• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-D Thread - Please Insert Second Disc

...because it does bring you into the psychedelic headspace with being able to think outside it and not be so confused. Anyways I forgot my point.
:D
2-D is one of my favorites maybe because it was the first phen that I have tried or because its hard to get a bad trip and it gets you in a great emotionally open mood.

This is not very psychedelic even though rooms look bigger to me with more than 30mg and I tend to see different spectral colors on white walls because they are obviously not 100% white in every lighting.

Its maybe more of a thing that would work in psycholythic therapy and not in psychedelic therapy even though there are reports where high doses are very psychedelic.

Same here cpuller ! My favorite Psychedelic with 2C-E and Tryptamines (they are all good <3)

Good vibes bro <3

;]This is not very psychedelic even though rooms look bigger to me with more than 30mg and I tend to see different spectral colors on white walls because they are obviously not 100% white in every lighting.

Yeah but a compounds psychedelic properties really have nothing to do with it's visual component or the colors produced. Psychedelic is a state of mind. Root of the word means manifestation the mind, or 'mind expansion'

I actually read this entire thread thinking I was on another website and just realized as I attempted to reply that I'm not. That's probably the 2c-d though.. Thankfully this website has fast registration! I've thought about joining before since I read so much here. Anyways, onto the topic...

About two and a half hours ago I ingested 40mg orally (almost wrote 400 there.. wow would that have been off)....It's like LSD is this one size fits all super-wrench while 2C-D is a 4mm wrench. The psychedelic headspace is definitely present and I come back to writing this post between my "me times" which prevents me from typing more than about a sentence at a time.

I could not have said it better myself. And 40mg is my preferred dosage too. I have never understood the 'TOFU' component many describe, nor do I get any 'smart drug' effects...even with as little as 5mg....but as a regular old fashioned psychedelic....2C-D is par excellence @ 40mg....far more useful than 2C-B or 2C-C when it comes to mind-expanding, insight, therapy-type psychedelic. Certainly not as sexy as 2C-B or as straight amusing as 2C-C...but that is why it is nice to have choices. Just like different wines.

Last edited:
2-D is one of my favorites maybe because it was the first phen that I have tried or because its hard to get a bad trip and it gets you in a great emotionally open mood.
There were a few times when I was slightly scared at some of the self-realizations that were occurring which brought the mood into a more somber (not always a bad thing) state. Those feelings were short-lived, however, and most of the trip was quite euphoric.

Its maybe more of a thing that would work in psycholythic therapy and not in psychedelic therapy even though there are reports where high doses are very psychedelic.
To me, this is much, much more than just psycholythic therapy. I came out of a single dose with many improvements to my mindset. I actually think this could be more effective than others in psychedelic therapy because it should be much less frightening without foreign visuals (for those who are unfamiliar with psychedelics) and a strange body feeling. If I could choose one drug to be used for the general public for therapeutic purposes, this would be my choice. I still have much more research to do with it and others that I have never tried, however.

Yeah but a compounds psychedelic properties really have nothing to do with it's visual component or the colors produced. Psychedelic is a state of mind. Root of the word means manifestation the mind, or 'mind expansion'
Exactly! That is what I meant when I wrote about this substance being a true psychedelic. It's all about the 'mind expansion' without the "fun" visual effects or body effects that commonly come along with that. I do enjoy those as well, and they both have their place.

I have never understood the 'TOFU' component many describe, nor do I get any 'smart drug' effects...even with as little as 5mg....
I wonder if this would be much more common if it had never initially been given the 'smart drug' or 'tofu' names in PiHKAL. I think this literature downplays 2C-D very much. It doesn't take heroic doses to get very effective results. I could see at heroic levels that it may be accompanied by the body feeling and visuals because they were ever so slightly present at 40mg. Maybe he only

This particular 2c-x took some time getting right, but after playing around with it, it became a new favorite. The first time I was in a horrible mood and was a bit dope sick as well, so I'm sure that in itself made for an unpleasant experience. I took 30mg and as soon as it started to come on I couldn't get comfortable for the life of me. About 2 hours into, I just kept on pacing around, feeling extremely down as I was depressed and alone at the time. There were no visuals at this dose and unlike most 2c-x, other than 2c-c, I felt oddly sedated and spent the majority of the rest of the trip in bed. I know not to take psychs when one is in a bad mind state, but I figured a mild one wouldn't be too devastating and as always, I did gain some insight into a majority of issues I've been struggling with.

About a month later, i felt like I could handle a decent trip. This time I ingested 50mg, I was also pretty high on heroin and really felt like having a proper, enjoyable trip and that I did. I believe the opiates have a real nice synergy with 2c-d, it almost felt as if the two were potentiating each other. Another plus about 2c-d, is the shorter duration. After 4-5 hours of pleasantly tripping, I was coming down, so I prepped 15-20mg IM. This completely changed the character of the trip. About 10 min after the injection it all just hit me. I was tripping hard. Previous to this route, I never expereinced visuals on 2c-d, but I was engulfed in visuals. The processing of the visuals were quite unique and unlike any other psych I've had. It's hard to explain, but everything around me was morphing, breathing, crawling, but in an odd fashion, at a rapid rate. Despite the heavy alterations in my visual field, my mind was still relatively intact, though at times it felt I was simutaneously having several trains of thoughts going on in my head.

All this subsided in about an hour, so I felt like calling it a night and IV some heroin, but I wondered what it be like to also throw a pinch of 2c-d in there. In totality, I put probably 5-10mg along with the H. As soon as I started plunging down, the world around me started to change at a pace I'm not to comfortable with. Fortunately, I was given a good 15 seconds to prepare myself, so I do what I always do when I think I took too many psychs and am losing my mind, I retreated to my bed. I felt a bit of terror start to creep over me, but I was able to move past it and ride the experience out, which lasted for about another hour. It wasn't a negative experience, but rather neutral. The IV route gets way too confusing way too fast and can induce quite a bit of anxiety, so I'd avoid this route for those looking for a smooth ride.

