• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread (Archive start - 4-14-2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plazma

Bluelighter
eyeDivider.gif

External Information Links:

eyeDivider.gif

Original post:

being someone who is curious about these things... i'd just like to know from those who have tried both, whether there is any real difference in the effects...
thanx in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! From my experience of LSD (3 times) and LSA (twice) there's a huge difference. LSA is horrible. Even if you take dramamine before you eat your seeds of choice it still sucks. I had very bad muscle cramps the next day i was a big walking tensed muscle. I had almost no body buzz. Only plus was that i had visuals for around 15 hrs but they were mild at best i'd have to stare at something for around 5 min before it would begin to breath, move, or pulse.
Don't do LSA unless you are EXTREMELY bored.

First of all, let's remember that LSA refers to lysergic acid amides. That is a plural. There are many different compounds present in morning glory/baby woodrose seeds and they are refered to collectively as LSA. The effects of morning glory seeds are very different from that of pure lysergic acid amide, or LA-111. The other alkaloids present modify the effect. OK big deal.
LSD is stimulating, the seeds are somewhat sedating. LSD is very visual, the seeds are not very visual. If you want bright colors, maniacal energy, high wierdness, and crazy bubbly melty type visuals, you will want LSD. The seeds seem more suited for quiet introspection that is free from flashy visual distractions. You will probably end up lying on your bed in a dreamlike state getting an 'entheogenic' therapy session rather than 'tripping'. It comes down to why you are taking it in the first place.
Not everybody that tries these seeds finds them to be as bad as you did Gantoris. In fact, some people rather enjoy them and never experience those troubling side-effects you seem to have.

In all my years of drug use NOTHING has kicked my ass quite as bad as Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds. I dosed too high and ended up spastic on the floor... manifesting what almost resembled Parkinsonian tremors. I did this for a few hours (Ahhh, and the puking - can never forget that!) before ending up in bed curled up in fetal position making strange whistling noises.
Conclusion... LSA and Sebastian DON'T MIX!!!
Ironically, LSD and Sebastian are best of friends. So in short, yes, the 2 drugs are extremely different as measured by their effects.

morninggloryseed, I think you lived up to your name quite well on that one....you hit the nail on the head in regards to my experience. HBWR produces little, if any, visuals but still allows for a significant mental trip. I found the therapeutic value of HBWR to be greater than LSD. With LSD I would always enter the same introspective state that morninggloryseed mentioned, but I wouldn't be able to bring much back from it...LSD causes me to ask myself a whole bunch of questions but I seem unable to answer them or bring anything useful back from it. HBWR, on the other hand, puts me in the same introspective state but I seem to be able to draw connections better and to bring back answers from the trip. Very useful indeed...but probably not that desirable as a recreational/party drug.

Is there anything else out there LSA-trippers suggest to take with LSA (to lessen the 'parkinson's-like tremors' seb's ghost talked about) other than dramamine??
I've heard that shite's nasty...

The muscle spasms and nausea are caused by chemicals found in treatment of the seeds and chemicals naturally occuring in the seed coat. Goto www.erowid.com and look up extraction methods for morning glory seeds. I have 15 grams of heavenly blues right now in extraction stage 2 that should be ready for sat afternoon. One hint I've heard though that fresh ginger really kills the nausea that MG seeds may bring. Its all in the extraction. Get rid of the shit and u will have a pleasurable experience

You still get the muscle cramps, though, because the actives are very good at constricting vessels. This is what causes the muscle cramps, and if used long enough in high enough amounts, can cause gangrene a la St. Anthony's fire. These muscle cramps (particularly in the thighs, centered around the femoral arteries..) make HBWR impossible for me to tolerate.

~*~HBWR~*~When will Time Resume?

Well i took it upon myself to partake in 9 inviting HBWR tonight and I am awaiting it's splendor. I must say it has been 2 hrs and 20 minutes since I prepared and took them down. I feel sorta buzzed my skin is hot, almost as if I had taken a Niacin. I just feel time is creeping so slowly, I want to know if this is peaking or do I have more pleasures to come. Time has come to a hault and I begin to appreciate the power of HBWR, slowly I ride this ride. I still desire more, mmmm ;-)

You've got a long way to go, you'll come up quite a bit more, in fact your just beginning...

