that), taken orally each time.
They are, as someone described, a stinging, rather unpleasant sensation, usually at the lower back of the head, accompanied with a general sense of heightened pressure on the head in general.

My last experience with 2C-D was at 25 mg, and lo and behold - nothing of the sort!
This particular time, I was very, very well rested (8+ hour sleep the night before, plus a nap in the afternoon), I had taken 5-HTP earlier in the day, and had one beer about 2.5 hours before ingesting it. The next day, I only had a faint, negligible headache, perhaps more related to lack of sleep more than anything (I had to wake up early that morning - not for work though!).

As for the other qualitative aspects of 2C-D - I was not too comfortable with the full-on psychedelic experience I had at 45 mg. I had more much energy than I could deal with, couldn't concentrate on anything, following conversations wasn't easy or fascinating, no insights... Overall, it felt stupid more than anything.

At lower doses (from now on I think I'll stick to 20-30 mg), I find the slight energy boost to be quite pleasant and not too overwhelming.

Last night I wrote this with the intention of submitting to Erowid, but since it's a combined report, it might not get published. I'll just leave it here, if anyone cares to read. There's a bit of overlap with what I just wrote, sorry:

My first experience with 2C-D was at 10 mg (orally), and the effects were nothing to write home about. I was mostly scatterbrained and giddy for a few hours, unable to focus on anything in particular. Making music was a vain effort.

A few weeks later, I tried with 20 mg, then later that month with 30 mg, attending concerts on both occasions (going on foot!), as I felt the material would be light enough for those types of settings. While the latter experience was slightly more intense, the effects were more or less the same: roughly 90 minute onset, colors seemed more vivid, tactile sensations quite pleasant, a heightened sense of humor and maybe less inhibition, and a very small hint of paranoia. Depth perception also seemed slightly altered. Music seemed more pleasant to listen to, but I distinctly remember being able to stay critical about it. Some delay sounds clearly felt “plastic”, so there might some synesthesia there. Effects gone after 4 hours.

At 30 mg, I do remember feeling it slightly difficult to stand up straight and motionless. Nevertheless, in neither case did anyone who didn't know I had taken 2C-D notice anything unusual at all about me. One side effect I noted from both experiences was feeling from time to time a sharp headache in the back of my head, as well as the sensation of pressure on my skull. I would be interested to know how 2C-D affects blood pressure.

Later that summer, I decided it was time to take it to 45 mg. This time I decided to attend a small scale all-night party at a venue I am very familiar with, hosted by friends of mine. The effects of 2C-D didn't come on until 90 minutes, and were far more dramatic than anticipated. In addition to the familiar effects noted at 20-30 mg, I started noticing “dislocated” tracers: something I saw in my field of vision would momentarily reappear somewhere else, but not in a continuous fashion, like a disappointing kaleidoscope. Then I remember feeling a strong jolt of energy going through my head. It was unlike anything I'd ever felt, and frankly a bit worrying, although not entirely unpleasant. This only occurred once, still during the onset phase. The aforementioned headache did not occur this time, but there was pressure on my head.

After about 2 and a half hours following ingestion, I decided to step outside for some fresh air. I remember carrying my bag on one shoulder and being completely destabilized by this uneven weight on my back. Once I had it on both shoulders, everything was fine.

Once outside, I realized the true psychedelic effects of 2C-D had begun. The pavement was unmistakably undulating. Street lights seemed much more vivid than usual, giving a surreal pink tinge to everything. The materials from this familiar building all seemed alien and plastic. Viewed from outside, the red bricks made the building look like some giant cake. Windows looked like water surfaces.

Yet despite this extremely new set of sensations, I was able to hold conversations with seemingly unsuspecting acquaintances. Perhaps I was giggling more than usual, but I was able to contain myself surprisingly well. I did however feel waves of mental confusion coming and going. Concentrating on anything was hard, yet some alertness remained. It felt as if I was observing myself being under the influence of this chemical from behind a glass window. No insights whatsoever, though. Time got quite distorted at this point. One hour easily felt like two. Physically, it was slightly exhausting.

The music felt more detailed, or rather, I started noticing how psychedelic simple production tricks like delay could be, and decided that the notion of “psychedelic music” was a complete oxymoron. Unlike I would under the influence of alcohol or MDMA, I was completely unwilling to dance beyond nodding along. In fact, I find that 2C-D made me quite tense, even petrified. Empathy is not one of its virtues either. In fact, I find myself wisecracking and being more sarcastic than usual under its influence, and at times, it would take me a while to remember I was the only one having taken 2C-D, and that others might simply be drunk, or even sober. At this dose, I found it is not a party drug, and I can see why it is so uncommon.

As usual, the effects faded after 4 or 5 hours, and I felt fine the next day.
I have since experimented back at 25-35 mg, and find these doses much more pleasant in social settings. Headaches seem preventable by taking 2C-D after a good night's sleep. Drinking one beer a few hours before my last 25 mg experience, I felt none of the unpleasant side-effects I've noted above.

Last edited:
How does 130mg MDMA then 20mg 2c-d 2.5 hours later sound (looking for an extension of my roll more than a full blown trip).

Never tried it with MDMA but I imagine it is quite nice with it.

My last few trials with 2C-D were all in the 20mg-30mg range and it is still quite mind expanding and satisfying a compound at that level. It does reach a whole different level above 50mg but it still offers a lot in the lower ranges. Tofu indeed.

Edit:
blistersinthedark nice report. I noted it on erowid a few months ago. Good writing.

