View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincerest apologies if this is already in the thread, but I used the search function and was unable to find an answer. How does one convert freebase to HCL? A link to an idiot's guide or a thorough post would be much appreciated. Will contribute trip reports as soon as I'm able to get research underway.

That's kind of like asking how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich......

ACID + BASE = SALT

Well I tried the combo(500mcg 25INBOMe + 200mg MDAI) last night, no synergy, mdai needs a dopamine push.

Psychedelic Doctor, was the blotter that didn't work complexed? and did you taste it? I had the HCL and I didn't even worry about swallowing saliva much every time I did it and it worked although I never did it with a heavy tolerance.

Seeing as more than one has asked...
  • Take your freebase 25I
  • Add dilute HCl until all 25I is dissolved.
  • Allow water and HCl to evaporate.
  • Collect 25I HCl.
That's all there is to it.

A number of weeks ago, I took 1 blotter of HPBCD-complexed 25I @ 500mcg. I held it under my tongue for about 30 minutes until I felt my first alert, being careful to swallow the build-up of saliva once or twice during this time. Had a great experience, heavier than I expected at this dose.

Yesterday morning, I started the day off with 22mg 4-HO-MET in the morning. At around +6hrs, I proceed to place another 25I blotter between my upper lip and gum, being careful not to swallow any saliva (there was much less with this placement) and swallowed a 20mg 4-AcO-DMT capsule. I definitely wound up feeling the 4-AcO, albeit not as strongly as if I hadn't dosed earlier. The 25I trip never really produced however, even though I had held the blotter there for 2 hours this time.

What is people's experience with sublingual vs. buccal blotter administration? What is there experience with this substance on the tail-end of another 5-HT agonist experience? Was the substance simply not absorbed? Had a great time regardless but I want to know if, in the future, do I really need to deal with the hassle of sublingual absorption with a mouth full of saliva to make this happen?

Sounds like you're just experiencing tolerance. I felt no difference between sublingual/buccal.

• Take your freebase 25I
  • Collect 25I HCl.

I dunno why anyone would bother making the HCl. The citrate is easy -- no evaporation required, and citric acid can be easily found at your local supermarket, whereas pure HCl sans yucky impurities is a bit difficult to locate.

Psychedelic Doctor, was the blotter that didn't work complexed? and did you taste it? I had the HCL and I didn't even worry about swallowing saliva much every time I did it and it worked although I never did it with a heavy tolerance.

Yes, both blotters were from the same sheet, both HPBCD-complexed.

Sounds like you're just experiencing tolerance. I felt no difference between sublingual/buccal.

That's good to know. Sublingual was such a pain in the ass and buccal was so much easier to just go about my business while absorbing. I was surprised how significant the tolerance was considering I've done things like this before at festivals with wanton piggery. Wound up a great second experience anyway, but I was hoping it'd blow my socks off.

That's kind of like asking how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich......

ACID + BASE = SALT

Sorry, I have zero chemistry experience whatsoever. I will be taking chem classes eventually, but until then, treat me as if I know nothing about chemistry, which is pretty close to the truth.

• Take your freebase 25I
  • Collect 25I HCl.

I dunno why anyone would bother making the HCl. The citrate is easy -- no evaporation required, and citric acid can be easily found at your local supermarket, whereas pure HCl sans yucky impurities is a bit difficult to locate.

Can either of you explain this in Layman's terms? What exactly do I need to do, step-by-step? Why is the citrate superior? Does it have the same bioavailability as HCL? Would I need to complex it with HPBCD, or would it be just as good as HCL?

Be careful with this stuff, don't judge it as imperfect and attempt unwise combinations of drugs to "perfect" or "complete" it. I would suggest leaving it alone and moving on if it doesn't satisfy you.

I have to agree with this. The only "drug" you might want to combine with it is a nice mug of spicy hot chocolate, at the end of the trip to combat any vasoconstriction. Otherwise it is more than complete in itself. I took 1mg today and it was a whole other level beyond my last trip with it, at 800ug. I don't see any need for me to take it higher or combine it with anything else.