Oh that is so good to know. Right about now I'm getting sorta sleepy I still feel quite buzzed but not much has changed. How long does it take on average for you all for them to be in full effect? I wonder cause if they don't any stronger I may fall into dreamland, probably have some pretty cool dreams though...I shouldn't have took them so late after a long day. Anyway I need to know if I am gonna incline anymore before that tempting pillow starts talking my language. It's now at a little over 3 hrs since my journey began...tick tock goes the funny little clock

If it hasn't hit by three hours perhaps it wont intensify, give it a little more time then go on to bed...
Nine should have given you a pretty good trip, but the comeup is usually about three to four hours...
Did you eat earlier?
Also, sometimes seeds have more or less amounts of the chemicals in it...
Who knows, let us know how it went...
Pure

after 2 hours got stomach pains, 2hours 30 mins had small lunch, jacket potatoe and crisps pain go, after 3 hours pain back had a small bong, pain go 10 mins later felt like i just done 5 big bongs. wenrt for walk colours of sky amazing, talked loads and was very happy intensified colours. was sick, weird ssensations of everyone looking at me knowing what was going on, kidna paranoia, get home about 2 hours after leaving house so about 5 hours 5 hours 30 min after ingesting, try to watch dune, visuals in tv, on walls, closed eyed shapes appear, triangles, each side then mutipled and triangle transformed, lots of past memories ccame back and made sense in a non time line way, realised that all ppl i took semi notice of was me of could be me, had semi religous experiance, of meeting something greater who took a human form to comfort me (was bit scared at this time) went sleep, woke up still had some feelings of the hbwr 15 hours after ingesting
took 7 of em

have any of you tried LSA/morning glory?

Hey.Im geeting some morning glory seeds soon and I was wondering if there was any advice on preparation,safety,dose etc.Ive been reading up on it but the dosages Ive been told have varied from about 30seeds to about 3000seeds so Im feeling a bit unsure.also is it worth a sitter? thanx

I'm killing a bit of time this morning so I'll go ahead and tell you. You want to eat about ten grams of seeds. Make sure you have one of the right varieties (ie. Heavenly Blues, Pearly Gates, Flying Saucers).
My suggestion, grind them up in a coffee grinder and cap the powder in empty gelcaps. The various extraction methods seem to lose a lot of the LSA or destroy it.
Finally, have some cannabis onhand, it will help much with the nausea and smooth out the rough kinks in the trip. Be prepared to purge, but know that once you do you will feel a lot better.
Pure

Here's what some friends and I did:
I purchased some untreated seeds online (shop around.) I used some cheapo coffee grinder to grind them up (600 per person.) We mixed the ground-up seeds with chocolate pudding (I know I've said this before, but I will never go near chocolate pudding ever again...if you decide to mix the seeds with food keep this in mind.)
It took me about 45 minutes to get all of it down (imagine pudding mixed with dirt.) Before, during, and after consumption I was taking hits of green (highly recommended.)
When all is said and done the green prevented stomach discomfort, and the resulting 8+ hour trip was definitely the most alien and bizarre trip of my life.

I recently tried it for the first time this past weekend, did 11 grams of Heavenly blue. All I can say is dont underestimate this shit, WOW! Me and my friend were just chillin watching a movie, and after about an hour, I puked. You know the rule, once you puke after ingesting something, you will be tripping. My friend said we should smoke some weed, but it was absolutley pointless, because I was so fucked up that we would smoke a joint and I would forget we even smoked it, or he'd pass it to me cause it was my hit, and Id be like" oh when did you spark this up" even if it was already halfway smoked. By2.5 hours into the trip, I had lost all concept of time and just what the hell was going on. Finally fell asleep later on, about 3:30am, woke up at 10:30am and felt suprisingly good.

plugging lsa? :)

a common side effect of consuming morning glory or woodrose seeds is nausea. i've heard reports that for some people this nausea is so extreme it ruins the whole trip. i've heard that performing an extraction will may lessen this, i've also heard that it doesn't help at all. i was wondering if a basic sort of extraction was performed if you could then cap and plug the final product to eliminate nausea?

Well ideally it should work. If you perform an successful extraction and the material is rich in psychedelic ergoline alkaloids and you shove it up you ass, it should work. Plugging is well established to be effective with practically everything else.
Personally I think if people don't want to be sick, they should just stick with LSD or mushrooms and avoid things that carry inherent nausea with them like the seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.