• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread (2nd edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ki values only indicate binding strength, but not that much about the ligands pharmacological effect. It could act as an agonist, antagonist or even reverse-agonist (don't know much about opioid SAR, so just naming possibilities).

The affinity for 5-HT2a is about 3 orders of magnitude higher than that for MOR, so that effect (whether it's agonistic or reverse-agonistic) is perhaps not significant. I'm no pharmacologist though.

My apologies, I somehow missed the opiate binding data in Nichols' paper. Morphine has a ki of 1.2 at the mu receptor, so 25i is about 1/82 or roughly 1% as potent as morphine. Since it is only 1% as potent, perhapse 1-2mg would have no noticable effects?

^errr well yea. 1% of 1 mg is 0.01mg, which is nothing. you're not going to get an opiate like physical dependence or high from it...

hey i just wanted to ask. 4 days ago i got a 800ug blotter 25i-NBOMe. i split it in half. took the 400ug. then took another 200ug a little while later. then another 200ug a bit later. now i never felt any effects above the 400ug. maybe the redosing prolonged it or something. but i was wondering. how long should i wait before doing it again? at like a 600-800ug dose this time. i have tried searching online but there is little info on the tolerance.

I'm no expert but from what I can gather, redosing doesn't increase the effects, it just extends the duration so you need to choose your dose and do it all in one go. As for tolerance, I think I've seen it recommended to leave it a week or two between trips to avoid tolerance issues but I'm sure someone else can help out here. I should have some HCL dropping through the door in about six hours which I'm looking forward to trying

Last edited:
Ah k thanks for the info. its just really annoying having 3 more blotters under my bed and me being bored. xD tolerance sucks
EDIT: im still looking for answers! didnt want to repost though thought itd be better to edit

Last edited:
Does anyone find the nasal comeup incredibly fast and disorientating?

Once again I found my peripheral vision almost non-functional, and my thoughts incredibly muddled and challenging to hold a conversation. there was also one point where I closed my eyes and almost fell "asleep", but I suspect this may actually have been me almost fainting. I was sitting down.

After about two hours the effects seemed to level off and become MUCH more manageable, like a regular trip. I then went off and had a pretty normal trip.

This was 800ug of HCl dissolved in 5% ethanol.

Does anyone find the nasal comeup incredibly fast and disorientating?

Once again I found my peripheral vision almost non-functional, and my thoughts incredibly muddled and challenging to hold a conversation. there was also one point where I closed my eyes and almost fell "asleep", but I suspect this may actually have been me almost fainting. I was sitting down.

After about two hours the effects seemed to level off and become MUCH more manageable, like a regular trip. I then went off and had a pretty normal trip.

This was 800ug of HCl dissolved in 5% ethanol.

Nasal defiantly seems at least 2x effective at least or else it is just the difference in ROA (surface area, absorption rate, etc.) I personally find 250 ug-750 ug to be somewhere around the right dose even without taking tolerance breaks longer than a week. 500 ug is a little much even with tolerance. Personally I never get visuals, but the physical effect is very powerful.

The thing is that after the dysphoric comeup, 800ug was a really nice amount.

I thing sublingual is less effective because some is always swallowed, and the slower rate of absorption is equivalent to staggered nasal dosing so it makes the comeup much gentler.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...me)-Ghosts-spirits-Encounter-and-Contact-High

^has anyone else who has taken 25i to really high levels had a similar experience to xorkoth where it feels like the drug is trying to tell you something? also has anyone noticed the slight similarity to salvia?

I didn't have entity contact or anything like that but I kept thinking someone was trying to tell me something, and I'd have random bursts of that feeling for weeks afterwards.

Edit:

I just read the previous page and the fact that it affects the kappa opoid receptor could have a lot to do with the fact that people at high doses relate it to salvia.

Last edited:
Raaaaargh! Wounded. Had an early finish yesterday so thought I'd make the most of it and do in the 2 x 25-I-NBOMe blotters ( 550ug HPBCD complexed apiece / 1.1mg total ) I've been waiting to do all week. Forgot I'd taken 5mg Mirtazipine for the first time in months ( Yup. Stupid, I know! ) the night before to help me sleep with an ear infection, the damn thing almost completely blocked it. There was just enough there as a threshold dose to know how a properly active dose is likely gonna be. Even with the barely there, just-enough-to-be-a-little-tease visuals the CEVs were quite unique, fully realised in their solidity, fully 3-dimensional / multi-dimensional, geometric, kinda fractal-like and highly dynamic. They were familiar to me, but unlike anything I've seen on LSD / shrooms / MDA etc. Decent music with a psychedelic edge sounded just incredible, Shpongle and Eat Static nearly tore my head off at times with the stuff going on. Not heard such width and depth for a long, long time.

