• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Ketamine Thread (Archived start - 11-20-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
delta_9 said:
you can't just "got to your local vet", not in america anyway. And you also don't wan't to use ketamine everyday, it's addictive.

Yeah, in my home state I was pretty sure u'd have to get the perscription for your kitty or someshit...but anyway....any word on drug testing for K?

On the addiction of ketamine.....yes I'm sure it's addictive, but so is chewing gum, or having sex, or biting your nails. My belief on addiction is if you know you're not going to get addicted to it no matter what, then it's not going to happen. At least for me, I haven't been addicted to anything. I smoked weed for 4 years everyday all day.....had to quit for my career, so I did. I smoke cigarettes now and then because I like to smoke things, but I hardly consider myself a smoker of how very little I smoke. I bump ketamine everyday. I go through about 1g-2g/month which really isn't bad comparing to people who use 2 grams in one night or 20g a month. I can stop when I want to, without any "withdraw" or needing to get high on something. I just like to use it a lot. I normally take breaks for two weeks every month. Use everyday for 4 weeks....take two weeks off. Start up again. Those two weeks are waiting for supply to come back in :)

So screw this "addiction" I don't believe in it. Please don't debate this with me, it's just my belief. It's all about the person and their personality. Strong willed or not. I am a very strong willed person.

samadhi_smiles said:
There's plenty of cases of LSD bringing out latent schizophrenia in individuals by causing psychotic breaks. This happens particularly around the ages of 18-24 in males.

Basically anything profoundly traumatic can exacerbate schizophrenia.

Yeah, if you're schizophrenic or are just developing schizophrenia then perhaps LSD could have an effect - although this doesn't explain why so many hundreds of thousands of people who never take LSD also develop schizophrenia. And there's also the problem of doctors being keen on blaming schizophrenia on drug use. I'm certain if you went to a doctor and said "I've got schizophrenia...oh, I took LSD once 4 years ago" the doctor would write "LSD caused this mans schizophrenia".

I think the situation is if you're schizophrenic then LSD could make it worse but LSD is never going to cause schizophrenia in someone who isn't already susceptible to it.

anyone know the half-life of ketamine? i know the primary effects are rather short-lived, but last time i dreamed that i did it, upon trying to fall asleep i would hear sequences of tones, or people talking, inside my head, not that it wasn't neat, and this was about 2.5 hrs after ingestion, and upon going to bed i did feel quite sober.

ket is a wonderful compound. nothing has ever given me the full blown truely psychedelic experiences/OOBE's that it has. ive done a good range of tryptamines and phenethylamines and k still comes out on top...

Ketamine is indeed amazing, but after I holed once I've never been able to get nearly that far again. Of course, I've not IMed it.

_Xorkoth_ tryptamine combos

Xorkoth said:
Ketamine is indeed amazing, but after I holed once I've never been able to get nearly that far again. Of course, I've not IMed it.
In the past I've used ketamine insufflated and IM'd, at doses varying from 25mg to 125mgs (IM), and despite being a unique and enjoyable experience, I never tripped over that damn hole. That all changed when I mixed it with psilocin and took intermittent pulls of DPT freebase throughout the experience. For people having trouble realizing or re-realizing the full potential of ketamine, I would recommend combining it with a tryptamine that has a strong introspective push for you. Obviously it's not the same experience as if I were sensitive to ketamine's psychedelic effects singly, but the psychedelic effects the combo achieves are very much distinct from psilocin alone and parallel many descriptions I've read of k-hole experiences. Of note, this is the most potent inducer of glossolalia and related phenomena I've ever experienced, with at the very least a neologism evoked during all five seperate combo trips.

8mg of psilocin dissolved in 50mgs of ketamine and IM'd gets me there--for generalization, a high ++ dose of a serotonergic drug and a moderate to high dose of ketamine--but I'm more sensitive to ketamine than most people my weight (170lbs). I was surprised to find that ketamine's synergy with psilocin is significantly greater--providing a wilder and more immersing experience,--than it was with 40mgs of DMT, and that's with psilocin taken with a 25mg booster dose of ketamine after the DMT/ket trip was waning for a pretty direct comparison. It was the first time I took a booster dose of ketamine, and the next morning I had a hangover I otherwise would not have had, but it was well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who has used the k/serotonergic combo, or has specifically used it with psilocin or mushrooms: have you noticed that the trip can change dramatically contingent on the position of your head, or the exhilarating sensations that accompany the head turn?

For me it was like the neuronal populations--artificially and partially isloated from the k and energized in a flurry of cross and parallel signals from the psilocin--suddenly had their vital juice dumped onto a whole new population or organization that started the epic over again. It was like careening down a hill in a barrel through a weed patch of long and utterly forgotten sensations and memories.