Sorry, I have zero chemistry experience whatsoever. I will be taking chem classes eventually, but until then, treat me as if I know nothing about chemistry, which is pretty close to the truth.

All I was saying was, you have the freebase, so all you need to do is dissolve it in an acid to make the corresponding salt. If you want the HCl salt, then add hydrochloric acid to it. If you want the citrate salt, then add lemon juice (= citric acid). If you want the acetate, then vinegar (= acetic acid). I flunked chemistry in high school, so if I can figure this out then anyone can. ;) But this same question keeps getting asked every few posts on this thread for some reason, all by different people, I don't know why.

The latter two acids are safer than HCl because it's easy to get them in a form that's safe for ingestion, and if you use more acid than is needed for creating the salt, it won't be harmful to have a little extra citric or acetic acid on your mucous membranes, unlike HCl.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I was saying was, you have the freebase, so all you need to do is dissolve it in an acid to make the corresponding salt. If you want the HCl salt, then add hydrochloric acid to it. If you want the citrate salt, then add lemon juice (= citric acid). If you want the acetate, then vinegar (= acetic acid). I flunked chemistry in high school, so if I can figure this out then anyone can. ;) But this same question keeps getting asked every few posts on this thread for some reason, all by different people, I don't know why.

The latter two acids are safer than HCl because it's easy to get them in a form that's safe for ingestion, and if you use more acid than is needed for creating the salt, it won't be harmful to have a little extra citric or acetic acid on your mucous membranes, unlike HCl.

Probably because more people are beginning to research the chemical, it's become quite popular from what I see online, and it's easy to have blotters lying around than liquid for dosing, ya know? Let's say I go with the citrate salt. Is the bioavailabilty and stability = to that of the HCL? I'd rather do the citrate, since I am new to this, and want to be as safe as possible. Also, would I just go to any grocery store and pick up some organic lemon juice? Or what? Nothing specific other than 100% lemon juice? Just want to be certain I don't mess anything up. Sorry if this is all remedial to most of you guys, but like I said, I couldn't find much information on it, just people asking the same questions I am. At least this way, people in the future should be able to find these posts and won't have to ask :D So, am I letting the lemon juice evaporate, and it will leave me with the citrate salt, or will the Nbome freebase just convert in the liquid to a citrate salt and remain liquid?

I suppose that me making a youtube video trip report is a bit unsafe in terms of maintaining the legality of these prized substances, but I only posted it after I saw that there was a neurosoup vid about the NBOMe series. If you guys really think I should remove it I will. In the meantime, I will change the title of the vid from 'overdose' to 'unmeasured vape dose.' just to shift away from the negative connotation.

That's a really stupid video, please remove it.
Or at least, upload something useful.

I read in the comment section:
My son just heard his classmate was removed from a ventilator Saturday due to overdosing on this 25i......please leave this stuff alone my heart is aching for you already
Search Youtube for In memory of Tyler Davidson
butrflylover 1 month ago
I go to Midlothian High School, and I knew Tyler Davidson. Him overdosing on 25i is a LIE. he died from FIRES (Infection Related Eptylectic Seizures). He had a viral fever that spread to his brain which triggered his seizures. It has nothing to do with drugs.
AGeekWithAShotgun in reply to butrflylover 2 weeks ago

could be lies, anyways it's interesting.

How important is it to use a magnetic steering device to complex hpbcd ? swims buddy attempted to complex 25i then put on blotter for personal use, he did the 9-1 ratio but only used etoh... is distilled water recommended or not? or a blend of both, ive seen various opinions on this thread. One swims buddy dried the blotter he noticed a clear glossy coat covering front and back... is this normal ? Thanks for any help :\

Probably because more people are beginning to research the chemical, it's become quite popular from what I see online, and it's easy to have blotters lying around than liquid for dosing, ya know? Let's say I go with the citrate salt. Is the bioavailabilty and stability = to that of the HCL? I'd rather do the citrate, since I am new to this, and want to be as safe as possible. Also, would I just go to any grocery store and pick up some organic lemon juice? Or what? Nothing specific other than 100% lemon juice? Just want to be certain I don't mess anything up. Sorry if this is all remedial to most of you guys, but like I said, I couldn't find much information on it, just people asking the same questions I am. At least this way, people in the future should be able to find these posts and won't have to ask :D So, am I letting the lemon juice evaporate, and it will leave me with the citrate salt, or will the Nbome freebase just convert in the liquid to a citrate salt and remain liquid?