Questions:

1) Standard advice is leave up to a month between Serotonergics of any description but past experience tells me I could / can still get pretty full effects after around 7 days with stimmy psyches like aMT / 5-IT / 6-APB / MDMA etc. It's extended periods of once weekly use that tend to become more noticeably depleting. Is the tolerance issue unusually problematic with this chem in particular, or would that likely apply here?

2) Is it the case that receptors were properly blocked by the Mirtazipine, not exposed as such, and would therefore come available as soon as it's been eliminated? Can they be taken out of the tolerance equation, or is that just wishful thinking based on my limited and incomplete understanding of the pharmacology.

3) Are they all so uniformly cross-tolerant that there's no point trying the 25-B or C NBOMe any sooner either?

4) Does the fact that ~3mg Mirtazipine ( Amount likely remaining from 5mg initial dose after 18 hours ) mostly blocked 1.1mg 25-I-NBOME tell us anything about the state of my receptors / brain chemistry?

TL;DR : How soon could I expect to be able to take B, C or I again and still get pretty full effects?

TL;DR : How soon could I expect to be able to take B, C or I again and still get pretty full effects?

I notice diminished effects even after 1 week. You'll still trip, but it's probably best to give it 2 weeks for a full experience.

1. Treat 25x-NBOMe like LSD when it comes to tolerance. You could probably do it once every 5-7 days without too much tolerance buildup, but best results will require a 2 week+ period of abstinence.

2. No. In fact, the way the 5-HT2a receptor is understood to work, any drug that binds to it, agonist or antagonist, will cause the receptors to internalise (produce tolerance). So you'll have to wait 2 weeks, ideally, from when the mirt'z out of your system for best effects.

3. All the potent serotonergic drugs are going to be cross tolerant, yes, esp. the closely related 25x drugs.

4. It tells you you're normal. Mirtazepine is a broad spectrun serotonin antagonist (has the opposite effect at receptors from serotonin / 25XNBOME). The reason you still tripped a little is because the 25I has such a high affinity it will kick the mirt off of 5ht2a.

Well that's about as comprehensive an answer as I could have hoped for. Just not the one I bloody wanted! :( Still, we can't have everything, can we. Cheers for the input Sekio, much appreciated fella. :)

quick question about the freebase. if i dissolve this in a 5% vinegar solution for a nasal spray.. apart from vinegar taste in my nose, this should work, right?

ah and please verify my calculation:
i'm having a nasal sprayer that does 0.14ml per puff
i'm planning to dissolve 10mg in 5ml 5% vinegar solution so that equals around 35 puffs/single doses with one administration having 280ug.

right or is there a thoughterror somewhere?

Yes, freebase in vinegar will work just fine. If it doesn't dissolve that well at first then keep shaking/stirring until it does.

Your solution will have a concentration of 2mg/mL so 0.14mL (=140uL) will have 280ug. Your math checks out :)

Having successfully dissolved freebase 25I-NBOMe in ascorbic acid, I wonder if this would be easier on the nose with citric acid coming a close second. before acetic acid. I know which I would rather be sticking up my nose.

The thing is that after the dysphoric comeup, 800ug was a really nice amount.

I thing sublingual is less effective because some is always swallowed, and the slower rate of absorption is equivalent to staggered nasal dosing so it makes the comeup much gentler.

Does anyone know if tolerance also begins to set in before it is all absorbed sublingually? Believe I read that somewhere, who knows if it's true.

has anyone else who has taken 25i to really high levels had a similar experience to xorkoth where it feels like the drug is trying to tell you something? also has anyone noticed the slight similarity to salvia?

I didn't have entity contact or anything like that but I kept thinking someone was trying to tell me something, and I'd have random bursts of that feeling for weeks afterwards.

Yes, I've had entity contact on both 25I and 2C-I. But then I get entity contact on lots of different substances so my experience may be atypical. I also get a sense of a substance's "personality" after using it a few times, and I experience both of them as friendly and open-minded feminine presences with a lot of curiosity about us human beings and our world. (Hopefully that doesn't sound too insane...;))

I've been using 25I since March, and I've also gotten the feeling that it's trying to communicate something to me, or channel a lot of information through me, or something along those lines. During my second trip I suddenly became interested in researching fractal geometry, hyperbolic geometry, the golden ratio, planetary orbits, etc., and on subsequent trips I've been spending a lot of time obsessively drawing various symbols and diagrams. I've also spent over $1000 over the past few months buying various philosophy and math books from Amazon. I'm not really sure what's going on or where it's going to take me, but it's been a fascinating experience so far, whatever it is. :)

1. Treat 25x-NBOMe like LSD when it comes to tolerance. You could probably do it once every 5-7 days without too much tolerance buildup, but best results will require a 2 week+ period of abstinence.

IMO it is better to compare it to other phenethylamines like 2c-i as far as tolerance breaks. I would just say a general rule of thumb for psychedelics is wait at least 1 week between trips (unless it is a multi-day binge trip) and use each psychedelic compound 1 time a month at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.