• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Big and Dandy Vinpocetine thread

I think theres a chance that the Rhodolia rosea could interact with Zoloft in some way if its related to the seratonin and dopamine systems . . . People on anti-d's are advised not to consume St Jophns Wort . . .

Holy hell! After taking 30mg for 10 days or so, I had a moment yesterday of ridiculous mental clarity. I've only felt so alive and awake one other time in my life. It was euphoric--like the profound vividness of a lucid dream, while awake. Unfortunately, after some coffee and a few hours, I was down to below baseline.

I'm going to keep it up for a while. If I get that feeling again, I'm sticking to this stuff for sure.

I used Vinpocetine for awhile when under pressure to perform . . . worked well. Light mood, energetic . . . etc . . . also got the colour enhancement and the clarity others report. Thing is, I'm a bit of a supplement fiend, and I was doing ginko biloba at the same time surign that period... result was dizzy spells, close to the fainty feeling . . . low blood pressure was my guess, as both substances are said to open up the blood vessels and thus the pressure goes down. I now use it very rarely, just when I feel the need for some extra motivation for some tasks with seemingly no long-term after-fx resp. comedown. That reminds me, I think I'll be using them soon again, cos I got stuff to do that I've been postponing that just needs to be done ;)

I found this to be a really helpful thread! I'm really keen to try Vinpocetine after reading all these great reports..

I have tried Pirecetam and found it to give little effect at the recommended doses, and really only got something out of it when i took an attack dose, which ususally resulted in an extended period on the porcelin express :\. I did end up taking it for 3 months, and didn't really effect my memory and attention span enough to order another batch.

So I really hope that Vinpocetine does work as well as everyone is saying..

Wish me luck :)

Hopefully I can order some to Australia.

Any one have any suggestions on what is a good furmula to buy, if I was planning on purchasing?? Im looking for being in a better mood per-say than taking some prescribed anti-depress. Good memory is a great thing. Someone point me in the right direction on where to look for these blends.

I have been meaning to try nootropics for a long while now. I have done alot of research and I always hear from people about how piracetam is not really that good compared to its analogues. Anecedotally, Pramiracetam has a much more noticeable effect. I have looked around and AFAIK pramiracetam is not available any more. But there is also oxiracetam and aniracetam which are both alot more potent (for lack of a better word).

Also from what I read most nootropics synergize with others. And I frequently read that it is best to supplement choline when using nootropics (especially with piracetam and its analogues.)

Sourcing is not permitted on Bluelight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crimson Cloud said:
I've yet to experience any nootropic, or read any reports of one, who's "effects" could conclusively be attributed to the substance itself and not be writen off as placebo. Personally, I think they're a waste of money.

Try a 1 week 800mg/day oxiracetam can come back and say that.
Try a 10mg Vinpocetine/day for a week and come back and say that.

They can have profound effects on your mental state. Shit man, just go read up about the clinical studies on pubmed.com if you want some info. It's not hard to find.

OH man, nootropics are amazing chemicals. I've experimented with vinpocetine, choline, ginkgo biloba, hydergine, tryptophan, tyrosine, DMAE, ALCAR, and maybe a couple others.

Nootropics make school SO FUCKING EASY, it's damn near humorous. In fact, I've found that every aspect of life becomes enhanced on these drugs. Increased mental clarity, increased ability to focus, increased retention, increased sociability, self-confidence, self-esteem, all that and more. I think my favorite to date is a pre-mixed product by the name of NeuroStim, it's got ALCAR, Choline, Tyrosine, Vinpocetine, DMAE, and Huperzine A; you can elect to order either the caffeinated or the non-caffeinated version depending on desired effects. Highly recommended.

For all you people with lots of 'cetam experience, what is this about Piracetam being ineffectual? I had heard that it was preferred over it's cousins because plasma levels don't completely diminish for 8-12 hours, giving the option to dose only twice daily, with an optimum plasma level throughout the day. If you were to recommend an alternative to Piracetam, which would it be and why? Thanks.

^^^

Piracetam doesn't cross the blood-brain-barrier as readily as the other "racetams" do. Such as oxiracetam. The blood plasma levels build up for a time and slowly migrate over to the brain side. To reach peak levels people mention weeks, not days as the effective load time for piracetem.

Oxiracetam is a good mid-point. For me, dosing about 500mg in thr morning, and 300mg in the afternoon keeps me well, not exactly "high", but definately motoring along intellectually.. studying is easy etc.

Aniracetam was the most "speedy" of the 3 I've tried. It had a rapid onset, and the peak was very speedy. - too speedy for my liking. Also, it didn't last most of the day and I would have had to redose 3 times a day to maintain a level mental state - If I wanted that I'd just do amphetamines :|

Off to Healthy Living we go!
(I realize this thread has lived here for a long time, but there is a more appropriate forum now)

^ that is also what I'm trying to find out, re the status of this substance in Australia.

$100 bucks says though that the fucking government have scheduled the fuck out of it.

I was looking around for info on this compound and found this thread, so I'm gonna bump it...