Truly discontinuous shit: the sunlit interior of a traffic cone held to my eye, the smell of a plastic shoe mat in a hotel during a flight delay, the soaked and tattered edge of a thick paper wrapper pressed against a tropical berry popsicle, all whipping against my face as I tumbled through their dense experiential entanglements: the "address gnarls", as it insistently and repeatedly named itself by highjacking my linguistic faculties. It was nearly a Borgesian Aleph--a single point through which all others are simultaneously visible--but restrained to the mind and memory. I've gone back to it every week for four weeks, but it has become so nauseatingly replete with content and impressions that I'm sure if I went back now I would literally puke. Always nice when drugs intrinsically supply the mechanism of their cessation...

Sounds amazing, psoodonym! I'm always in awe at your reports back fromthe other side!

Have fun and stay safe, brother! :)

The only ketamine experiences I've had were with pressed pills that I ate; I've never really liked that effect that much. That said, I've only had K about 6 or 7 times, usually coming down from another drug, and I've only snorted it once. BGFGK. Ands thats my ever so useul contribution to the ketamine thead. :)

My belief on addiction is if you know you're not going to get addicted to it no matter what, then it's not going to happen.

That's the sort of phrase that will rattle around inside your head for years afterwards while you struggle to control some sort of problematic use. If you use enough, you will eventually get your arse well and truely kicked; to have that attiotude then find yourself with an addiction isn't going to be pleasant. I was never that self-certain or cocky, but I did think having a background in pharmacology would alert me to the danger signs...

Utter pish! I've had one short run in with opiates and a bit of a love/hate relationship with ketamine despite knowing of the dangers warned about such drugs with a compulsive nature. We are chemical machines and if you fuck around with our chemistry (and as such influence behaviour, learning etc), we go funny.

Don't ever think that willpower will save you from dependant use of any drug (some are 'better' at it than others), evolution has constructed a brain that is influenced, in both cognition & motivation, by changes of levels of certain chemicals. If you start artificially controlling the levels and that particular compound is important in reinforcing/learning new behaviours (ie dopamine), then you will eventually push it too far and find yourself in the merde. Getting out from under the influence once already there is where willpower becomes important - the decent into hell is efffortless, the climb back out never is.

I imagine injected K would be the biggest arsequake tho.

Arsequake... that's a novel bit of English vocabulary to describe K-holing using the IM admin route! =D

Can someone explain the benefits to using ketamine at a club or rave? It often seems to get classified as a rave or club drug but with my experiences my dancing definitely doesn't become enhanced. On low doses I feel heavy and less compelled to dance than I normally would and when I reach a k-hole dancing is out of the question. I wouldn't want to label K as a club/rave drug at all, I'd be more comfortable dosing at home where I have a couch or place to sit down and relax...or am I missing something?

^I don't see ketamine as a club/rave drug. When I do it, I'm either in my own house, or at the house of a close friend. I'm not much of a dancer anyway, and ketamine just makes me wanna lay down and enjoy my trip, plus I can barely walk when i do it. I don't go for k-holes much, I try to get just before a k-hole.

Anybody have experience mixing K with any 2c-*s? I'm planning on doing a 2c-e + K combo later on today. Figured I'd dose 2c-e, wait a couple hours and then Hole. I've been looking for experiences with this combo but haven't been able to find anything. Thinking I might smoke some DMT ontop of the hole but I don't know if that'd be overkill.

*edit***Also, I plan on snorting the K but some asshole broke my nose the otherday. It'd still be dandy in terms of absorption right?

Last edited:
I just tried K last night, I found it to be everything that I look for in a drug. I wish that i had better connections because I picked it up from a festival, and can't find any around here. :(

GreenMachine said:
I just tried K last night, I found it to be everything that I look for in a drug. I wish that i had better connections because I picked it up from a festival, and can't find any around here. :(
^^^I totally feel that dude, It took me a good seven months to find K out in the Rockie Mountains after I left the East Coast.

i think it's usually low dose in combo w mdma to take a bit of the edge off, and add some dreaminess + detachment to the headspace. it's not great for dancing, but it is nice to 'turn off' and space out to the music. it's probably the short duration, ease of redose, relative safety and good interactions w other drugs that lend it 'club appeal'.

pr0ficient said:
Can someone explain the benefits to using ketamine at a club or rave? It often seems to get classified as a rave or club drug but with my experiences my dancing definitely doesn't become enhanced. On low doses I feel heavy and less compelled to dance than I normally would and when I reach a k-hole dancing is out of the question. I wouldn't want to label K as a club/rave drug at all, I'd be more comfortable dosing at home where I have a couch or place to sit down and relax...or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.