View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSD and 25i-nbome are nothing alike imho, and it does have alot to do with what receptors they hit, i've spent months studying ki values of pages of psychedelics. Psychedelics like psilocin and mescaline and LSD are very special precise molecular keys, which just so happen to hit a very wide range of receptors in the brain. 5-HT1 receptors make up 80% of the brains 5-HT receptors, all 4 sub-families of 5-HT1 are hit by lsd, mescaline, and psilocin...but 25i-nbome does not hit any of them, therefore 80% of the brains receptors are left hanging...I can feel that 25i-nbome is not totally mind-manifesting, but LSD certainly is, as is mescaline and psilocin.

25i-NBOMe is extremely mind-manifesting for me, while LSD is not. No doubt receptor ki values have something to do with it, but you're trying to (futilely and needlessly) quantify a highly idiosyncratic experience. People react differently to different psychedelics due to quite a plethora of factors, including set, setting, metabolic processes in the body and quite a lot of other shit. If you want to be a slave to some numbers that, I repeat, I highly doubt you fully understand (even if you have read "pages" of ki values), go ahead, but I think it's silly.

IamMe90 said:
25i-NBOMe is extremely mind-manifesting for me, while LSD is not.
Are you sure you had real LSD? LSD is the molecule of Perfection, of course it is 100% mind-manifesting, but to each his own.

Yes, I have had lab analyzed LSD more than once, and quite high doses of it. I'm not a bumbling newbie, people react definitely to different drugs, and it's not the first time I've heard of this reaction. However, calling something a "chemical of Perfection" and "100% mind-manifesting..."

IamMe90 said:
Are you sure you had real LSD? LSD is the molecule of Perfection, of course it is 100% mind-manifesting, but to each his own.

Not everyone would agree that "LSD is the molecule of Perfection".

In my opinion, that prize might have to go to H2O.

Or, if we had to pick a psychedelic, probably Psilocin :)

@tregar: I remember reading you saying 25I and mescaline was the perfect combo? What happened? :)

So far I think 25I is a very recreational psychedelic, but I agree that its specific receptor affinity makes it less "full spectrum" than LSD or psilocybin. But let's be honest, I think most of us would immensely enjoy this drug. It will probably make a great "party" psychedelic if you're into that kind of stuff. I know I will try it jamming with my buddies =)
I'd still urge everyone to be cautious, even (especially?) with blotters. So many people are laying blotters, a fuck-up is bound to happen.

Does anyone know what the % bio-availability of the salt versus the % bio-availability of the freebase form is? I'm torn between salt blotter and complexed freebase blotter. I've heard that since the chloride salt is already soluble it gets up to 85% absorption bucally yet freebase complexed with HPBCD not only makes the drug soluble but also speeds up the process of drug absorbtion through thicker bucal tissue giving it the same or better potency absorption yet quicker delivery to be recieved at the lipophilic membrane and released into the blood. Also, why is the ratio of moles HPBCD: 25i 2:1? (ie 9:1 mass ratio) I think the theory goes that if the drug is surrounded from two ends by two sugar rings, then it's fully complexed and that's good. From what i've read I would imagine that one ring surrounding each drug molecule would be sufficient to make the hydrophobic drug soluble. Then with only one ring pulling on the drug, the fatty membrane that absorbs it will have an easier time pulling it off from the HPBCD. Any thoughts/ criticisms/ contradictions?

potito said:
@tregar: I remember reading you saying 25I and mescaline was the perfect combo? What happened? :)

So far I think 25I is a very recreational psychedelic, but I agree that its specific receptor affinity makes it less "full spectrum" than LSD or psilocybin. But let's be honest, I think most of us would immensely enjoy this drug. It will probably make a great "party" psychedelic if you're into that kind of stuff. I know I will try it jamming with my buddies =)
I'd still urge everyone to be cautious, even (especially?) with blotters. So many people are laying blotters, a fuck-up is bound to happen.
I agree, 25i is a very good recreational psychedelic, and heck, it might even combine at the 100 to 200 ug level (very very low) with 4-ho-dmt very well...i have yet to find out. One of the most important reasons for the use of psychedelics traditionally is for the Spiritual aspect, and I just find 4-ho-dmt, mescaline, and LSD to do that well. Mescaline still goes very well with 25i-nbome, just would caution to keep your mescaline dose below the 350mg level if at all possible, otherwise the body load (fear of over-stimulation, too much energy) of the combination becomes too much, we both found this out. Think of it this way: many people don't take more than 700mg of mescaline, in a similar way, when you combine high dose PEA mescaline with mid-dose PEA 25i-nbome, you really crank up the dosage so to speak PEA wise....it was not fun taking 350mg mescaline with 390ug of 25i-nbome....the 350mg of mescaline all by itself would have been plenty. Moderation is the key when doing combinations imho.

^ I was going to ask the same question as potito. I hadn't been here in a while an remember you preaching pretty hard about mescaline and 25i being the peak of the psychedelic experience. Not to hate, but perhaps a lesson to learn in regards to how you present your opinions.

I've got a whole vial of this stuff but am 27 days into this weirdly pleasant sensation they call 'sobriety'. In the future I plan on trying it in combination with DPT though. Maybe that will crank up the spirit factor..

I've been noticing these little 'cracks' and 'popping' sensations in my head whenever I smoke grass, ever since the last time I took 25i. It was only one very weak blotter and felt only threshold effects. I've used it in the past and never noticed anything that persisted like this.

The sensation is something i've experienced before so i'm not too worried about it. I can't exactly recall when i've felt it, must of been on some psych or maybe MDMA.