Why do I want to bump it? Because Vinpocetine is a gift from the gods!!!

Yes, the first couple of days I, too, found intense colour enhancement. The first time I took it I actually had a beautiful body-buzz even!

The others I found particularly usefull:

But thats not the point. This medicine not only has many health benifits (search pubmed), but also it is the only nootropic of the three or four I've tried (Nefiracetam, Selegiline, Choline forms, Picamilon, gingko, ginsing, and a galaxy of sups n herbs) that I AM POSITIVE has made me grow mentally. It has dramatic effects on memory, it makes deep/complicated thinking effortless, and whats more shocking is that I find it boosts my self esteem!

I look forward to sampling Vincamine (its natural precursor), or even a small ammount of Vinca tea. With the exception of a couple of slightly toxic compounds in the plant, the other constituents (which are of MUCH higher concentrations anyway!) of this plant have been shown to be very beneficial to long-term health (ex. anti-cancer, immune stim.).

The only negatives with VinpoCetin is that it doesn't provide much energy boost; something I look for in everything since I am usually tired. Apparently VincAMine is stimulating...we shall see soon, I hope!

I recently began taking Selegiline. It has done some subtle good things all around life which are only worth going after if they put these in bread or bottled water. Otherwise, I guess I can say I can live withot them.

This drug may have helped me with post-d'amp withdrawal depression (though I'd have to get on and off dex twice more if I was to test this hypothesis :p), but it certainly did nothing to increase my motivation/energy which is what I desparately need during the 3-week long "hypersomnolence" that amp. w/d seems to do. It definitely helps repairing memory that was damaged by other drug use, but thats all it does in terms of memory help. It makes thoughts more fluent, but all this is nowhere NEAR vinpocentin's work.

btw, it has VERY strong synergy with lPA and L-Tyrosine (makes sense). Though reflecting on thesese, I would not combine it with L-Dopa even if you paid me thogh!! Thought I might add... chocolate is a 100X more delicious than it is right now (which is on my top-1o list!). I never went above 5mg Selegiline p.d., however even at this level, one must be VERY careful with Amino-acid supplements here. I'll have to say so, it synergises with Vin. and Hup. VERY well.

Another nootropic that seemed to have worked for me was Huperzine. Admittedly, I had taken it only in the form of a combo with Vinpocetin, Choline, Gingko, and Vitamine (first three being obviously the most synnergistic). I found that this compound has a smaller but still noticeable effect as compared to vin., however it does have its own unique effects on creativity and general contentment. Plus, I found it to have what I call the "Dissociative Signature" which I feel on K, PCP, DXM, N2O, Cat's Claw, and even Zolpidem (!?), it is an identical signature feeling (neutral - just a unique percieved sensation). Then lo and behold!! Two days later I'm doing a lit. search on it and I discover it has NMDA-antagonistic properties!

Nefiracetam is vile shit. Don't let its rare status fool you - its rare 'case it sucks. haha. The impression I get from it is that of a corpse that is really angry at you for raising it from the dead :S (Though I am aware that this is more of the oddball of the 'racetams, so I'll be happy to sample Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, or Piracetam sometime just to compare). But Nef. just makes me antsy and restless, with hints of depression - but with some quickened intellectual thought, admittedly! But its no use with all the side-effects. I find it negates many of the qualities of benzos (especially sleepyness)...

... but get this SIN: NEFIRACETAM COMPLETELY BLOCKS THE ACTION OF KETAMINE!!!

I once had some K whose quality..etc I'm familiar with but did not take for 4 months for travel purposes (point being that tolerance is not an issue here). When I came back, I decided to try it IV. My regular IV dose is 70mgish, which I IVed. All I got a weak rush, some mild dizziness and it all went away in 5 mins. I loaded all that was left prepared in front of me. (probably around 120ishmg!) and IVed it. I got the exact reaction!![/b]. What a waste of sacrament :( At the time I had forgotten I've taken some nefiracetam. When I remembered it, I decided to do it again in 2 days, and so it was - with just 70mgs, and I went where K is supposed to take you, and none of us lived unhappily after ever! ;)

====

One thing though: PICAMILON "n-nicotynil-GABA" I believe it was! This this is so hard to research because of the so many possibilities of its name, and when research is found, it is scarce, and usually russian! :S. Apparently, affter the drug basses the BBB, it is metabolized so that the GABA would actually get to the brain, but you also get the other hald (N-nicotinate) or something, which is rather stimulating.... I would BEG anyone who knows anything more on this or any personal notes to please pose.

Thanks for reading my too-long posy. But oh Hell..!

I tried all aniracetam, oxi and vinpocetine and really didn't notice much. I played around with the doses and am very aware of myself and changes that occur but there wasn't much. I think i may have been looking to hard. There was def. placebo action going on. I noticed being a little more edgy on aniracetam. Vinpocetine i did notice color enhancement. Maybe i'll try again and lower my expectations.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of how vinpocetine combines with other substances like cannabis, MDMA or psychedelics?

^ My personal experience? Vinpocetine made me feel light headed and confused when I take it with MDMA. Haven't tried it with anything else.