Can someone please help me with this? I don't mean to sound impatient, but I've got the freebase just lying around in a baggie and I don't know how stable the stuff is, I don't want it to degrade.

How much HCL do I add to a gram of 25i-nbome freebase to convert it to the HCL salt? Do I just pour the HCL on the freebase in any container, like say a graduated cylinder, or should I use something specific? How do I evaporate it, and how long does that take? If someone could just answer this really quick I'd be very grateful. Thanks

How important is it to use a magnetic steering device to complex hpbcd ? swims buddy attempted to complex 25i then put on blotter for personal use, he did the 9-1 ratio but only used etoh... is distilled water recommended or not? or a blend of both, ive seen various opinions on this thread. One swims buddy dried the blotter he noticed a clear glossy coat covering front and back... is this normal ? Thanks for any help :\
The use of SWIM is discouraged as per the forum guidelines.

Can someone please help me with this? I don't mean to sound impatient, but I've got the freebase just lying around in a baggie and I don't know how stable the stuff is, I don't want it to degrade.

How much HCL do I add to a gram of 25i-nbome freebase to convert it to the HCL salt? Do I just pour the HCL on the freebase in any container, like say a graduated cylinder, or should I use something specific? How do I evaporate it, and how long does that take? If someone could just answer this really quick I'd be very grateful. Thanks

just use vinegar. doesn't matter how much really. just add exactly 1 mL at a time til it disolves.... why are you going to evaporate? you need to keep it in solution to measure doses.

So i ordered 50mg of 25i hcl from a trusted source...

I have a few q´s though

1. Is there any idea to complex this or will it work ok? i would prefer to be able to use bucal ingestion but if snorted is alot better sure.

2. i will put this in a small dropper but what should i use for long term storage? i can´t get any alkohol over 40% here but would vodka work?

1. it works good without complex.
buccal is fine. maybe it is a little less potent but it will last longer.

2. 40% etoh is fine. you can put it in the fridge or freezer to be extra sure.
one thing i have been thinking recently is that it is very important to keep your long-term solution in a beaker or something metered so you can watch for evaporation. keep a piece of paper with the solution that indicates the amount of liquid that was in the beaker last time you used it.
(i think someone put some tips about this in the DOC thread)

it is best to make a weak solution so that you can easily dose in 100 ug increments until you know what your sensitivity to this drug is. it is very variable among people.

just use vinegar. doesn't matter how much really. just add exactly 1 mL at a time til it disolves.... why are you going to evaporate? you need to keep it in solution to measure doses.

Well I have a whole gram of the stuff and I wanna put it into blotters. Before it gets brought up, I don't intend on selling or distributing it in any way, this is just for my personal life-time supply. I only bought a gram because it was dirt cheap and figured what the hell to having a life time supply of a psychedelic, ya know? Anyways, if I dilute 1 gram into vinegar, how would I measure it out from that liquid to make doses of 500 mics per blotter? How stable is the acetic acid, and how good is the bioavailability in relation to HCL or Citrate? Thanks for the replies, they are most helpful. I just want to make sure everything is done correctly and safely.

Work out how much fluid a sheet of blotter holds. You want your solution to have that volume and contain 500ug x the number of individual blotters on the sheet. Then absorb it into the sheet of blotter. I've never laid blotter, though, and I'm sure there's more to it than that. For one, I don't know how you avoid the doses at the edges of the sheet ending up more potent than those in the middle. Please, everyone, be careful, if you're not 100% confident that you know what you're doing then don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.