Will someone pm me who can help me convert my gram of freebase to hcl. I have read most of the thread and still have some questions.

i'm beginning to think that all of this 'who are these people we are?' feeling you get on fens(some more than others) is just you experiencing a kind of psychoactive mental-climate that's never before been experienced by humans. on a mass mental level this is uncharted chemical territory. we know this individually, and feel strangers to ourselves knowing that on an energetic level we are strangers. i remember half way through a 15 ml dose of 2ci i was watching the morning news, and their faces looked so strange. but not distorted at all. they just looked alien. the way there mouths moved. i looked closer only to see perfectly symmetrical non-distorted faces. still i was laughing out loud at them. i remember switching back and forth in and out of their shoes. first just they were weird, then we were all weird. then just i was weird. then we were all weird. look forward to comparing to 25i next week, & will post my thoughts afterwards.

What are your experiences with HPBCD complexed blotters? I have complexed 500ucg blotters but HcL too. I prefer HcL as I can make a solution that is exactly as strong as I want but as I have blotters too it would be nice if they work.

In regards to all the discussion about LSD being god's dick and the holy grail of all drugs (so often I hear this around here) let me state my experience:

While I've done LSD, mushrooms & DMT more than a few times, and absolutely loved & cherished each and every experience in it's own unique way, none of them have touched my life like 25i-NBOMe. I literally (and I do mean literally) saw my soul and the soul of my girlfriend whilst under the influence of 25i. Prior to that experience I had been struggling with my spirituality and was more or less an atheist (such a depressing outlook on life and the universe btw).

I don't want to get to deep into it and start writing a trip report, but I basically saw my girlfriend's aura as these purple strands, they began reaching into me and into my mind, body, & soul. SOUL! What a novel concept it was. I do believe we all have souls now. This opened me up to so many positive ways of thinking (there is a reason for everything, there is a higher power/forces in the universe, etc.). I discusssed 25i with my friend who was also of the atheist view and considered LSD the best you could get. Once I gave him some potent 25i blotters he got back to me saying "I felt very spiritual during the trip, and I never experience that. You were right."

Anyway, let's not discount 25i as having some very, very serious therapeutic potential. <3

So I went on a 2mg journey this past weekend. 1mg, followed by 1mg 75min later was a nice experience as well just not as overwhelming as the single 2mg dose. I was floored for the first 3 hours of that followed by some great energy that allowed me and my friend to embark on a walk in the fresh night air. Airplanes multiplying and bursting into flames, color changing houses, words forming from the patterns on the walls, hexagonal water ripples while it was raining. The hotel room we stayed at had a strip of fleur de lis at the top of the wall going across all the walls of the room, it ended up becoming a conveyer belt and shifting clockwise around the room. Wild visuals, definitely my favorite feature of this substance.

I know MDAI is good in combos with dopaminergics but, I wonder if a combo 25INBOMe 500mcg + 100mg MDAI would be safe and effective...

I know MDAI is good in combos with dopaminergics but, I wonder if a combo 25INBOMe 500mcg + 100mg MDAI would be safe and effective...

I've never tried MDAI but I can't imagine mixing 25i-nbome with an entactogen... or really much of anything. To be honest all this talk of mixing it with mescaline or other psychedelics to make a "complete" experience also sounds rediculous to me. Not rediculous as in stupid or insane, but rediculous as in it just doesn't make sense to me. 25i-nbome is a complete trip. It is not meant to recreate LSD or mescaline or any other psychedelic. It is what it is. And for me it was pretty darn intense, visually spectacular, had somewhat of a strange religous vibe to it and was also somewhat confusing, though paradoxically clear-headed, in my only attempt which was 2mg freebase insufflated.

If 25i-nbome by itself, alone, isn't enough for you, maybe it's just not the right psychedelic for you.

All this discussion strikes me as odd. When DOC became available, nobody spoke of needing to mix it with mescaline or 4-ho-DMT, etc. 25i-nbome strikes me as having similarities to DOC and similarities to LSD, as well as being unique in some very interesting ways.

It also has the potential to last upwards of 48 hours, I found out. Be careful with this stuff, don't judge it as imperfect and attempt unwise combinations of drugs to "perfect" or "complete" it. I would suggest leaving it alone and moving on if it doesn't satisfy you.

Does anyone have an affirmative answer if it is worth it at all to complex 25i HCL to HPBCD if I already have the HPBCD? My 25i HCL is dissolved into ethanol now.

Thanks.

A number of weeks ago, I took 1 blotter of HPBCD-complexed 25I @ 500mcg. I held it under my tongue for about 30 minutes until I felt my first alert, being careful to swallow the build-up of saliva once or twice during this time. Had a great experience, heavier than I expected at this dose.

Yesterday morning, I started the day off with 22mg 4-HO-MET in the morning. At around +6hrs, I proceed to place another 25I blotter between my upper lip and gum, being careful not to swallow any saliva (there was much less with this placement) and swallowed a 20mg 4-AcO-DMT capsule. I definitely wound up feeling the 4-AcO, albeit not as strongly as if I hadn't dosed earlier. The 25I trip never really produced however, even though I had held the blotter there for 2 hours this time.

What is people's experience with sublingual vs. buccal blotter administration? What is there experience with this substance on the tail-end of another 5-HT agonist experience? Was the substance simply not absorbed? Had a great time regardless but I want to know if, in the future, do I really need to deal with the hassle of sublingual absorption with a mouth full of saliva to make this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.