I've tried this material on three occasions thus far, at 15, 20 and 30mg. On all three trips, I had a significantly uneasy and unpleasant come-up, even when combining with mxe on the 15 and 20mg trips. At 30mg by itself, the drug was simply unenjoyable... The come-up was two hours of headaches and general disphoria, feelings of simply not wanting to exist. Then for an hour, I peak and it feels like a pleasant psychedelic... however, I don't feel like the two hours of pain and discomfort are justifiable in order to reach that one hour peak. Has anyone else experienced this with 2C-D? Any suggestions on how to avoid some of the discomfort? Thus far, mxe has proved fairly useless at forcing away the negativity, when normally mxe is a pure pleasure drug for me.

I see many of these posts suggesting that 2C-D is a valuable substance, but in my trials I have found it little more than a gimmick of a psychedelic, offering brief fun in exchange for far too much pain. I want to be able to use it to its fullest the way others have been, but I can't figure out how to go about doing that :(

Plugging it may help with body issues, extend mileage / potency and being a parenteral sort of route it should also enhance / shorten come-up and come-down phases more than the plateau.

But yes 2C-D is of course just short-lived, and it seems to have a unique special edge to it that has been called stimulant and nootropic-like... not sure if this is also the same edge that is causing your headaches. 2C-D is not really uncomfortable for me but it does feel "squeaky", synthetic and generic. It is supposed to be pretty special if you push into strong territory, with some substances it seems people routinely underdose (like this one probably because people are not used to taking 100 mg or more of a 2C-X) or overdose (salvia 8) ). But I can't really say I am too interested in going there, it still seems like forcing it to me a lot more than you have to do with ones that just come out with it already. Which I guess is saying that IMO you always have to consider that dose-response curves are often different even if you try to adjust your dosage range according to proportional potency ratios.

^^240sxLover: I find the comeup slightly uneasy and uncomfortable as well, but not intolerable at all - maybe because I've been dosing it very very low, like 8-15mg range. It sounds like 2C-D doesn't agree with you, or else maybe you're just trying to push it further than where it wants to go with you?

For me personally, 2C-D isn't the one to "go far" with. If the 2C series were golf clubs, then to me, 2C-D would be the putter - it's the one for just a little bit of that phenethylamine goodness, the mildest of trips, museum dosing etc. So I agree with Solipsis, it does seem like forcing it a bit to go to the higher doses.

So maybe you're like me, and 2C-D fits better in the mild end of the spectrum?

edit: just some afterthoughts - I find 2C-D to be a very valuable substance, and one I'll want to have a lifetime stash of. But it's not useful in the way that standard PDs have been for me - it's not one for tripping out on per se, or for those deep, life-changing trips. I like it as a social drug, something to take with some friends and then have a beer together, a houseparty, or a couple hours before a meal. Or maybe for a stealth trip, a very low dose during a normal workday, to have a silly and fun workday.

Last edited:
^I'll give it a shot at lower doses, but like I mentioned, even at 15mg it was a fairly uncomfortable come-up. I'll have to give it a shot at 10mg next time, then head lower if it doesn't work. It seems to be a powerful substance in its own way, often overpowering mxe for me. Perhaps I was trying to aim too high. I'm hoping I can find the sweet spot, because the peak is always wonderful... it's just that miserable come-up.

I loved 2C-C when I tried it, and I took that up to 50mg with amazing results... perhaps 2C-D is like you said, just not right for my chemistry.

Last edited:
2C-D is a wonderful substance and for me the choice when clubbing over MDMA, 4-FA methylone etc. I ussaly take around 10 MG and drink a couple of beers and all anxiety dissapears and I feel extremely confident good euporia decent visuals and a general feeling of well being. I also hear people that benzo's reduce anxiety, well 2C-D does that for me 100-fold compaired to that.

I had a great time with 10mg of 2C-D on Halloween this year, at a small gathering. I'd say it's a great chem at low doses, at least for me. It was just right at 10mg, but past that it seems to give me issues. I've found 2C-C to be more giving and forgiving in recent experiences, but 2C-D has it's place in the right time and location.

I had a great time with 10mg of 2C-D on Halloween this year, at a small gathering. I'd say it's a great chem at low doses, at least for me. It was just right at 10mg, but past that it seems to give me issues. I've found 2C-C to be more giving and forgiving in recent experiences, but 2C-D has it's place in the right time and location.

I actually find 2C-D more forgiving. Both are very forgiving, but 2C-C can get dark with me sometimes even at low doses.

Did you use alcohol in conjunction with 2C-D and if so, how does it decrease anxiety for you? For me it helps me to get over my shyness a lot.

Last edited:
^I didn't combo it with alcohol ever in my... I think 5 times testing it out. It doesn't give me anxiety relief though by itself, and past 10-15mg the come up makes me wana die. I get just really uncomfortable headache-like feelings and a general sense of dysphoria for the first two hours usually. And like I said, opposite to you I find 2C-C to be the more gentle of the two 2C's I have tried, at least in relation to dose response. I have no idea what causes this variance.

The only reason I'd take 2C-D over 2C-C in any situation is because of how 'barely-there' it is for me at around 10mg. It makes good tofu as long as you don't up the dose to where you can 'taste the tofu' so to speak. I'd take a low dose of 2C-D at a party or a museum, but probably not 2C-C, because 2C-D is less in your face at the right dose.

2C-D... there wasn't a single substance... maybe DXM... I wouldn't mix it with...

Every 2C-D mix... 10-25mg with whatever regular dose I took of anything else... always amazing. 25mg of 2C-D with 100mg (REAL) MDAI = MDMA. Wouldn't be able to tell the two apart except for the crazy visuals and the duration (2C-D adds another 2 hours to the peak) but less jaw clenching and no tachycardia.

2C-D + 2C-C? WISH I had the chance to try that one because I loved both of them.

I've only ever mixed it with MXE, which kinda makes both drugs feel weird... but I've been toying with the idea of doing 10mg 2C-D with methylone sometime. Have you ever tried that combo?