• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Scale Thread (First wave - archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rikki tikki, wait until your calibration weights come in for sensitive measurements. Until then do liquid measurements with 100mg in 100ml. For the specific chem you are weighing, search the big and dandy threads or the solubility thread (or erowid) to find information on its stability in solution(s) of various kinds.

Is it at all possible to find a decent .001g scale for under $100? There's a AMW Gemini-20 Portable Milligram Scale for $60 on ebay but I have doubts that it's accurate... seems too good to be true.

I bought some very good scales from a shop in my town called news4you they measure to one decimal place on grams and also have 4 other weight types. They only cost me ten quid, but now i bought them i have absolutely nothing to do with them. I want to start dealing but it may take time.

Jamie

Thanks, I was a bit lazy to search for it myself.

Anyways, what's the cheapest scale out there that goes down to mgs? They seem pretty rare as I can't seem to find them anywhere.

daily_amphetamine said:
Is it at all possible to find a decent .001g scale for under $100? There's a AMW Gemini-20 Portable Milligram Scale for $60 on ebay but I have doubts that it's accurate... seems too good to be true.

I have the scale you're referring to. It's not bad for the money. The only thing I don't like is that when the batteries start getting low, the accuracy goes all to hell. I've tested it against a much more expensive scale, and it gets a little flakey under 10mg. For this reason I weigh DOXes in larger amounts, then go to liquid measurement.

For most tryptamines and PEAs this is fine as long as you keep fresh batteries in it, and calibrate it every single time you use it.

If I had it to do over again I'd be patient and save up the money for something more reliable with AC power. Hope this helps though. :)

Can you use a cheap .01g scale and a set of calibration weights in increments of 10, 20, 50, and 100mg to accuaratly weight a 50mg+ sample. Then use liquid measurement for precise dosing to be safe with sensitive 2c chemicals like 2c-e?

I wouldn't, because the dose/response curve with 2C-E is crazy. The difference between 20mg and 22mg can be very surprising.

Yea, but If I could get a 100mg dose weighed within a couple mg using a 100mg calibration weight then after liquid measurment the precision would be pretty close to what I want.

I am currently trying to decide between the Gempro-250, the Jennings JS-VG, and the Jennings Precision 20. I know the Precision 20 isn't great, but it is on sale right now for $19.95, and it used to be the same price as the JS-VG for quite a while. I could afford the Acculab VIC-123, but heard that it can be finicky and should remain plugged in all the time and not moved. I am not looking for something quite that sensitive. I won't be weighing anything under 10mgs, with most weighs in the 20-50mg range. Is it worth it to get the Gempro-250? Or should I take the $20 deal on the Precision 20 for my needs?

Also, is an F2 calibration set really necessary? How off is an M3/M2 set?

Last edited:
Also, if I may have reason to buy something on the level of an Acculab in a year or two, should I just get a Precision 20 for now since it is only $20? Wouldn't it not make sense to spend $90-$170 now if I am going to spend $200+ in a year or two?

Ok. Looks as if I'm not going to get any help on this. I've decided to go with the somewhat crappy JPrecision 20 for now. I know it is not terribly accurate, but I will only be using it for dimitri, so it should be fine. I am fairly certain that I will be getting an Acculab in the future, so no sense in spending $100+ now. I'm sure the JPrecision will do fine (only with the aforementioned substance) until I can afford the acculab.

I got the acculab vic-123, and yeah, if you move it around you need to rotate the feet so it's perfectly level, but that's pretty easy, and it was really worth it.

Well I got the Jennings Precision 20, and I am pretty happy. I know it is not great, but I don't think you can beat it at the current "blowout price" of $20. I'm glad I didn't get the JS-VG, as I bet it wouldn't be much more accurate for $60 more. When I do decide to get a more accurate one, I will be going with the Acculab VIC-123. Until then, I think the Precision 20 is the best buy possible for under $150. If it were the same price as the JS-VG, I would get the JS-VG... but it is not. My advice, if you want a milligram scale for under $100, go with the Precision 20 while it is still on sale. If you want to spend more than $150, you could go with the Gempro250, but I would go with the Acculab VIC-123.

I was thinking about getting a Fast Weigh ZX-250 Digital Pocket Scale 250 x 0.1g. It's on sale for 12.95! Shipping will probably be another 10-15 though. :/ What do you guys think about this scale? I really only need it to measure out 100mgs and grams.

I also found a nice Calibrön Precision Twin Beam Gram Scale for 19.95. Capacity-4g
Readability-0.05 g
I found the same scale at a different site, it looks a bit fishy, has anyone ordered from virtual shopper.net before?

The only thing with that site (balance.com) is that they don't accept credit cards, right? I only found links for a money order and paypal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.