Anyways, I really have grown to enjoy this compound. It feels clean on the body and clear in the mind. Definitely a winner.

Last edited:
From briefly scanning through this thread I noticed many recommended 2c-d in combination with amphetamine. I just parachuted couple points of methamphetamine, will I achieve the same results using these two substances in low doses or is the meth too much?

Err... Just got my MXE in the mail. What to do????

I took a 40-45mg dose of this beauty and had the best psychedelic experience of my life. Had a brief moment where all my senses and thoughts blended together giving me an everything is everything revelation, really hard to explain.

The only negative effect I had was feeling like I was overheating and sweating during the comeup. Does this stimulant effect continue to increase with intensity into higher doses or does it plateau? Can't imagine taking a 150mg dose like the Germans if that's the case.

Idk if it was mentioned, but somehow I get the feeling it was not. 2C-D is more active when insufflated, actually that's the first advice I got from my vendor about it. So 15 mg is already quite a buzz with that method of administration, 25-30 mg a rather strong dose, and 50 mg supposed to produce a catatonic-like mind blowing experience. It still works for 3-4 hours this way so it's pure economy. It's treated as a fact so obvious where I live that I never did it any other way.

And the times I did it gave me the impression of a very smooth and highly euphoric, fun phen. It's strong on the stimulant side but not lacking a psychedelic headroom and visual activity. Dancing to psy music and talking to people felt awesome. A well balanced high overall, well suited for a party or chill out practice, and one I'd be happy to repeat.

Does it hurts if you insufflate this?

Tomorrow I will try this with some M for it's synergistic effects. People told me I could use less M and it smooths out the M-effect over a longer period of time.

Any advice on this will be appreciated.

Not too sure, but given other phens it doesn't seem like you want to snort this. Shortens the duration anyway, which kinda defeats your purpose doesn't it

(maybe I'm venturing close to "what should you take" here, but maybe low-dose aMT or an APB could be your schtick for a longer empathogen experience)

I once tried to insufflate some 2C-D, but it was like sniffing pepper so I sneezed and lost like 3/4 of the line. Can't really recommend it.

The 2C-D I have is very fluffy, it's probably better to snort if it's more chrystaline.

Just gonna chime in and say 2C-D is more recreational and has better visuals than 2C-E.

subjectively

Does it hurts if you insufflate this?
Well yeah, it's a very unpleasant substance for ur nasal cavities unfortunately. It's painful like good speed times 3 I would say. But on the other hand u would snort like a few times less than when doing a line of speed so for me and my friends it was always manageable. Just remember to swallow everything that goes down your throat after snorting, the taste isn't actually that bad, it's just the burn that dulls the fun. For me totally worth insufflating though, 25 mg does u great for like 4 hours and 50 mg is plenty for a whole full on party (for 1 person).

Last edited:
stopping by this thread to say this is a wonderful surprising chemical.

had 2 doses of about 20 mg each, one taken 2 hours after the other, as i had thought i would not feel the first one. though it was in a public space with a great big party around, it proved quite manageble with only cevs for distortion in the visual sense, and oevs rather restrained. the body high and energy released was great, as was the apparent lucidity that allowed for conversation and social aspects... overall it lasted around 6 hours from the second dose, and was able to sleep fine in another hour or so...

i must say though that the set and setting suplied a lot of the diretion and happiness of the whole trip. in fact, i would go so far as to say this was and felt more like a roll than anything else, with added visuals and a trippy headspace. but then again, 90% of those around me were rolling and the music was rave oriented so that too was conductive of the trip. awesome time was had by all.

felt like quite a dose, but keep in mind i had tripped on a low dose of acid 5 days prior. my usual doses of 2cd do not exceed 30mg

Yes it is surprising indeed. :) Combined with a little dose of 3C-P (about 40 mg of that plus 20 mg 2C-D snorted) it resulted in a profound headspace and various interesting perceptive changes I wouldn't even think could happen. I doubted the 'psychedelic tofu' quality of this compound, but now I gotta say Shulgin pinpointed it right, it's huge for expanding other compounds' action. As it always goes with 2C-D, also felt a nice body high and a very inspiring sense of euphoria. I would say this one feels best done at a party, and it doesn't really impair social skills unless done in extreme doses. The stimulating properties are also good for a boost when going into a 3 days long rave. Recommended.

Yes it is surprising indeed. :) Combined with a little dose of 3C-P (about 40 mg of that plus 20 mg 2C-D snorted) it resulted in a profound headspace and various interesting perceptive changes I wouldn't even think could happen. I doubted the 'psychedelic tofu' quality of this compound, but now I gotta say Shulgin pinpointed it right, it's huge for expanding other compounds' action. As it always goes with 2C-D, also felt a nice body high and a very inspiring sense of euphoria. I would say this one feels best done at a party, and it doesn't really impair social skills unless done in extreme doses. The stimulating properties are also good for a boost when going into a 3 days long rave. Recommended.

I wouldn't take the tofu analogy too far, because like all other 2C's 2C-D is best when it's the only 2C in your system. You get more of a feeling for it's unique short action and pleasurable, visual, and audial effects.

I wonder though, would it make for a good synergy with DOC? I'm planning to take a 4 mg hit of that at a multicultural party this weekend and probably take some 2C-D along just in case it seems like a good idea to do it. Anybody tried this combo?

4mg of DOC is a pretty strong dose, so keep that in mind. Also, the duration of effects are drastically different. You will have to carefully consider your timing.